Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

How Will Your Sims Spend This Halloween?

13...Next

Comments

• CororonCororon Posts: 4,276 Member
    I knew that giving my great-grandsims a torture rack table for Halloween was a bad idea!

zoIHlXd.jpg

No one was hurt, though! Here's Susanne & Jessica with cousin Hedda, planning outfits and stuff the other day. They have since moved to Salmon Woods and will do the trick-or-treating there. :smile:

yGKRS5j.jpg
    cUrfGkA.gif
  • GraceyManorGraceyManor Posts: 20,080 Member
    @Cororon
    Where did you get the halloween outfits?
    @Cororon
    Where did you get the halloween outfits?

The Sim Resource. https://www.thesimsresource.com/downloads/details/category/sims3-clothing-female/title/girls-dress--halloween-party/id/1266146/

The witch hat is a deco object, and I used a OMSP resizer to make it smaller plus a 15 degree tipsy OMSP.

I also used a 90 degrees tipsy OMSP to put the skateboard to the wall like that.
    cUrfGkA.gif
    And another Halloween pic. :smile:

FzYIvFS.jpg
    cUrfGkA.gif
  • mw1525mw1525 Posts: 1,215 Member
    @Cororon - Your Great-GrandSims are truly adorable! And, No, A torture rack is not a good idea :D!

=======

Well, my Halloween plans didn't go off quite as planned. I discovered, while trying to invite Sims to the party, that the venue I had chosen and decorated wasn't among the list of 'approved' locations. So, instead of inviting Sims to party, I just had my Sim call them all and invite them out. Luckily, many of the Sims did decide to come hang out with him. For costumes I chose to use outfits which won't get much use in this world such as the Valentines Day set, Steam Punk and Le Cirques; nothing fancy. In the end, the bar outing did turn out to be very much like a party with guests enjoying the food, drinking, dancing, socializing and making use of the games on the lot. The 'party' started at seven and broke up in the early hours of the morning.

t353xjqawtm1u8u6g.jpg
    88w8qls25xnmydv6g.jpg

Because I wanted to throw an 'Official' Halloween party, the next day I had Benjamin 'Throw A Party At...' just to see which lots were available, which weren't many. I chose an outdoor location and began to quickly plan Halloween Party 2.0! I had Benjamin prepare fresh batches of food while I chose the decorations. This time Sims were invited and did come expecting a party. And, party they did! It was after midnight when things came to an end. Since my Sims had work and attend school in a few hours, I sent them home to rest. Benjamin's party was rated as Epic by the game so both he and I were pleased.

9ta6smnln1cycsj6g.jpg
    ip1iud3nco2j15k6g.jpg
    p893n3px85jlil16g.jpg
    bz1t1vcbo6s0oam6g.jpg
    v1mndw1zjzb057r6g.jpg

Halloween 2019 was a success! Now to begin planning for Thanksgiving! ;)
  • cocococo Posts: 2,726 Member
    edited October 2019
    @Cororon I always love every single one of your images. Hedda's little witch hat is adorable! :smiley:
    @mw1525 I love the creativity of the outfits. Glad that you got that epic party in the end :smile:

I guess I like the idea of Halloween but we don't celebrate it here so if it comes up in my game I'll let my kids or teens go trick or treating but that's it. I should throw a spooky party or something so I don't sound so boring :lol:
    @coco - Thank You. And, you don't sound boring :D!
    mw1525 wrote: »
    @Cororon - Your Great-GrandSims are truly adorable! And, No, A torture rack is not a good idea :D!

Thanks! :smiley:

Fun party there! Did any uninvited sims show up, and did some invited sims turn up late? Do you use the Relativity mod? I use it to slow down the game clock to about 50% so there's more time for fun! That last pic, is her dress on fire? :open_mouth:
    coco wrote: »
    @Cororon I always love every single one of your images. Hedda's little witch hat is adorable! :smiley:

I guess I like the idea of Halloween but we don't celebrate it here so if it comes up in my game I'll let my kids or teens go trick or treating but that's it. I should throw a spooky party or something so I don't sound so boring :lol:

Thanks! :smiley: Where in the world are you, when you don't celebrate Halloween? :open_mouth: I don't celebrate Halloween irl, but some families do, so when kids ring on the door I sure.......sit quiet and pretend I'm not home. :joy:

One last pic (I think). Sim-me and Spencer posing for the camera. I still have to decorate our new home in Salmon Woods, so I took this pic in a "museum". :wink:

UlfzMr6.jpg

cUrfGkA.gif
    @Cororon Love the skeleton suspenders. I’m in Australia. I honestly can’t remember the last time a trick or treater knocked on my door. I still buy chocolates every year though just in case (knowing full well I’ll just eat them all myself) :tongue:. I seriously doubt many people will be out tonight since it’s so stinkin’ hot right now. Aussie summer problems :grimace:
    edited October 2019
    coco wrote: »
    @Cororon Love the skeleton suspenders. I’m in Australia. I honestly can’t remember the last time a trick or treater knocked on my door. I still buy chocolates every year though just in case (knowing full well I’ll just eat them all myself) :tongue:. I seriously doubt many people will be out tonight since it’s so stinkin’ hot right now. Aussie summer problems :grimace:

:smile: Oh yeah, Australia. Sorry for forgetting that. My memory is like swiss cheese sometimes. Maybe that's why I prefer cheese spread and cheese doodles instead. But there are lots of tiny holes in cheese doodles, since they are puffed corn stuff. I digress... Where was I? Oh yeah, yeah, I can understand why people aren't in the autumn/winter Halloween mood this time of year in Australia. The seasons are upside down. :tongue: And here in Sweden the kids wear winter jackets and boots, and maybe a simple costume in top of that.

Mmmm, chocolates... Do you buy better chocolates for Halloween? I buy some "normal chocolate" every week, and I usually get a box or two of good ones at Christmas. :smile:
    cUrfGkA.gif
  • jillbgjillbg Posts: 4,600 Member
    Look who's back...

2019-halloween04.jpg?w=660&zoom=2
    2019-halloween01.jpg?w=660&zoom=2
    NymlADp.jpg
    edited October 2019
    HAPPY HALLOWEEN, Everyone! And, a Safe Spook'em Night :D!

edit 'cause I forgot. And since when is Sp (+) ook 'em a terrible word? Stew_pid censor :(

@Cororon - Yep, uninvited Sims did show up to the bar. No, I don't use the relativity mod, I like the world ticking along at the normal speed (one Sim minute per RL second). And, I hadn't even noticed Coral's position in the last picture until you pointed it out :D! No, her dress isn't on fire, that's just the positioning of the tiki-torch :). I think I put too many of those torches on the lot because some of the Sims seemed to 'glow' in some of my pictures because of the intensity of the lights.

@jillbg - They made it! Well, Welcome Back!!
    Cororon wrote: »
    :smile: Oh yeah, Australia. Sorry for forgetting that. My memory is like swiss cheese sometimes. Maybe that's why I prefer cheese spread and cheese doodles instead. But there are lots of tiny holes in cheese doodles, since they are puffed corn stuff. I digress... Where was I? Oh yeah, yeah, I can understand why people aren't in the autumn/winter Halloween mood this time of year in Australia. The seasons are upside down. :tongue: And here in Sweden the kids wear winter jackets and boots, and maybe a simple costume in top of that.

Mmmm, chocolates... Do you buy better chocolates for Halloween? I buy some "normal chocolate" every week, and I usually get a box or two of good ones at Christmas. :smile:

Mmm cheese :yum: I have no idea what cheese doodles are though lol. I'm glad to say that no one knocked on the door last night so I went out and bought some ice cream. I usually get nicer chocolate just for Halloween. This year it was just a big variety pack of Mars, Snickers, Twix, Milky Way, Maltesers etc from Costco. Still good though :smile:

@jillbg They are so grown up! I love how you styled the second picture with all the spooky decorations :smile:

giphy.gif
    @jillbg Yay! You made new Halloween pics! :smiley: Very festive. Where did you find that zombie head?

@mw1525 *phew* I thought she looked calm for being on fire. :tongue:

@coco Maybe you call them cheese puffs? https://cdn2.cdnme.se/cdn/8-2/563039/images/2012/cheese_192483122.jpg Ohh, ice cream! It's a bit too cold heree for ice cream, but I will buy chocolates tomorrow. Btw, the three horses in my game are called Mars, Twix and Snickers. ^^;

Alright, another scary pic. BOOOOOO!

4f7UmKA.jpg
    cUrfGkA.gif
    edited November 2019
    @coco Grown ups they are... I still have a few teen chapters left to write, though! :)

@Cororon What on earth are gloves and mittens for? To hold ice-cream in winter, of course! Jeez... ;) I'm looking for the zombie head and will give you a link or at least a name as soon as I find it!

Just love your Halloween poses/pics, the last one could be perfect for Easter, too! :)

Ostbågar? Yummy. I called them "kurvor" when I was a kid! I've seen them in ball shape, too, but I'm not a fan - I prefer the traditional shape. Ridiculous, isn't it?
    NymlADp.jpg
    @jillbg Yeah, it would fit on Easter too, and it could also be a workout instruction pic. Remember Jane Fonda and Susanne Lanefelt? :lol:

Btw, I have Ostbågar now. And I agree! I too rather have curves than balls. Oh, no hurry with finding the zombie head. I have done all the Halloween pics for this year, and I felt like a zombie when I went shopping this morning. :lol: Didn't sleep much.
    cUrfGkA.gif
  • KelvinKelvin Posts: 6,899 Member
    Spookyday was just another good excuse for them to get irresponsibly juiced! :tongue:

Screenshot-2.jpg
    chicken-run-ginger-i-just-decided-i-dont-care-idc-gif-20619284.gif
    ._.
    @Cororon Oh, my, the happy 80s and 90s! Here are the two French fitness gurus around that time... :joy:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sc6hKW15N8c
    NymlADp.jpg
    @mw1525 Right on time! :)
    NymlADp.jpg
    @jillbg Oh dear, even the french were doing it! Working out their frog legs there at 0:47 :tongue:

Oh, look what I found! :lol:https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fewFRdO4Zf4
    cUrfGkA.gif
    @Cororon You made my day! :joy::joy::joy::joy::joy::joy:
    NymlADp.jpg