Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Chat Thread 3.0

2...Next

Comments

• Maus652Maus652 Posts: 226 Member
    Ayeffen wrote: »
    They are a bit different aren't they? The wall-height thing still gets me. :lol:

I don't remember about the ponds I'm not sure I've tried it but I have seen a couple of posts in the creation section showing ponds/lakes so maybe you can?

Fiddly, is what I'd call the controls of this game. :lol: I don't like how small the sim needs and wants panel is either - it feels so far away tucked in a corner. Trying to see if I can edit that.

I've gone for a pond-shaped functional swimming pool haha.
    moPdFIb.jpg
    📷Photographer | Lexophile | 📚Book worm | ❄✊🐭
  • AyeffenAyeffen Posts: 258 Member
    Maus652 wrote: »
    Fiddly, is what I'd call the controls of this game. :lol: I don't like how small the sim needs and wants panel is either - it feels so far away tucked in a corner. Trying to see if I can edit that.

I've gone for a pond-shaped functional swimming pool haha.

I felt that way as well but I think they've generally tried to minimise the HUD. The icon also changes colour/status if any of their motives fall low/require attention.

Because I play without free-will enabled, I need that panel open the majority of the time. :lol:

Good job with the pond pool! :yum:

1NraNSJ.png
    My Gallery 🏠 | Gamer 🎮 | Husband 👬
    I also play without free will - nothing will get done, otherwise! Can't leave two sims to realise they're married and in love under their own devices.

I don't think it's a reduction so much as a "we've hidden everything so it looks tidy. Try to find what you want now, ya mug" :lol:

I finished my resubmission essay! Just got to wait until my useless tutor reads it as she promised on Monday so I can edit it before I post it on Wednesday. Not sure when I would edit it, actually, cause I have parents' evening on Tuesday and Wednesday so. *shrug* I suppose I could use my PPA time on Thursday... Pay for premium posting.

THIS WOULD NOT HAVE HAPPENED IF SHE HAD REPLIED TO MY FIRST 5 EMAILS.
    moPdFIb.jpg
    I also play without free will - nothing will get done, otherwise! Can't leave two sims to realise they're married and in love under their own devices.

I don't think it's a reduction so much as a "we've hidden everything so it looks tidy. Try to find what you want now, ya mug" :lol:

Haha Mummy Maus very much in effect there. :joy:

That's the Microsoft approach to GUI design. Streamline and simplify aka hide it
    I finished my resubmission essay! Just got to wait until my useless tutor reads it as she promised on Monday so I can edit it before I post it on Wednesday. Not sure when I would edit it, actually, cause I have parents' evening on Tuesday and Wednesday so. *shrug* I suppose I could use my PPA time on Thursday... Pay for premium posting.

THIS WOULD NOT HAVE HAPPENED IF SHE HAD REPLIED TO MY FIRST 5 EMAILS.

Fantastic! Well done. How do you find parents evening? I always used to dread it but often come away better off than I thought. :sweat_smile:

1NraNSJ.png
    Well... it's harder for the teachers hahaha.

So I have back-to-back appointments on Tuesday, from 3.30 - 5.30. Then on Wednesday I am back to back 3.30 - 4.50 then another few after 5.50 until 6.20 in theory.

At this school, I find over-running happens a lot because they're late coming from sibling appointments. Which is really unfair of my colleagues imo. I know which ones it is, as well. ¬¬ I might tell her to put a timer on this year.

I am going to find this year a bit trickier... there are a number of my new cohort (and a couple of the ones I kept this year) that aren't putting in a lot of effort and it shows. And I've got to phrase that in a way that the parents will get the message AND remain supportive. Usually I go too far the other way and they are like "what? you never said he was struggling?"

Parents are delicate creatures. Even the ones who are like "I know my Johnny is no angel" cause they then in the same breath are like "DON'T YOU SAY THAT ABOUT MY PRECIOUS ANGEL"
    moPdFIb.jpg
  • MadTinkerer_101_MadTinkerer_101_ Posts: 6 New Member
    I would love to see an immigrant trait who agrees

You mean in the Sims?

Could be interesting - what behaviour or perks could that result in?
    moPdFIb.jpg

You mean in the Sims?

Could be interesting - what behaviour or perks could that result in?

Personally that seems like a bit of a Alternative Sims version trait :D

I suppose that would be a Lifestyle trait rather than a Social one...

I would think that the social aspect would pay a key part in interactions i.e. cultural differences - though would it throw up too many obstacles? As ultimately, IMO the Utopian universe that The Sims is set in is all about those obstacles not really existing.
    1NraNSJ.png
  • DeKayDeKay Posts: 81,579 Member
    DeKay wrote: »
    I wanna go to LA. But my mom is super over protective and might not want me to go overseas cuz everywhere seems to be less safe than Singapore. 😂

I mean... 🤷‍♀ She's not wrong.

Maybe start with mainland Europe if you want to head West?

Haha, she's also quite over protective with me even within Singapore. XD
    Morning all - so I think I'll have a new client within a couple of weeks so back to being busy. :smiley:
    Wow, y'all really love travelling, huh? I've never even been overseas before.

Well fingers-crossed you get to at some point. I've been lucky enough to go to a fair few places in Europe and a few times over to the US.

If you could go anywhere - where would you go first? :smile:

I wanna go to LA. But my mom is super over protective and might not want me to go overseas cuz everywhere seems to be less safe than Singapore. 😂

Ha well I suppose she's quite right to be protective. Do you have any friends that have been away before? Might make it easier if they were willing to go with you.

I don't have 'friends' friends but I do have a uni friend who always goes to Korea.
    My Top Song of the Day: Innocence by Avril Lavigne
    832XG3D.gif
    I don't have 'friends' friends but I do have a uni friend who always goes to Korea.
    Could start there. ;)

Omg. My legacy sim's now a widow. Her husband got too cocky throwing oil about making pancakes and the whole place went WHOOSH in flames. The reaper didn't spare him and now he and the widow are talking about cooking. Couldn't make it up.
    moPdFIb.jpg
    Omg. My legacy sim's now a widow. Her husband got too cocky throwing oil about making pancakes and the whole place went WHOOSH in flames. The reaper didn't spare him and now he and the widow are talking about cooking. Couldn't make it up.

Perhaps if Grim had been offered some pancakes this may have affected his decision!

They sound ideal @DeKay! :smiley: I'd plant the seed on that one without delay.

1NraNSJ.png
    edited October 2019

Perhaps if Grim had been offered some pancakes this may have affected his decision!

They sound ideal DeKay! :smiley: I'd plant the seed on that one without delay.

Yeah, but my mom sure won't let me go still. 😂 I don't even have a passport.
    832XG3D.gif

That is rather an obstacle - surely you'd need one for proof of ID anyway?
    1NraNSJ.png
    Mind you there are loads of people in the UK and USA without passports who have some alternative form of ID?
    moPdFIb.jpg

That is rather an obstacle - surely you'd need one for proof of ID anyway?

Nope. Here in Singapore, we all have an identification card that we have to carry on ourselves everywhere. The only places you need a passport to verify yourself is at the airport or near the borders.
    832XG3D.gif
    edited October 2019
    Hey @noblead did you ever get one of those "16+" cards? It was all pretty, had our names and faces on, but not DOB? The government rolled them out, then cancelled them. I managed to logically argue my way into Wetherspoons for a couple of years using that, cause my grandparents' (probably rightly) didn't trust me to carry around my passport and I didn't have a provisional. :lol: The dude on security was like "I can see that you were sixteen in 2006 and that means you're 19, but it hasn't got your DOB on it" - "Well it doesn't matter which month or day I turned 18, does it? Point is I am 19" "Urgh. Bring proper ID next time" Then he left and the new security dude was a real stinker. Had to hide in the loos.

Then I got ID'd for paracetamol at Sainsbury's and I didn't have anything at all on me but my NUS card and the woman at the counter was like, "well I'll take that, cause no offence, how many 16 year olds are in university?"

*sigh* So many countries have standard ID that isn't passports or driving licences. We should too. Once we've sorted out the other nonsense.
    moPdFIb.jpg
    Hey @noblead did you ever get one of those "16+" cards? It was all pretty, had our names and faces on, but not DOB? The government rolled them out, then cancelled them. I managed to logically argue my way into Wetherspoons for a couple of years using that, cause my grandparents' (probably rightly) didn't trust me to carry around my passport and I didn't have a provisional. :lol: The dude on security was like "I can see that you were sixteen in 2006 and that means you're 19, but it hasn't got your DOB on it" - "Well it doesn't matter which month or day I turned 18, does it? Point is I am 19" "Urgh. Bring proper ID next time" Then he left and the new security dude was a real stinker. Had to hide in the loos.

Then I got ID'd for paracetamol at Sainsbury's and I didn't have anything at all on me but my NUS card and the woman at the counter was like, "well I'll take that, cause no offence, how many 16 year olds are in university?"

*sigh* So many countries have standard ID that isn't passports or driving licences. We should too. Once we've sorted out the other nonsense.

Nope, we don't have any 16+ cards since we all have our personal ID's ever since we are like 12, I think.
    832XG3D.gif

I don't think I did. I got a provisional driving license as soon as I could which basically covered all bases.
    1NraNSJ.png
    edited October 2019
    Maybe our county were the only ones then? God, who knows?

So I've had feedback from my tutor about that essay she didn't get back to me about for nearly all of my resubmission time. She says it is much better and should scrape a pass. She put in some notes for me to act on and gave me links to places that might help me out to pad out this one little section that requires more than one reference and hopefully that should give me a definite pass. Yay.

I mean. She was like "I dunno how high a mark you're aiming for" - Er, I dunno Joan*, it's a pass or fail course. 🙄 I don't care if I got 98 out of 100 cause we don't get anything special out of that. Just the offer to pay to do more coursework to get a full Masters.

Then the edits put me 49 words over the upper word limit, so I had to spend some time trimming it down. Now I'm just 15 words below. :sunglasses:

*Not her real name, obviously. Just as boring though.
    moPdFIb.jpg
    Maybe our county were the only ones then? God, who knows?

So I've had feedback from my tutor about that essay she didn't get back to me about for nearly all of my resubmission time. She says it is much better and should scrape a pass. She put in some notes for me to act on and gave me links to places that might help me out to pad out this one little section that requires more than one reference and hopefully that should give me a definite pass. Yay.

I mean. She was like "I dunno how high a mark you're aiming for" - Er, I dunno Joan*, it's a pass or fail course. 🙄 I don't care if I got 98 out of 100 cause we don't get anything special out of that. Just the offer to pay to do more coursework to get a full Masters.

Then the edits put me 49 words over the upper word limit, so I had to spend some time trimming it down. Now I'm just 15 words below. :sunglasses:

*Not her real name, obviously. Just as boring though.

I take it Joan offered no excuses for her delay...
    1NraNSJ.png
    @Ayeffen She just never replied? Do you need to give excuses for "not receiving" ? I got a lot of...no snide, but almost gas-lighty, imo, comments about how she was doing me a "very special favour" reading it on her day off. I have a paper trail, Joan. I can prove that it was not a special favour out of the goodness of your heart. 🙄

Parents Evening 1 down! Just one more to go... the longer one. :anguished:

Only had one parent act like a total trashbucket but I expect it of him so... urgh. Tomorrow shouldn't have anybody be so problematic.
    moPdFIb.jpg
    Hi all - hope this isn't naughty resurrecting this thread.

Hope we are all in good spirits and good health during this weird time. What are we all doing to keep busy?

Luckily I am still working (albeit from home) although it's been difficult motivationally now and again.
    1NraNSJ.png
  • simspeaker4simspeaker4 Posts: 5,999 Member
    I love threads where we can just hang out and chat about stuffs. Of course DeKay would be here too. All we need now are some DeKay original chibis to give this place a touch of adorable. :smiley:
    I am a perfectly decrepit withered old hag who enjoys self-mockery.

Need help falling asleep? http://wry7000.blogspot.com/