Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Generations EP

RememberJoyRememberJoy Posts: 1,138 Member
With the confirmation of Discover University, simmers are already looking forward to future expansions and I've noticed an uptick in interest for an expansion based on generations.

So, I'd like to discuss what people are hoping to see in a generational themed expansion.

Some of my ideas:

CAS
  • More CAS assets for toddlers, children, teens, and elders.
  • More piercings and tattoos
  • An elder walk style that requires a cane
  • Body hair and more beards
  • Traits like Daredevil and Shy
  • More aspirations for children
  • More teen friendly aspirations
  • More family connection choices
BB
  • bunk beds
  • tree house
  • slides
  • hop scotch
  • chalk drawing area (like CL spray painting area)
  • jump rope
  • scrapbooking station
  • knitting
  • more instruments/band equipment
  • dress up trunk
  • board games

Game play
  • With the scrapbooking station you'd be able to take your pictures and organize them with captions in a book like the spellbook in ROM. Your sims could then pick it up and look through it or you could just click and open it to look through it yourself.
  • Grandparents should have a special relationship with their grandchildren with unique interactions. A few examples: give life advice (child gets inspired buff), spoil rotten (kid gets a cookie and gets an energized buff), pinch cheek (kid gets angry or uncomfortable)
  • In fact every generation should have unique interactions based on how they are related and their relationship strength.
  • New events: family reunion, graduation party, baby shower, funeral.
  • New lot type: graveyard.
  • Cross generational actives such as dressing up together, playing games together, or mentoring another with a lower skill than you (right now you have to be level 10 in a skill to be able to mentor and it's limited to just a few skills).
  • The ability for teens and up to form a band together and play privately or out in public.
  • More romantic interactions. This could be a gamepack unto itself, but a romantic slow dance and spooning in bed could possibly fit this theme.

Something I'd love to see patched in with a pack like this is the ability to see how another sim is related to you sim by hovering your mouse over them. You can do this with the family tree and it would be nice if under their name it would say cousin, aunt/uncle, grandparent, etc. I have a large legacy family right now and sometimes it's hard to remember who's who.

Controversial thoughts:
I don't want them to add any new life stages. I feel it will just take time and resources away from the current life stages that need attention.
I'm also OK if they don't release a world with this pack if it means all the resources are poured into game play and fleshing out the sims.

This is getting long so I'll stop here. Please share your ideas, hopes, and desires for a generational themed expansion down below.
Post edited by EA_Solaire on

Comments

• mboglesbymboglesby Posts: 18 Member
    Yes!!! All these ideas sound amazing and are much needed!!! I would also LOVE to see a farm pack where the family works the farm, a grandchild can live and be under the care of their grandparents or a grandchild can visit grandparents “on the farm”. Children could get excited and teens could get annoyed by it!!
  • BabykittyjadeBabykittyjade Posts: 4,975 Member
    edited October 2019
    You covered the majority of what I want! I would also love to see

Baby and toddler strollers we can actually use. Including twin strollers to fit atleast two.

Toddlers able to crawl if they want

Pillow fights for all ages

Sims able to carry their children

Spin the bottle and many other family/friends games.

Marco polo, tag, hand games fort building, hide and seek and other games where kids can interact with eachother (not just objects)

Kids able to jump on beds and couches

More interactions between children and toddlers. (And I don't mean talking)

Playground items like slides for children and teens, seesaw, merry goes around, spring horses. Things you really see at playground and in normal sizes.

Kids able to dance on parents feet

More cas traits for kids (though we need more traits overall. Especially the faithful trait)

Piggy back rides for all ages

Peekaboo

Playpins

Option to sit anywhere on the floor. (Not playing board games on the table)

A play kitchen set and play house for kids

A play tea set

Options to feed toddlers

More interactions overall between sims of all ages that gives them a more feel of togetherness.
    For example there should be various ways to comfort a crying or sad sim of any age with animations.
    Not just hiding under a blanket or talking to a mirror or whatever.
    Sims get sick but there is no way to care for or comfort sick sims? 😔

Free babies

Rocking chairs

Being able to sit while still holding toddler

Options to feed other sims. We have that feed a bite interaction added from dine out that never actually worked one time for me. Plus it's in the romance category. I don't think many American families do, but other in cultures including where I'm from, family feed eachother in a friendly way as a sign of affection. That would be so sweet to see.

I think bed cuddling would fit in here as well as new couch cuddling that doesn't look like they are barely touching heads together with a goofy grin. That interaction still kills me lol 🤣

I also don't want a new life stage and I don't care for a new world. I would love it if this pack is alllllllllll gameplay. Forget wasting time on those beautiful backdrops.

I know my list is long and don't expect every single thing I want to be added but between my ideas and other players ideas it would be nice if we got most of it. 🙈

Zombies, oh please oh please give us zombies!! :'(
  • ListentoToppDoggListentoToppDogg Posts: 2,103 Member
    Copying and pasting my wish list.
    Baby overhaul should be free and precede this pack adding the following gameplay.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FBJqbJpbETs

From there, a Generations EP could add the following.
    For babies: Lots of CAS, BB such as cribs, toys, playmats, playpens, carseats, baby chairs, changing tables, strollers etc; and new interactions with siblings and parents, like peek-a-boo.
    For toddlers: Lots of new CAS, strollers, new toys, interactions with babies like trying to talk to them or teach them to crawl. Arts and crafts like finger paints, coloring books, clay, etc. Lots of toys they can play with with babies.
    For kids: New CAS, new toys and games for them to play, new interactions with babies, toddlers and other kids. Bikes, roller skates and skateboards. Events like sleepovers. Games like tag. I'd also like the ability to build a treehouse, similar to the way rockets in game are built over a long period of time before becoming usable.
    For teens: New CAS, learning how to drive, more parties, group dates, more jobs.
    Elders:A new section in CAS dedicated specifically to elders. New CAS, objects such as canes, walkers, rocking chairs, knitting, etc. Bingo and other games.
  • sixdeadqueenssixdeadqueens Posts: 225 Member
    These are great ideas! I would love a Generations pack and all of these things plus sewing machines and sewing related activities!
  • alan650111alan650111 Posts: 3,295 Member
    I agree with all ideas. We don't need any more worlds. I want packs full of pure game play.
  • ChadSims2ChadSims2 Posts: 5,090 Member
    No world

New game play
    Babies: Freed from the bassinet, bathe them, play with them, help them learn to crawl
    Kids: Jump on bed, pillow fights, cops in robbers
    Preteen: First crush, spin the bottle, embarrassment if anyone catches them doing kid stuff
    Teen: Teach them to drive, pimples (not CAS item), prom and school dance (if no school pack ever comes)
    Ya-Adult: Don't care they have enough
    Elders: Play bingo, tell stories of your youth to grandchildren, get off my lawn interaction,
    - Family Photo
    - Sibling rivalry kids-teens

CAS
    - Canes
    - More wrinkles
    - More balding hair styles
    - Body hair
    - Elder walk style
    Traits
    - Rebellious
    - Nurturing
    - Shy

Objects
    - Stroller for babies and toddlers to take them outside and community lots
    - Changing table
    - Cribs
    - Nursing chair
    - Playmat
    - Tree house
    - Costume chest
    - Bunkbed
    - Bikes for children (if it does not come in University) and preteens
    - Skateboards
    - Rocking chair
    - Sewing machine
    Sims 4 went from "You Rule" to "One of the stories we want you to tell"
  • SelinaKylesSelinaKyles Posts: 4,337 Member
    I’d love a generations pack that gives more to kids besides kids room pack, but i don’t see it as an ep. it’d Probably be more a game pack
    edited October 2019
    Now that Grant has moved to Sims 5 hopefully SimGuruDuke has more interest in giving players what they want... Things like bathroom stalls were unthinkable for the game while Grant was in charge we are now getting them. Pretty sad their idea of adding in any form of family play seems to be stuff packs or game packs and as Grant was saying he only wanted to improve 1 life stage at a time yeah that sure wont take forever.

Post edited by ChadSims2 on
    edited October 2019
    The above is the reason I have no faith in sims5 :|
    The problem with parent hood is that it focused on the parents. If they think it added anything for kids, elders, babbies or actual family play.....
    I mean it added a bit but definitely not much. Still the focus was on the young adults.

But yeah keep the ideas coming so they know that players actually want family play!! (Hopefully)
  • comicsforlifecomicsforlife Posts: 9,585 Member
    I want this pack so bad
    more for sim kids and more drama please
  • cheescaekscheescaeks Posts: 902 Member
    edited October 2019
    i'd like babies, then elders, then teens as a priority list. the only reason why teens is low on that list is cause they have all the gameplay that the rest of the lifestages have, so they have access to all that. elders do to, which is why its second, but unlike teens they didn't get anything added in parenthood so we're still missing some important gameplay specialized gameplay for them.

babies are first cause there is absolutely nothing for them when they could be a very fun and interesting lifestage. anyone who has babies know they don't just sleep and poop. like yeah, newborns do, but at a certain age they start crawling and playing with toys, like bouncy chairs and those little mobile things where you can whack it and it makes noise. carry them, wash them, changing table, strollers that work with infants and toddlers. i want all of that.
  • DianesimsDianesims Posts: 2,867 Member
    I’d like a Generations EP too. I’d like more family interactions and more stuff for teens.
  • Lady_BalloraLady_Ballora Posts: 784 Member
    alan650111 wrote: »
    I agree with all ideas. We don't need any more worlds. I want packs full of pure game play.

Don't forget new lot types/venues. A gameplay pack would be more enjoyable if there were new lot types added.

Why do you hide inside these walls?
  • comicsforlifecomicsforlife Posts: 9,585 Member
    alan650111 wrote: »

Don't forget new lot types/venues. A gameplay pack would be more enjoyable if there were new lot types added.

I agree
    more for sim kids and more drama please
  • DannydanboDannydanbo Posts: 18,057 Member
    Generations would be about the different lifestages in a family. The family already live on a residential lot. That is where they will interact the most. No new lot types are needed.
  • ChampandGirlieChampandGirlie Posts: 2,482 Member
    I think babies are an ideal subject for a stuff pack with the babies themselves being the free object and maybe something like a bouncer or play pen.

I'm on board with most of the ideas for Generations. I really think we need to bring back memories and more reactive sims, though the latter might be happening already to some degree. Judith definitely got slapped for cheating on her latest husband recently. I'm the one who had him divorce her but I also like being the one to make that decision. "This sim wants to work it out. Nope, that sim is done."

I do think there should be some kind of "golden anniversary" like in TS3 and other stuff for elders. "Now introducing bingo, warning: elder sims may spontaneously go to Grimmie at the bingo table." More special interactions for grandparents and grandkids. More "back in my day ..."

I'm pretty open to adding more for the various life stages and for differentiating sims in more ways.
    Champ and Girlie are dogs.
  • LoveMcQueen5683LoveMcQueen5683 Posts: 3,689 Member
    Dang now I really want this pack after reading all these ideas but I seriously doubt they're gonna give us another family related pack.
    LR3g0ni.jpg
  • auroraael14auroraael14 Posts: 988 Member
    edited October 2019
    Why is it that they can make multiple parting/adult packs but we only get one (if that) family-related pack when the whole point of the sims is a simulation game... a game about life and all stages of life. It irritates me that some of the guru's really believe that we don't want a family pack or a generations pack when I feel like that's where the game is lacking the most. It actually makes me scared for the future (sims 5).
    Check out my gallery for house builds! Username: aejp24
    Why is it that they can make multiple parting/adult packs but we only get one (if that) family-related pack when the whole point of the sims is a simulation game... a game about life and all stages of life. It irritates me that some of the guru's really believe that we don't want a family pack or a generations pack when I feel like that's where the game is lacking the most. It actually makes me scared for the future (sims 5).

They think that the majority of players are young, single adults and only want to play themselves.
    Dannydanbo wrote: »

They think that the majority of players are young, single adults and only want to play themselves.
    They also said the reason was telemetry using the excuse most people play adults ignoring the reasons why. Cant be because babies are a bassinet, toddlers were excluded base game only to come out years later and only truly got content in 1 stuff, 1 game and 1 object/activity in two expansion packs (though adults can still use kiddy pool). Children are constantly excluded from packs completely cant be witches mermaids or vampires and teens are a joke who have only got mask pimples (no game play) and the ability to gain character values and be parented to separate them from the adults.

In all this time adults get endless active careers in Parenting obviously they are doing all the parenting everything is being made for them and now they get University all while children-teens are locked away in a rabbit hole school half the day wonder why people are playing the adults.
    Many years ago, I read an article about the up coming S4 version. It was designed to be played as a single YA sim going through life. Thus, fake babies, no toddlers, kids that have no game play (even to this day) and teens that are the same size as an adult. Also why elders get ignored because we were supposed to want to start over with another YA and go out partying, ignoring the elder that we once played. Examine the game, it is so YA centric that it's not even funny and it continues to get more and more YA centric (note Discover University has been added). Even Parenthood was more about parenting than the kids.

Save yourself a lot of wasted time and heartache and except the fact that S4 means Sims 4 Young Adults Only.
  • mboglesbymboglesby Posts: 18 Member
    Not only would I absolute LOVE a generations-type back; including more game play for babies/children/teens/elders, a family tree with more depth, more family oriented social interactions between grandparents and grandchildren, I also want to see some different types of traits added. Specifically traits like "humble" (willing to help, uncomfortable around expensive items, etc), empathetic (others' emotions affect this sim, can calm down sad or angry sims), gullible (easily pranked, easily scammed), brave [opposite trait:fearful], I am sure there are several others to add to the list. I also want to see the memory system depth added (you can have memories in TS4 but, from my experience, they don't affect gameplay all that much, only mood) and also likes/dislikes and turn-ons/offs.
    With a generations EP, it'd also be super cool for gameplay to have a social interaction of "ask advice". So a child or grandchild can ask a parent or grandparent for their advice for anything from a love interest to which university to attend (if at all) or which career to join. I realize that would be really involved, but how cool would that be? I suppose it could operate similar to the parents' action of "influence to...",
    Other game play options that could be patched in could be painted nails (should have been in spa day?) but all the women in the family could get matching nails for an upcoming wedding, I definitely agree with canes (or walkers) for elders, also maybe traits like "forgetful" or "grumpy" specific to elders, earned through adulthood like how certain traits are earned through childhood.
  • rudy8292rudy8292 Posts: 3,410 Member
    Yes please. This is the first theme on my list I hope they will tackle.
    Maybe someone should link this thread to the gururs? Because they really believe people want single Instagram lifestyle play. Maybe if they see this they will understand.
This discussion has been closed.
Return to top