March 29th - It's time for our Friday Highlights! You can check them out here!
Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

I bought a haunted house!

So my politician and his family were able to come by a huge landfall of cash and moved into a huge house they paid over $200k for. The description of the house said something about it should have been torn down long ago. The first night in the house, I noticed two ghosts roaming around last name Remington! They aren't playable and I'm not sure how to get rid of them. They are sleeping in the quarters I want the butler to move into.

What do I do?

Comments

• GoulsquashGoulsquash Posts: 715 Member
    edited October 2019
    If you can locate the gravestones (I believe they're outside on the side of the house in that home but its been awhile since Ive played Riverview) you can drag them into your sims inventory and then place them in the graveyard in town.

It might not let you do it while the ghosts are active at night, so if it says the object is in use just wait until daytime. Unless a ghost is playable or glitched they always despawn in the morning.

Edit: me no spell good
    My Blog - Currently updating Aurora Skies!
  • Rhiannon58Rhiannon58 Posts: 806 Member
    edited October 2019
    Ah HA! I found the graves. There was snow on the ground and I didn't see them until I started looking. Thank you! I don't need ghosts messing with my little family!
  • igazorigazor Posts: 19,330 Member
    That house has been the property of the Remingtons (all deceased in horrible sounding ways each before the game ever starts) for generations. How do you think they feel about their family being messed with by living humans? :'(
    o550pjoa47rpxo63g.jpg
    NRaas has moved!
    Our new site is at http://nraas.net
  • emorrillemorrill Posts: 8,110 Member
    @Rhiannon58 Ah the good old Remingtons. :relieved: It's supposed to be a scary house similar to the Sarah Winchester mansion. ;)

If you have the time or are interested, I expounded on the tragic Remington Family story in my Quantum Leap Fanfiction if you'd like to read it. :blush: No pressure though.

Their story starts here: https://emilyssims3stories.wordpress.com/ql-sam-beckett-story/chapter-61/

(I'm pretty sure you're familiar with the TV show Quantum Leap, but if not info about it is just a YouTube search away. :) )
    52607642900_bbbac3a314_c.jpg
    igazor wrote: »
    That house has been the property of the Remingtons (all deceased in horrible sounding ways each before the game ever starts) for generations. How do you think they feel about their family being messed with by living humans? :'(

I understand your point but my family wanted a big house and that one was for sale. I think there was only one other expensive house but their funds were way too low for that one. I had never "been inside" the house before and it is massive, decorated with lovely antiques and very fitting for my rags-to-riches (very quickly) family. Kind of awkward to play in but it will do nicely for now.

The Remington's graves will be lovingly relocated to the town cemetery.
  • HillyBethHillyBeth Posts: 3,505 Member
    edited October 2019
    Where is that house? What world? My sims live in Appaloosa Plains and the house down the road from them is also haunted.

Edit: Asked, searched on my own, and answered my own question: Riverview. Lol
    Origin ID
    HillyPlays
    P.A.C.E- Positive Attitude Changes Everything
  • GoulsquashGoulsquash Posts: 715 Member
    What it lacks in coherent layout it makes up for in views. It also kind of reminds me of the house from Beetlejuice. Hopefully you're sims enjoy living there without any more guests ;)
    My Blog - Currently updating Aurora Skies!
  • rubyskywalkerrubyskywalker Posts: 1,174 Member
    My Goth Family save lives in a haunted manor with a graveyard that I plan to add to. Should be interesting...
    Origin ID and TS3 Username: DollyGizzy
    Hoping to complete the Brunch at the Old Mill set for CYS. 16 items left.
    My Sims 3 Store Wishlist: https://store.thesims3.com/myWishlist.html?persona=DollyGizzy
    My TS3 Blog: https://rubysasimslife.blogspot.com
    Goulsquash wrote: »
    What it lacks in coherent layout it makes up for in views. It also kind of reminds me of the house from Beetlejuice. Hopefully you're sims enjoy living there without any more guests ;)

Yes I was delighted with the views. And it was definitely a little Beetlejuicey before I got rid of the ghosts (Sorry Remingtons). My Sim happened to walk by a window that showed a view of the city and I stopped for a moment to admire. This family's dad is a politician and wealth and power is his passion. So he's feeling pretty high and mighty to live up above the city and look down on all his citizens. The parents both had lifetime wishes of wealth and thanks to a genie, they got their wish and now the big house. It's playing perfectly into my vision for this family.

I've never really enjoyed the supernatural part of any of TS games. In this case, the ghosts appeared to be living in the quarters I needed for the butler. Maybe when this family is older and the parents become seniors and eventually pass, I'll reconsider with their heirs. Might have to do a little graveyard on the property to see things play out.
  • SimiLovaSimiLova Posts: 1,123 Member
    Ah man, this reminds me how I always wanted to play, the Remington house! Since I'm getting back into playing the game again, I may have to add a long list relative, that is a witch, that helps bring the family back to life! That would be cool.🤯