Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Is this a hint for The Sims 5? Mysterious new arch in Build/Buy

lilleefslilleefs Posts: 52 Member
I looked all over but couldn't find a topic about this!
So this probably seems crazy and I'm probably way off BUT I know the devs like to leave hints so this is just a theory;

I'm sure everyone noticed the new windows and matching arch that came with the last update, but am I the only one that thinks they don't really match TS4's art style at all ? Also the arch comes with this description, which I can only think relates to the past present and future of The Sims:

gzv91p4.jpg

It states "The first prototype didn't open" - possibly referring to the lack of customisation in Sims 1?
"The second prototype refined the concept by making a hole" - opening up that customisation to us in Sims 2?
"The third prototype increased the size of the hole" - Sims 3's open world?
"The fourth prototype removed the sharp edges that were causing an increase in workplace related accidents" - Sims 4's removal of the open world and things like Create-a-style to improve playability?
and then finally, "The fifth, Arch E, should be great ..." - Potentially talking about the 5th iteration of The Sims??? Could Arch E even be the codename? As in Arch-itectural game E? I remember Sims 1 having a similar name early in development. I could be reading into that too much, though.

However, considering we have seen some maybe job listings for the new Maxis team and there is at least 3 years of planned content left, giving them plenty of time to develop a new base game, to me this kind of confirms something is definitely going on. There has to be a reason they mention 4 prototypes, the same amount of games we have now.

Am I seeing things or could there really be something to it?? :D
Post edited by lilleefs on

Comments

• ddd994ddd994 Posts: 418 Member
    Ooooooo interesting theory!

Isn’t the Sim guru that does the free patch stuff, the same one working on sims 5 also??

I thought the names and descriptions sounded weird and or cryptic for those new windows, I just assumed it had something to do with the whole Muslim thing? But sims 5?? Would that mean it could be coming much sooner than they’ve been saying?
  • TheIntrovertSimmerTheIntrovertSimmer Posts: 641 Member
    oh god, such a great find, this is brilliant!
    y'all got bread?
  • lilleefslilleefs Posts: 52 Member
    edited October 2019
    @ddd994 I have no idea!! is that true the thing about the SimGuru ???? that would be even more reason to believe this could actually be something!!! :smiley:

The new things definitely do seem out of place, like next to TS4 objects they're so ... slim??? I guess they could be part of the inclusiveness they have been trying to add (I'm not sure if they said anything about them on a livestream and I missed it or something), but the descriptions!! They must have been written all cryptic for a reason?

I don't know what their plan is, but they have done this kind of bait and switch many times in the past :D

Edit: @TheIntrovertSimmer has blessed this thread, I can die happy now. :smiley:
  • KaeChan2089KaeChan2089 Posts: 4,944 Member
    I hope SO much! I am so ready to move on to the sims 5...hopefully it not being like this installment.
  • Sigzy05Sigzy05 Posts: 19,406 Member
    edited October 2019
    That's really cool. I have never noticed that....it does seem to be hinting at a fifth sims.

This: "removed the sharp edges that were causing an increase in workplace related accidents"; could be referring to the removal of features, in the fourth iteration, that were caused bad performance in the third.
    mHdgPlU.jpg?1
  • izecsonizecson Posts: 2,875 Member
    It's cool and believable enough
    ihavemultiplegamertags
    @KaeChan2089 - Me too :'( really hoping the next game isn't going to be like this childrens game of the wiggles and teletubbies we have now :D it's too simplified even for kids :s

@Sigzy05 - That's exactly it !!! And also the lack of literal sharp edges, no burglars or anything remotely negative :D It all adds up so much when you think about it :smiley:
  • bella_gothbella_goth Posts: 1,770 Member
    edited November 2020
    Deleted
    Post edited by bella_goth on
    @bellagoth_ oooooo everyone getting excited is making me excited too now !!! :D maybe "should be great" means they have carefully listened to everyones feedback and TS5 will be augmented reality and online versus multiplayer only and they're 80% sure we're gonna love it ;):D:D
  • orangehippogrifforangehippogriff Posts: 946 Member
    I really think this is a very sneaky hint! I'm fine with three more years of Sims 4, but I'm excited to see what's next
  • akasevenakaseven Posts: 279 Member
    oooow this really mean something, i love the references of the past generations....
  • DoodlyDoofusDoodlyDoofus Posts: 1,177 Member
    My guess, EA is telling the truth about Sims 4 having at least 3 years of content left........

Which is why Sims 5 will exist at the same time as Sims 4. I see this every console generation. We're on the Playstation 4 and third Xbox right? Well there's still gamers demanding games be made for their Playstation 3 and Xbox 360's, even though those consoles were officially replaced 6 years ago. Same thing goes for Sims players, we're 5 years into Sims 4 and I STILL see people going "BUT YOU COULD JUST MAKE MORE EXPANSION PACKS FOR SIMS 3!!!!" then complaining about how EA hates them because EA wants to head onto a new game. EA knows they need something BIG for some BIG money, so Sims 5! Get a bunch of us to flock to it because it's new, but they know there'll be people who'll coddle their Sims 4's until Sims 6 comes out. So.......................Why not play both fields? When you think about it, Expansion packs would still cost less for EA to produce than a full brand new game, so while I DO have doubts that EA would do this because they stingy as all hell, they could easily throw a little more money into Sims 4 expansions while they pool the REAL budget into Sims 5. That way, we get a new game and the people who refuse to let go of the older games will think EA actually cares about them.

It's kinda farfetched really, because EA spending MORE money? But at the same time, I think they could make it work.
    @orangehippogriff - me too!! Hoping the next game delivers something that wows everyone, like when Sims 2 and 3 were shown for the first few times 🤩 it is intriguing to see what they’ll do for another 3 years of content though now that we have most of our main packs released :smiley:

@DoodlyDoofus - 😆😆😆 I like this theory. Considering the percentage of mostly older players that were disappointed with the way this particular game panned out, (no shade to those who are enjoying it still I’m sure there are many) what if they’re now trying to do something to seemingly please everyone? Will they make a game that isn’t for windows 97 pc’s and children age 3 now while the sims 4 can continue to fill that gap for those involved? Or is it going to be a whole different game entirely and that’s why they might not mind having two games out at once? Maybe they’re rubbing their hands together at the thought of capturing back the half of the market that want a game with more depth and realism and less push ups in the middle of the street. Or maybe it will be VR online multiplayer 😆
    They’re definitely stingy, but they must have some money put away; how much can it really cost to add talking toilets and a new poster every EP 😆 maybe they’ve been saving up all along and that’s why we have been paying for much more than we’ve been getting?
  • mikamika Posts: 1,733 Member
    I was skeptical going into this thread but the description is convincing enough. Its possible they're referencing a fifth iteration, though I dont think we will be seeing it for the next two years.
  • BabykittyjadeBabykittyjade Posts: 4,975 Member
    That description is amazing lol.
    But there is no reason for them to end the franchise when people love it (in general) I have no doubt there will be a sims 5. I'm just not ready for this to end until they add what it's missing. I'm not excited because I have to start from scratch again from square one collecting. And it will be years waiting for expansions again.
    But the hint is pretty cool lol.
    Zombies, oh please oh please give us zombies!! :'(
  • Jordan061102Jordan061102 Posts: 3,918 Member
    But there is no reason for them to end the franchise when people love it (in general) I have no doubt there will be a sims 5. I'm just not ready for this to end until they add what it's missing. I'm not excited because I have to start from scratch again from square one collecting. And it will be years waiting for expansions again.

I can understand but it has been like that for every iterations. By the way I can't wait for TS4 to end.
    Lu4ERme.gif
  • nerdfashionnerdfashion Posts: 5,947 Member
    Whoa whoa whoa... why does this make so much sense :D
    funny-gifs20.gif

• Charlotta11Charlotta11 Posts: 399 Member
    might be! This also makes me scared cuz there is so much sims 4 still needs like create a world tool,swimming in other worlds, better babies and cars that i wish and think they would add. Idk if theres even time to add those things. year ago they said sims 4 have at least 3 more year so by now , theres only 2. I mean if it take them 4-5 years for laptops and few color watches to add...
    i'm not waiting same scenario than whit sims 4. I just don't think sims 5 would be magical and won't face same issues than sims 4. Hope i'm wrong tho :
    11.3.2019_1.06.18.png
  • FreezerBunnyCowplantFreezerBunnyCowplant Posts: 3,957 Member
    This is definitely a hint to Sims 5
    a256aFi.gif
  • KaeChan2089KaeChan2089 Posts: 4,944 Member

I can understand but it has been like that for every iterations. By the way I can't wait for TS4 to end.

Hear hear...

• doogeriedoogerie Posts: 765 Member
    You may be on to something here I think the Sims 5 is closer than the Gurus say it is just because they have 3 years on content that they could put into the game dose not mean that they will. Next here is the 20th anaversery of the Sims and most of us are expecting somthing BIG and what’s bigger then a new game coming out.
  • SindocatSindocat Posts: 5,622 Member
    I think you are overreaching.

You are correct that there wasn't much matching that arch when the content patch went live... but that is why it was added. Rather than wait for a Near Eastern/North African pack, introducing a broader range of (to be honest rather limited) architectural elements alongside Middle Eastern traditional attire makes sense. The story was made up to give a reason why it's named Archie, that's all.
  • rudy8292rudy8292 Posts: 3,410 Member
    edited October 2019
    I doubt we will hear anything about The Sims 5 soon.
    The Sims 5 is in development, for sure, no doubt, but I hope they take all the time they need to develop a great foundation from the start and not release another half baked (base) game.

Normally they announce a new game like 1/1,5 years before release, but I seriously doubt it will even be announced next year.

However it would be great if they come out and say they are actively working on the next generation of the Sims though. This way they can work together with the community to create a game people really want. There isn't much use of feedback and ideas when the game is already deep down in development.

I really wonder what the ''gimmick'' of the Sims 5 will be though.
    Post edited by rudy8292 on
  • Horrorgirl6Horrorgirl6 Posts: 3,170 Member
    It'll probably "bee all the good stuff you love from all the games are in one.Welcolme to the sims forever".