Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Question on how to load a custom lot

Well here is deal I want install a mod called TS4 Witch House form here. http://frauengel.blogspot.com/2016/02/ts4-witch-house.html

it is RAR so know I need to open archive and in file in the archive file. it goes to to file called Witch House by Frau Engel when click on it show two folders called mods and tray and jpg file. So i know the mods folder goes in documents/EA/sims4/mods/packages and other folder tray goes into documents/EA/sims4/tray. Is that right? since I'm not seeing show in my library folder even when i have box checked for include custom content. I want make sure I'm installing it right

Comments

• Bananas_45Bananas_45 Posts: 6,773 Member
    The files that go into the game's tray folder cannot be inside another folder, so cut and paste them directly into the Tray folder. The jpg file is a picture of the house, to be safe I would put that with the CC if you want to keep it. I am not sure if it will mess with the Tray folder.
  • wesleysnipezwesleysnipez Posts: 97 Member
    Well all the tray items are in the base tray folder and are not in a sub folder. Since 9 items in that tray folder where moved right into games tray folder since I had custom house with custom items before in game before.
    It sounds like you have it installed correctly then. When you have the game open to My Library do you have view content by others marked?
    I have box checked for custom content. Just wwierd
    View others is a different option than view custom content.
    No dice must installed it wrong so no biggy