Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Sims won't WooHoo (Sims 2)

Endless_DaysEndless_Days Posts: 54 Member
I hate to put my sims' relationship troubles on you all, but they could really use some advice. So could I, as I am new to Sims 2 (coming from Sims 4) and am probably just doing something wrong.

So I have my sim couple relaxing in a double bed. The option for kiss is there, the option for cuddle is there, the option for make out is there. They've been doing those things for many sim hours. Their relationship level is "love," in that both of them love the other. There is however no option for woohoo. Not when I click on either sim, not when I click on the bed, not anywhere.

What am I doing wrong?

Comments

• Options
    Maus652Maus652 Posts: 226 Member
    edited October 2019
    Hm. It is possible that they are just not quite there yet in their relationship. Are both of their needs bars green?

Just because they've reached 'love', doesn't necessarily mean they have enough relationship points, if that makes sense?

Maybe one of them just ain't in the mood!

I did have one pair that just didn't seem to want to do it in bed - I had to do in a jacuzzi first. :lol:
    moPdFIb.jpg
    📷Photographer | Lexophile | 📚Book worm | ❄✊🐭
  • Options
    Maus652 wrote: »
    Hm. It is possible that they are just not quite there yet in their relationship. Are both of their needs bars green?

Just because they've reached 'love', doesn't necessarily mean they have enough relationship points, if that makes sense?

Maybe one of them just ain't in the mood!

I did have one pair that just didn't seem to want to do it in bed - I had to do in a jacuzzi first. :lol:

Their green bars are maxed out. There is a red heart by the female sim's green bar and a pink heart by the male sim's green bar. It's just weird that it would take them so long to get to that point when in sims 4 you basically flirt with someone three times and they are climbing into the woohoo bush with you :lol:
  • Options
    Maus652Maus652 Posts: 226 Member
    Maybe he just isn't that into her! :D
    moPdFIb.jpg
    📷Photographer | Lexophile | 📚Book worm | ❄✊🐭
  • Options
    Rflong7Rflong7 Posts: 36,588 Member
    They have to relax on the bed or be next to each other while in the hot tub to woohoo.
    Also, there's the walk-in closet, the photobooth, the sauna, the changing stall. :)
  • Options
    Rflong7 wrote: »
    They have to relax on the bed or be next to each other while in the hot tub to woohoo.
    Also, there's the walk-in closet, the photobooth, the sauna, the changing stall. :)

They have been relaxing on the bed for many sim hours, making out, cuddling, etc. There just isn't any option to move beyond that. I haven't tried any of the other places you mentioned. Maybe I'll make them a closet just in case that's their thing.
  • Options
    Seera1024Seera1024 Posts: 3,629 Member
    Is the bed a custom bed? Or is it an EA bed?
  • Options
    karieebokarieebo Posts: 24 Member
    I know it might sound silly, but make sure that both sims are adults (or young adults, if you have the University expansion) as teens don't have this option in vanilla game. Also, try to increase their relationship even more and see if this works.
  • Options
    Rflong7Rflong7 Posts: 36,588 Member
    They have to be in love or their relationship high enough TO fall in love (bottom number at around 74?). I think.
  • Options
    Seera1024 wrote: »
    Is the bed a custom bed? Or is it an EA bed?

EA bed
  • Options
    justlexijustlexi Posts: 57 Member
    Now that's weird, Wohoo should have been working if the bar is already green and the relationship in love. Try to wait a bit longer.
  • Options
    CinebarCinebar Posts: 33,618 Member
    All relationships aren't equal, he isn't ready to woohoo. Relationship points are based on life time relationship points and chemistry. If he doesn't have any lightening bolt for her, then their relationship isn't high enough for this to appear. Sims who have none will not be as easy to seduce. Only those who have at least a two or three lightening bolt may woohoo right away. I would give up and do friendly interactions for the day. And what are the relationship point numbers? These Sims don't jump into a relationship like TS4 or because they feel romantic. The daily and lifetime points have to be much higher if they don't have any chemistry bolts for each other.
    "Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.
  • Options
    Cinebar wrote: »
    All relationships aren't equal, he isn't ready to woohoo. Relationship points are based on life time relationship points and chemistry. If he doesn't have any lightening bolt for her, then their relationship isn't high enough for this to appear. Sims who have none will not be as easy to seduce. Only those who have at least a two or three lightening bolt may woohoo right away. I would give up and do friendly interactions for the day. And what are the relationship point numbers? These Sims don't jump into a relationship like TS4 or because they feel romantic. The daily and lifetime points have to be much higher if they don't have any chemistry bolts for each other.

Thank you, it seems that your advice was on point. It took some more getting to know each other, but they are both ready now and going at it like rabbits. Little baby sims are definitely forthcoming.

Thanks, everyone!
  • Options
    CinebarCinebar Posts: 33,618 Member
    You're welcome.
    "Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.