March 29th - It's time for our Friday Highlights! You can check them out here!
Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Can off-topic have sub categories?

I scroll through multiple pages in off-topic to find threads that arent games.

Can off topic be split into:

Sims 5 Speculation & Rumor
Forum Games & Polls
Off Topic
The Sims has currently lost its identity. Bring it back for TS5

FixedCoarseFawn-max-1mb.gif

Personality,depth,humor,consequences,lore,customization.

Comments

• LosaruTaiyoLosaruTaiyo Posts: 10,807 Member
    edited September 2019
    Spec and Rumour kinda have their own category over under Sims 4 discussion, but I do agree that games and RP could use their own category. May actually help with promoting the games as well to players looking to get points on the forums to become full members.
    D6PfW.jpg?1322673184

I have no memory of this place. Time to start anew I guess
  • StrawberryYogurtStrawberryYogurt Posts: 2,799 Member
    Spec and Rumour kinda have their own category over under Sims 4 discussion, but I do agree that games and RP could use their own category. May actually help with promoting the games as well to players looking to get points on the forums to become full members.

I also like Sims 5 spec and rumor to have its own cat because if its in sims 4 spec & rumor it gets pushed to off topic - where its difficult to find threads that arent forum games
    The Sims has currently lost its identity. Bring it back for TS5

FixedCoarseFawn-max-1mb.gif

Personality,depth,humor,consequences,lore,customization.
  • FrostyKitty38FrostyKitty38 Posts: 15 Member
    Sims 3 forums topics need to come back. Not many of us are super crazy about Sims 4 cause Sims 4 isn't a "open world" like Sims 3 is. Sims 4, you have to back out of the map portal which seems very underrated. Sims 4 is very -ahem- underRated
  • Seera1024Seera1024 Posts: 3,629 Member
    Sims 3 forums topics need to come back. Not many of us are super crazy about Sims 4 cause Sims 4 isn't a "open world" like Sims 3 is. Sims 4, you have to back out of the map portal which seems very underrated. Sims 4 is very -ahem- underRated

Sims 3 threads are a the bottom of the forum.
  • AyeffenAyeffen Posts: 258 Member
    I scroll through multiple pages in off-topic to find threads that arent games.

Can off topic be split into:

Sims 5 Speculation & Rumor
    Forum Games & Polls
    Off Topic

I was just about to open a thread when I spotted this one. Like you I think that there are perhaps too many games and as such, general discussion threads are pushed down and out of view and become inactive as a result.

In previous iterations of EA forums, there was a Forum Games section where they could all exist together and not congest the wider OT. I would welcome a similar approach here given the volume of them.

Incidentally, you didn't actually accrue new posts when posting in this section as games can be used to inflate post count somewhat artificially.

NOMDeTX.jpg
    1NraNSJ.png
    My Gallery 🏠 | Gamer 🎮 | Husband 👬