Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

How to remove the spellcaster trait from townies?

Hi all :)

I have bought the RoM and made a Sim visiting the magic realm to become a witch.
Well I noticed, that my mail lady is flying on a broom now and thst really bugs me.
Can I remove that somehow? I like my Sims to be normal, no vamps or witches and I really don't want them to do their job flying on a broom.

Comments

• LaBlue0314LaBlue0314 Posts: 17,436 Member
    First, there is a mod that will stop current sims from being created as spell casters.
    https://www.patreon.com/posts/quick-mod-for-my-29866791

This link has the cheat on how to remove the spell caster trait.
    https://sims-online.com/sims-4-realm-of-magic-cheats-spellcaster-witch/
  • TistouTistou Posts: 72 Member
    WHAT! The service sims can start using magic? Wow, I guess this won't be my next pack to get.
  • MidnightAuraMidnightAura Posts: 5,809 Member
    Tistou wrote: »
    WHAT! The service sims can start using magic? Wow, I guess this won't be my next pack to get.

Anyone that your sim hasn’t met is eligible to become a spellcaster for performance reasons.
  • DaWaterRatDaWaterRat Posts: 3,353 Member
    I've found that if you make a bunch of spellcaster sims (or download them from the gallery) and put them all in individual households (they can be not in world), the game will draw from that pool before turning random sims already in the game into spellcasters. Depending on how long you plan to stay in the magical realm, you'll need at least 12, probably closer to 16 to 24.
  • CamkatCamkat Posts: 2,329 Member
    DaWaterRat wrote: »
    I've found that if you make a bunch of spellcaster sims (or download them from the gallery) and put them all in individual households (they can be not in world), the game will draw from that pool before turning random sims already in the game into spellcasters. Depending on how long you plan to stay in the magical realm, you'll need at least 12, probably closer to 16 to 24.

Good tip! Thanks for this, time consuming though so I'll likely just draw them off the gallery as you suggested. ;)
    Origin ID: Peapod79
  • DaWaterRatDaWaterRat Posts: 3,353 Member
    edited October 2019
    Camkat wrote: »
    DaWaterRat wrote: »

Good tip! Thanks for this, time consuming though so I'll likely just draw them off the gallery as you suggested. ;)

Yeah, I've been thinking of uploading the two groups of eight I initially made.

Which is also kinda how I figured out that they had to be in individual households, because the game won't draw more than 1 or at most 2 from a single household at a time.

Edit to add - and I have just uploaded the 16 random casters I made to test this out. "Random Casters 1" and "Random Casters 2"
  • kalaksedkalaksed Posts: 2,643 Member
    edited October 2019
    i've got four groups of four uploaded caster townies, myself, complete with the most-requested hidden traits for caster townies. there are at least seven different hidden traits for unplayed casters, though four of them always come in matching sets of two

(the traits that give access to a handful of 'novice' or 'intermediate' level spells/potions and cause them to show up to practice in the realm. i also gave some of them a 'magicvenuenpc' trait just in case. and on top of that, i gave every single one of them the 'spellcaster premade' trait so they'd quit wearing randomized outfits every time they went to the realm. the only trait i didn't give any of them was the broom-riding one)

this was a two-part thing for me, really. first, it helped ensure only other sims i wanted to be spellcasters would show up in the realm. and second, by editing so many townies, i could get the feel i wanted for the realm (some of the townie sims are very much not human, others are kind of outlandish humans, others are pretty much 'normal') and was able to go through to every single spellcaster i have, played or not, and ensure they don't do some of the silly randomized outfits while in the realm

...the unfortunate thing is that even the 'spellcaster premade' trait's ability to avoid random outfits is overridden by certain work outfits (so far, i know bartender, barista and stall vendor... basically, seems to be any service industry ones) or the 'night' outfits from visiting a bar on certain evenings... i had to delete and redo all three of my custom sages because they went to knight night in glimmerbrook and wore suits of armor forever...
  • OldeseadoggeOldeseadogge Posts: 4,995 Member
    Tistou wrote: »

Anyone that your sim hasn’t met is eligible to become a spellcaster for performance reasons.

As in careless and lazy programming. Not having any sims be spell casters (other than sages and bona-fide realm residents) would be even less of a performance drain. Same old excuse that's been trotted out for years, and getting more than old.
  • Karababy52Karababy52 Posts: 5,952 Member
    edited October 2019
    I have a custom template save that I use to start every game save. In that save are copies of all my favorite Sims I've played over the years as not-in-world townies. All the premades have been modified in some way, whether just adding cold/hot weather outfits when Seasons came out, or more in-depth physical modifications. I never actually 'played' any of these Sims, simply used the 'manage households' feature. All premades are still living in their original houses. All of these Sims, premades and my own townies are in my favorites section in household management.

I have two spellcasters in two separate saves using this template and neither one of them has met any of these Sims. I was extremely surprised when they went to the Realm and none of the premades or my townies were there designated as spellcasters. Every single spellcaster, other than the Sages and Glimmerbrook residents were brand new game generated not-in-world townies.

So, my conclusion from this is that your Sim doesn't really need to 'meet' or interact with premades or townies for them not to be chosen for spellcasters, they just need to be interacted with by you somehow for premades or be your own previously played Sims from other saves.

However, I have three Sims in this custom template that are always vendors in every single world, every single save. One of them is the premade Zoe Patel, the other two are my own played Sims from previous saves I put in the template. These three do show up in the Realm as vendor ghosts in Casters Alley. That's it though, they are not spellcasters. That's just been my experience so far, perhaps I've just been extremely lucky. Just thought I'd share in case it's not just luck, but by design and others can try the same strategy to avoid premades autonomously becoming spellcasters.

I do have the problem with situational outfits for my Sages though, it's frustrating and I hope they fix that soon. I can ask my Sages to see their every day outfit, but they just change back to the situational outfit the next time my Sim visits the Realm. Curiously, although the Untamed Sage, Morgyn, has also been to festivals and such, they have never been stuck with an outfit. I've noticed though that they never change into any kind of situational outfit there anyway. This Sim seems to have been coded differently than the other two Sages. At least in my game.

Even though I don't have the problem of premades and/or my townies becoming spellcasters (at least so far), or use mods, thank you to those who posted links on how to remove spellcaster traits for those that do. <3