Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Discover University - Items and Deductions from Initial and Game play Trailers!

Comments

• JemmaTheSimmerJemmaTheSimmer Posts: 387 Member
    jooxis wrote: »
    MsTiquelle wrote: »
    That tweet worries me. By a few, I'm guessing that means between 3-6 buildable lots.

Funny that I understood "a few" as 2-3 :D will see, I guess...

Ah don't say that, I already feel like there won't be enough lots :(. Even at 6 that is not enough for me! I think calling 2 as a 'few' is pushing it - a few should mean at least 3, unless they are intentionally trying to make it sound better than it is. Maybe they meant only a few empty lots, if I want to be optimistic. I figure there has to be at least a bar and a library though. Ahh, I really hope this world is a decent size. I love to build and if I can't renovate this world to what I like I'm going to be super disappointed.
  • DannydanboDannydanbo Posts: 18,057 Member
    My guess would be that ALL the buildings in the campus neighborhoods of UofB and FI are shells. This means, like with apartments in CL, the building itself is uneditable. It also means that they may teleport in and out of those buildings (no walking through doors). The rooms inside, be they classrooms, labs, restrooms, common rooms, dorm rooms or any other that I can't think of now, will be editable with the exception of the exterior walls. They don't want us messing with the "look" of the over-all campus. This also saves them the effort of creating all the BUILD items to match those two different styles of buildings.

There may be a few lots to build on in the third neighborhood/town where places like the bar will be located. I hope there will be Greek houses but I haven't heard nor seen anything at all about them. So, I hope there is at least one or two lots that I can build on as building is my biggest reason for having bought the very first base game almost twenty years ago. I hope they haven't ripped that last Sims joy from my gaming experience.
  • secretlondon123secretlondon123 Posts: 181 Member
    belpita wrote: »
    ETA: Thinking about Villainy specifically, will a good grade in that give you an advantage in the Criminal career? And how will they implement that possibility?

It's a bit of a giveaway really. The police get a list of everyone who gets a degree in villainy? You get arrested for having a 1st class degree in evil?

ETA: Thinking about Villainy specifically, will a good grade in that give you an advantage in the Criminal career? And how will they implement that possibility?

It's a bit of a giveaway really. The police get a list of everyone who gets a degree in villainy? You get arrested for having a 1st class degree in evil?

....or you can become a cop with extensive knowledge of how criminals think. Probably won't happen tho'.
  • EmmieBEmmieB Posts: 10 New Member
    > @Dannydanbo said:
    > Am I the only person hoping that, upon seeing that the ping pong table "looks" as if it could fold up (note the wheels), that it is a possible new death? DEATH BY FOLDING PING PONG TABLE! aaahhhhhhhh!!!!!!
    >
    > I know, I know, I have issues.

Hi, real-life college student here. I just wanted to say that personal experience as show that you actually DON'T die from ping pong tables folding on you, you just end up with a bruised pride, and some uh, bruised body parts.
  • EmmieBEmmieB Posts: 10 New Member
    "> @aprilrose said:
    > Speaking of part time jobs Id love to see split bank accounts. I want to take sims from different households and make them roomies and I'd love it if they had split funds, especially if there are Uni fees."

I would LOVE to see split bank accounts. For normal households too.
  • catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,362 Member
    I want to find out more on the peircings. I've asked 3 gurus if were getting lip and navel piercings and haven't got a response. Its weird that lip piercings wernt shown when eye,eyebrow and nose piercings were.
  • catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,362 Member
    Here is one item that isnt in the pack the murphy bed.

• Rae357Rae357 Posts: 922 Member
    Dannydanbo wrote: »
    My guess would be that ALL the buildings in the campus neighborhoods of UofB and FI are shells. This means, like with apartments in CL, the building itself is uneditable. It also means that they may teleport in and out of those buildings (no walking through doors). The rooms inside, be they classrooms, labs, restrooms, common rooms, dorm rooms or any other that I can't think of now, will be editable with the exception of the exterior walls. They don't want us messing with the "look" of the over-all campus. This also saves them the effort of creating all the BUILD items to match those two different styles of buildings.

There may be a few lots to build on in the third neighborhood/town where places like the bar will be located. I hope there will be Greek houses but I haven't heard nor seen anything at all about them. So, I hope there is at least one or two lots that I can build on as building is my biggest reason for having bought the very first base game almost twenty years ago. I hope they haven't ripped that last Sims joy from my gaming experience.

I would hope if they go with the CL style of uneditable apartments they'll at least make dorms like the penthouses which we can edit. I wouldn't mind not being able to edit classrooms etc., but I really want to build my own dorm and also not need a loading screen to visit my dormmates or whatever common areas are in the dorm.
  • SimsStarfishSimsStarfish Posts: 147 Member
    I wonder how dorms will work if you play multiple sims?
    With City Living, all your sims stay in one apartment and you cannot see what is going on inside the other apartments, just the walls?
    But if you have multiple sims staying in dorms, will you only see what is going on in those 2-3 dorms?
    Would all the dorms be next to each other? or would they be around the dorm shell in-between the walls of the other dorms?
    What if you have 3 sims in dorms, each in their own rooms, and you are playing one of the sims which in the dorm but the other are at class, can you still see inside all 3 dorms?
    When you enter build mode you must be able to edit all 3 dorms?

....or you can become a cop with extensive knowledge of how criminals think. Probably won't happen tho'.

I also thought Villainy would be something that the detective and secret agent would study as well, like a major for both the criminals and all the careers based around criminal investigation agencies?
    I can see how a dorm shell building could work. As in City Living, the exterior of the building would be a shell that you can not edit. The exterior walls also, can not be edited. But any walls within the exterior walls could be edited. There could be two or even three floors as there are in CL. I don't see the doors like we would choose when our sims claim a room, but, we already have the "Claim A Bed" option so it is possible to have a room of your own or a room with a roommate.

I don't see simple, buildable dorm lots like we had before. I see dorms in a shell, part of a collection of shell buildings around the Quad, that house the Student Union, labs, lecture halls and any other rooms that our sims need.

I do hope that there are buildable lots in the third neighborhood where I can build a few lots for my stories. We'll see on the 8th.
    I can see how a dorm shell building could work. As in City Living, the exterior of the building would be a shell that you can not edit. The exterior walls also, can not be edited. But any walls within the exterior walls could be edited. There could be two or even three floors as there are in CL. I don't see the doors like we would choose when our sims claim a room, but, we already have the "Claim A Bed" option so it is possible to have a room of your own or a room with a roommate.

I don't see simple, buildable dorm lots like we had before. I see dorms in a shell, part of a collection of shell buildings around the Quad, that house the Student Union, labs, lecture halls and any other rooms that our sims need.

I do hope that there are buildable lots in the third neighborhood where I can build a few lots for my stories. We'll see on the 8th.

Yeah I dont think we will be able to build our own dorms unfortunately, but you're right we will see on the 8th, luckily its only a week away! Although it feels like forever!

Yeah I dont think we will be able to build our own dorms unfortunately, but you're right we will see on the 8th, luckily its only a week away! Although it feels like forever!

I'm not sure we'll know then. We may need to wait for the actual pack to drop. They tend to gloss over the features that we want to see and ignore the features that they didn't add in for whatever reason. In other words, they will probably show us the great points of dorms in shells but won't bother to acknowledge the lack of Greek Houses.

I'm not sure we'll know then. We may need to wait for the actual pack to drop. They tend to gloss over the features that we want to see and ignore the features that they didn't add in for whatever reason. In other words, they will probably show us the great points of dorms in shells but won't bother to acknowledge the lack of Greek Houses.

Yeah especially seen as the "deep dive" is only 2 hours.... usually we get about 3 hours of live streaming with information, like 1 hour CAS and game play , build/buy and the world and then the new game play system like Fame/Reputation in Get Famous.

If its only 2 hours then I am thinking that maybe the world is really small although Get Famous had a small world and they had a whole hour to showcase the world and build/buy because there were a lot of new objects. So maybe its a small world and then also less game play like Island Living? Maybe the University school system is really simple.

Or maybe, if I am optimistic, they are just more organised and can get it done in 2 hours and don't want to show too much of pack? Maybe they know the game changers will cover it on their Youtube channels? It is kind of strange, to me, that they announced the pack only to wait 3 weeks to show off all the content in one session, one week before the pack releases... maybe the pack needed polishing?
    I would be fine with placing every object on a lot (or two if there's that much but we know better) and slowly scanning the lot. If I want to see a particular object, I'll rewatch later and pause at that/those objects but I really don't want time wasted on seeing every single color swatch for every single object. Can't we "discover" (see what I did there?) the swatches ourselves during play? And the same goes for CAS. If you must, show each new clothing item or hair style, but do we need to see every color swatch of the clothing too? And, unless they have added a new color, we know what colors the hairs are coming in too.

Get to the good stuff. The map and layout. How many lots to build on and what size each one is so we can pre-build. Show the two campuses and town.

Spend the vast majority of the time on all the collegiate gameplay that this pack will have. All the new gameplay that will be coming in this pack to justify the price. There must be a ton of it or it would be a GP. So, show it off @SimGuruAzure and @SimGuruSteph . Astound us. And don't forget our numerous questions that we compiled in a post just for your convenience. There's no excuse to look like this LS was a last minute surprise task. It was announced weeks ago. Chop! Chop! Time is drawing nigh! Be prepared! Persevere! We await with bated breath.
    Somethings I noticed already
    Scholarships
    Roommates
    Living off Campus
    Transferring Schools
    Secret Societies
    Losing Scholarships
    Taking out Loans!
    Study Groups
    Term Papers
    Exams
    Cafeteria
    Looks like there is also a cafeteria food serving station which has built in food containers and a pay point for students
    There also appears to be a soccer field where sims can mess around solo with the soccer balls and a new dresser/drawer I think, with a gap in it for objects
    There is a news article up on the sims 4 website describing all the degrees and more!
    https://www.ea.com/games/the-sims/the-sims-4/news/discover-university-gameplay
    13 Degrees in total!
    Biology
    Computer Science
    Economics
    Physics
    Psychology
    Villainy
    Art History
    Culinary Arts
    Drama
    Fine Art
    History
    Language and Literature
    Communications
    A new financial aid system featuring grants, scholarships for academics, sports, social need and career scholarships
  • Octavie88Octavie88 Posts: 140 Member
    edited November 2019
    I'm hoping by "villany" they mean criminology. Which would make sense if we're going to have a lawyer career and we have a detective career. But if they did mean criminology why would they not just call it that? They're making it sound like you can go to uni to become a criminal and it makes absolutely no sense. I'm sure they're being cheeky somehow but it's a waste of a degree if it helps criminals.

They could have made a degree about medicine so our doctors have more to study than just biology. Or made a degree called criminal justice/criminology so that it doesn't sound misleading at the very least (if I'm wrong and it really is criminology but just with a different name.)Otherwise:

"Come to BriteU! The finest criminals are made here!"

Atm as far as I'm concerned there's only 12 degrees. Why am I so mad about this? Because I plan to study criminology irl and feel slightly irritated that there's two careers that could use that degree but they possibly ignored that fact and made this degree for funsies.
  • SimmyFroggySimmyFroggy Posts: 1,762 Member
    @Octavie88 I would guess that they didn't want to include degrees that were directly linked to a pack other than DU and also have each of them useful for one of the base game ones. We'll see what the law career track requires but I'm guessing they didn't think criminology would be it.

As for villainy being there for funsies, well, so is the criminal career track. Sims have always had weird things like that.