Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Potion of Immortality?

124...Next

Comments

• Faust-RSIFaust-RSI Posts: 209 Member
    FKM100 wrote: »
    Faust-RSI wrote: »
    I had this bug. Moodlet somehow went away but her ghost state - not. Just give your sim another potion and it will be fine (if it doesn't fail again, that is).

@Faust-RSI, do you mean that giving your ghost sim another immortality potion to drink will restore them to their normal 'alive' state? I am having the same problem as @Bronwin2 - the potion backfired and my sim is still a ghost after more than a week. I am at my wits' end.

Well, sorry I wasn't fast enough to answer :)
  • GageaGagea Posts: 1,274 Member
    edited November 2019
    deleted
  • Ladydragon_83Ladydragon_83 Posts: 6 New Member
    > @FKM100 said:
    > (Quote)
    >
    > Just to report back - I made my sim drink another potion of immortality and it did restore her to her normal physical form (thank heavens!). Before that, I tried the 'Dedeathify' spell on her, but it did not do the trick.

well..it did not work for me..i tried both the spell and the potion..so yea..did not work..so my sim is still a ghost..

help please..
  • FKM100FKM100 Posts: 886 Member
    edited January 2020
    > @FKM100 said:
    > (Quote)
    >
    > Just to report back - I made my sim drink another potion of immortality and it did restore her to her normal physical form (thank heavens!). Before that, I tried the 'Dedeathify' spell on her, but it did not do the trick.

well..it did not work for me..i tried both the spell and the potion..so yea..did not work..so my sim is still a ghost..

help please..

I'm sorry, but I really don't know what to suggest in that case. I know the spell doesn't work, but the potion worked for me. Are you sure that the potion "took"? Because it might have failed yet again (see @Faust-RSI's comment above). Maybe try the potion again and see what happens? After all, it can't make things any worse.

• BookydaggosBookydaggos Posts: 1 New Member
    This is a really long paragraph but it might help you let your sims live forever without being vampires.

There are no other occult sims in the sims4 apart from vampires who can live forever. You can give any other sims the potion of immortality which stops them dying but it doesn’t stop their ageing. Also when I used the potion of immortality, 2 out of the 6 sims I gave it to got ‘ghastly consequences’ which meant that they turned in to a ghost for a little while (about 24 game hours ) and then they turned back (well only one of them did whereas the other just stayed as a ghost) but the potion of immortality had not worked on them. Despite all of that I did try giving sims who had already had the potion of immortality the potion of rejuvenation (a potion that stops ageing) but for me it just didn’t work out so pretty much all of my sims are now vampires just because I want them to live forever. However the other day I was playing around with the game options on the sims4 and I found that on the ‘gameplay’ icon, there is an ‘auto age (played sims)’. By default mine was on yes however if you turn that off it says that ‘if disabled your sims will not age up’. There is also another icon that says ‘auto age (unplayed sims)’ which is basically the same it just means that unplayed households won’t age up either. I believed that this was too good to be true so I tried it on a random sim I made and I played as the sim on full speed for about 40 mins real time and she hadn’t aged a bit. I’m still a little skeptical about this so I need to do some more testing but if this works then this is the only other way I know of from preventing sims from ageing up or getting older in any way without them being a vampire or dying. Hope this helps.
  • FKM100FKM100 Posts: 886 Member
    Hi @Bookydaggos, yes, you can certainly turn aging off in the game, for both played and unplayed sims - and it definitely does work. That is how I have been playing so far, because I did not want my principal characters to grow old and die from old age. But your choice then affects all the sims in that category; you can't pick and choose.
  • JeansooJeansoo Posts: 3,606 Member
    edited March 2020
    So far, I prefer the vamp sims and there are 2 reasons for this. The 1st one is natural immortality and the 2nd one is they can move in bat form or fast walk or in mist form while holding something in their hands. The virtuoso spell casters only can move with trasnportate spell while their all hands are free. When they are holding a toddler or holding a dish in hands, then they can't do but vampires can do. Only one sad point for the vampires they cannot fill their thirsty bar with human food.
  • wachwurdwachwurd Posts: 2 New Member
    ok...so...just so everybody knows, I had a young adult sim who discovered the potion and drank it immediately....he turned into a ghost.
  • blockhart93blockhart93 Posts: 56 Member
    edited February 2021
    Hi Everyone,

I see this post is kind of old, but I've just started playing with Spellcastwrs in my game and here is the truth to help people with this problem.

I had 2 Spellcasters that used the immortality position and the prompt resurrection potion.

My Spellcasters husband died when I was playing with their adult daughter's household. I then went to my spellcasters household and got his wife to bring him back to life with the Deathdify spell.

He came back to life but they weren't married anymore.

When she was on her way to her husband's grave ro revive him, her time was coming to an end. The game said something along the means of "Meet Deadly Demise" but it never happened, because of the "Immortality" spell. "Meet Deadly Demise popped up allthroughout me playing with her" about like 7 times in a day..

When her husband was revived I gave him and her both the prompt resurrection potion that's supposed to last 2 days.

I remarried them and left the household and soon as I went to play with their child again, the wife then passed from old age away, even though she was "Immortal" and supposed to be promptly resurrected.

This means both potions only are effective when playing the household smh This is not cool at all, there's no fine print saying "only effective on active household "

I hope this helps someone else

Ea team would you please update this in the game.
    @EA_Mai @Leeloo
  • bshag4lvbshag4lv Posts: 9,374 Member
    edited March 2021
    After drinking the immortal potion my sim now had a glowing infinity symbol in her neck (see avatar picture) that shows up from time to time. Is anyone else experiencing this, or is it a bug?

My sim sisters, spellcasters, were so alarmed at their parents, non magical, aging that they gave them the Immortality Potion and yes, they have the infinity light, what ever you call it, around their neck. I'm personally not fond of the animation, but oh well.
    In my house, dog hair sticks to everything but the dog.
  • TammorsTammors Posts: 357 Member
    Faust-RSI wrote: »
    Useless potion. It doesn't stop aging.
    Has anyone figured out what it does when it "fails"? It seems to me it just does nothing, no curse

One of my warlocks was hit with Curse of the Night Wraith when drinking either the rejuvenation or immortality potion. It was probably the rejuvenation potion, because several people here report characters temporarily becoming ghosts after failing the immortality potion. (I've had a character do that too.)

• TammorsTammors Posts: 357 Member
    That being said, I wish the potion of Rejuvenation turned anybody that drank it into a young adult. So if an elder drinks it they become young again.
    I do remember reading somewhere that you can make something that will do this. I think maybe an ambrosia cake?

• SharoniaSharonia Posts: 4,853 Member
    I actually downloaded a mod from Zero to freeze their age when taking the potion. I was planning to have Cassandra Goth become and immortal spell caster but I don’t want her to be elderly. I want her to be young and beautiful like she always is. The mod also removes that annoying animation that floats round their head too so I think it’s a great mod to have if anybody is still having issues with this.
  • StartUpGeniusStartUpGenius Posts: 135 Member
    Does anyone know how to remove that annoying immortality symbol in immortal Sims? I want it disabled..
  • StartUpGeniusStartUpGenius Posts: 135 Member
    bshag4lv wrote: »
    After drinking the immortal potion my sim now had a glowing infinity symbol in her neck (see avatar picture) that shows up from time to time. Is anyone else experiencing this, or is it a bug?

My sim sisters, spellcasters, were so alarmed at their parents, non magical, aging that they gave them the Immortality Potion and yes, they have the infinity light, what ever you call it, around their neck. I'm personally not fond of the animation, but oh well.

Yeah that's the symbol I'm talking about. How to remove it?
  • To7mTo7m Posts: 5,467 Member
    edited July 2021
    bshag4lv wrote: »

Yeah that's the symbol I'm talking about. How to remove it?

With a Mod, google ZEROS sims 4 mods. It one of theirs.

Also, check the dates on the threads. Necroing old threads isn’t allowed, and it’s annoying for others.

—T