Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Is this a hint for The Sims 5? Mysterious new arch in Build/Buy

Comments

• mustenimusteni Posts: 5,405 Member
    I don't think it's a hint to anything. Came across it elsewhere and can't believe so many people think it is...
  • lilleefslilleefs Posts: 52 Member
    Just to add I’m not saying it’s coming anytime soon and I don’t want it to either realistically - even though I personally don’t enjoy sims 4 as much, I want them to actually spend enough time to make a game everyone will enjoy even more!!!
    But it could be a small nod to it just being in development, it’s not like they haven’t done stuff like this before. And of course it could just be us getting trolled really hard 🤣 I just thought it was interesting how much it lines up and wanted to see what others think. People shouldn’t be worrying about it releasing next week and having to start all over, though 🤣

@FreezerBunnyCowplant - plummin’ PIXELADE made a video about this WHOLE THING OMG
  • SimmyFroggySimmyFroggy Posts: 1,762 Member
    LOL, PIxelade will make a video about anything.

It's a fun theory though :D
  • fruitsbasket101fruitsbasket101 Posts: 1,530 Member
    Seems believable from the description. I don't think ts5 will come out anytime soon, if at all to be honest, but it does look like its meant to be a fun little easter egg for the entire franchise itself.
    Have a super fantastic awesome splendid amazing day! -TheQxxn
  • Sk8rblazeSk8rblaze Posts: 7,570 Member
    rudy8292 wrote: »
    I really wonder what the ''gimmick'' of the Sims 5 will be though.

Actual life simulation gameplay?

I'd buy it in a heartbeat if the next base game had some actual game design.
  • LoveMcQueen5683LoveMcQueen5683 Posts: 3,689 Member
    Its not a very good hint if it is.

"The fifth one should be great."

Should?

The fourth one should have been great too smh
    LR3g0ni.jpg
  • KushakovKushakov Posts: 20 Member
    edited October 2019
    Also, this was added in a patch that came out on the FIFTH of September 🕵️‍♂️
  • doogeriedoogerie Posts: 765 Member
    I think the Sims 5 has got to be coming in the next 2 years the product life cycle is reaching it’s end it’s had it’s start it’s peak and now it’s reaching its end. These things are written before any project you would have to be a bit of an idiot to produce a product without one of these.
  • rudy8292rudy8292 Posts: 3,410 Member
    Sk8rblaze wrote: »

Better be, this whole emotions gimmick failed from day one.

😆😆😆 the fact that we can literally go to a different PLANET in a rocket ship yet we can’t even drive a car to the grocery store just about sums it up really doesn’t it 😆
    Just who on the sims team leads this kind of life 😭
  • PlayerSinger2010PlayerSinger2010 Posts: 3,267 Member
    lilleefs wrote: »

😆😆😆 the fact that we can literally go to a different PLANET in a rocket ship yet we can’t even drive a car to the grocery store just about sums it up really doesn’t it 😆

Sixam is awesome though! Non realism is the best part is any Sims game!
    lilleefs wrote: »

Sixam is awesome though! Non realism is the best part is any Sims game!

I get that that’s fun for most people, and I did like the wacky stuff in previous games because it was well balanced, but idk in sims 4 it feels kinda forced and overdone to me, because things like that tend to come in favour of spending more time on developing/fixing core systems and making the actual game better. It just feels like these days we always have to have x thing instead of y thing, never both and even then what we get is pretty shallow most of the time. I just hope that aspect isn’t a pattern that will continue with Sims 5.
  • Jordan061102Jordan061102 Posts: 3,918 Member
    Can't wait for TS5 to come.
    Lu4ERme.gif
  • PegasysPegasys Posts: 1,135 Member
    It's a play of words with "Archie" = "Arch E", and E comes after A, B, C, & D...

I don't think it was intended as a hint for Sims 5 at all...
  • king_of_simcity7king_of_simcity7 Posts: 25,102 Member
    Interesting theory, OP.

The way I see it is this. If they leave it for us to find, then we have found something.

The Sims 5 is coming! We don't know when but it is on it's way and I can hear it gallop towards the community in great force! :smiley:
    Simbourne
    screenshot_original.jpg
  • jooxisjooxis Posts: 515 Member
    I'm usually super skeptical about anything ever being a hint (the community tends to reach a lot) but I'll concede that this may well be one.
  • simmerLellasimmerLella Posts: 612 Member
    Pegasys wrote: »
    It's a play of words with "Archie" = "Arch E", and E comes after A, B, C, & D...

Why, what's Archie?

It's definitely an in-joke/easter egg referencing Sims 5. ... Also, though this is silly, the arch is 50 Simoleons. ;) It almost looks like S5.
    "Challenge everything"
    My Game Twitter
    tumblr_inline_pwgxs3dfiz1t4sbjh_500.jpg
    EA, fix the EA app & CAW EIG!
  • SimsLovinLycanSimsLovinLycan Posts: 1,910 Member
    There are two ways to look at this: Either they're dropping a heavy hint, or they're trolling us because they know simmers love trying to mine clues out of item descriptions and random in-game text for any clue whatsoever of future content.

Personally, I hope they're not trolling us, and that TS5 is a much deeper game than TS4 out of the box, with a robust suite of advanced options for veteran players and some less detailed "broad brush" options for the total newbies. That includes difficulty settings for things like aspirations, job progression, and danger level. Making the game easier to progress through and less dangerous for everyone, period, was a bad idea. The Sims games have always been sandboxie in terms of what players can do with them, so the game options should reflect that sandbox sensibility too.

If they ARE trolling and TS5 is never coming, well, there's always Paralives...
    There is a song I hear, a melody from the past...
    5MNZlGQ.gif
    When I woke for the first time, when I slept for the last.

I do think it is.
    Lu4ERme.gif

Why, what's Archie?

It's definitely an in-joke/easter egg referencing Sims 5. ... Also, though this is silly, the arch is 50 Simoleons. ;) It almost looks like S5.

And E is the fifth letter!
    Lu4ERme.gif
  • Paigeisin5Paigeisin5 Posts: 2,139 Member
    Sims5 is hardly news to us. I mean, The Sims is a series, a successful series that EA/Maxis has relied on for almost twenty years. I have watched it grow, change, and amaze us with innovative ideas nobody thought could be successful in a PC game. The Sims came along during a time when all eyes were on franchises like Star Wars and Tomb Raider, and the evolution of console gaming. At the time of The Sims' release, the very idea of a Life Simulation game was ridiculed and many hardcore gamers predicted it would never be considered a 'real' game, nor would it appeal to a mass market.

Given the fact Sims4 has failed to amaze me with new, innovative gameplay, I still love the series, but hope Sims5 brings back the elements of surprise and awe Sims4 did not. And after a year of lackluster releases, the fact the teams are hinting at Sims5 is just another ploy to divert our attention from what many of us want. Personally, I'd prefer Sims4 to become a better game in 2020. Whatever happens with Sims4 in the coming year will influence my thoughts about taking a chance with Sims5. If the devs can't come up with better ideas for Sims4, and deliver some packs that aren't buggy and shallow, then I have doubts about what Sims5 will be like, and I can't be excited about these Easter eggs the teams scatter around for everyone to find. These little hints are all about building hope and hype for something that doesn't exist yet. Sims4 still exists, and EA is still making a lot of money with it. If EA wants to keep me as a consumer, EA needs to pay a bit more attention to Sims4. I need some incentive to be hopeful, and willing to buy a Sims5 basegame. And a couple of vague hints aren't nearly enough to make that happen when the devs can't even fix the game they created. Who in their right mind would willingly spend sixty dollars to start all over again when the teams have dropped the ball so many times during Sims4's run? It's time for the teams to rebuild the faith I once had in the Sims franchise.
  • LeGardePourpreLeGardePourpre Posts: 15,215 Member
    edited November 2019
  • LolaLuvsSimsLolaLuvsSims Posts: 1,827 Member
    I'm not even going to buy The Sims 5. I've spent so much money on 3 and 4 that I couldn't imagine starting all over again
  • paradiseplanetparadiseplanet Posts: 4,421 Member
    edited November 2019
    I'm not even going to buy The Sims 5. I've spent so much money on 3 and 4 that I couldn't imagine starting all over again

Tell that to every Simmer that started all the way from Sims 1
    Origin ID: paradiseplanet27
    tumblr_ojq4r339Ni1usy5rpo1_100.png

Tell that to every Simmer that started all the way from Sims 1

😆😆😆 my thoughts exactly 😆 considering it’s literally a £600 investment each time though and people have been so disappointed with 4, I don’t blame anyone feeling a bit disenchanted with the idea of forking it out all over again. It felt worth it to spend that much money on a game that was a sufficient step up from the last. But if 5 continues the pattern of removing features instead of adding then its likely many people will be turned off it completely.

The next game has to be something that brings in so many new elements that it feels worth exploring again. If the devs show that they can make something that is genuinely exciting again then people will be interested.

Thinking back to the prototypes thing though, what if the goal of Sims 4 (after the whole Olympus disaster) was just to see how well they can optimise the game and make it accessible? Just as an experiment since they couldn’t really pull it back after using up too many resources on Olympus. And then they will use all the things they have learned over the past 4 games to make Sims 5 great again 😀 *wishful thinking*

Wonder what Will Wright had in mind back in the day when he thought about the 5th iteration of his game 😆