Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Better Townies: Randoms that make sense to our worlds.

There's only so many times you can go into a randomly generated household and give the ridiculously off theme yet also near constantly identical sims a makeover before you start to wonder if this is a low-key torture method by the creators.

There are plenty of threads and discussions on here about lacking townies, how boring and samey they are, how terrible their wardrobes are and clone-line their design is, which is why I'm making this post to hopefully make and receive insight into how EA can improve townies so we look forward to seeing a new bunch in our worlds, maybe even wanting to play them this time around, maybe wanting to have them as in without having to spend ages re-making them because the game just throws any old present onto a body so it doesn't have to work as hard.

A lot of this I get, the system is busy making the game work, it can't/shouldn't be confined to meticulously deciding what a sim is going to look like, what their traits and job will be, etc etc, kids, pets, all that nonsense.

BUT! I say BUT! An update could be released where instead of presets, the game produces something a little more detailed, a little different, maybe create an invisible slider the system can choose to mix up so instead of presets being thrown into our worlds, the game just random moves bars here and there so we get a weirder/better/different looking sim, with unique names, body builds, face designs, hairstyles (Using those from all the packs and not just whatever it can be bothered to grab at a moments notice), and design their relatives to actually look like the them! (You've no idea how many times I've had a family spawn and literally nobody looks alike! At all).

Not dissing EA, they're busy, doing things behind the scenes as we've noticed with Uni's semi-secret/leaked debut.
But, if they can update stairs, give us new clothes and chairs and costumes, they can spend a little time working on townies (And updating babies but you didn't hear that from me).
Maybe even pets, in that strange yet silly way a lot of owners match the style of their dogs/cats by dressing or looking a certain way with clothes and facial hair, maybe we can have a family that is one guy and a load of puppies! or kittens.
Or the game throws us a single mum with 7 kids of al varying ages from toddlers to teens.
Or you get a grandmother with her daughter/son, two or three grandkids and the grand-pups, make it cute, silly, an actual story worth getting into.

I know this is probably too much to ask, yet, that's all I'm doing, asking, they can snip here and there and remove parts but just taking on board the idea overall, would be nice, and to be heard (Ahem, babies), would mean a lot, especially from someone whose main source of enjoyment is sims.

Gonna wrap this up here and leave you guys to comment below with your ideas!

Please, no fighting, just want this to be an ideas post and not a debate over whose and whats-its thing like so many posts become.

Thanks for reading this and have a nice day! Dag dag.

Comments

• TopNotchToddlerTopNotchToddler Posts: 190 Member
    A good start would be to use Styled Looks instead of haphazardly mixing single CAS items together. Of course the library of available looks would have to be a little larger, otherwise a lot of randos would look the same.

BTW, if this really drives you crazy... have you tried MCCC? There is a feature to use existing households from your library.
  • GorgeoiousGorgeoious Posts: 118 Member
    I wish townies could grow up and get in relationships and have famlies to keep the game going. Instead of them growing old and dying and maybe another townie family moves into the vacant house. I wish this was true for townies and non played households I create or insert from the gallery.
  • OldeseadoggeOldeseadogge Posts: 4,973 Member
    I'd be content if the townies were like the ones in TS2. There are a great number of them, they live in off screen family bins, have random occupations, and other than the designated slobs are presentably dressed. There is a wide range of personality types and ages as well giving a feel of a broad based community that one's sims are a part of. Some, if you had the right pack (Apartment Life, I think), belonged to factions (socialite, gear-head, jock, and another I've forgotten) each of which had a unique greeting and favorite converstion topic. Using said greetings and conversations gave you a fast track in relationship boosting. There was a separate set of townies for restaurant jobs, sales clerks, etc. which spared your sims from being drafted, and even the service sims were interactable with. A much better system than in 4, and no culling, either.
  • fruitsbasket101fruitsbasket101 Posts: 1,530 Member
    A good start would be to use Styled Looks instead of haphazardly mixing single CAS items together. Of course the library of available looks would have to be a little larger, otherwise a lot of randos would look the same.

BTW, if this really drives you crazy... have you tried MCCC? There is a feature to use existing households from your library.

Going off your idea they could make it so that we are able to save are own styled looks and then pull from those as well when dressing townies.
    Have a super fantastic awesome splendid amazing day! -TheQxxn
  • CynnaCynna Posts: 2,369 Member
    I would settle for townies randomly assigned a town and they only show up there.
    I3Ml5Om.jpg
  • BabykittyjadeBabykittyjade Posts: 4,975 Member
    This was driving me crazy yesterday the randomness is out of control! I like the idea of townies staying in their town. Atleast that way I can fill a town with my own sims and not have to see the others. I really hope they update it. And while they're at it I hope they update their behavior too. Yesterday my sims went out of have a good time and I noticed all the townies either walking,talking, or beating on giant toddler bears. I feel like they have no purpose or direction in life, they simply wander aimlessly.

Townies suck big time :#
    Situational outfits only make the problem worse.
    Zombies, oh please oh please give us zombies!! :'(