Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Build-n-Share Challenge #182 **Jack Frost Comes Knocking** Due February 29, 2024

Comments

• TaoronTaoron Posts: 2,031 Member
    I would like to reserve Sandy Run in Newcrest, Barring that, any 40x20/30 lot of your choosing will work just fine. I will be including a family, as well.
  • Talea12345Talea12345 Posts: 132 Member
    Sooo, I am really strugglong with the Whimsy 🙈 any ideas? I would like to preserve the typical Windenburg look:

]]
  • iampes23iampes23 Posts: 704 Member
    edited October 2019
    I would like to sign up for Umbrage Manor - 40x30 in Willow Creek, and I will be doing a family. Thanks!
    Talea12345 wrote: »
    Sooo, I am really strugglong with the Whimsy 🙈 any ideas? I would like to preserve the typical Windenburg look:

For my part, when I think whimsey, I think obscure...something completely out of the ordinary. In that particular neighborhood, I was toying with ideas from Fairy Tales or Grimm.

A giant shoe looking house for the old woman and all of her children.
    Jack and the Beanstalk with a small cottage below and supersize a plant of some sort and build a Castle on the top of it.
    Jack Sprat and his wife in a house that resembles some sort of food products representing fat and lean.
    The Witch's House in Hansel and Gretel. (Kind of done already as a Bakery but could be expanded upon or done in a different way)
    A crooked house with a crooked path for the crooked man.
    The Billy Goats Gruff lived under a bridge.
    Rapunzel's Tower
    Row Houses for the three little pigs.

I'm not doing any of those. I'm currently running with a house for Chicken Little.

• Rostri-JoduRostri-Jodu Posts: 718 Member
    Talea12345 wrote: »

Maybe play up the garden, going as far as to bury the entrance or even one whole side of the home in flowers? Or add an unsual water feature/fountain? How about some brightly colored lights for a whimsical evening look? You could also go wild on the inside - leaving the outside as is - by bringing that garden indoors?

Just some random thoughts. Happy building!
  • AliSim19AliSim19 Posts: 443 Member
    @Taoron great minds think alike - I’m currently trying to plot out a rough shape for the giant shoe so I can work out what size plot I’d need 😂 Didn’t think of Jack Sprat or the billy goat the bridge though, clever!!

I’ll be thinking about your suggestions too @Rostri-Jodu....though I think I may have overdone coloured lighting for a while after my HalloweenTown builds so flowers might be the answer 😉
  • wendyologywendyology Posts: 395 Member
    Slipshod Mesquite in Oasis Springs is always a little bit of a letdown. I think I will move some comedians in and turn it into Slapstick Mesquite.
    Can I take Avarice Acres 40x30 or Asphalt Abodes 30x20 in Newcrest please.....can’t decide on the size but I like the light there! If someone wants to claim one of them I’ll happily go with the other, decision made for me 😊
  • DevilariahDevilariah Posts: 124 Member
    I would like to build on Oakenstead - 50x50, Willow Creek, please =)
    +Family!
    Oops.....I’ll give the family a go too 😊
  • CaleSimsCaleSims Posts: 196 Member
    I would like to make a family and build for Streamlet Single in Willow Creek please.
    tumblr_inline_myy9221NKN1rkh0l2.gif
  • suepeasuepea Posts: 1,832 Member
    I appear to be coming to the party late as usual. Is there an updated list of available lots? I'd love to play along!
    h2xmsbl]
  • suepeasuepea Posts: 1,832 Member
    Okay -- I will take Potter's Splay in Willow Creek if still available and I will be making a family.
    h2xmsbl]
  • sgemmsgemm Posts: 38 Member
    I'd love Pier Palace in Windenburg! I think I also will be making a family.
  • AllearsAllears Posts: 519 Member
    I'd like to reserve Brook Bungalow in Willow Creek (40x30). And I'll give the family a try also.
    Check out my homes on the Gallery
    EA ID SassiLassi
    Gallery Link SassiLassi
  • psyktpsykt Posts: 1,168 Member
    edited October 2019
    Is it okay to use a house that I've already made?
    tumblr_oz7ve3uIkz1uz57gao1_540.jpg
    In progress, "Sitcom Mesquite." I'm not sure if this is what was meant by whimsy, but it makes me laugh.

I still want to play with the windows to see how close I can get to a smooth dark surface, and I hope to find something that will look like the old fashioned "bunny ears" antenna.

XjGjHOs.png

But mooooooommmmmm how do the little people get inside the box.

yvsSRsP.png
  • JojoMOMSTERJojoMOMSTER Posts: 1,957 Member
    omg @wendyology clever! the world is merely a sitcom!
  • MaryKupMaryKup Posts: 119 Member
    I would like to take Rippling Flats in Newcrest and yes I will make a family as well. I didn't notice a budget, is there one?
  • AllearsAllears Posts: 519 Member
    @MaryKup Since everyone is building different sized houses on different sized lots, there's no budget on this one. Enjoy the freedom to design as you like! :)
    Check out my homes on the Gallery
    EA ID SassiLassi
    Gallery Link SassiLassi
  • SimTresaSimTresa Posts: 3,210 Member
    edited October 2019
    I'm goingto challnge myself and take on Von-Windenburg Estate. I usually avoid the 64x64 lots. Not sure if I'm going to want to do a family too.
    Post edited by SimTresa on
    image.png
    @JojoMOMSTER Thanks! I think i need to make the family before I furnish the house.
  • psyktpsykt Posts: 1,168 Member
    I'll take "Rustic Residence" in Windenburg, if it's still available, and I might create a family as well.
    tumblr_oz7ve3uIkz1uz57gao1_540.jpg
  • HIGHER_DESIGNHIGHER_DESIGN Posts: 57 Member
    edited November 2019
    Redacted*
    Post edited by HIGHER_DESIGN on

BUILD OFFICIAL ENTRY FORM

CHALLENGE #130 - Whimsyville Residential
    FORUM ID:Taoron
    ORIGIN ID: Taoron24121
    LEVEL:
    SIMS 4 LOT NAME: Sandy Run, Newcrest
    NEW LOT LINK: Coop 'N Run: https://www.ea.com/games/the-sims/the-sims-4/pc/gallery/FAB23D5DFA9711E988F7267D47C7ADE4

LINK TO ENTRY SLIDESHOW: (REQUIRED - https://imgur.com/a/iU5B8vv

ENTRY DETAILS: Coop 'N Run: What I was looking to do was to create a home for the family of Chicken Little. (They will be uploaded as 'The Clucks' ) I created the 'Coop', which is Barn Styled, closed, personal dwelling area, of the Bedrooms, Baths and upstairs, the Theater. The rest of the home, with all of the glass, is the 'Run', containing communal areas, such as the Entertaining/Sitting Room, Kitchen, Dining and the Gym, Game Room and Den below, creating a Coop and Run. Hence the name.

There is a front patio for entertaining or lounging, as well, with a Grill and plenty of seating, and along the side of the home, more seating with a fire pit.

Thehome takes up the entire parcel, so there isn't any real landscaping to be done, and even if there was, they're chickens, and they have scratched it all up by now anyway. :P

SPACE FOR PICTURES:

jfjCCy2.png
    JTWdtHV.png

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top