Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Realm of Magic Questions

I am not big on supernaturals or magic nonsense, but how much does it impact in the world. I was wanting the world in the game, can you live in the world and not have magic involved?

I avoided vampires because I don't care for it but does ROM have supernaturals in it and do they force them on you?

Comments

• Options
    DaWaterRatDaWaterRat Posts: 3,355 Member
    If you do not play a spellcaster or go in to the realm of magic, you shouldn't see any magic in your game... with the possible exception of occasional broom use, but I've never seen brooms used in saves where I haven't touched magic. However, I also haven't played a save where I had a character living in Glimmerbrook who wasn't a spellcaster, and since the portal is in Glimmerbrook, I can't be certain that you won't see broom use even if you don't play a spellcaster there.
  • Options
    KiaraSims4ModsKiaraSims4Mods Posts: 2,782 Member
    Thanks, i don't even know what the broom means. Anyone care to know if they have someone live in Glimmerbrook? I just want the world lol.
  • Options
    Karababy52Karababy52 Posts: 5,952 Member
    edited October 2019
    If you only have your Sims live in Glimmerbrook and never, ever have them travel to the Magic Realm by going through the portal, you won't see any magic being practiced anywhere at all. Spellcasters sometimes use brooms for travel (think witch), that's what the above Simmer was talking about. But like I said, you won't see any Sims riding brooms or any other kind of magic related actions as long as they don't go to the Magic Realm.

I have two save files with two individual Spellcasters. They both started out on the empty Glimmerbrook Watch lot as Rags to Riches Sims. Until they'd earned enough simoleons to build a shelter, I didn't send them to the Realm to become Spellcasters. In all the time they were there, before they went through the portal, I didn't see any kind of magic. In fact, I did see the Sages walking around, but if I hadn't known who they were beforehand, you'd never be able to tell at all that they were Sages. They just look and act like any ordinary Sims. I hope that helps! :)

EDIT: Just a heads up in case you didn't know - ALL the resident premades in Glimmerbrook are spellcasters. If your Sim adds them to your family for any reason, then they might start seeing magic. I'm not sure, but just an FYI. If you're worried about that, just delete the Glimmerbrook premade families and you should be good to go.
  • Options
    KiaraSims4ModsKiaraSims4Mods Posts: 2,782 Member
    Thanks, I'm going to download it woohoo. I assume the Magic Realm is a lot? I am not totally against magic but I am totally against vampires, so at least if there is spellcasters I can live them. But yes I will delete all premade families.
  • Options
    Karababy52Karababy52 Posts: 5,952 Member
    You're welcome! :) The Magic Realm is actually more like four lots. The Magic Headquarters where the Sages live is the main one where anyone that goes to the Magic Realm will materialize after going through the portal. It is possible to bulldoze and build on that lot, but your Sims can't live there, it's more like a venue/school for Spellcasters to learn magic from the Sages, practice magic, duel, use the caldrons, find tomes, familiars, etc. Not really relevant since you're not planning on going there anyway but thought I'd let you know what's in the Realm.

There is also a 'town' area called Casters Alley with shops for Spellcasters to buy magic related things; tomes, brooms, wands, potion ingredients, familiars, etc. Another lot is the Dueling grounds for Spellcasters and the last lot is an area with an inaccessible abandoned greenhouse, a fishing spot and harvestables needed to make potions. Each one of these are not buildable. All four of these areas are on separate floating 'islands' only accessible by the magic portals or if your Sim is a Spellcasters they can fly there on a broom or transportalate. They can't go anywhere in the Magic Realm from Glimmerbrook though except to HQ, then they can go to the other places. That's it.

Have fun in Glimmerbrook, it's a beautiful neighborhood, I love it! <3