Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

2019 New Career Ideas

Comments

• Natalia20miNatalia20mi Posts: 4 New Member
    A psychologyst, a physical therapist, and a makeup artist.
  • jineratorjinerator Posts: 377 Member
    How about a HandySim? You could be on call, and go to sim's houses to fix their refrigerators or tv's...

You could own a lot for a repair shop, and sims bring broken appliances to you to fix! Sometimes a mysterious "agent" comes in and needs you to fix a scanner for Strangerville!

I want to see more careers. Don't get me wrong, I have no problem with the rabbit hole careers, but it is 2019, rabbit hole careers started in 2000, you know? Not complaining, just making an observation lol.
  • MinaiMinai Posts: 706 Member
    I dont know if anyone metioned this yet ad I quickly looked through the responses but how about a therapist career?
    Doesn't have to be strictly therapist but instead of calling sadness hotline, why not go to an "inspiration booster"?
  • KaronKaron Posts: 2,332 Member
    RT/
    Any actual career that DOES NOT involve social media, a cellphone, a computer, a tablet, or any other electronic devices. I have been getting the impression from the Devs that might be too hard for them to accomplish.

• KaronKaron Posts: 2,332 Member
    I would love a cemetery lot type to be added to the game, as well as Sims 3's Mausoleum Clerk part-time job. haha
    Actually, i would love most of those: https://sims.fandom.com/wiki/Career_tracks
  • AccidentalBoisAccidentalBois Posts: 31 Member
    I would really love a musical theatre career maybe in the same format as the acting career only you can choose when you move onto another job.
  • AccidentalBoisAccidentalBois Posts: 31 Member
    > @amber_ilumire said:
    > I'm still holding out for a teacher and a rock star/band/singer career. Five years later I'm still surprised that wasn't the musical branch of the entertainment career! Plus an actual archaeology career to go with the skill in JA, I feel they've really missed an opportunity there.

A teacher one would be awesome! An architect too!
  • bubbajoe621bubbajoe621 Posts: 86 Member
    > @nerdfashion said:
    > An active teacher career.

> @Atreya33 said:
    > (Quote)
    > I would like to see
    > - teachers (active career or maybe in combination with active school / active career for students)

First thing that popped into my head when I saw the topic. What if they expanded the mentor trait to kid skills, and your neighborhood kids showed up to class, and when you went to play them they showed the skill gain.

Not really a career, but I just wish my business owners could own bars. 8 Bells is now 8 Ball's Biker Bar and I really wish bald ol' Ted '8 Ball' Roswell could own it.

I totaled up all the pots so far. With 46 careers mentioned, the top votes are:
    Teachers-13
    Architect-8
    Musician/Rock Star/Band member-7
    Firefighter-6
    lawyer-6
    Construction Worker-4
    Paranormal whatever-4
  • WallSims4everWallSims4ever Posts: 755 Member
    Active:
    -Architectural Designer
    -Toddler daycare
    -Singer/Bands

Rabbit hole
    -Dancer
    -Lawyer
    -Teacher/professor
  • TomasGrizzlyTomasGrizzly Posts: 736 Member
    edited September 2019
    Teacher (allowing both rabbit hole and direct control)
    Law (branching into lawyer and judge)
    Accountant
    Technician (either freelancer or with the conservationist treatment) - repairing stuff, making stuff on woodworking table, maybe upgrading on higher levels
    Maybe something like Gym trainer? We have very little use for fitness skill atm. (possibly Yoga trainer branch for those with Spa Day GP)
    Post edited by TomasGrizzly on
    I like fantasy and a bit of Sci-Fi. Want to know what I'm reading?
    I also like wandering the hills.
  • CBookCBook Posts: 87 Member
    Running a salon (like a Retail or Resturaunt)
    Sims are Lit
  • fruitsbasket101fruitsbasket101 Posts: 1,530 Member
    Like many have said already
    -active teacher career
    -active band/singer career where you can have a band with a singer, just a singer, or just the band (like the band Apocalyptica)
    -Active daycare career
    Have a super fantastic awesome splendid amazing day! -TheQxxn
  • DC0017DC0017 Posts: 3 New Member
    A dolphin trainer definetely should be a part of the island living, a new location including a marine park, looking after your own marine animal park buisness (Dolphins) You can manage your staff, do new dolphin interactions like actually being able to swim with dolphins, peform tricks ect. The best thing if this did come as maybe a game or stuff pack expansion, please, be awesome if while your at your work place, you get customers for a dolphin experience, I want to see this in the game so badly, what are your guys thoughts about this? Loving the game btw, awesome work so far EA!
  • telemwilltelemwill Posts: 1,752 Member
    I would love a teacher career, both elementary and high school. I would fine with those being rabbit hole, unless it would be possible to add active schools for both teachers and students. (I love Zerbu"s Go to School mod!)

An active career running a daycare would be a lively addition too.

I also like the idea of a construction worker or architect. It would be cool if at certain milestones you would get a lot added to your library to download. Even cooler if at least one was a new venue type!

I would also wish for occult careers specifically suited for spellcasters and vampires (maybe mermaids too!). Investigating occult crimes would be perfect. Vampires would need a graveyard shift for this.
  • SimQueenie9SimQueenie9 Posts: 2,944 Member
    Dance/aerobics instructor
    Sports coach
    Counselor
    Bank teller
    Mechanic
  • DanniiF8DanniiF8 Posts: 6 New Member
    architecture and \ or interior design career
  • adamclark83adamclark83 Posts: 692 Member
    I'm not sure if I have replied to this thread but I'm going to put:

1. Fashion model.
    2. Fashion designer.
    3. Gymnast.
    2quwd7.gif

• Reallysoawkward23Reallysoawkward23 Posts: 175 Member
    Given that teacher, lawyer, and engineer are coming, I’m almost completely happy. Therapist would also be great. I’d love if they’d add some jobs that wouldn’t have a lot of room for advancement, like secretary, postal worker, car mechanic (if they ever add cars...), house cleaner (i.e. maid) would be good additions too.
  • adamclark83adamclark83 Posts: 692 Member
    Massage Therapist
    2quwd7.gif

• SimsILikeSimsSimsILikeSims Posts: 1,634 Member
    Lots and lots of career mods can be found at mod the sims. modthesims.info/browse/ts4/229/?showType=1 They have a whole section for Sims 4 custom careers. The hard part is updating them all each time the game is patched.
    I have been playing The Sims since 2001, when Livin Large came out. My avatar deliberately looks like Chris Roomies from TS1.
  • HannaZojaHannaZoja Posts: 93 Member
    They really ought to give us a therapist/counsellor/Psychologist/family therapist - given that they forced us to deal with this "play with emotions" stuff instead of giving us an open world. Kids going "through a phase", mourning sims, erratic sims, .... There is so much potential for this new profession!
    Now we can even study Psychology! So please, please give us the career and the option to go to the therapist!

Also I fully support the previous remark:
    Given that teacher, lawyer, and engineer are coming, I’m almost completely happy. Therapist would also be great. I’d love if they’d add some jobs that wouldn’t have a lot of room for advancement, like secretary, postal worker, car mechanic (if they ever add cars...), house cleaner (i.e. maid) would be good additions too.
    Favourite Game: Sims 3 <3
    Favourite Worlds Sims 3: Hidden Springs, Barnacle Bay, Riverview, Isla Paradiso, Sunlit Tides, Monte Vista, Dragon Valley, Al Simhara, Shang Simla, Roaring Heights, Lunar Lakes

Favourite Worlds Sims 4: Britechester, Windenburg, Sulani - possibly Mt. Komorebi
  • CBookCBook Posts: 87 Member
    Running a salon like a restraun?
    Sims are Lit
  • ChampandGirlieChampandGirlie Posts: 2,482 Member
    HannaZoja wrote: »
    They really ought to give us a therapist/counsellor/Psychologist/family therapist - given that they forced us to deal with this "play with emotions" stuff instead of giving us an open world. Kids going "through a phase", mourning sims, erratic sims, .... There is so much potential for this new profession!
    Now we can even study Psychology! So please, please give us the career and the option to go to the therapist!

Also I fully support the previous remark:

I've actually been thinking that I'd like to see a therapist or psychologist especially now that there will be a psychology degree.
    Champ and Girlie are dogs.
  • Hose3588Hose3588 Posts: 4 New Member
    I think that there are some really cool careers in the game, I just wish that more of them were active ones. It would be cool for example to be a performer on the road playing shows in different locations for a few days.