Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

I think we are in the final years of sims 4.

I don't think Sims 4 is going to last forever .How things we're run this year We got two expansion packs, and two game pack this year .Also we got Occultss in two expansion packs. Mermaids in Island living, robots in University. The next years will be the same. They're going to keep making more big packs and add stuff from the previous game .Than Sims 5 will be announced.

Comments

• Jordan061102Jordan061102 Posts: 3,918 Member
    edited October 2019
    Yeah, I have this feeling too. Plus it's about time, finally! I'd be a liar if I say I'm not excited for TS5, but this time I'll wait reviews before buying it.
    Lu4ERme.gif
  • CK213CK213 Posts: 20,525 Member
    Make it so! :)
    The%20Goths.png?width=1920&height=1080&fit=bounds
  • elelunicyelelunicy Posts: 2,004 Member
    edited October 2019
    TS4 content is planned to mid-2022 at a minimum. Anyone who thinks TS4 will end before that is purely wishful thinking. SimGuruDuke also taunted about “5 more years” of TS4, which I think is the upper limit of how long TS4 will last. My guess is that last TS4 pack will be released somewhere between mid-2022 to mid-2024.
    qidpmcvgek8y.png
  • Horrorgirl6Horrorgirl6 Posts: 3,170 Member
    elelunicy wrote: »
    TS4 content is planned to mid-2022 at a minimum. Anyone who thinks TS4 will end before that is purely wishful thinking. SimGuruDuke also taunted about “5 more years” of TS4, which I think is the upper limit of how long TS4 will last. My guess is that last TS4 pack will be released somewhere between mid-2022 to mid-2024.
    I didn't mean it was going to end soon .I don't think it will be five years,but three more I can see.
  • cheescaekscheescaeks Posts: 902 Member
    i think we got about 2 years left. so yeah, i do think we're hitting the final years, but i wouldn't mind if we had another 5. i enjoy the game, and if they keep optimizing it to work smoothly then i have no complaints
  • Horrorgirl6Horrorgirl6 Posts: 3,170 Member
    cheescaeks wrote: »
    i think we got about 2 years left. so yeah, i do think we're hitting the final years, but i wouldn't mind if we had another 5. i enjoy the game, and if they keep optimizing it to work smoothly then i have no complaints

Im mixed ,I feel like sims 4 is my least favorite version, but I do enjoy it. I feel like if they keep adding good expansion packs, and things that are still missing. Why Sims 5 is being worked on .I feel like its a bittersweet win.
  • SimmyFroggySimmyFroggy Posts: 1,762 Member
    "final years" is quite vague. I mean, it could be final 5 years. or final 3. or final 7. :)

I think they pushed a ton of content this year due to demand (both from execs and Simmers) and because they wanted this year to be big, what with the two anniversaries (the TS4 one in September and the upcoming franchise one in early 2020). If they go back to 1 EP per year, I personally think 3 are not unfathomable. Sure, the popular ones from previous versions are mostly done but there's still Generations and a futuristic pack and then there's space for things that weren't done before.

But yeah, it will end eventually. Just maybe not as soon as some people hope. Then again, it will maybe be too soon for others, especially those who weren't there from 2014.
  • KaeChan2089KaeChan2089 Posts: 4,944 Member
    edited October 2019
    ...I hope so...the game has ran it's full welcome imo...it's far time to be done with it...

EDIT : Well let me explain why I think that, Yes I KNOW there are many things to be yet introduced , so it may to you that it is not far time it is done. I mean it is over stayed it's welcome with me, and even if there are new things coming to it...I am JUST not impressed anymore and I KNOW I won't ever be, so I want this installment to just stop already and go on to the next because this installment is a utter failure in my eyes and nothing can redeem it.
    Post edited by KaeChan2089 on
  • auroraael14auroraael14 Posts: 988 Member
    edited October 2019
    I'm betting on a sims 5 announcement middle to late next year with a 2021 release date. Probably towards the end of that year. A little sims intuition or wishful thinking.
    Check out my gallery for house builds! Username: aejp24
  • lilleefslilleefs Posts: 52 Member
    We do seem to be getting up to that point now where we have a lot of the things from previous games, albeit watered down versions. They do seem adamant that they want to keep releasing content though so my thoughts are we will see some never done before concepts to test the water as well as more patches while they are working on 5. I’m ‘team ready to move on’ personally but I do want them to take their time with building 5’s engine since I think another flop will turn a lot of unsatisfied players off the series all together. It’s exciting to think about though :smiley:
  • Sk8rblazeSk8rblaze Posts: 7,570 Member
    I hope so!

For me, it's as simple as this. The game arrived fragmented beyond belief for a base game. Some of the patches (such as the toddler patch) made it a lot better, but the majority of DLC packs only hindered it from being its best. This wasn't the iteration to stretch out longer than TS3.

After TS4, I certainly have less trust in EA to create a good experience for this franchise, but I simply think more can be done with a new base game rather than continue dragging out this one.
  • Lady_BalloraLady_Ballora Posts: 784 Member

By that time,people will have gotten so sick and tired of Sims 4 that they would of most likely moved on to other games that aren't Sims 4. Sims 1 didn't last forever....neither did Sims 2 or Sims 3. If EA has any good business sense,they'll know to end Sims 4 in 2020-2021,and to start on Sims 5. To keep Sims 4 going on until 2024 would not be a smart business move-in fact,EA could lose money and loyal customers if they kept Sims 4 going on for many more years. I think EA is smart enough to end Sims 4 soon and move on to Sims 5.
    Why do you hide inside these walls?
  • KaeChan2089KaeChan2089 Posts: 4,944 Member

By that time,people will have gotten so sick and tired of Sims 4 that they would of most likely moved on to other games that aren't Sims 4. Sims 1 didn't last forever....neither did Sims 2 or Sims 3. If EA has any good business sense,they'll know to end Sims 4 in 2020-2021,and to start on Sims 5. To keep Sims 4 going on until 2024 would not be a smart business move-in fact,EA could lose money and loyal customers if they kept Sims 4 going on for many more years. I think EA is smart enough to end Sims 4 soon and move on to Sims 5.

it kinda pees me off they didn't bother to stretch out the previous versions long like this one..WOULD LOVE to have new content for TS2
  • justlexijustlexi Posts: 57 Member
    If this true then I am excited for what The Sims 5 have in store for us, I hope that it will be as good as the storyline of The Sims 2.
  • ChadSims2ChadSims2 Posts: 5,090 Member
    edited October 2019
    Seeing as @SimGuruDuke only replaced @SimGuruGrant in late April I'd say our final years to come is at least 3+ unless they push out another incomplete game and hide behind the "live service" again as a reason they put out a barebones game.

Sims 4 went from "You Rule" to "One of the stories we want you to tell"
  • SimmyFroggySimmyFroggy Posts: 1,762 Member

I don't agree. There are people still playing TS2 and TS3 and aren't in the slightest bored with it. TS3 is getting an update to be playable on Macs, this wouldn't be done if it didn't still have players. Aspyr also updated their version of TS2 to be playable on Macs' new OS. And Mac players are most definitely not the majority.

It's not always about the next shiny new thing. They know their audience and who's buying and playing what. Sure, there's a demand for TS5 but there's also still a demand for TS4, including for new content.
  • rudy8292rudy8292 Posts: 3,410 Member
    Personally I can't wait for this disaster to end, so the sooner the better. But please dear lord, I hope they take the time they need to make a good base game instead of rushing another half baked mess out the door.

So even if it takes 2 years or even 3 years, I wouldn't mind. But I am happy to know that every day with the Sims 4 is a day closer to the Sims 5.
  • rhaliusrhalius Posts: 446 Member
    Either way like with sims 4, I will not buy it untill it's on sale and a few big expansions are out.

Unless it's really disappointing of course, then I may not buy it at all. I had no intention of buying sims 3 untill they fixed things up adequately enough but I still miss having sims with personality and many other features.
  • SimKonfettiSimKonfetti Posts: 1,361 Member
    Yeah, I have this feeling too. Plus it's about time, finally! I'd be a liar if I say I'm not excited for TS5, but this time I'll wait reviews before buying it.

I hope it will be really new, perhaps have some new lifestages and/or gradual aging. I hope there will be revolutions with TS5, they need to make up for the joke that The Sims has become with TS4. And I do like the game, don't get me wrong, I do play it, but I just think it's boring while I still can play TS3 hours on end.
  • rudy8292rudy8292 Posts: 3,410 Member
    Also, I hope when it comes to The Sims 5 they will start using Motion Capture for all the animations instead of handcrafting every single animation. It's much quicker and this way they can focus their resources in other areas instead of animations all the time.
    It's funny to see how everytime somebody wishes TS4 to end soon he/she is always considered as a heretic by other simmers.
    Lu4ERme.gif
  • nightowl1nightowl1 Posts: 89 Member
    Gosh I hope so, make way for some much needed improvement. And FREE THE BABIES. If the Sims 4 timeline ends and we haven't got freed babies, I expect them to make it up to us instead of keeping those little munchkins trapped in cribs. Those babies need justice.
  • MidnightAuraMidnightAura Posts: 5,809 Member
    It most likely is in its final years, it won’t last forever and new technology advances, desire to get a new audience will play a part. I don’t think though that a sims 5 is going to be any better.

Sim Guru Duke spoke of how terrified employees were when he spoke of the potential for five more years- that’s very telling.

EA are never going to announce when the sims 4 is ending, they will keep repeating more years to come even if that’s not the case. I think it will probably end 2020 or 2021.
    It most likely is in its final years, it won’t last forever and new technology advances, desire to get a new audience will play a part. I don’t think though that a sims 5 is going to be any better.

Sim Guru Duke spoke of how terrified employees were when he spoke of the potential for five more years- that’s very telling.

EA are never going to announce when the sims 4 is ending, they will keep repeating more years to come even if that’s not the case. I think it will probably end 2020 or 2021.

Exactly, people don't understand but EA is smart. If they tell us, TS4 gonna end in 1 year, will you guys really continue to buy it? Not sure. Simmers always say ''TS4 has its potential'' even after 5 years. This one & only sentence is the reason why they still keep saying us there's many years, cause they know you still have hope things will change, so you continue buying.
    Lu4ERme.gif
  • SlayeurTownSlayeurTown Posts: 211 Member
    I actually have a feeling that University is the last expansion pack.