Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Blueprint Builds

ยซ134567112
AlJayAlJay Posts: 1,649 Member
edited February 13 in Nominated Threads
8v11Df3.jpg
Welcome to Blueprint Builds! Where each month a new blueprint will be posted for you to design and create in any way you wish. Modern, rustic, contemporary, Spanish, Victorian, cottage, or any other design you can think of. Itโ€™s totally up to you! These challenges are meant to be fun, so please be respectful and kind.

For those of you who need a starting point, I will post a shell on the gallery with the appropriate challenge hashtag, but donโ€™t feel like you must use it. It will just be available for those wish to use it. Have fun building!

RULES:

1- No custom content please
2- 1 entry per person per challenge
3- Give credit where credit is due (Items made by fellow simmers from the gallery)
4- Cheats are allowed (bb.moveobjects , bb.showhiddenobjects , bb.showliveeditobjects, bb.ignoregameplayunlocksentitlement)
5- Please do not share more than 2 pictures with your post (I may accidentally overlook something if there are too many pictures on the thread)
6- Please use #BB(number of challenge) in your gallery uploads description
7- Most importantly, have fun!

ENTRY FORM (please copy and paste with your post)

Challenge Number:
Origin ID:
Gallery Name of Build:
Gallery Link:
Link to slideshow:
Additional Notes:
Space for Pictures: (No more than 2 please)

GDmsi4g.jpg
November 2019
Blueprint
Gallery Shell
December 2019
Blueprint
Gallery Shell
January 2020
Blueprint
Gallery Shell
February 2020
Blueprint
Gallery Shell
March 2020
Blueprint
Gallery Shell
April 2020
Blueprint
Gallery Shell
May 2020
Blueprint
Gallery Shell
June 2020
Blueprint
Gallery Shell
July 2020
Blueprint
Gallery Shell
August 2020
Blueprint
Gallery Shell
September 2020
Blueprint 1st floor
Blueprint 2nd floor
Gallery Shell
October 2020
Blueprint 1st floor
Blueprint 2nd floor
Gallery Shell
November 2020
Blueprint
Gallery Shell
December 2020
Blueprint 1st floor
Blueprint 2nd floor
Gallery Shell
January 2021
Blueprint
Gallery Shell
February 2021
Blueprint
Gallery Shell
March 2021
Blueprint
Gallery Shell
April 2021
Blueprint
Gallery Shell
May2021
Blueprint 1st floor
Blueprint 2nd floor
Gallery Shell
June 2021
Blueprint
Gallery Shell
July 2021
Blueprint
Gallery Shell
August 2021
Blueprint
Gallery Shell
September 2021
Blueprint
Gallery Shell
October 2021
Blueprint 1st floor
Blueprint 2nd floor
Gallery Shell
November 2021
Blueprint
Gallery Shell
December 2021
Blueprint
Gallery Shell
Post edited by EA_Solaire on

Comments

• rosemowrosemow Posts: 163,519 Member
    The new Blueprints challenge is great! :) I will look foward to seeing the entries!
    Happy building and furnishing to everyone!
  • SerenityhyperionSerenityhyperion Posts: 57 Member
    Yay this is awesome!! I have been looking for something like this for a while! I do have a question, though. Is the art like @rosemow posts to the gallery considered CC?

Thanks for creating the challenge! I'm going to get started on it :smiley:
  • TaoronTaoron Posts: 2,031 Member
    Yay this is awesome!! I have been looking for something like this for a while! I do have a question, though. Is the art like @rosemow posts to the gallery considered CC?

Thanks for creating the challenge! I'm going to get started on it :smiley:

Is is not. Some that you will find in the gallery is. I find it best, when dealing with an unknown creator (to me) to place the wall, and check before I start putting their art in my home. I hate having to go back through and play 'find the CC' on decor that was listed as No CC.
    @Taoron Thanks! I was worried about that after I watched a video on how to do it and it turned out to be an external program. @rosemow would you be able to verify since you're the primary source of my art?
  • AlJayAlJay Posts: 1,649 Member
    Thanks @Taoron great suggestion!
    @Serenityhyperion rosemow's artwork has no custom content :)
  • Archer_GirlArcher_Girl Posts: 218 Member
    This house has a screened porch...how amazing would it be if we had them? I think this is going to be a lot of fun. Thanks for hosting @AlJay !
    @Archer_Girl - Wouldn't it be?! I mean we have that screen door from Island Living and something similar with the wooden slats from IL but still. I would love that feature!
  • Archer_GirlArcher_Girl Posts: 218 Member

Question: Do you guys see what might be a pocket door between laundry room and WIC? I have very poor vision so I just wanted to make sure before I added a doorway that isn't supposed to be.
    Yep, I'd say there is a pocket door there.
    I wish we actually had pocket doors in the game. I ended up enclosing the back porch and putting the slats from Island Living up and then just putting a roof over the front porch.

Thanks @AlJay for providing the base template for us! That makes it much easier to deal with. I'm not used to big houses, to be honest, so I'm already going to struggle haha.
  • AliSim19AliSim19 Posts: 443 Member
    This is a great idea, thanks @AlJay ....love that I have all month too :)

Just checking, I'm guessing WIC is walk in closet? Can't think what else it would stand for but not sure!
    This is a great idea, thanks @AlJay ....love that I have all month too :)

Just checking, I'm guessing WIC is walk in closet? Can't think what else it would stand for but not sure!

Yes.
  • AyeffenAyeffen Posts: 258 Member
    This looks like fun. Like others, a lot bigger than I usually work.

So far I've managed to complete the layout, lounge, kitchen, dining room and Owners suite. Currently wrestling with the bathroom to get the layout right. That's the problem with walk-in showers!
    1NraNSJ.png
    My Gallery ๐Ÿ  | Gamer ๐ŸŽฎ | Husband ๐Ÿ‘ฌ
    This looks like fun. Like others, a lot bigger than I usually work.

So far I've managed to complete the layout, lounge, kitchen, dining room and Owners suite. Currently wrestling with the bathroom to get the layout right. That's the problem with walk-in showers!

You can download the layout from the Gallery. ;)
    Yeah I spotted that but I'm trying in my own way to match the blueprint as best possible!
    1NraNSJ.png
    I decided to combine the windows in sections where there are 2-3 together. That way I can use some fancier windows. I usually spend too much time trying to setup the walls so it's nice having the layout! I don't blame you for wanting to do it from scratch, though, @Ayeffen - I can't wait to see what you do!
    Thanks @Serenityhyperion I'm glad the template helps. I look forward to seeing your design!

Thanks @AliSim19 I figured having a month takes the pressure off. You can enjoy it more that way :)

I'm glad you are having fun with it @Ayeffen I look forward to seeing what you come up with!
    Great build @Ayeffen

ENTRY FORM

Challenge Number:1(?)
    Origin ID:Taoron24121
    Gallery Name of Build:Brick Ranch
    Gallery Link:https://www.ea.com/games/the-sims/the-sims-4/pc/gallery/DC8F8EA2FBDF11E98D8C2495E2BB44F7
    Link to slideshow: https://imgur.com/a/XAv5Qvp
    Additional Notes: Built to look as a typical Brick ranch, found anywhere along the East Coast of the U.S. I dodn't have to change much of the original layout (as it was done so well...thank you, for that)

Art by:
    @taoron24121
    @juwels64
    @AlJay2000
    @SimSationalToo
    @seaweed102

Space for Pictures:

R6kqmfM.png
    UqEl9MC.png
  • wendyologywendyology Posts: 395 Member
    Such a fun challenge, I look forward to trying it as soon as I get done with my Whimsyville build.
    These look absolutely wonderful @Ayeffen and @Taoron !!
    Since this challenge closes at the end of November I will comment on everyone's builds then ๐Ÿ™‚ Thank you for participating!
    Taoron wrote: ยป
    Great build @Ayeffen

Thanks @Taoron - I thought I did okay but then I looked at your instagram and my eyes just near enough popped out of my head. :lol:
    1NraNSJ.png

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top