Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

What will Expansion Pack 9 be ?

Comments

• GordyGordy Posts: 3,015 Member
    I want farming, hobbies or dragon-raising.
    TS1_dragons_hatching.jpg
    The Sims 4 hasn't introduced a new musical instrument since 2017
  • aprilroseaprilrose Posts: 1,832 Member
    Hopefully a generations pack
    Simming for 19 years!
    Family Tree
    Playing Mod & CC Free

• doogeriedoogerie Posts: 765 Member
    edited October 2019
    I think the mountains could be fun skiing in the winter hiking in the summer (with Sesons) possibly horse riding if. It a hire drawer carriage hot chocolate in the ski lodge basic or luxury (hot chocolate with whipped cream marshmallows and chocolate shavings) a nice mountain village getting first tracks yeah I can see that working well.

If not that I would like to see a music Festavel EP or GP If you don’t have any idea what I am talking about type Reading Festival in to You Tube or Google and thank me later we could even have different styles like Cochlear and Download for instance.
  • ListentoToppDoggListentoToppDogg Posts: 2,103 Member
    Generations. There's been no new family gameplay at all this year and the non-YA lifestages were already super lacking. It's only becoming more and more blatant. A Generations EP to give new gameplay to non-YAs is a must at this point.
  • Shadow_AssassinShadow_Assassin Posts: 1,669 Member
    Entrance to the abyss
    sims.fandom.com/wiki/User:ShadeAssassin
    It's a scratch-off ticket
    There's a "_" in my usename. My usename is Shadow_Assassin, not ShadowAssassin or others

Sometimes it's not me who talks to you, it's machine translation

She/Her but you can call me as any pronouns
  • Hearts4uHearts4u Posts: 1,775 Member

I'm hoping Farming will be an Expansion Pack. It needs its own world.
    Origin ID: littlebonnieblue
  • RouensimsRouensims Posts: 4,858 Member
    I'm really hoping for a music/band pack!
    Ooh Be Gah!! Whipna Choba-Dog? Whipna Choba-Dog!! :smiley:
  • TheIntrovertSimmerTheIntrovertSimmer Posts: 641 Member
    really looking forward for a farming/countryside living and hobbies expansion.
    y'all got bread?
  • gnelso1239gnelso1239 Posts: 190 Member
    edited October 2019
    it'll be so great that before it even releases you'll be asking: "what will expansion pack 10 be like?"
  • SERVERFRASERVERFRA Posts: 7,108 Member
    The 9th expansion pack will probably be Farming or Generations because most simmers wants that.
  • FreezerBunnyCowplantFreezerBunnyCowplant Posts: 3,957 Member
    edited October 2019
    Farming! :) It could add both new family gameplay and new hobbies!
    a256aFi.gif
  • rudy8292rudy8292 Posts: 3,410 Member
    Probably something with Horses I guess (recently leaked code).

However I am still hoping for a proper Generations EP.
  • DannydanboDannydanbo Posts: 18,057 Member
    Hey simmers,

What do you guys think/hope we will get for Expansion Pack 9 ?

I'm really hoping for a family style back like generations. I know we got parenthood but for me that was based more around parents and bringing up there kids. I want more game play for younger sims such as prom, sleepovers and more after school activities.

Generations can easily be handled in a Game Pack. As for EP wants and desires, I'd like a FARM pack and a FUTURE pack similar to Into The Future.

A farming pack would allow me to create things from my past. Growing up, I spent time on my grandparents farm. Nature is totally different on a farm surrounded by animals that you've only seen in cartoons or coloring books. Interacting with a cow can be scary or fun (mostly, depending on the cow). I hope we don't get the same tractor as we got in S3. That thing looked like it was creating more pollution than harvesting crops.

With a future pack, I could create a situation similar to the cartoon Meet The Robinsons where a kids goes into the future and meets his future family, I think that could be a lot of fun to play. Trying not to mess up his future by doing the wrong thing.

I'd still like a Space Station world like Star Trek DS9. To have a world situated on a space station where you are born, grow up, marry, work on the station, have kids, and get shot into space after death. No earth walk-bys so, Nancy Landgraab, stay home.

I'd also like a WESTERN EP with horses. Because Aqua Zips and bikes are limited to the world they came in, I'd like a Dude Ranch Western themed EP where horses can play a large part. Your sims can live/vacation at a dude ranch where one of the things your sims can enjoy, are horses and exploring a western ghost town. This could be another Strangerville type of mystery pack where there is something for your sims to explore, figure out and possibly, defeat.
  • LoveMcQueen5683LoveMcQueen5683 Posts: 3,689 Member

I'd actually throw up if they do that.
    LR3g0ni.jpg
  • BabykittyjadeBabykittyjade Posts: 4,975 Member
    edited November 2019
    I hope they make 2020 all about romance families and togetherness. <3<3

Btw has anyone found any hints lately about what could be coming next besides farming? Some of you are the masters of hint finding lol
    Zombies, oh please oh please give us zombies!! :'(
  • PlayerSinger2010PlayerSinger2010 Posts: 3,267 Member
    I'm really beginning to wonder if it's going to be a generations style pack. That would be nice. :)
  • July7601GirlJuly7601Girl Posts: 33 Member
    i would really *like* a vacation pack similar to bon voyage from the sims 2, but ts4 team seems adamant to make sure to make vacation content split into game packs, so it will probably never happen, sigh
  • TomasGrizzlyTomasGrizzly Posts: 736 Member
    edited November 2019
    Generations EP is not something I see happening - a lot of it was already done with Parenthood. If they do something for teens/kids, it'd be a GP as well and would need to be done carefully to with both with and without Parenthood. If it was to be an EP, it'd need to have something extra so maybe hobbies pack having a good deal of kid/teen-oriented activities.

I am in the group that'd like to see farming pack (especially if it included horses, large lots - sorely needed in TS4 towns, and some new crafting skills such as nectar making or more cooking recipes tied to farming) - but it could also include body hair in the pre-EP patch.

By the way, any idea WHEN they might announce the next pack? I know they said back in April-May (not sure) they planned "three packs in the next six months" - can we expect them to make a similar announcement anytime soon?
    I like fantasy and a bit of Sci-Fi. Want to know what I'm reading?
    I also like wandering the hills.
  • paradiseplanetparadiseplanet Posts: 4,421 Member
    Generations EP is not something I see happening - a lot of it was already done with Parenthood. If they do something for teens/kids, it'd be a GP as well and would need to be done carefully to with both with and without Parenthood. If it was to be an EP, it'd need to have something extra so maybe hobbies pack having a good deal of kid/teen-oriented activities.

I am in the group that'd like to see farming pack (especially if it included horses, large lots - sorely needed in TS4 towns, and some new crafting skills such as nectar making or more cooking recipes tied to farming) - but it could also include body hair in the pre-EP patch.

By the way, any idea WHEN they might announce the next pack? I know they said back in April-May (not sure) they planned "three packs in the next six months" - can we expect them to make a similar announcement anytime soon?

Maybe the final teaser for the Maxis Monthly stream could be more pack theme announcements?
    Origin ID: paradiseplanet27
    tumblr_ojq4r339Ni1usy5rpo1_100.png
  • AlanSimsAlanSims Posts: 711 Member
    I’m honestly very curious to see where The Sims 4 goes now these next couple of years. Ever since we got Toddlers the content has been getting better and better and now that we got the “must have” packs (University, Beach, Seasons, Pets and big City) I hope they have the freedom to be creative with new content and surprise us in a good way.

Back when we were voting for the Eco stuff pack, some of the options caught my attention and I hope they retake those concepts. Some kind of end of the world, disaster, Into The Future pack could be in the works if they didn’t completely abandon that idea. Other than that I just don’t know where they could go next if they plan to release content for another 2 years before moving to Sims 5. Maybe just fan service and finally get Farming and Cars which I honestly don’t care about but could be cute.
  • WallSims4everWallSims4ever Posts: 755 Member
    I really hope it's either Farming or a Band/Showtime type of pack.

My biggest dream would be a generations pack, but I doubt we'll get that.
  • dearie_blossomdearie_blossom Posts: 707 Member
    I think it will be Into The Future.
  • WallSims4everWallSims4ever Posts: 755 Member
    I think it will be Into The Future.

I doubt they will make a future pack after adding robots in University and drones and sleeping pods in Get Famous.
  • PatricePatrice Posts: 361 Member
    Hoping for farming with a lot of gameplay, and theme park :p
  • akuheikomatsuakuheikomatsu Posts: 79 Member
    I wouldn't be opposed to farming, but I'd want to see improved romance, generations, hobbies and cars before that.