Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Sims 4 Spooktacular Gift Exchange- Gifting is Open!

Comments

• ADWilsonADWilson Posts: 6,755 Member
    Robert looks like a fun Sim to play @nerdfashion B)
  • SkymystSkymyst Posts: 3,888 Member
    edited October 2019
    Sims 4 “Spooktacular” Gift Exchange
    My Buddy is ..... Taoron

Taoron,
    Since you made it clear you did not play much I was freaking out a bit at first. BUT … After some thought and help from our host I decided to do two gifts for you. This is your first one, since you love to build, I thought what better thing to do then a build challenge.
    You mission (if you want it) is to “create” the build in this story using the following requirements.

A Spooktacular Build Challenge

You need to build the creepy haunted house at the end of the block from the story below.

Background

Betty and her friends Mary, Jane and Sue were high-school students who grew up together in the town of Willow Creek. One day a new student, named Tina, came to town and became fast friends with the girls.

The girls did lots of sleepovers always bouncing from one girls house or another. On this particular night they were staying with Betty. As they all sat around in the pjs and fuzzy slipper talking about boys, clothes and the horrible new gym teacher; Betty’s grandmother came into the room with tea and crackers for the girls. Betty’s grandmother smiled at the new girl and turned to Betty and asked, “Did you tell your new friend about the house at the end of the block?”, she asked softly. Betty scrunched up her nose in and shook her head quickly. “No Nanna, will you tell her?” Sure dear, everyone gather around and let me tell you a tale my mother once told me.

The house at the end of the block was once owned by a famous family called the Derkin’s. There was 4 of them father Derkin was called Thomas or Tom by his friends. His wife Karen was an amazing cook whose pies were legendary around town. They had two children a teenage daughter named Samantha and a younger son called Tyler. Thomas owned several restaurants around town. The family was well known and loved by all …. Except one. James was Tom’s brother and he hated his brother! He hated his money, the fact that he was well liked and that he always got everything James wanted … Including Karen! One day when the family slept sound James came into the house and slaughtered them all in horrible ways.

Since then it is said they family of 4 are in that house still, trapped in the “in-between” unable to ever find peace!

Requirements

1) Needs to be built in the town of Willow Creek
    2) Must have at least 3 bedrooms and 2 baths
    3) You have a budget of 100k
    4) You can use any DLC pack you own
    5) Custom Content is not allowed
    6) It needs to have a really nice kitchen, since Karen was a well-known chef.
    7) Any number of floors you want but it needs to have a basement (after all what haunted house doesn’t have a creepy basement).

For inspiration ....

23haunted14-articleLarge.jpg?quality=75&auto=webp&disable=upscale
  • TaoronTaoron Posts: 2,031 Member
    edited October 2019
    @Skymyst I started lol'ing at the first paragraph. Challenge accepted. Wonderful back story. I shall endeavor to bring it to life. Thank you!

Oh...I just saw the pic. Another Second Empire build.....the last one cost me $200k. I'll see what happens.
  • SkymystSkymyst Posts: 3,888 Member
    @Taoron I am glad you liked the challenge. It does not have to be an Empire building the picture was just to give you an idea of what I meant by "a haunted house at the end of the block". You are welcome to make it any style you wish just try to stick to the "haunted house" theme.

I do have one more gift for you but I still need to get some pictures and finish a few finally touches. I hope to have it posted for you tomorrow or Monday at the latest.
    @Skymyst Oh...the pic was inspiring. I want to see if I can stay in budget with a similar style. I wanted to try my hand at a second one anyway. The one I did for the Spooktacular was my first.
  • Mystik1978Mystik1978 Posts: 1,613 Member
    edited October 2019
    My Buddy is ..... @illusie

Dear Illusie,
    I was thrilled when I got your name! You are such a sweet person and while I don’t “know you, know you” I have seen you around for years. I have found memories of all my different contest and all of the amazing entries you would often do. I always smile when I see your name pop up and I must check out your creations.

On the downside I am not that great of a builder and I was worried about what type of gift I could do for you that you could use and that would not pale to badly compared to your own builds. As you know I am a role-player and I love a good back story so of course I had to sit down with pen and paper in hand and write you a story!

I have several gifts coming for you but they all kind of go together in one way or another. Setting this up took way longer then I was expected so I most likely won't get your second gift up until tomorrow sometime. But without further delay ......

Your first gift is a new couple just starting out. There is two download versions of them. They first is straight out of CAS Story so you can start fresh with them. The second they have started their lives together, living in an apartment and saving to buy their own home; so they come with “some things” which I will not spoil and leave for you to discover.

So I present to you ….. Daryll & Janet Weisinta

sims-4-daryll-weisinta.jpg?w=1024

Household Version 1 – A Un-played Upload Fresh Outta CAS Story.

Download Link: Weisinta Household - Version 1

Daryll Weisinta (Young Adult)
    Aspiration: City Native
    Bonus Trait: Home Turf
    Traits: Good, Bookworm

Janet Weisinta (Young Adult)
    Aspiration: Best Selling Author
    Bonus Trait: Muser
    Traits: Cheerful, Family Oriented

sims-4-janet-weisinta.jpg?w=1024

Household Version 2 – A Partially Played Version – With Skills and “Other Stuff”
    Download Link: Weisinta Household - Version 2

Daryll Weisinta (Young Adult)
    Aspiration: Soulmate
    Bonus Trait: Home Turf
    Traits: Good, Bookworm, Neat

Janet Weisinta (Young Adult)
    Aspiration: Super Parent
    Bonus Trait: Muser
    Traits: Cheerful, Family Oriented, Foodie

Sims 4 “Spooktacular” Gift Exchange 2019

10-09-19_2-25-53-am.png?w=1024

Prelude

Growing up Janet & Daryll both went to the same school together. It was a classic case of “the boy next door”. As kids they use to do everything together. They would spend all day running around in town together laughing and just hanging out. Janet had big dreams of becoming a famous writer. She loved stories of all kinds and would tell Daryll about some of her ideas and story plots. He would always listen to her with interest and even would give some feedback such as other ending options. He has big dreams of being an investigator or maybe even a spy, something with adventure and nice paychecks.

Regardless what their dreams where they made a pact to always be there for each other no matter what they did in life or what path they took. Together forever no matter what! And such was the case for many years ….

Then as they got older the two fell in different crowds. He was an amazing athlete joining all types of different sports and she was the nerd with her head in a book. During middle school he took her to their first dance, and she thought it was amazing! That was until the “popular kids” started making fun of her. Saying things like he just was with her because he felt bad for her, and such. She left the dance in tears, part of her hoped her would follow after her and tell her it didn’t matter what those other kids said. But as she sat there on the steps of the school crying her eyes out, he never came.

With the pressure was on him to stop hanging out with her because “it was bringing down his rep” he was torn between keeping his “together forever” promise or embarrassing this new life with the popular kids. The problem was he cared for her and it broke his heart to see her cry …. BUT, like many other sims he wanted to be with the popular crowd. At first, he started making excuses of why they couldn’t hang out or do this thing or that thing. Excuse after excuse came and they slipped further apart. By the time they were in high school they no longer talked to each other. He was the captain of the football team and she spent most of her time in the library doing research and writing her story she hoped to one day publish. While she wasn’t popular, she wasn’t really a loser either; in truth she was more like the girl most people didn’t notice. Not that she minded being the invisible one most of the time but every once in awhile she wished she had tons of friends and guys lining up to ask her out on dates and to the many dances the school always held each year. Of course, deep down she knew even then she wouldn’t be happy with “guys lining up” she only wanted one guy to line up. Awww, “well she didn’t need to go to her prom anyway”, she thought to herself as she jumped back into her studies.

As if the Universe heard her wish two days after Janet had been wishfully thinking of being invited to the prom by Daryll a strange thing happened. Daryll walked up to her at lunch, got down in his needs and said he was sorry for how he had treated her. He poured his heart out, he told her he was foolish to be so vain and that everyday he watched her and wished he could tell her about his day. He told her he did not care what others thought only what she thought, and he begged her to go to the prom with him. He reminder her of the pact they made as young kids long ago and he promised he would never make her cry again. He swore if she gave him another chance, he would spend the rest of his life proving to her how much she meant to him!

At first, she thought it was some kind of cruel joke him and his “friends” were playing on her. He swore that was not the case, but she refused to listen. Only he refused to give up, everyday for two weeks he would ask her to go to the prom with him and everyday she would tell him no and that it was not funny anymore, but he did not stop. Each day he asked how her days was, he wanted to know about her latest story and what she liked or didn’t like. He would say he “wanted to get to know her again”.

Almost as if some mystical force wanted them together, he refused to give up. Finally, the day of the big dance he showed up at her house with his tux on, a limo and a beautiful gold necklace with two small diamonds in it. He had been saving for weeks to buy it just for her it had the engagement “Daryll & Janet Forever” on it. As the tears ran down her cheek she fell into his arms and said yes, she would go to the dance with him but she did not have anything to wear. She never bought a dress because she did not think she was going to go. Not to fear he told her, and he called her mother outside. Her mother came with a huge white box tied with a pretty red bow. It turns out he told her mother how he felt about her and what had happened to the two of them all these years. Her mother knew deep down that they were meant to be together, so she spent the last few weeks sewing an amazing one of a kind red dress for her to wear to the prom.

That night they had the time of their life, the following day Daryll took her on a proper date out on the town to show the world how much he loved her. The dates were amazing, and they not only rekindled their friendship they turned it into something much much more.
    After dating for years after that prom night he finally talked her into marrying him, for which she did. Using their savings, they both had they were about to buy their own home in Willow Creek not too far from the city where both of their parents lived; but far enough they could be on their own.

The question now is will their love survive the rocky road of adulthood? Just what does the future hold for the two of them? Guess we will have to wait and see!

• friendsfan367friendsfan367 Posts: 29,362 Member
    My buddy was @friendsfan367, I couldn't understand your letter very well, so I'm sorry if you don't like this (please be honest about this btw, I'm always looking for ways to improve.) This is Robert Huntington, download here. zl86Rk4.png9SmzRXB.pngXMPs4ZA.pngJInhd1r.png

sorry about that. basically i a;ways need family houses but i wanted at least one sim because the benders is a story about people coming togther but just 2 weeks ago ehich unforunatley was probably about the time i started the letter themost shocking thing ever happend noel slapped lauren. then 2 days later she hit him back

i love big family homes modren style . and i decide maybe a few sims i know that gifting started already but i hope to get tomorrow of work so i can edit my letter beter. i need to cause i recently after gifting startd found out the experimental food thing i haven't ever used which was a question in the letter is glitched.
    My buddy was @friendsfan367, I couldn't understand your letter very well, so I'm sorry if you don't like this (please be honest about this btw, I'm always looking for ways to improve.) This is Robert Huntington, download here. zl86Rk4.png9SmzRXB.pngXMPs4ZA.pngJInhd1r.png

sorry about that. basically i a;ways need family houses but i wanted at least one sim because the benders is a story about people coming togther but just 2 weeks ago ehich unforunatley was probably about the time i started the letter themost shocking thing ever happend noel slapped lauren. then 2 days later she hit him back

i love big family homes modren style . and i decide maybe a few sims i know that gifting started already but i hope to get tomorrow of work so i can edit my letter beter. i need to cause i recently after gifting startd found out the experimental food thing i haven't ever used which was a question in the letter is glitched.

don;t panic if you don't hear about robert right away . hes going to uni . with the bender teens . noel and laurens kids 2 of whom are currently pulling fs in highschool . so got to work on getting their grades up.
  • AIRIS6962AIRIS6962 Posts: 5,611 Member
    edited October 2019
    @Mystik1978 , Daryll & Janet Weisinta is a gorgeous couple that @illusie is going to love for sure.
    @Skymyst , a very clever and creative gift! Well done!
    Post edited by AIRIS6962 on
  • illusieillusie Posts: 13,816 Member
    @Skymyst, such a wonderful challenge! I love the story. It's very creative and I love it <3

@Mystik1978, thank you for the kind words. I've seen you around too. Thank you very much making the couple for me! Daryll & Jane and look great! I love their outfits. As you know I am a builder, and I'm not good with coming up with background stories for my sims so I really love the gift you made for me <3 I love the story you wrote! Such a touching love story. I'm looking forward to play with them, and am curious about the second version of them which you uploaded after playing with them.

The gift that I´m going to present right now is not for my buddy, but for my "gordita linda".
    She is more than a friend to me, is like my other daugther.
    There is a long story behind that gift, that I´m not going to tell in depth. I only will tell that I started to build it in my old laptop, went on with it in my first new laptop and I finished it in my second new laptop (the old laptop and the first new laptop broke. Bad luck)
    @illusie , here you are El Día Más Feliz, and I hope that you and your sims will be happy playing it:
    8Mhfx0o.jpg

PICS:
    https://imgur.com/a/9UsLXBI

DOWNLOAD:
    https://www.ea.com/es-es/games/the-sims/the-sims-4/pc/gallery/6E781BCAF88C11E98BD2303966EC7D90?

The Happiest Day is a romantic and luxurious place,decorated with gorgeous artwork by our dear #roseymow, which offers everything your sims might need to look perfect at a wedding, whether they are the bride and groom or just the guests.Or even get married,if they can't wait.By #Airis6962 for #giftexchange2019 #NoCC #MOO #Playtested. ACTIVE bb.moveobjects ON before placing.

@AIRIS6962, wow that looks amazing! I love it!! <3 I already downloaded it in my game and am excited about trying it out! It looks beautiful and elegant. Thank you so much!! {hugs}
    edited October 2019
    My Buddy is ..... @Gwiniel

Dear Gwiniel,

I'm your buddy! When I was reading your letter I knew just what to make for you. You love Victorian houses and I love to build them, so that is a perfect match :) I had a lot of fun creating this gift for you and hope you like it.

Madam Red
    This is a 4 bedroom family home. I've used custom art by roseymow.

More pictures
    Download link

TaQXTQa.png
    XnfoQL7.png
    edited October 2019
    My second buddy is.... @Mystik1978

Dear Mystik,

When I heard one of the buddies was unable to make a gift I offered to help. Which is why I had not 1 buddy but 2 buddies. I thought it is a lovely coincidence that you had me as your buddy <3 Thanks again for the lovely couple you made for me.
    In your letter you said you love ROM. I don't have that pack, but made a house I think would suit for a spellcaster family. I hope you'll like this house.

Mystik Manor

This is a Halloween themed victorian house with 5 bedrooms. Which give you plenty of space for a family.

More pictures
    Download

pCDB0W4.png
    Wge8tq7.png

Gorgeous victorian homes, @illusie !
    @AIRIS6962 thank you very much <3
    @AIRIS6962 A. May. Zing!

@illusie Wonderful old Vic. That would even look great with a little farm behind it. So pretty and versitile. Great work. And the second one! I just saw that too. Really cool!
    @taoron, thank you very much. You are right, it would look great as a farmhouse.
  • ADWilsonADWilson Posts: 6,755 Member
    @Skymyst That looks like an intriguing challenge for Taoron (and others!).

@Mystik1978 Daryll and Janet have quite the story behind them and are sure to have quite the adventure ahead of them!

@AIRIS6962 Your wedding cake build is stunning!

@illusie Your skill at building Victorians is something to see!
    OMG @illusie First of all thank you for stepping in when my buddy stepped out. I know real life can mess with the best laid plans! Addie is correct your skills at building Victorians are EPIC and always leave me wanting just one more! I cannot wait until I can jump in game and really get a good look at this build ... BUT, it must wait because I still have two more "parts" I guess you would say of gifts for you. Plus I have to help my daughter (Who is playing under my Skymyst account) get her big gift set up. Lucky for me it is a cold and raining day so I am staying in sipping hot tea and staying close to the fire! So I am hoping to be able to get everything else uploaded today. If not however it should be any later then Monday for when I have everything else up.

To everyone else I promise to make comments on everyone's amazing gifts so far, I see several of them being slid right into my game!

GettyImages-896259332-650x428.jpg
    dear buddy. i hope to ave your gift up by the end of gifting but last night between work where i have a job that involves going in and out and me being right near ththe door and going to moms for my brothers birthday which was held mostly in the backyard of moms house i'm a sinus infection mess. drippy nose and all.

thats why nerd thinks i don't like her gift i think. i love it but i won't be able to look at it til i feel better. so its kind of hard to leave more than general coomments. i was also hoping i was wrong about the sinus infection
  • GwinielGwiniel Posts: 996 Member
    Thank you @illusie for the gorgeous red Victorian and kindness <3<3<3 I'll download it and check it in game when I feel better again. Hugs <3

All the other creations are wonderful too. You've made a brilliant challenge for @Taoron, @Skymyst <3 Wonderful and romantic story of Daryll and Janet @Mystik1978, loved reading it <3
    edited October 2019
    @Illiuse I hope you are having a good day thus far. If not, maybe this will brighten your day just a tad. This is “Part 2” of your 3 Part Gifts.

My 15-year-old daughter Katie (who is currently in this gift exchange under my Skymyst account) loves to make pets. So, when I see that you loved pets and wouldn’t mind some in your game; I tasked her with creating a few for you. She loves playing with the different combinations of breeds as well as the color swatch. So you are getting some unique one of a kind pets. They are straight out of CAS and uploaded separately so you can place them with whatever household you may want to.

First Up is …

I s i s Nefertiti (I had to space it out because it seems that is a "bad word")

10-27-19_9-27-18-am.png?w=1024

Download Link: 🐸🐸🐸🐸 Nefertiti

Breed: Bengal
    Traits: Talkative, Friendly and Clever

🐸🐸🐸🐸 in an un-usual cat with strange markings on her back-left leg. She is a friendly little thing and even though she is only a kitten she is super talkative and has a lot to say. A clever little fur ball it is almost as if she understands. 🐸🐸🐸🐸 is a Gift for Illiuse for the #GiftExchange2019 and is a Mystik's Daughters Creation. #MixedBreed

Next we have .....

Bandit Shadow

10-27-19_9-56-03-am.png?w=1024

Download Link: Bandit Shadow

Breed: Mixed Breed
    Traits: Adventurous, Loyal and Friendly

Bandit is just a pup, but he has already been through so much. His parents were fighting dogs and his owner was horrible to him. He has a permanent scar across his left eye from his owner’s mistreatment of him. Lucky some kind people turned his owners in, and all the animals were put in shelters. He is not awaiting a forever home. A Mystik’s Daughter Creation. #GiftExchange2019 #MixedBreed
    Post edited by Mystik1978 on
    @Mystik1978 & @Skymyst Beautiful pets. They are both adorable.
    yeah my sinuses drained a little. sorry for gross imagery i was hopeing to feel a little better do i could more active here.be back in a few minutes.