Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

I think we are in the final years of sims 4.

Comments

• comicsforlifecomicsforlife Posts: 9,585 Member
    Dannydanbo wrote: »
    Final year.

don't think so @Dannydanbo

They said a couple of years age that they still had a couple of years worth of ideas. What else is there to add that can't be added next year?

a lot and also they didn't say a couple of years they said there's years left that could be any number @Dannydanbo
    more for sim kids and more drama please
  • DannydanboDannydanbo Posts: 18,057 Member
    Final year.

They said a couple of years age that they still had a couple of years worth of ideas. What else is there to add that can't be added next year?

a lot and also they didn't say a couple of years they said there's years left that could be any number @Dannydanbo

You have your opinion and I have mine. But my track record at predicting their behavior points in my direction.
  • comicsforlifecomicsforlife Posts: 9,585 Member
    Final year.

You have your opinion and I have mine. But my track record at predicting their behavior points in my direction.

I'm not saying your wrong about there being a year left for the game as I said above I don't how long the sims has left
    but if they there was only a couple of years to go there would have been a count down thread made by the people who don't like it
    @Dannydanbo
    more for sim kids and more drama please
  • SimmyFroggySimmyFroggy Posts: 1,762 Member
    Final year.

They said this year that they plan 3 years ahead for the development schedule and have 5 years' worth of ideas to add to the game.

Final year is a nice wish but I highly doubt it is, short of something super critical happening to make it so.
    Final year.

They said this year that they plan 3 years ahead for the development schedule and have 5 years' worth of ideas to add to the game.

Final year is a nice wish but I highly doubt it is, short of something super critical happening to make it so.

They probably said that they have 5 years of ideas that MIGHT be added, not WILL be added. There's a difference.
    Final year.

They probably said that they have 5 years of ideas that MIGHT be added, not WILL be added. There's a difference.

Which means that there are things that CAN be added beyond next year. I didn't say they will.
    Final year.

Which means that there are things that CAN be added beyond next year. I didn't say they will.

If you're going to go into the fantasy world of What They Could Do, then anything is in the realm of possibility. I choose to live in the realm of probability. At best, at best, I see two years max.
  • Paigeisin5Paigeisin5 Posts: 2,139 Member
    We won't get much warning, I know that for a fact. Because that is EA's way...staying silent. When Sims4 is close to ending EA will open up and allow the gurus to start posting their twitter hints and teasers. Probably just before a big announcement of some kind at Gamescon or any of the other big gaming conventions. When we got two expansions, a stuff pack, and a game pack this year, I had a feeling this year might be the last for Sims4. But now November is almost here with no news about a Sims5, so I think it's safe to say Sims4 will be active through 2020. Sims4 will be around until Sims5 is ready to go. And that's pretty much all we know right now.
  • simgirl1010simgirl1010 Posts: 35,853 Member
    My guess is a couple more years. With University all of the traditional packs will have been done so I think we're going to see a couple of years of packs with new themes.
  • Horrorgirl6Horrorgirl6 Posts: 3,185 Member
    My guess is a couple more years. With University all of the traditional packs will have been done so I think we're going to see a couple of years of packs with new themes.

That's what I think as wel.I see two years like this one .Two expansion packs, and two game packs each year.Than it would end, and Sims 5 will be announced
  • LeGardePourpreLeGardePourpre Posts: 15,227 Member
    @ChadSims2 wrote: »
    Yes, just the end of the part 1 : Stuff Pack era.

Rebranding The Sims 4 is the beginning of the part 2 : Expansion Pack era.

pH4G1R1H83DBM.png
    This many packs yet such an empty game.

Stop telling the truth you make me depress :p !
  • SimTrippySimTrippy Posts: 7,651 Member
    Without trying to offend the OP, but this seems like a really obvious statement to me?

Obviously we are in the last years, the game released in 2014 and the devs themselves stated it'd be another 3-5 years, so yeah .. that means we're indeed in the last few "years" (which is a pretty broad statement in itself).

Maybe I'm just confused, but somehow this didn't seem like a hard thing to figure out.
    If you think about it, S4 could go on for years and years. Here's why, every pack has had so much less stuff and game play than in past versions. Example: DU brings a ping pong table, but no pool table. Juice pong, but not vending machines. Bikes in one world, but no cars in any world. If you hope that everything we got in S3, we will eventually get in S4, that could take years at the slow drip rate that they release things. :D
  • Jordan061102Jordan061102 Posts: 3,918 Member
    That old joke !

Every year is the last year...

And every year is a 5 more years.
    Lu4ERme.gif
  • Jordan061102Jordan061102 Posts: 3,918 Member
    edited October 2019
    SimsBro wrote: »
    My only concern with Sims 5 is that even if it has by default features we've been missing out from previous iterations like Open World, Color Wheel and Create a World, the fact is the base game is going to be as content starved as ever to push out loads of GP/EPs later on and quite frankly it will probably be 3-4 years before it has content comparable to current TS4, if even.

So it's not just a matter of 5 being announced or even released, it will still be YEARS before it's anything close to 4 content wise.

I think if TS5 comes with what simmers are complaining now, it's gonna be way superior at its launch above TS4 in its 5 years, so don't worry.
    There is still way too much missing to end TS4 antime soon

Missing
    A Chemistry and Attraction System
    Slowdancing
    Cars
    Photobooths
    Murphy Beds
    Pool Tables
    Pool Slides

So much more I dont have time to list.

I don't really think half of the list will become a reality.
    SimTrippy wrote: »
    Without trying to offend the OP, but this seems like a really obvious statement to me?

Obviously we are in the last years, the game released in 2014 and the devs themselves stated it'd be another 3-5 years, so yeah .. that means we're indeed in the last few "years" (which is a pretty broad statement in itself).

Maybe I'm just confused, but somehow this didn't seem like a hard thing to figure out.

Exactly. I'm astonished of the amount of simmers thinking TS4 gonna continue 20 more years.
    Lu4ERme.gif

I never saw your thread, or post.Im sorry if this offends you.This was not my attention.
    SimsBro wrote: »
    My only concern with Sims 5 is that even if it has by default features we've been missing out from previous iterations like Open World, Color Wheel and Create a World, the fact is the base game is going to be as content starved as ever to push out loads of GP/EPs later on and quite frankly it will probably be 3-4 years before it has content comparable to current TS4, if even.

So it's not just a matter of 5 being announced or even released, it will still be YEARS before it's anything close to 4 content wise.

I think if TS5 comes with what simmers are complaining now, it's gonna be way superior at its launch above TS4 in its 5 years, so don't worry.
    There is still way too much missing to end TS4 antime soon

Missing
    A Chemistry and Attraction System
    Slowdancing
    Cars
    Photobooths
    Murphy Beds
    Pool Tables
    Pool Slides

So much more I dont have time to list.

I don't really think half of the list will become a reality.

Exactly. I'm astonished of the amount of simmers thinking TS4 gonna continue 20 more years.

Yah it's weird to me how people think this game is going to last like six to ten more years.
    I see way more people saying TS4 is ending this year than those saying that it's going to last 5+ or more. Or wanting it to last that long.

Even so, I don't understand this whole "shelf life" thing which seems to be one of the arguments for TS4 ending now. So the previous games lasted 5 years, why should that guarantee that this one will too? Games last as long as they last, trying to stick to a schedule is more likely to generate a bad successor than letting a game run its course. Which for many people, TS4 still hasn't.
    My prediction is based on content and how/when they deliver it. We were told that toddlers were always going to be in the base game but, due to issues, they were "left out" so they could work on those issues and give us perfect toddlers. If that's true, and I have my doubts, then the vast majority of the work on toddlers should have been done, leaving only those pesky issues to clear up. Yet, it took three years to correct those issues of something that was all but ready to be in the base game? Does that sound right to you? It sounds fishy to me.

They have stated many times that recreating the same game play from past versions is boring and unchallenging and they want to "stretch" their creative wings and fly in a newer directions. Fine, give us new stuff but don't ignore the past parts that drew us to buy the game in the first place. So, here we are at year five finally getting a Uni pack (and, so far, it appears to be a lite pack) and recycled game play.

I think the people with all the fresh ideas have moved on to S5 where they can be challenged to outdo Paralives. Good luck boys and girls. So, we have people who I'm sure are qualified, but just don't seem to want to make spectacular packs, pumping out anything to keep us hooked until Paral Sims 5 drops.

There are several ideas that I would like to see in this version, but, to be honest, if they give them the same lackluster, mindless treatment of past packs in this version, I'd rather they just moved on to S5 and not fork up my ideas.

So, yes, the SELL BY date is nearing end days and S4's pulse is slowing to a near flatline. If the devs are going to continue creating packs for S4, and expecting us to buy them, please make them better. This is their job and they've done it in the past (Strangerville) so please devs, don't dial it in just because the end is near. Take pride in your work and go out with a bang. That will guarantee that we'll be back for S5.
  • LeGardePourpreLeGardePourpre Posts: 15,227 Member
    edited November 2019
    World of Warcraft (2004) is 15 years old and an 8th expansion is planned in 2020.

Live service = longer life cycle

Just we are lucky they don't release 1 EP every 2 years like the MMORPG. Imagine if The Sims 2 Apartment Life was released in 2020.
  • PrincipleOfEntropyPrincipleOfEntropy Posts: 389 Member
    edited November 2019
    Final year.

An important thing to point out would be just because they can keep adding content doesn't mean they should.
    Technical-Department.png

I can understand why they'd be terrified. The Sims 4 Bug page on EA's website has 68 unresolved issues on the first 3 pages. It has 166 pages.
    A small part of the formally acknowledged bug section currently looks like this and there are far more that haven't been addressed yet. Some issues that are marked as fixed actually aren't, like irremovable basement floors. A lot of these bugs might be little things but they all add up to form a mountain of frustration that siphons a lot of fun and/or immersion out of the game.

Current-Bugs.png

It's completely unreadable due to its size, but this is what every unaddressed reported bug in The Sims 4 currently looks like. Every EP, GP, SP, mode of play and feature, taken from EA's help site.

Bugs-Tho.png
    Post edited by PrincipleOfEntropy on
    Madotsuki-Chair-Spin.gif
  • JestTruJestTru Posts: 1,761 Member
    I'm guessing about 2 years left due to new gaming modes and consoles that are said to come out next year. If they don't release the new consoles next year then maybe 3 years.

There is a lot missing from the game still but not as much that they can't accomplish getting it into the game with in 2 years. Specially if they release packs like they have from this later half of the year.
    WbUrFQm.png
    @PrincipleOfEntropy Yes, I'm aware of this. I'm also reasonably sure that those same tech directors worry with every single pack that in any way needs to be cross-compatible with others. Because making all the pieces work together is complicated (the bug list and that quote might be a correlation but not causation). And making sure the base game deals well with packs is also a concern, from day one of the first pack. Especially since changing the core of it is not a viable option.

And that whole list also contains issues that may have been a one-time glitch, may have been due to mods (which the devs aren't responsible for nor obligated to make their game compatible with), may have been resolved already and not listed in patch notes (I know of at least two and that's just mine), may be things that are by design but reported as bugs.
    I'm not saying the game doesn't have bugs. It does. Bugs happen. And yes, bugs happen even after testing (and I've said often before that EA needs to do more of that anyway). Bugs also can't always be easily reproduced (it took me a month to manage to get the same bug I reported & it wasn't because I didn't do the same thing in the game. the bug just didn't happen 100% of the time) so they can't be easily fixed.
    The screenshot is flashy and terrifying but it's also misleading.

Technical directors being worried about how much more content the dev team has ideas for doesn't mean it's impossible or that they think it'll break the game. It just means they're doing their job and realize the scope of the possible combinations which they need to account for.
  • HeyItsKoffeeHeyItsKoffee Posts: 99 Member
    When sims 4 released i was not impressed and uninstalled within a few hours, i returned when toddlers were announced and have continued to support the game in itself since but i won't lie, it's over stayed its welcome as KaeChan said, the game just never feels complete and when you compare it to the love the developers gave Sims 2 it just seems dull.
    I only play the sims 4 when a new pack releases and once i have tired myself out of the gameplay after a week or 2 i go back to sims 2 or 3. I will continue to support the company but i can't say it's my favourite out of the franchise.
    Youtube @ ItsKoffeeh

Legacy Challenge
    I'm all for more ideas but if they aren't executed well enough to not P.O. players then why bother? Here's an idea----GAME PLAY!