Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

unpopular opinions

Comments

• LindsaySeddon1LindsaySeddon1 Posts: 284 Member
    I don't think there's any real reason we need young adults and adults (especially as teens are basically young adults) without some visible/physical/mental differences between the two. Just make the adult lifestage twice as long...
  • GalacticGalGalacticGal Posts: 28,284 Member
    9 to 5 jobs and regular normal life is like watching paint dry. Work. Eat. Go somewhere. Rinse. Repeat. It's okay for like 1 or 2 sim days . But I can't play for hours that way.

Now that I own ROM, Im not going near that type of play as much. I still will, but Im playing with these occults more.

For me it was GF accompanied by the Road to Fame mod. Glad you found your inner Simmer. :)
    You can download (free) all three volumes of my Night Whispers Star Trek Fanfiction here: http://galacticgal.deviantart.com/gallery/ You'll need to have a pdf reader. New websites: http://www.trekkiefanfiction.com/st-tos.php
    http://www.getfreeebooks.com/star-trek-original-series-fan-fiction-trilogy/
  • maicemaice Posts: 167 Member
    I miss my kids getting to play tag, and having treehouses.
  • HayleeSimsHayleeSims Posts: 124 Member
    I like the fact that teens and adults are the same size.
  • QueenMercyQueenMercy Posts: 1,680 Member
    HayleeSims wrote: »
    I like the fact that teens and adults are the same size.

Agreed! I hated not having the same cas things available for teen-elder. Though that was partially because that meant having to buy both teen and adult versions of the same asset on the store.
  • caliposscaliposs Posts: 320 Member
    I think we have enough CAS content to make teens different enough from adults :P
    he/him
  • eternalrainneternalrainn Posts: 373 Member
    alyssa123 wrote: »
    city living is one of, if not the best expansion pack

Seriously so true. It was the first EP I bought when I got the base game on console. Didn't have money for any other packs so it was just base game and City Living for awhile. I had so much fun with it, and even though now I own 5 EP's (Including CL), 5 GP's, and 7 SP's, I still use everything in CL more than any other pack, including San Myshuno. Such a solid pack.
  • SelinaKylesSelinaKyles Posts: 4,337 Member
    edited October 2019
    Opinion: It’s hilarious how some of the people saying we should have very low expectations because it’s EA, are still the ones with highest expectations.
    Don’t @ me
  • NushnushganayNushnushganay Posts: 9,418 Member
    I don't like that a large portion of the female clothing is low-cut at the neckline, or shows the belly, or is sleeveless. While it suits some of my sims just fine, other sims are conservative dressers and wouldn't ever wear those. We need more modest clothing options.

This..it interferes with playing female Sims when even ordinary clothing that isn't otherwise trying to be very revealing, then has the top 3 buttons popped open right down to below where the bra would be, so an ordinary oxford top on a female Sim can't just be normal but has to be skin tight and open way down with the opening pulling apart because it's straining across her breasts. Nothing against being revealing on purpose, but if the only alternative to that looks like a Granny outfit, or a bulky shapeless sweatshirt, it just feels hard to have female Sims come across as regular people instead of one stereotype or another. I tried getting around this (and how ALL female t-shirts are baby cap sleeves) by unchecking the feminine option on clothes so I could put regular t-shirts on female Sims, but the graphics were warped and it just wasn't great either. So my female Sims wind up looking either always tarted up, or else in all baggies, with few other options. Male Sims can be dressy without an absurd amount of exposure or coverage..both options exist but most are in the middle. Not so for females.
    Racism is EVERYONE's fight #BLM #StopAsianHate
    Let's make Liberty and Justice For All a reality.

xicwqMCm.jpg
    RavenSpit wrote: »
    I don't like how Bella Goth looks.
    All the Goths have ugly faces if you really look at them, Bella included, in my opinion.

xicwqMCm.jpg
    lasummerb wrote: »
    The masculine sneakers in game aren't cute.

Not cute, exactly, but are they supposed to be? You can uncheck masculine and access all the cute footwear for any Sim regardless. If you mean they don't look good or realistic, O have to agree. They are my least favorite style of shoe on any Sim.

xicwqMCm.jpg
    Simanite wrote: »
    I don't like making Simselfs or even making Sims that "represent" me.

Same. When I tried once, I really disliked the result and it came across like an ugly doppelganger even though I did my best to be realistic. This makes it hard to pick one as a thumbnail, but I rotate among the ones I like best, not ones that in any way are a representation of self.

xicwqMCm.jpg
    I couldn't scroll through it all to see if this was already posted, but I hate holidays. They keep popping up and interrupting gameplay when I least want them to, even with 28-days for each season. But I forget to delete them at the start. And I hate gnomes and am not going to appease them. But I love the weather, particularly blizzards and lightning storms, so I love 4 seasons. But holidays! Even more annoying than they are irl.

xicwqMCm.jpg
  • Karababy52Karababy52 Posts: 5,952 Member
    I have never played in rotation or used a story progression mod. If they implement story progression, I sure hope it comes with a toggle off button. The only way I would ever try any sort of story progression is if it only pertained to not-in-world game created townies. I rarely if ever use them for anything, so they're not important. However, I do use premades for spouses and friends so I wouldn't want them paired up/married off and unavailable either.

I think I'm just too set in my ways and a micromanager. I came to TS4 from TS2 which didn't have story progression. I've read, I think, that TS3 had story progression. I've never played it. Maybe if I had, I would've liked it, who knows. But it's too late to try it now, at least for me. I'm happy and having fun playing without it so as the saying goes, "if it ain't broke, don't try to fix it." :)

Happy Simming! <3
    edited October 2019
    am guy and not bothered being the sims labeled as a feminine game.
    Agreed.
    Whoever labels it that must be selling yet another identical console or pc game in which the objectives, bosses, and strategy are the same as all the others, just with different skins and backdrops. I played side-scrolling platformers til I saw them in my sleep, had fully programmable analogue flight sticks, enjoyed MMORPGs and respect them, but flight simulators are great for some things, and life simulators are great for others. Minecraft and The SimsX are genderless open-ended build-and-interact games and that sets them apart.

xicwqMCm.jpg
  • NindigoNindigo Posts: 2,764 Member
    I think dogs have been made unrealistically dumb and noisy in this game.

(On my second one IRL.. she's 11 yrs old)

Origin ID: Nindigo79

A smile is the prettiest thing you can wear
    Time enjoyed is never time wasted

• PlumbeebPlumbeeb Posts: 619 Member
    edited October 2019
    • I really dislike small worlds, they feel too restrictive.
    • I don't see how the Sims 5 would be much different than the Sims 4, despite people asking for it all the time.
    • The Sims 4 is my favourite iteration from the franchise.
    • I really don't want a whole expansion dedicated to farming. I think it's boring.
    • I want more unrealistic gameplay.
    Sims 4 Wish List:
    • > Option to toggle on/off random townie generation.
    • > Turn vacation worlds into residential worlds.
    • > Option to purchase separate worlds or a world pack.
    • > Sleepwear kit.
    • > Atomic age kit.
  • nightowl1nightowl1 Posts: 89 Member
    I honestly would prefer if they didn't make copies of previous expansion/game packs if they ever release a Sims 5. In the past I used to care about having updated versions of previous packs, but so long as we've got weather included, I don't mind if they make expansion packs that were never thought of before. In fact it could be exciting! And as a bonus... really don't care about University.
    The statement "I am disappointed in the latest DLC but I'll still buy it anyway" is infuriating.
    nightowl1 wrote: »
    I honestly would prefer if they didn't make copies of previous expansion/game packs if they ever release a Sims 5. In the past I used to care about having updated versions of previous packs, but so long as we've got weather included, I don't mind if they make expansion packs that were never thought of before. In fact it could be exciting! And as a bonus... really don't care about University.

Couldn't agree more - I feel like I've been playing the same game over and over for decades.
  • ChampandGirlieChampandGirlie Posts: 2,482 Member
    Karababy52 wrote: »
    I have never played in rotation or used a story progression mod. If they implement story progression, I sure hope it comes with a toggle off button. The only way I would ever try any sort of story progression is if it only pertained to not-in-world game created townies. I rarely if ever use them for anything, so they're not important. However, I do use premades for spouses and friends so I wouldn't want them paired up/married off and unavailable either.

I think I'm just too set in my ways and a micromanager. I came to TS4 from TS2 which didn't have story progression. I've read, I think, that TS3 had story progression. I've never played it. Maybe if I had, I would've liked it, who knows. But it's too late to try it now, at least for me. I'm happy and having fun playing without it so as the saying goes, "if it ain't broke, don't try to fix it." :)

Happy Simming! <3

I'm also basically an unabashed micromanager. My favorite games always involve running things and strategizing. I like being able to manage a lot of details.

IRL I also like managing people. In the sims, it's still relaxing because it's planning, "What shenanigans will Judith Ward get into now?" "Where will this couple go on a date?" "What will that sim eat for breakfast?"

IRL it's a little more stressful and involves more hours.
    Champ and Girlie are dogs.
  • Karababy52Karababy52 Posts: 5,952 Member
    @ChampandGirlie Happy to see I'm not alone! So much of my life isn't under my control anymore and I think that has something to do with it too. In the past, my career involved a lot of data organization, time management, planning/coordinating events, managing staff, etc. and sometimes I miss it. Controlling and planning out the lives of my little pixel people helps to give back some of that and I love it! However, I do still love surprises! Just not those that involve major changes out of my control and spoil any future or current plans I may have already implemented. :)
  • SiggDiggitSiggDiggit Posts: 143 Member
    I'm not sure if anyone said this yet but:

I like the merfolx and aliens as is. I like the fact that their occult status is more of a backround note, it makes those sims more interesting without having to work on them. Whereas with vampires (especially) and spellcasters I feel the need to work on their point tree before I get started on anything else. Don't get me wrong I love vampires and spellcasters, I just like that we have backstage occult options aswell.
    2f8164094dfe843e371b34f5333b4dff1d96e006.jpg
  • GnarlyGnarly Posts: 55 Member
    I miss the old astrology system. It made me look forward to how certain sims would interact with each other. Without it, the sims seems to be lacking.
    giphy.gif
    (∩▂∩)/\(∩▂∩)
  • godzilla166godzilla166 Posts: 68 Member
    The sims are way too nice! It's like pulling teeth to make them actually dislike each other.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top