Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Can children ride a bike if you buy "Discover University"?

I have not found any information regarding kids and bikes so I'm just wondering if I missed something.

There are a few ways to get your sim to move around the map quickly.

- You can become a vampire and unlock a skill that let's you move superfast. But kids cannot become a vampire
- You can become a spellcaster and take the broom. But kids cannot become a spellcaster
- You can lvl up the wellness-skill and teleport. But kids cannot use the wellness-skill

If you buy "Discover University" then teens and up will be able to ride a bike but how about kids? One day we might get cars in the game but I somehow doubt that children will be driving cars anytime soon so I would really like to know if kids will be able a for them a pretty darn useful way of getting around the map quickly.

I would in fact be really sad if they cannot ride a bike because it felt like a big thing for me when I was little, being able to get around quickly and get moving somewhere by myself.

Did I miss something? Is there any news on this. Keeping my fingers crossed.

Comments

• catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,395 Member
    You should put this in the question thread for the Livestream. SimGuruFrost popped in.
  • SilentKittySilentKitty Posts: 4,665 Member
    edited October 2019
    You should put this in the question thread for the Livestream. SimGuruFrost popped in.

Will do :)

Edit: where is that thread? I haven’t been able to find it.
  • DoloresGreyDoloresGrey Posts: 3,490 Member
    I doubt it. Bicycles come with the EP which is not about kids at all. The bikes seemed to be too tall for kids to actually reach.

It'd be wonderfull if they could though.
    -probably just playing Phasmophobia :p
  • happyopihappyopi Posts: 1,355 Member
    That would require a different set of animations and we all know about the devs feel about new animations, so I'm not very hopeful.
  • babajaynebabajayne Posts: 1,866 Member
    If they really wanted to impress us, they’d make it so children can be taught how to ride a bike from someone older (like pretty much anyone who ever learned to ride a bike) and once children learn, they can ride one.

But LOL. I’m dreaming.

I just have everyone use their cell phone to travel, I don’t use the “go home” option because they spend an hour and a half walking aimlessly to a loading screen.
  • CamkatCamkat Posts: 2,329 Member
    I'm going to put all my eggs into the "not a chance" basket on this one but I'd love for them to prove me wrong.
    Origin ID: Peapod79
  • DannydanboDannydanbo Posts: 18,057 Member
    My guess would be NO. Just because a Uni pack is about YAs in college, I don't see them adding game play for kids. I strongly doubt that bikes can be ridden (not rode) in other worlds. I know, I know, there was a tweet that said bikes can be ridden off campus. All that means for sure is that bikes can be ridden anywhere in Britechester, as in other parts that are not the campus, like the town neighborhood. That in no way guarantees us the ability to ride a bike in any other world. Again, as with cars, it's a routing issue and other worlds do not have routes for bikes and I have no doubt that they did not add them. But, they might in the future, probably when they add ocean swimming in all the other worlds too. (sarcasm alert)
    I hope that kids can ride bikes because... kids ride bikes.

Yeah, “Discover University” is really an teenagers and up-pack but I can not really see the reasoning for putting bikes in an “adults-only”-Pack if that means kiddos will have to go without.

Still keeping fingers crossed!
  • icmnfrshicmnfrsh Posts: 18,789 Member
    Children get excluded in the most random things. I had a download a mod so that they could walk the dog in C&D, and it was because they didn't bother making a proper animation for children putting the leash on. :grimace: It would be nice if they did put in the effort to have children's bikes though
    Don't manhandle the urchin. He's not for sale. FIND YOUR OWN! - Xenon the Antiquarian, Dragon Age II

Race Against the Clock: Can your elder sim turn back the clock before their time runs out?
  • catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,395 Member

https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/968055/questions-about-discover-university/p1

https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/968055/questions-about-discover-university/p1

Thank you so much! RL is a bit hectic at the moment so I am not as up to date as I usually am on info about coming packs.
  • Writin_RegWritin_Reg Posts: 28,907 Member
    edited October 2019
    Those bikes are way to big for kid age. So i would say no seeing those were the only bikes they showed.

I also did not spot any kids in the University towns so my guess none will be in those towns or I would think we might have spied one or two somewhere.

But in both aspects who knows - perhaps both ideas is a yes and the devs chose not to show us - to keep it a secret. Hopefully you find out on the 8th.

"Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.

In dreams - I LIVE!
    In REALITY, I simply exist.....

• IrdiwenIrdiwen Posts: 574 Member
    We don’t know yet.
    Simmer since 2000! Sims 1, Sims, 2, Sims 3, Sims 4. Legacy player at heart.
  • happyopihappyopi Posts: 1,355 Member
    I hope that kids can ride bikes because... kids ride bikes.
    Kids also walk dogs, and yet guess what wasn't even considered for C&D.
  • sam123sam123 Posts: 4,539 Member
    Dannydanbo wrote: »
    My guess would be NO. Just because a Uni pack is about YAs in college, I don't see them adding game play for kids. I strongly doubt that bikes can be ridden (not rode) in other worlds. I know, I know, there was a tweet that said bikes can be ridden off campus. All that means for sure is that bikes can be ridden anywhere in Britechester, as in other parts that are not the campus, like the town neighborhood. That in no way guarantees us the ability to ride a bike in any other world. Again, as with cars, it's a routing issue and other worlds do not have routes for bikes and I have no doubt that they did not add them. But, they might in the future, probably when they add ocean swimming in all the other worlds too. (sarcasm alert)

Yeah they never said in any world. Just off campus..
  • scoedscoed Posts: 91 Member
    We don't know for sure but doubtful. Anyway bike riding looks on par with jogging, not faster transportation like brooms. Boring if you ask me.
  • DannydanboDannydanbo Posts: 18,057 Member
    Maybe if we get that Generation EP that so many want, they will add kids bikes that are sized for their body. I can't see kids riding those big bikes. The animations would just not work. If they add kids bikes in a Generations EP, maybe they can add training wheels that can be added or taken off and programing for a parent to "teach" their child how to ride by running a bit of the way holding the bike. Let's face it, driving cars will never be a thing in this version so you can't teach your teen to drive, but, with kids bikes, you could teach them to ride without training wheels.

While I'm on the subject, I'd like skate boarding for kids and teens. It's new and different and something that they haven't done before. And I'd like a skate park object that could be added to lots like the public park. Like a concrete pool with ramps and rails to learn tricks on. Similar to that half pipe we had in S3 for snow boarding.
    edited November 2019
    Well sims 3 actually has hoover boards which work like skate boards in "Into the Future". I really enjoyed having those. We've also had snowboards in a couple of the past games as well.

Inline skating would also be fun for a future pack that kids could do on sidewalks.

"Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.

In dreams - I LIVE!

Writin_Reg wrote: »
    Well sims 3 actually has hoover boards which work like skate boards in "Into the Future". I really enjoyed having those. We've also had snowboards in a couple of the past games as well.

Inline skating would also be fun for a future pack that kids could do on sidewalks.

Inlines would be fun but that doesn't quite work on grass. Honestly, I just would like to see something new cool that kids could do. I've done the "draw 2 pictures while inspired" on the activity board quite a few times with my digital kids and I haven't even had a chance to do half of the things that are available for teens and up.

Ride a bike, water a plant... something.
  • GoldmoldarGoldmoldar Posts: 11,966 Member
    Guess we will have to wait and see if bicycling will be in other neighborhoods to determine if it will be possible.
    Omen by HP Intel®️ Core™️ i9- 12900K W/ RGB Liquid Cooler 32GB Nvidia RTX 3080 10Gb ASUS Ultra-Wide 34" Curved Monitor. Omen By HP Intel® Core™ i7-12800HX 32 GB Nvidia 3070 Ti 8 GB 17.3 Screen
  • GoldmoldarGoldmoldar Posts: 11,966 Member
    sam123 wrote: »
    Dannydanbo wrote: »

Yeah they never said in any world. Just off campus..

I agree with you on this but guess we will have to wait and see if EA/Maxis can pull an rabbit out of the hat trick, but not holding my breath.
    Omen by HP Intel®️ Core™️ i9- 12900K W/ RGB Liquid Cooler 32GB Nvidia RTX 3080 10Gb ASUS Ultra-Wide 34" Curved Monitor. Omen By HP Intel® Core™ i7-12800HX 32 GB Nvidia 3070 Ti 8 GB 17.3 Screen
  • LoveMcQueen5683LoveMcQueen5683 Posts: 3,689 Member
    I know they're holding out information for the stream but because its children riding bikes, I feel like it has nothing to do with the university pack at all.

So the fact that they're not answering this specific question when they've answered a select few already probably means that the answer is no.

Which is kinda annoying.
    LR3g0ni.jpg
  • Jordan061102Jordan061102 Posts: 3,918 Member
    edited November 2019
    I wouldn't except it. If kids could ride bikes they would have told us since it's one of the only feature they're proud about, a University pack but one of the main feature is a bike.
    Lu4ERme.gif
  • Vivi_WillowTreeVivi_WillowTree Posts: 452 Member
    Does anyone know if a mod has been created for this? It's not going to be in game.
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Sims_2:_University

https://sims.fandom.com/wiki/The_Sims_3:_University_Life

Here are the previous two University packs - as you can see anything in the packs was made for University students and not for the people at home. So I suspect Sims 4 University will be the same way. So I really would not expect things for kids at home.

In dreams - I LIVE!