Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

How to get TS2 - Ultimate Collection (Windows)

Comments

• ausfordausford Posts: 1 New Member
    he was the nicest person ever and told me to go for newer versions
  • SimsersionSimsersion Posts: 51 Member
    I only just now found out they had a UC giveaway. Anyone still know if I can use disks?
  • WarGreymon77WarGreymon77 Posts: 127 Member
    Guys... See the post at the top of this board?

"Ending code support for The Sims 2 Ultimate Collection"
    Yea I saw that, I was only asking if it is still possible to just install the game and packs via disk..
  • M13VulpeculaM13Vulpecula Posts: 19,715 Member
    PapaTysee wrote: »
    Yea I saw that, I was only asking if it is still possible to just install the game and packs via disk..

That's certainly possible. :)
    Banner.png
    > @M13Vulpecula said:
    > PapaTysee wrote: »
    >
    > Yea I saw that, I was only asking if it is still possible to just install the game and packs via disk..
    >
    >
    >
    >
    > That's certainly possible. :)

I hope so, was really upset when I found out the code is no longer offered. Hadn't even heard about it till I found out it was closed ༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ
    > @M13Vulpecula said:
    >
    > Yea I saw that, I was only asking if it is still possible to just install the game and packs via disk..
    >
    >
    >
    >
    > That's certainly possible. :)

I hope so, was really upset when I found out the code is no longer offered. Hadn't even heard about it till I found out it was closed ༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ

If your pc is newer though (Windows 8 or 10) I'd recommand running the Graphic Rules Maker on your game before playing. Because the game by default does not recognise the latest graphics cards, it automatically locks into low graphical options. Running the GRM fixes that and allows your game to look more up-to-date.
    Banner.png
    > @M13Vulpecula said:
    >
    > > @M13Vulpecula said:
    > > PapaTysee wrote: »
    > >
    > > Yea I saw that, I was only asking if it is still possible to just install the game and packs via disk..
    > >
    > >
    > >
    > >
    > > That's certainly possible. :)
    >
    > I hope so, was really upset when I found out the code is no longer offered. Hadn't even heard about it till I found out it was closed ༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ
    >
    >
    >
    >
    > If your pc is newer though (Windows 8 or 10) I'd recommand running the Graphic Rules Maker on your game before playing. Because the game by default does not recognise the latest graphics cards, it automatically locks into low graphical options. Running the GRM fixes that and allows your game to look more up-to-date.

Okay. Do I need a DVD or CD rom external drive? (PC doesn't have one built in)
    > @M13Vulpecula said:
    >
    > > @M13Vulpecula said:
    > >
    > > Yea I saw that, I was only asking if it is still possible to just install the game and packs via disk..
    > >
    > >
    > >
    > >
    > > That's certainly possible. :)
    >
    > I hope so, was really upset when I found out the code is no longer offered. Hadn't even heard about it till I found out it was closed ༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ
    >
    >
    >
    >
    > If your pc is newer though (Windows 8 or 10) I'd recommand running the Graphic Rules Maker on your game before playing. Because the game by default does not recognise the latest graphics cards, it automatically locks into low graphical options. Running the GRM fixes that and allows your game to look more up-to-date.

Okay. Do I need a DVD or CD rom external drive? (PC doesn't have one built in)

If you want to install the game from CD's then I think you'd need one. :/
    Banner.png
    > @M13Vulpecula said:
    >
    > > @M13Vulpecula said:
    > >
    > > > @M13Vulpecula said:
    > > > PapaTysee wrote: »
    > > >
    > > > Yea I saw that, I was only asking if it is still possible to just install the game and packs via disk..
    > > >
    > > >
    > > >
    > > >
    > > > That's certainly possible. :)
    > >
    > > I hope so, was really upset when I found out the code is no longer offered. Hadn't even heard about it till I found out it was closed ༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ
    > >
    > >
    > >
    > >
    > > If your pc is newer though (Windows 8 or 10) I'd recommand running the Graphic Rules Maker on your game before playing. Because the game by default does not recognise the latest graphics cards, it automatically locks into low graphical options. Running the GRM fixes that and allows your game to look more up-to-date.
    >
    > Okay. Do I need a DVD or CD rom external drive? (PC doesn't have one built in)
    >
    >
    >
    >
    > If you want to install the game from CD's then I think you'd need one. :/

I know that :P Was just wondering which one. Never really payed attention to these kinds of things back when I had a computer with one (RIP Dinosaur)
    > @M13Vulpecula said:
    >
    > > @M13Vulpecula said:
    > >
    > > > @M13Vulpecula said:
    > > > PapaTysee wrote: »
    > > >
    > > > Yea I saw that, I was only asking if it is still possible to just install the game and packs via disk..
    > > >
    > > >
    > > >
    > > >
    > > > That's certainly possible. :)
    > >
    > > I hope so, was really upset when I found out the code is no longer offered. Hadn't even heard about it till I found out it was closed ༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ
    > >
    > >
    > >
    > >
    > > If your pc is newer though (Windows 8 or 10) I'd recommand running the Graphic Rules Maker on your game before playing. Because the game by default does not recognise the latest graphics cards, it automatically locks into low graphical options. Running the GRM fixes that and allows your game to look more up-to-date.
    >
    > Okay. Do I need a DVD or CD rom external drive? (PC doesn't have one built in)
    >
    >
    >
    >
    > If you want to install the game from CD's then I think you'd need one. :/

I know that :P Was just wondering which one. Never really payed attention to these kinds of things back when I had a computer with one (RIP Dinosaur)

Oh. I only noticed the "external" just now. :sweat_smile: My bad. I don't know a lot about external CD drives, so I unfortunately can't help you with the specs, but that does sound like a way to get the game installed. :)
    Banner.png
    edited April 2019
    Oh yeah, I just went through that whole process on Windows 10. It's not that hard really. It involved editing a couple of text files. Only problem I'm having is that it takes a full 4 minutes for the game to launch. After that, it's fine.
  • KhemKat19KhemKat19 Posts: 129 Member
    @PapaTysee You'll need an external optical disk drive, you just plug it in via USB :) my laptop doesn't have a built-in one either, so that's what I use when I install games from disk. I also highly recommend the graphics rules, my Sims 2 looks great with them! Best of luck!
    Okay thanks guys :)
  • LindiOutOfAfricaLindiOutOfAfrica Posts: 17 Member
    I got it my Ultimate Collection copy in May 2017, using the EA online chat. I didn't even need to prove that I owned Sims 2 (even though I do), as I had both Sims 3 and 4 on Origin at the time.

My little sister successfully got her Ultimate Collection copy last year somewhere, using the Sims 2 copy. Though, as she didn't own Sims game at the time, was asked to provide the code and pictures of the game as proof.
    qmKQpYB.jpg
    > @KyokoChan said:
    > I got it my Ultimate Collection copy in May 2017, using the EA online chat. I didn't even need to prove that I owned Sims 2 (even though I do), as I had both Sims 3 and 4 on Origin at the time.
    >
    > My little sister successfully got her Ultimate Collection copy last year somewhere, using the Sims 2 copy. Though, as she didn't own Sims game at the time, was asked to provide the code and pictures of the game as proof.

Yea they stopped the giveaway officially last October for who knows why..
  • StewWithRiceStewWithRice Posts: 1 New Member
    Hey there pals! Anyone still there? Curious if any of you knew when / why the game was "Removed from our database" -A helpful assistant? I tried to get my copy of the game into my account (Friend did it a while back, and I wanted to get my copy in) but I was told I couldn't be given it because the game had been removed from their database! I found this kinda weird because I logged into my account on a friends computer that had it and tried to play it, and it was attempting to verify that I owned it and asked for a product code! Any ideas (Or somehow unused product codes???? jk)
  • dezoutlouddezoutloud Posts: 35 Member
    Hey there pals! Anyone still there? Curious if any of you knew when / why the game was "Removed from our database" -A helpful assistant? I tried to get my copy of the game into my account (Friend did it a while back, and I wanted to get my copy in) but I was told I couldn't be given it because the game had been removed from their database! I found this kinda weird because I logged into my account on a friends computer that had it and tried to play it, and it was attempting to verify that I owned it and asked for a product code! Any ideas (Or somehow unused product codes???? jk)

They stopped giving them away in October 2018, no one knows why.
    I believe they're just trying to push The Sims 4 onto everyone, and the best way to do it is to remove older Sims games from Origin. I'm sure The Sims 3 will suffer the same fate in time.
  • affleck11affleck11 Posts: 33 Member
    Does this work anymore? I missed both of the giveaways, and I don't have a physical copy of the Sims 2.
  • Rflong7Rflong7 Posts: 36,584 Member
    @affleck11 wrote: »
    Does this work anymore? I missed both of the giveaways, and I don't have a physical copy of the Sims 2.

No, it doesn't. It's posted at the top of this section, no more giving out TS2UC. :(
  • BlueFunny1221BlueFunny1221 Posts: 1 New Member
    So, its 4-5 years later, if I were to provide a code would I still be able to get it?
  • Seera1024Seera1024 Posts: 3,629 Member
    So, its 4-5 years later, if I were to provide a code would I still be able to get it?

No. As the top post in this section of the forum states they have stopped giving the UC out even if you contact support to ask about it.

You'll have to buy the physical discs and install them from them.
  • Demery27Demery27 Posts: 222 Member
    I was able to buy the Sims 2 Ultimate Collection off eBay I play it all the time
  • lisamwittlisamwitt Posts: 5,079 Member
    edited March 2020
    Demery27 wrote: »
    I was able to buy the Sims 2 Ultimate Collection off eBay I play it all the time

@Demery27 I'm not sure how you managed that since UC was never sold physically. It was only ever offered as a digital download.
    Post edited by lisamwitt on
    Gallery ID: LadyGray01