Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Sims 4 Spooktacular Gift Exchange- Gifting is Open!

12345679...Next

Comments

• friendsfan367friendsfan367 Posts: 29,362 Member
    cmbaker16 wrote: »
    @Mystik1978 Well I think for me I found sims 3 easier cause i transitioned from sims 2 which had the same building tools/techniques just some differences. So I didn't find building in 3 hard but I do think sims 4 is easier to build but we're a bit limited to what we can do in building so for some they might find the limitations make building harder in 4 where as in 3 we weren't as limited in building.

that's my 2 cents anyways.

where did the phrase 2 cents come from sorry its about3 minutes til i meet mom so can't look it up.
  • cmbaker16cmbaker16 Posts: 9,172 Member
    @friendsfan367 I have no idea it's just a phrase we use, we also use "A penny for your thoughts" but we also use "that's my 2 cents" no idea where either came from or how they came about if your really curious google it.
    @friendsfan367 I have no idea it's just a phrase we use, we also use "A penny for your thoughts" but we also use "that's my 2 cents" no idea where either came from or how they came about if your really curious google it.

i would google it but work didn't call so no time too. :)
  • TaoronTaoron Posts: 2,031 Member
    @Mystik1978 Well I think for me I found sims 3 easier cause i transitioned from sims 2 which had the same building tools/techniques just some differences. So I didn't find building in 3 hard but I do think sims 4 is easier to build but we're a bit limited to what we can do in building so for some they might find the limitations make building harder in 4 where as in 3 we weren't as limited in building.

that's my 2 cents anyways.

where did the phrase 2 cents come from sorry its about3 minutes til i meet mom so can't look it up.

I believe, that in it's original form, it was a statement of tentative or almost slight self-degredation, just to say that 'this is my opinion, and this is what it may be worth to you.'
  • Mystik1978Mystik1978 Posts: 1,613 Member
    I believe you are right @Taoron, the way I understood it is just that. You may not give two sh-ts (AKA Cents) but this is my opinion and I am giving it to you anyway.
    edited November 2019
    Mystik1978 wrote: »
    I believe you are right @Taoron, the way I understood it is just that. You may not give two sh-ts (AKA Cents) but this is my opinion and I am giving it to you anyway.

so its a way of saying i'm giving you my opion whether you want it or not. at least thats the way i understand it. i was at work at 12 then had to fight to log in so i'm just now reading this, thank you both. :)
  • illusieillusie Posts: 13,816 Member
    edited November 2019
    @Mystik1978 , that's hard to say. In the sims 3 you have more freedom with colours and patterns, while building in the sims 4 goes faster. I loved the sims 3, but don't play it anymore because my computer had problems with it when many EP's are installed. It took more than 15 minutes to load, there was a lot of lagging and it frequently crashed. So if your friend has got a good computer I think the sims 3 would be great to start, if not then go for the sims 4.

btw I love the picture you posted <3