Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Carl's take of ways for improvement.

Comments

• Options
    mboglesbymboglesby Posts: 18 Member
    > @Camkat said:
    > (Quote)
    >
    > There's actually a cheat to slow down or speed up the time. I think it works the way you want it to. It was mentioned it was fixed in last month patch notes:
    > https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/967218/october-3rd-2019-patch-notes#latest
    >
    > I have never used it personally. You'd have to ask around or google how to make it work in your game.

oh my goodness- I have no idea this cheat existed, thank you a thousand times! I am super excited to try it out! I had a mod in TS3 that allowed me to slow time down but it made gameplay glitchy; I play on a laptop now and don't want to bog it down with CC/mods, even though there is some seriously awesome stuff out there!
    Thanks again! <3
  • Options
    CinebarCinebar Posts: 33,618 Member
    edited October 2019
    LuvMySimz wrote: »
    Here shared his mind on the trailer already.

Has he? Excellent! I’ll check it out!

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=lKjFX7YV5PA

Did anyone besides me notice, Carl didn't get an 'acceptance letter' from Maxis (this time?) like the larger channles got? Why not Maxis? Was it because of his previous video? He mentions it when he says he wonders how teens will be handled with scholarships and goes on to say we know they will receive an acceptance letter like some of the larger channels received (AKA invitation to review and try the pack).
    "Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.
  • Options
    MidnightAuraMidnightAura Posts: 5,809 Member
    Cinebar wrote: »

Did anyone besides me notice, Carl didn't get an 'acceptance letter' from Maxis (this time?) like the larger channles got? Why not Maxis? Was it because of his previous video? He mentions it when he says he wonders how teens will be handled with scholarships and goes on to say we know they will receive an acceptance letter like some of the larger channels received (AKA invitation to review and try the pack).

I noticed it. My friend who is a game changer also didn’t get one. I’m also surprised a few of the other game changers that normally do get things didn’t get one either.
  • Options

I noticed it. My friend who is a game changer also didn’t get one. I’m also surprised a few of the other game changers that normally do get things didn’t get one either.

Have they been negative lately? lol
    "Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.
  • Options
    SimmyFroggySimmyFroggy Posts: 1,762 Member

The ones who got the admission letters were as negative as Carl was. Wasn't Plumbella only recently praised for that around here, as well as lilsimsie?

On the other hand, most of the ones who did all do face cam videos for the game, whether it's LPs or reaction videos.
  • Options
    MidnightAuraMidnightAura Posts: 5,809 Member

One has but she’s been “negative” for years but still gets dlc. She doesn’t get all the free swag many of the big channels get but she’s not the only one not too. The other game changer thar I’m surprised didn't get one is the most positive game changer I know - they even praised my first pet and have been invited to events before so I’m a little surprised.
  • Options
    Jordan061102Jordan061102 Posts: 3,918 Member
    I'm so happy he speaks out, but still I don't think it's gonna reach Maxis... Can please somebody here share this with the team? @EA_Mage @SimGuruGnome @SimGuru0x00 @SimGuruNinja
    Even tho I know you're busy with University it would be kind of you to finally please the non storyteller players.
    Lu4ERme.gif
  • Options
    CamkatCamkat Posts: 2,329 Member
    I noticed Carl didn't get a letter, but I assumed it was because he doesn't face cam.

I think all the game changers who did get one, were asked to do a video with them. Free advertising, (minus costs of printing the letter and postage but still likely cheaper than paying a marketing team).
    Origin ID: Peapod79
  • Options
    babajaynebabajayne Posts: 1,866 Member
    Uzone27 wrote: »
    The second time around I was learning little tricks like not allowing a radio in the same room as a sleeping Sim, how to click on the bookcase to learn how to cook. "We notice your Sim is eating nothing but beans...try clicking on the bookcase to learn how to cook on the stove"

Hmm...yeah this game is definitely worth exploring if I'm missing stuff like that....

Once you know everything...yep..you are going to have to find new ways of exploring without making it inaccessible for anyone trying to play the game the way it was intended.

No cheats, no spoilers.
    The developers never lost sight of that, much to the chagrin of people who know everything there is to know about this game and find themselves bored.

This is a perfect example of what the game is missing that it used to have (although I think you were trying to make an entirely different point). Sims used to be unable to sleep if there was a radio on in the bedroom. That’s something intuitive. It didn’t take much of a learning process to come to this conclusion. If anything, there was surprise that the game was that deep. “Oh, right, the radio is making too much noise. This game is so realistic.”

But it’s not the case in TS4. The radio makes no difference to their sleep.

I think you’re saying we’ve already mastered the game and there are no surprises left. But the game did get easier in many ways like this, and whether we learned how to play before or not, the dynamics have changed.
  • Options
    LuvMySimzLuvMySimz Posts: 642 Member
    edited October 2019
    @Cinebar, I did notice but I doubt that Carl had a sleepless night over this. He‘s doing his job just the way it should be without kissing anybody’s a*r*se. He is nice, constructive, honest and funny.
    „ - Criticism may not be agreeable, but it's sometimes necessary - “

• Options
    BabykittyjadeBabykittyjade Posts: 4,975 Member
    There is so much truth in this thread and everyone pretty much said what I wanted to so I won't repeat it. I doubt EA would do it but I definitely think they need to come out with a game pack solely for adding interactions and gameplay elements. So much is missing. But I know it's all about money and what is next in line to generate the most income.

I honestly believe the "lack of" is the reason they made it so childish compared to other sims and they are trying to market it for the younger,generation sincemost younger players don't know much about the older games and don't realize how much it's lacking in comparison.

I'm on the younger side and even I didn't realize how bad it is until I got fed up not being able to do basic things in this game like walk the toddler in a stroller or have kids do basic interactions with eachother. (Like tag) Or even sims having no reaction to basic things. So I went looking into the older games. (I was always a fan but couldn't play much because I didn't have a good laptop till I was old enough to afford one.)
    And I was blown away like waaaaaaaaa?! They can actually do that??! 😱 wow they cuddle and it actually looks like cuddling?😱 the kids run around playing and acting like kids? Not sitting around fighting to be first in line to jump on the pc or take selfies every 5 min?!!!😱 etc etc. Sims 3 has so many details, enough to write a book here so I won't list them.

It just makes me feel bad because as a long time big fan of the sims who loves this game like no other, and a lover of sims4, I see soooooooooo much wasted potential of what this game could be and I fear it may never reach its potential if the devs or whoever has the control don't want to better it.

I never actually played the sims2 on pc but saw many videos on it and even that one blows me away. It's all about the little details that makes sims so meaningful and immersive, And I don't think adding those little details should cost much but who knows?

Now I don't expect it to be an exact replica of the old games and I understand they may want to try new things also, but i always say if it ain't broke don't fix it. Plus they seem to have forgotten or either just don't realize what made the game so amazing in the first place. And trust me it's not talking toilets, giant telescopes or obvious selfies.
    Zombies, oh please oh please give us zombies!! :'(
  • Options
    edited October 2019
    Did anybody see Carl‘s newest video play review on the Vampire pack 7 hs ago? If not check it out.

• Options
    Did anybody see Carl‘s newest video play review on the Vampire pack 7 hs ago? If not check it out.

I watched it and he's mirrored all my thoughts and feelings, yet again! Ha! How the game quality has slipped is really highlighted when you go back and look at past packs. I wish more game changers would speak up more often. Others have had small mentions but they do need to be bringing this forward a bit more.
  • Options
    edited October 2019
    Camkat wrote: »

I watched it and he's mirrored all my thoughts and feelings, yet again! Ha! How the game quality has slipped is really highlighted when you go back and look at past packs. I wish more game changers would speak up more often. Others have had small mentions but they do need to be bringing this forward a bit more.

They really can't can they? Isn't it their duty to push the positive and try not to show off the negative? And why do they all start with sentences like 'Don't get me wrong, I loooooove TS4, but...'? Why do they have to apologise for noticing bad code and or lack of detail and unpolished products? Is that some sort of requirement?... Don't fear the Reaper.
  • Options
    edited October 2019

They really can't can they? Isn't it their duty to push the positive and try not to show off the negative? And why do they all start with sentences like 'Don't get me wrong, I loooooove TS4, but...'? Why do they have to apologise for noticing bad code and or lack of detail and unpolished products? Is that some sort of requirement?... Don't fear the Reaper.

Um, Don't get me wrong, I loooooove TS4, but... 😂

• Options
    There's always a but.... why does there always have to be a but...

I wanted to think that as a game changer, you did what the name implied, changed the game. That would/should include being critical. They all do start like that when they notice something though and point it out. They shouldn't be scared to call them out on a mistake or flaw. :/

• Options
    There's always a but.... why does there always have to be a but...

I wanted to think that as a game changer, you did what the name implied, changed the game. That would/should include being critical. They all do start like that when they notice something though and point it out. They shouldn't be scared to call them out on a mistake or flaw. :/

Exactly! I‘m glad that Carl is doing just that -

• Options
    DragonCat159DragonCat159 Posts: 1,896 Member
    I'm so happy he speaks out, but still I don't think it's gonna reach Maxis... Can please somebody here share this with the team? @EA_Mage @SimGuruGnome @SimGuru0x00 @SimGuruNinja
    Even tho I know you're busy with University it would be kind of you to finally please the non storyteller players.

Wrong platform. Use twitter.
    NNpYlHF.jpg
  • Options
    TianaRTTianaRT Posts: 8 New Member
    Great video, many valid points. I like The Sims 4 to but I can't say I love it. It looks pretty but lacks substance and I think part of the problem is because of how watered down its gotten, especially in regard to sims interactions and relationships. There used to be effort there and extra, slightly eyebrow raising, things you could do that made it feel real and challenging. At this rate, I'm expecting the most daring thing you'll be able to do with another sim in The Sims 5 will be... *looks around* Holding hands! *Gasp* :p
  • Options
    SimGuruNinjaSimGuruNinja Posts: 992 SimGuru

I watched the video the day it came out. Love Carl. Great feedback!
  • Options

Hopefully Carl didn‘t just waste his time on ALL his great Vids with constructive and true critics, and that the team takes them to heart and give the game some good improvement before it ends.

• Options
    JoAnne65JoAnne65 Posts: 22,959 Member
    edited November 2019

tumblr_mku8ubtFdt1r8y3aso1_500.gif

Good! I so hope you will take everything he says into serious consideration and deal with the things you are able to deal with for the game. This one, or - if that’s just not possible - the next one.
    5JZ57S6.png
  • Options
    Jordan061102Jordan061102 Posts: 3,918 Member

Seems like it was right to call them. :wink:

Lu4ERme.gif
  • Options
    83bienchen83bienchen Posts: 2,577 Member
    I feel it was a step in the false direction to get rid of the comfort motive and replace it with happy moodlets for decoration and seating.
    Now now EA, don't be stinking up our lovely lavender bath with your shopping fart. - My TS4 mods - Gallery ID: 83bienchen
  • Options
    invisiblgirlinvisiblgirl Posts: 1,709 Member
    83bienchen wrote: »
    I feel it was a step in the false direction to get rid of the comfort motive and replace it with happy moodlets for decoration and seating.

You've hit upon something here - the moodlets themselves weren't a bad idea, and sometimes they can be fun or interesting, but they get smothered by decoration moodlets. My Sim will come home from work 'Angry', but the moment she steps in the house, her 'anger' moodlet is pushed to the back by pictures and nice furniture. There are certain interactions we can choose when a Sim is in a particular mood, but they're not available because the decoration is overwhelming.

That's one reason toddlers are so much fun to play - they aren't affected by most of the aesthetic moodlets. An angry toddler is likely stay angry for a bit, unless you do something to either distract her or difuse the anger.
    I just want things to match. :'(