Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

What happened in your sims 3 game today?

Comments

• PalmArrowPalmArrow Posts: 4,329 Member
    @Silverofdreams30 , Ayana's reaction to Walter made me laugh! :smiley:
    Stuart went to the bookshop to buy some books about nectar making. After that, he couldn't resist taking a closer look at the portrait on the wall behind the merchant's desk.

6T6puNg.jpg

He knew he should keep his opinion to himself, but his avant-garde trait was stronger than his politeness.

a0dW7Sk.jpg

"Ugh! It's terrible!"

ePdGJYx.jpg

The merchant turned around. "Excuse me?"

tHXbRIH.jpg

"Um... nothing!"

in9ZRa7.jpg

(I love his sudden Bambi eyes in the last picture!)
  • jonny522jonny522 Posts: 179 Member
    edited October 2019
    TWGOwdr.jpg
    7xFMm2D.jpg
    7EgXjfL.jpg
    Ryan has started his career as a Criminal lawyer. And his old bedroom has now been converted into his study, congrats Ryan.

P.S I accidentally posted this on the post for new members having issues with their games. Woops.

Secondly, my god removing memories and having memories off reduces load times absurdly, never turn memories on. Not worth it.
    Post edited by jonny522 on
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0 New Member
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • cocococo Posts: 2,722 Member
    edited November 2019
    @bekkasan Do you think Alice wears the pants in the relationship because of her impulsiveness? :lol: Hehe thanks. I'm pretty sure it's a Craven pattern :smiley:
    @jonny522 Welcome back. I hope the new save will improve your loading time. I'm happy to hear that Ryan and Mona got married to their partners. SP just looks complicated at first. You might find that you don't have to change many of the settings at all, unless you want to play rotationally.
    I hope Ryan is successful as a lawyer. He is going to be a very accomplished sim :smile:
    Turning memories off is usually one of the first tips for improving game performance. It really makes a difference.
    @GraceyManor I like how the roles have reversed and now Shifu is the one showing her how to have fun. Crane must have that hat glued to his head lol. I think might be starting to have a teeny tiny crush on Ena. He's so proud of her :smile:
    @Turjan Thanks! :smiley:
    @ZhakiraP Thank you very much :smiley:
    @PalmArrow Thank you :heart: That's a good idea! I just checked and it seems like the website never came back after that initial burst of popularity :disappointed:
    The cashier looks eerily similar to the person in the painting. It's almost like Stewart realised this and is comparing them. He looks so full of remorse in the last pic.
    @Silverofdreams30 Go grab it, it's a great hair. I posted the retexture I have in the dull pictures thread.
    Ayana's reaction is so funny. Maybe it's a warm day, no need for a shirt. I like the pattern on Pamela and Jeffrey's bed cover.
    @emorrill I usually prefer shorter hair too but I was testing some new hairs and this one just really seemed to suit him. Y'know I picked out that sweater with you in mind because I know you like a bit of chest hair showing :tongue: Ooh I'm curious to know who he looks like!
    Is carving pumpkins difficult? Brr sounds like a cold night for you. And here I was sleeping with no covers on and my fan going :lol:
    It will be quite hard to find the right pose with the right accessory. Have a look at this list if you haven't already. Also here and here.Do you want them sitting or standing?
    @meerkattime Aw so unlucky! Do you have Saver installed? It's a mod that brings up a screen asking you to save every hour or however you want it. It's probably saved my bacon a few times.
    I love how your sims are both looking at the kids. Like they're saying "what did you do?!?!" :lol:
  • ChuChuExpressChuChuExpress Posts: 3,228 Member
    Just posted an update to my blog, which has 534 screenshots (I don't use them all, I just find the best ones for that moment in time). I'm also moving the screenshots to my external hard drive, as the count reached 10177 items. Time to start a new sims 3 blog stories folder!
    e6581e69b0d7d8f9e02cb1e30b50f464959bfb2a.png
    Sims 4 Family: Benjamin, Shine, Princess Roddy, Sophia and Hamish Furystrykar and Shelly Heart. Princess Roddy is my avatar, and he's a boy!
    Let those smiles spread!
    My first set of images since a while.

y68g5J0.jpg
    p5LU02h.jpg
    Lindsey went to get a makeover with Alex.
    J128CCB.jpg
    It didn't work out.
    BSTba48.jpg
    Ryan is going to the Magistrates hearing for his first proper court case. Ryan is acting as defence for a 43 year old taxi driver being charged with insurance fraud and reckless driving.(The man crashed into a pole, and two witnesses in the car claimed he intentionally steered the car into the pole). The magistrate decides that a case should go forward, and the driver pleads not guilty.
    ajXuGaU.jpg
    m7AiWPc.jpg
    Ryan does some prep work, and now the first day of trial. Good luck!
    1foft6M.jpg
    A painting by Lauri (Ryan's wife), "An Italian Villa"
    7VlVutg.jpg
    Good news. A new Baxter is on the way, Mona's pregnant! Ryan is just checking up on her.
    jJw7Qwr.jpg
    After 5 days of trial, the jury deliberates for 30 minutes and finds the man not guilty on all accounts. Congrats Ryan(see Spoiler for details).
    Ryan was able to effectively argue two accounts. The first being that both the Taxi Driver and one other passenger on the front seat saw a flash of light, indicating that something was on the road(it was most likely a plastic bag, explaining why it wasn't found on scene).

He was also able to argue the second account that the two back passengers wouldn't reasonably have seen the bag, as it was dark, they were tired, and they were both talking between each other. Further he was able to argue that the Taxi drive while being tired, was not too tired to drive a motor vehicle. The jury stated that he was not guilty and that he was in no way liable for the accident.

@coco Yeah disabling the memories has helped a ton. Before I was regularly waiting 50 minutes for a game to load. Now it's normal for me to just get a glass of water and the game being loaded upon my return.
  • Silverofdreams30Silverofdreams30 Posts: 7,200 Member

@PalmArrow

Stuart is an interesting sim.

@meerkattime

Hehe, thank you.
    wow dramatic photo.

@coco

Thank you

Todays update

[img][/img]kNylJry.jpg

Always the same guy every day lol.

[img][/img]qdPR34f.jpg

[img][/img]L4HpaQJ.jpg

[img][/img]5twR7PL.jpg

I kinda ship these two Ayana and Walter,
    they are so cute haha.

[img][/img]PWEKlbf.jpg

Nicole wants to sing karaoke.

[img][/img]0wXgyIk.jpg

Skip has no time to date, always busy on his computer.

[img][/img]VziWatv.jpg

[img][/img]YQrPqWX.jpg

Pamela's grades are good.

[img][/img]hmy1B3M.jpg

I noticed Ayana and Liz sang karaoke

[img][/img]ybJW7v0.jpg

TV time.

All for now.

• emorrillemorrill Posts: 8,110 Member
    @DeafSimmer Uh oh...trouble in pony paradise? :(;)
    "If you allow Tirek to steal magic from the supernaturals one more time... I may not trust you again."
    ^I get the reference! :mrgreen:
    That showdown with Tirek...talk about one of the most epic battles in MLP history! :star: No...one of the most epic in all of CARTOON history!
    *If anyone is curious, see video clip in Spoiler* Wait...did Discord really have a fling with Queen Chrysalis? (In your story, not the show? :p I already know the answer if we're referring to the show ;) Of course I haven't seen Season 9 yet so...). Poor Luna. :pensive: I hope not...
    Yeah bring on the Royal Canterlot Voice!
    img-731299-1-mlfw1511_132355278014.gif
    If you've watched MLP, you know who that bug queen is...
    ^Yes indeedy! :mrgreen:

@Silverofdreams30 Ayana's choking face! :lol: Nice capture on that one!
    Skip Taylor. :love:
    Wait, I thought only teens could prank stuff? :confused: Unless adult sims can when they have the childish trait??
    Cid licking the ice cream cone. :smirk:

@PalmArrow Oh my gosh your post there was the highlight of my morning! :lol: That was hilarious!!!
    Poor Stuart...

@jonny552 Congrats to Ryan! I love how you set up the picture there with his graduation robes on and the 'law books' in the background. ;)
    I didn't realize turning off memories reduced lag/load times. Sweet! I just got sick of them after a while (those smiley faces popping up over their heads when I'm trying to take pictures) so I just turned them off.

@meerkattime I guess having all the candy to yourself isn't a bad thing? :smirk: Well, it kinda is, but we all gotta live a little right? ;)
    My mom told me that in Montreal Canada they had to postpone Halloween until tonight because of the horrible blizzard-like weather last night... :flushed: That's how our weather was back on Tuesday! It was awful! And that's when the record lows were recorded.
    Hee hee, sorry. It's a good song to get stuck in your head right? ;) I like the Living Tombstone's remix of it, I'll admit it. :p TSR has the BEST seasonal items! :star:
    Perhaps my sims just decided that this was enough spooky experiences for today ;).
    ^Poor kiddos. :(
    So hey, PM me on how things are going okay? <3

@coco Aww, you put that shirt on Logan simply for my enjoyment? :blush: You are wonderful! I very much indeed enjoyed it! :mrgreen:
    Pumpkin Carving used to be pain in the butt in past years, but they've created so many various tools for it now that it makes carving MUCH easier and less messy! (I always wear latex gloves when carving or my fingers will be orange for a couple of days! :grimace: ) I'll have to show you the pics I shared of carving our huge pumpkin with @bekkasan in a PM - if I remember. :p
    Ooooh! Thanks for the links! :kissing_heart: I did look all over Lana CC finds, but maybe there's something in those tags I missed. I appreciate it. <3
    I want them to be sitting. :)

@Steamvarius *Waves* DANG! That's quite the bucket load of pictures! :open_mouth: I swear I have about that many in my Quantum Leap fanfiction story combined!
    52607642900_bbbac3a314_c.jpg
    DeafSimmer wrote: »
    @emorrill Chrysalis is luring Discord into a trap. Yes, I saw the finale. That GIF made me chuckle. You'll see more today.

^Oh, well that makes sense. ;)

Yeah I don't have cable TV so I have to wait until Season 9 hits Netflix for me to watch it. :p

Glad you liked the GIF. :lol: It made me laugh too!
  • GraceyManorGraceyManor Posts: 20,079 Member
    I haven't played in a few days...my game is laggy as heck for some reason and I can't stand all the stuttering.
    I haven't played in a few days...my game is laggy as heck for some reason and I can't stand all the stuttering.

Sorry to hear. :(
    That's when I realize it's time to check my mods and see which are causing problems and then purge them. 🙌

@coco I totally found a couple of coffee cups for my needs in those links you shared. Thank you thank you! <3 Now to see if they work/show up in game. ;)
    I also hope the mug is CAStable...
    edited November 2019
    @emorrill

I think sims with certain traits is able to prank the other
    sims in the dorm. I never saw who did that prank.
    Only mods I have right now are Nraas mods
    edited November 2019
    Only mods I have right now are Nraas mods

Story Progression can cause that, another issue that can cause that is a sim frequently getting stuck. Do you have SP and has it been downloaded recently? Or do you have Errorwatch and does it frequently return "Sim Unroutable"?

Post edited by jonny522 on
    I've added a small park with a carousel to Champs Les Sims, because the carousel just fits in perfectly there! The little greenhouse is a cafe.

VX5oiV9.jpg

E97fgc9.jpg
    qdLvaJG.jpg
    b6FxIzD.jpg
    Ryan meets with his boss discussing the possibility of him working with a team of lawyers for a case that is going to the court of appeals. He accepts as it will be a learning opportunity. (Side Note: His boss is a QC, which indicates a very skilled and experienced lawyer).
    CqREO8C.jpg
    lshlIh3.jpg
    Hello Torrey, Mona's son.
    YJQRVM0.jpg
    h0Z6Tkl.jpg
    06km9j9.jpg
    @Coco I saw @emorrill comment about your sim and I went and took a look.
    To me he reminds me of

first_knight.jpg?w=300&h=168
    Young Richard Gere from First Knight.
    73533151_410838166507108_8163087440609804288_o.jpg?_nc_cat=111&_nc_oc=AQlIvg5Ks3fgmP3lFRBFyOt5kM5pJdNEFvfwIoZYggs_AmGrqcYHbATB8NE0uWhQhHLg2YhDsp7qkkTkTagFwxIc&_nc_ht=scontent-mia3-2.xx&oh=7b99553376f4fe482c0753896b16b70a&oe=5E4B34B8
    Everyone took the next day off again, as it was a holiday.But Ena kept on training.
    Shifu: Alright, Ena.You can take a break you know?
    Ena: What?
    She looked down and lost her balance; plummeting to toward the ground.

73285212_410838173173774_3346067501141196800_o.jpg?_nc_cat=109&_nc_oc=AQkrpBy9S9UuO8_O7vYmyzzicmOe_XrFxeEmNeb3HFRCxqPfVpreePpkVImIGx0TuwQF8kI0q2fZ8szZ_dWGGpqs&_nc_ht=scontent-mia3-2.xx&oh=9459edb9fa7d7de304b9a7753db2cccb&oe=5E5D44B0
    Ena: Nice catch...
    Shifu: Are you alright?
    Ena: I'm ok...

73203608_410838156507109_8805317405073997824_o.jpg?_nc_cat=108&_nc_oc=AQlzRzgctMVjS2mGkLNkcpLioMej7mxxAwv5OnWRkTVZoW76au51z0i3ehKIDaig9ck1gdCq5hao-7nCMgbFlDVx&_nc_ht=scontent-mia3-2.xx&oh=a8e210180463b3674c75aa8965738096&oe=5E53F106
    Ena: And now I go back to training..

75220735_410838236507101_8166626605330857984_o.jpg?_nc_cat=100&_nc_oc=AQlVqw4lhR2X8LfpAj7fk9UVHCbIyoTdZTjL9Jge5nFoPV0z-6RQwoUYuBqgLPR2v8B37LBJpEKgVGtPxge7Ajke&_nc_ht=scontent-mia3-2.xx&oh=2133e94b355b451ac71a0a0311d288cd&oe=5E606209
    Crane: I think I'll join you.I could use a stretch.

72960443_410838233173768_3429067718366593024_o.jpg?_nc_cat=101&_nc_oc=AQm1lYWL_gR-4vb-q-nPCYjfmrXEdE5rEP0asNIdzMiUmhxLLnDUpy25zl_BKLxgoEg77I-M-hwIO7lkpOAew6Dc&_nc_ht=scontent-mia3-2.xx&oh=8de8dbc7826d7eef8626a03b17b710a0&oe=5E5CE81F

74593774_410838246507100_6182513999918137344_o.jpg?_nc_cat=102&_nc_oc=AQmZd1q3iJdM8bW-OGNtwDDRJLvdA8VItlAgLwAoqvHrbnDwC_R_i135D1Ihcxw1uTQ-zj_UKM9Z5dzrSW7FWmrL&_nc_ht=scontent-mia3-2.xx&oh=4198fc3305e6da703490523cf337e257&oe=5E4A3B78

• bekkasanbekkasan Posts: 10,171 Member

@jonny522 Its nice to see you again and hope that your other issues are resolving and that your game is behaving better.
    SP is complicated, and yet once you figure it out it is amazing what you can control and change in your game. I only added the main module to start with and figured it out and then started adding the others one at a time. I've started experimenting with castes just in the last 6 months or so. Amazing what can be done.
    Congrats to Ryan in his new career.
    I've not used memories in so long I forget to tell folks to turn them off. :wink:
    bummer that Lyndsay's makeover didn't work out.
    Congrats on Ryan winning his first case.
    Oh...Baby coming. Congrats to Mona.
    Oh...baby is here! :smiley: Congrats on the little boy. Torrey, great name.

@GraceyManor Lol at the expression on his face in the last picture. She sure has changed from fun and frolic to workaholic.
    Bummer about the lag in your game. Hope you can get a handle on it. I've found a few player made worlds that have routing problems that cause lag, or are so full of stuff that it lags.

@Karritz Glad you found most of them. :)

@Turjan Thanks for the comments. I hope I'm not sorry I built such a big lot, sometimes they can be reasons for lag. So far, it is behaving.

@king_of_simcity7 Hope the weather is great and that you are having a fun trip.

@ZhakiraP Intriguing hint!

@PalmArrow Thank you! That is turning into my favorite picture of them.
    Cute pics of Stewart reacting to the painting and the merchant!
    The greenhouse cafe looks so cute! I love the carousel and that is a great place to add it.

@Silverofdreams30 Thanks! I hope it will soon be time for the baby.
    Yes, I don't like sims burning foods either.
    I'm kinda loving your uni save too! All those handsome fella's! :love:
    Love the funny picture of Ayana
    Great uni pics of them having fun.

@emorrill I enjoyed the Skeleton dance!
    I'm sorry, I can't help with this cc search. :(
    Looks like @coco found a few things for you. :smiley:

@meerkattime Thanks so much for the comments. :smiley:
    No Jennifer wants to be in the journalism career and after the baby she will start that. She's writing books in the meantime.
    Thanks! That is my favorite picture of them.
    Oh my! I just hate it when mine crashes with CAS. That is a great picture of them reacting to the fire.

@coco No, Adam definitely is the one wearing the pants. Alice will listen to him when no one else other than Victor could stop her from doing something. She respects him and knows he is looking out for her. lol....doesn't mean she won't try to wheedle or win him around, but, mostly behaves when he is insistent.

@DeafSimmer I'm glad he wants to stay loyal to his wife! I hope they don't follow him and hopefully he will have time to warn them of the plan so they can make preparations!
    @bekkasan
    Seems to be okay now.I used a save cleaner to clean up my save.
  • ChuChuExpressChuChuExpress Posts: 3,228 Member
    Today, Rachel did some Ice sculpting...I wonder what she's sculpting...
    Screenshot-9651.jpg
    Screenshot-9678.jpg
    Drake does some inventing:
    Screenshot-9683.jpg
    Almost time for Iris to wake up:
    Screenshot-9697.jpg
    Drake finished inventing, making a Newton's Cradle desk toy
    Screenshot-9698.jpg
    Drake and Iris have learned to teleport. So, Drake teleports into his and Iris's bedroom:
    Screenshot-9700.jpg
    7:00am, sim time. Iris wakes up:
    Screenshot-9709.jpg
    And makes her bed:
    Screenshot-9710.jpg
    Iris then reapplies her makeup and changes into one of her everyday outfits, putting her hair into two big pigtails. 'Morning sis! Looking beautiful as always!' Drake said, beaming. 'Morning bro! Thank you!' Iris said, curtseying. She then gives Drake a big hug and a big kiss on the cheek, as per the morning ritual:
    Screenshot-9736.jpg
    Drake blushed. Iris had left a pink lip print on his cheek. Iris smiled. The pair then played in fairy form:
    Screenshot-9750.jpg
    Meanwhile, Rachel was almost finished with her ice sculpture:
    Screenshot-9758.jpg
    'Last few slices!' Rachel thought as the sculpture took shape:
    Screenshot-9775.jpg
    Aaand, finished...errr...wait a minute...
    Screenshot-9776.jpg
    Yes, Rachel had carved a toilet (I was going to say T.C, the man who was famous for toilets, but the joke would get flushed). On the plus side, it's a Brilliant Bargain John:
    Screenshot-9777.jpg
    'Ok, this seems very impractical....how do I keep the toilet from melting?' Rachel thought to herself...'Maybe...'
    Screenshot-9780.jpg
    'THIS!'
    Screenshot-9781.jpg
    'Are you serious right now?' Rachel exclaimed in annoyance. Apparently, all that did was clog the frozen toilet!
    Screenshot-9783.jpg
    'Eh, forget that' she said, selling the toilet:
    Screenshot-9790.jpg
    She teleported out and got the mail:
    Screenshot-9794.jpg
    Then Rachel teleported back into the skill room, and tended to her plants:
    Screenshot-9799.jpg
    Screenshot-9805.jpg
    Screenshot-9808.jpg
    e6581e69b0d7d8f9e02cb1e30b50f464959bfb2a.png
    Sims 4 Family: Benjamin, Shine, Princess Roddy, Sophia and Hamish Furystrykar and Shelly Heart. Princess Roddy is my avatar, and he's a boy!
    Let those smiles spread!

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top