Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

The Sims 4 Discover University Expansion Pack - Orientation video

Comments

• DannydanboDannydanbo Posts: 18,057 Member
    Dannydanbo wrote: »
    Wrenry wrote: »
    The flying box near the end has me very intrigued. A type of Servo or fancy back pack.

If you're talking about the one that looks like a vacuum cleaner, there is a bow tie symbol on the front of it. Could be a butlerbot.

I think it's a new stereo that can hover in the air.

Then why does it have a bow tie on the front and I've never seen music waves coming out of it, Just hovering and confetti.

I could have sworn I saw musical notes coming out of it in the trailer.

I went back and checked the trailer. In the bar scene, there is a floating bot next to a jukebox. I thought the music was coming from the jukebox. If you look to the left, there is another floating bot near the bar and, if you look quickly, you can see music notes coming from it too. My apologies, I was wrong.
  • MadTinkerer_101_MadTinkerer_101_ Posts: 6 New Member
    Awsome servo
  • catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,395 Member
    Wrenry wrote: »
    The flying box near the end has me very intrigued. A type of Servo or fancy back pack.

If you're talking about the one that looks like a vacuum cleaner, there is a bow tie symbol on the front of it. Could be a butlerbot.

I think it's a new stereo that can hover in the air.

Then why does it have a bow tie on the front and I've never seen music waves coming out of it, Just hovering and confetti.

I could have sworn I saw musical notes coming out of it in the trailer.

I went back and checked the trailer. In the bar scene, there is a floating bot next to a jukebox. I thought the music was coming from the jukebox. If you look to the left, there is another floating bot near the bar and, if you look quickly, you can see music notes coming from it too. My apologies, I was wrong.

A little taste of an Into The Future Pack.
  • GogoTomatoGogoTomato Posts: 17 Member
    Robots are the new service sims/items ;___; RIP Bonehilda. They could have brought her back with Vampires.
    GogoTomato wrote: »
    Robots are the new service sims/items ;___; RIP Bonehilda. They could have brought her back with Vampires.

Didn't servos come before Bonehilda?
  • friendsfan367friendsfan367 Posts: 29,362 Member
    preoreded today. people should never tell me i don't need that much food. i got 2 cards
  • LuvMySimzLuvMySimz Posts: 642 Member
    edited October 2019
    LiELF wrote: »
    LiELF wrote: »
    Busufu wrote: »
    Is it already known whether Sims can also use bicycles in other worlds?

we can't

Source?

i don't know who said it. i got the news from just reading through posts.

I believe there hasn't been any official information on this yet. If it was a claim made by a forum member, it's not official and may not be true.

i would love bikes. for everyone.

I think a lot of people would, and hopefully bikes can be used throughout other worlds. The thing is though, this is a pack about University, which means predominantly Young Adults. It's really not realistic for people to expect anything that caters to kids or toddlers. It's about college life so it just wouldn't make sense to budget gameplay for kids because that would water down the features that fit with the theme. But maybe there will be another family pack in the future if enough players want it.

didn't sims3 have kids bikes? not arguing i actually agree but my sims3 game is almost impossible to play so can't remember.

I‘m pretty sure that LittleMisSam or someone else will create a Mod if bikes are only for the Uni world teenagers. She created a few mods for C&D to also show in other worlds and even NPC dog walkers. Also for kids to be able to walk a dog. That is for people who use mods of course. I still hope that bikes are regularly available for all worlds from teenager through elders.

Would really love to see elders ride bikes and gain fitness skills, bc there is sooo little to do for them. In RL the assumption of elders whom would only sit in a rocking chair knitting is long gone.
    „ - Criticism may not be agreeable, but it's sometimes necessary - “

• BusufuBusufu Posts: 1,966 Member
    LuvMySimz wrote: »

I‘m pretty sure that LittleMisSam or someone else will create a Mod if bikes are only for the Uni world teenagers. She created a few mods for C&D to also show in other worlds and even NPC dog walkers. Also for kids to be able to walk a dog. That is for people who use mods of course. I still hope that bikes are regularly available for all worlds from teenager through elders.

Would really love to see elders ride bikes and gain fitness skills, bc there is sooo little to do for them. In RL the assumption of elders whom would only sit in a rocking chair knitting is long gone.

Yeah, but also think about all Simmers who don't use mods and don't intend to :( . I hope so much that the bikes are not only for the university worlds!!!! o:)

Sul Sul!
    On my blog (German) you'll find two completed vampire stories 🦇 and an ongoing ghost story 👻.
    I'm also posting about my I'm surrounded by idi🤪ts! - challenge, in which I've now reached gen 9.
    Thanks for stopping by! 👋

Yeah, but also think about all Simmers who don't use mods and don't intend to :( . I hope so much that the bikes are not only for the university worlds!!!! o:)

I sure hope so too! 🚲

• catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,395 Member

If they are if Britechester can be visited by any sim just have your sim visit and bike there.
  • RouensimsRouensims Posts: 4,858 Member
    Is this a new hairstyle?
    48965896517_fbc05d8c36.jpg
    Ooh Be Gah!! Whipna Choba-Dog? Whipna Choba-Dog!! :smiley:
  • IrdiwenIrdiwen Posts: 574 Member
    I think so, yes.
    Simmer since 2000! Sims 1, Sims, 2, Sims 3, Sims 4. Legacy player at heart.
  • RebeccaThurstonRebeccaThurston Posts: 234 Member
    I am not too concerned about what is and is not included. I am just happy that my sims can go to University at all because it means that I can finally age up my toddlers, children, and teens and get them going on the rest of their lives.
  • LSM36LSM36 Posts: 593 Member
    Shower Woohoooooooooooooooo!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    FINALLY!!! Also, I'm oddly interesting in the new stall options. Would go really well in some builds. Will there be a blank college world too, so we can build our own?
    Check out my posts in the Ideas corner, and see the Simsverse living inside my head. :blush:
    *interested
    Check out my posts in the Ideas corner, and see the Simsverse living inside my head. :blush:
    We CAN BE TEACHERS!
  • GoldmoldarGoldmoldar Posts: 11,966 Member
    Dakota88 wrote: »
    Writin_Reg wrote: »
    So no bunk beds, they would have probably put them in the trailer if there were any. :( I am really sad about that.
    I see bunk beds and think kids - I don't know many adults that want to sleep on bunkbed. It such a punishment as i never see comfortable or even long enough bunk beds for any one but kids. It does not mean they won't be in the game but I would not be interested. My students need a comfy bed so they don't need as much sleep in University. To get a long enough bunk would take as much room as a twin bed which are comfortable. My money goes on the twin beds.

I would have guessed the game is not made specifically for you, as lots of other people would be very interested in bunk beds, including myself.

Apart from that I agree: bunk beds are rather for kids (and I would mainly use them in family gameplay) and they would have been perfect in Parenthood or Kids Stuff Pack or toddler stuff, but as they didn't come with these packs, people figured they might come with University. So it's kind of sad they didn't. So when will they finally come?

Not so true as the military utilizes bunkbeds because you can fit more to an room even if for adults they are less stylish than the ones made for the children.
    Omen by HP Intel®️ Core™️ i9- 12900K W/ RGB Liquid Cooler 32GB Nvidia RTX 3080 10Gb ASUS Ultra-Wide 34" Curved Monitor. Omen By HP Intel® Core™ i7-12800HX 32 GB Nvidia 3070 Ti 8 GB 17.3 Screen
  • GoldmoldarGoldmoldar Posts: 11,966 Member
    Aine wrote: »
    Now we just have to wait and see what isn't included and what's locked to the world. I'm not hopping on any train just yet.

Yeah have to wait for the train to come into the station. :)
    Omen by HP Intel®️ Core™️ i9- 12900K W/ RGB Liquid Cooler 32GB Nvidia RTX 3080 10Gb ASUS Ultra-Wide 34" Curved Monitor. Omen By HP Intel® Core™ i7-12800HX 32 GB Nvidia 3070 Ti 8 GB 17.3 Screen
  • 911TruthBear911TruthBear Posts: 626 Member

About doggone time! I have only been waiting for this expansion since Sims 4 premiered in 2014! :) But I will say that it's great that they finally figured out how to have ridable bikes!
  • erimurpheyerimurphey Posts: 173 Member
    LSM36 wrote: »
    Shower Woohoooooooooooooooo!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    FINALLY!!! Also, I'm oddly interesting in the new stall options. Would go really well in some builds. Will there be a blank college world too, so we can build our own?

I wondered if we could be our own colleges too. That would make me ecstatic. I plan to create fraternities and sororities with the Get Together club system too.

Sul Sul!

Origin i.d.: erimurphey
  • iliekponieziliekponiez Posts: 455 Member
    Robots robots ROBOTS! Finally!
    Goldmoldar wrote: »
    Writin_Reg wrote: »
    So no bunk beds, they would have probably put them in the trailer if there were any. :( I am really sad about that.
    I see bunk beds and think kids - I don't know many adults that want to sleep on bunkbed. It such a punishment as i never see comfortable or even long enough bunk beds for any one but kids. It does not mean they won't be in the game but I would not be interested. My students need a comfy bed so they don't need as much sleep in University. To get a long enough bunk would take as much room as a twin bed which are comfortable. My money goes on the twin beds.

I would have guessed the game is not made specifically for you, as lots of other people would be very interested in bunk beds, including myself.

Apart from that I agree: bunk beds are rather for kids (and I would mainly use them in family gameplay) and they would have been perfect in Parenthood or Kids Stuff Pack or toddler stuff, but as they didn't come with these packs, people figured they might come with University. So it's kind of sad they didn't. So when will they finally come?

Not so true as the military utilizes bunkbeds because you can fit more to an room even if for adults they are less stylish than the ones made for the children.

Stylish or not, I would’ve loved to get them as a first basic for my military crew with the SV pack same as the single military bed they gave us. Maybe they should take a look at the many CC bunkbed files out there to get an idea of how to create them?

• iDxnutiDxnut Posts: 1 New Member
    The release date for pc and Mac is 15 November but console is somewhere December
    IMO the excitement for Uni is dying down rather quickly which surprises me as there was always so much speculation that Uni would be the next pack every time an EP was thought to be coming. Now, the number of posts have fallen off to just bunk beds and bike riding and shower woohoo. They need to release something, another trailer or screen shots, to get and keep the hype going.
  • Felicity1169Felicity1169 Posts: 592 Member
    IMO the excitement for Uni is dying down rather quickly which surprises me as there was always so much speculation that Uni would be the next pack every time an EP was thought to be coming. Now, the number of posts have fallen off to just bunk beds and bike riding and shower woohoo. They need to release something, another trailer or screen shots, to get and keep the hype going.

In a way I think that might be a good thing, or at least for the creators of the pack. When Realm of Magic came out there was a lot of speculation and discussion but the end result disappointed a lot of people. So maybe people just don't want to get their hopes up too much...