Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Months later, does the Rebranding still bother you?

Comments

• IrdiwenIrdiwen Posts: 574 Member
    I dislike it.
    The icon colors bother me. I used them to see which content came in which pack in CAS and BB, and now I can’t distinguish them, kind of. That annoys me a lot.
    Another thing that annoys me is the jumping llamacorn in the main screen. I’m not a kid anymore - my daughter loves that.

A very good thing is the blue loading screen, so much easier on the eyes. But I really, really have a gripe with the icons and colors.
    Simmer since 2000! Sims 1, Sims, 2, Sims 3, Sims 4. Legacy player at heart.
  • Vivi_WillowTreeVivi_WillowTree Posts: 451 Member
    I dislike it.
    I my mind with a rebranding comes with fundamental changes. All they did was change the cover art, pack icons, and loading screen cover. I see no point to that being done unless they where going to fix the game, but they didn't.
  • Frn0731Frn0731 Posts: 7,180 Member
    I'm Neutral.
    I couldn't care less. I wouldn't even have noticed if it wasn't mentioned on the forum.
    Laugh out loud. Often
  • CupidCupid Posts: 3,623 Member
    edited October 2019
    I dislike it.
    Frn0731 wrote: »
    I wouldn't even have noticed if it wasn't mentioned on the forum.

lol

now that's a whole new level of unbotheredness that I can only dream to achieve someday
    HdLHa3j.png
    (◡‿◡✿)
  • Jordan061102Jordan061102 Posts: 3,918 Member
    I dislike it.
    Of course, I think it's hideous.
    Lu4ERme.gif
  • BMSOBMSO Posts: 3,273 Member
    I'm Neutral.
    I don't really care. It's never bothered me from the start and still doesn't.
    Bmso85's emporium - mysims4studios

• _Sandra__Sandra_ Posts: 135 Member
    edited October 2019
    I like it!
    I liked the rebranding since the beginning. And I know it's kind of an unpopular opinion at this point but I'm definitely a fan of the new plumbob logo, i like that it's different. As for the start menu screen I didn't love the design but it doesn't bother me anyways.
    I also really liked the first, bright blue loading screen. But I was disappointed when they changed it to the darker blue one we have now because I find this color to be dull. So now I'm just using a custom loading screen because of that and I'm happy with how the game looks.
  • IdontrcallIdontrcall Posts: 19,349 Member
    I dislike it.
    It doesn't bother me, but no. I don't like it.

It is what it is, though.
    Check out my cooking Youtube channel: Living with Leigh
  • cheescaekscheescaeks Posts: 902 Member
    edited October 2019
    I'm Neutral.
    wish the expansion packs were different colors, but all in all it doesn't bother me especially after they darkened the loading screen- that really helped me not hate it as much.

i like the newer default sims, felt like the older ones were exactly that: old and outdated. they needed a refresh, just wish some other choices were different.
  • TravisBlackfoxTravisBlackfox Posts: 553 Member
    I can't vote since the "I don't give a fig about the entire thing" isn't an option lol I don't care about colors of boxes or loading screens. I do care about colors of carpets in the game of which we seriously lack .....but I guess recoloring boxes was more important than game play.
  • SAEldarinSAEldarin Posts: 428 Member
    I'm Neutral.
    I still prefer the previous style (less cluttered imo), but meh. Whatever.
  • Zeldaboy180Zeldaboy180 Posts: 5,997 Member
    I dislike it.
    I can't vote since the "I don't give a fig about the entire thing" isn't an option lol I don't care about colors of boxes or loading screens. I do care about colors of carpets in the game of which we seriously lack .....but I guess recoloring boxes was more important than game play.

The option is there and it's called "Neutral"
    e68338c368f106ae784e73111955bd86.png
  • So_MoneySo_Money Posts: 2,536 Member
    It wasn’t the type of thing that was ever likely to bother me, honestly.
  • LoveMcQueen5683LoveMcQueen5683 Posts: 3,689 Member
    I like it!
    I think it looks better.

I'm disappointed about the EP icons changing and it actually makes it hard to distinguish some of them. Get together and Parenthood are really similar. The EPs should be a different color than blue or go back to being all different colors.
    LR3g0ni.jpg
  • mcruddmcrudd Posts: 11,696 Member
    I'm Neutral.
    I dont like the fact that the boxart changed mid collection. I am a sims fan and collector. So I have been printing the box art on to dvd covers to show my collection although its all digital download these days. So now I just make my own boxart. Its a bit more challenging now, but atleast my collection stays the same. I do upload and share them, although they are more for my personal use. You can see them in the sims 4 artist corner. I suppose if it was the same from the beginning I would have liked it more. Its just silly changing mid collection.
  • MMXMMX Posts: 4,427 Member
    I think it looks better.

I'm disappointed about the EP icons changing and it actually makes it hard to distinguish some of them. Get together and Parenthood are really similar. The EPs should be a different color than blue or go back to being all different colors.
    One of my few complaints about the rebranding so far. It just looks too uniform.
  • nerdfashionnerdfashion Posts: 5,947 Member
    I'm Neutral.
    It just kinda exists now.
    funny-gifs20.gif

• 1Phoenix81Phoenix8 Posts: 9 New Member
    I used to dislike it, but now it's grown on me.
    I thought they will change the Plumbob in Live mode but they didn't change that was the one I disliked! Otherwise it's not that bad.
  • friendlysimmersfriendlysimmers Posts: 7,545 Member
    I dislike it.
    i dislike it they should of stick to the bright blue loading screen or give the players the option of what they want patch in the game
    If you went the sims5 to remain offline feel free to sign this petition http://chng.it/gtfHPhHK please note that it is also to keep the gallery

Repose en paix mamie tu va me manquer :

1923-2016 mamie :'(
  • taydevtaydev Posts: 912 Member
    I'm Neutral.
    I disliked it, but now I’m not bothered. It doesn’t affect my gameplay, so *shrug*.
  • DoodlyDoofusDoodlyDoofus Posts: 1,181 Member
    I'm Neutral.
    I just particularly hate the new Sims they use for advertising. I liked the old crew because they were unique, looked like they had some diverse personalities. The new crew look like they're all the same generic wannabe Instagram influencer. AKA it perfectly describes how EA is trying to market their game these days and I absolutely hate that.

When it comes down to the other details however like the loading screen, I never had a problem with the bright blue loading screen but I know plenty of more sensitive (not an insult, just the fact that some people are more sensitive to bright solid colors like that) people had that problem, have absolutely 0 problems with the new Plumbob and the Logo is just A'ight. It's just the new Sims they have that bother me.
  • Poekie03Poekie03 Posts: 1,582 Member
    I like it!
    It never bothered me
  • izecsonizecson Posts: 2,875 Member
    I dislike it.
    I just particularly hate the new Sims they use for advertising. I liked the old crew because they were unique, looked like they had some diverse personalities. The new crew look like they're all the same generic wannabe Instagram influencer. AKA it perfectly describes how EA is trying to market their game these days and I absolutely hate that.

When it comes down to the other details however like the loading screen, I never had a problem with the bright blue loading screen but I know plenty of more sensitive (not an insult, just the fact that some people are more sensitive to bright solid colors like that) people had that problem, have absolutely 0 problems with the new Plumbob and the Logo is just A'ight. It's just the new Sims they have that bother me.

Yes, I dont like this new trend.
    ihavemultiplegamertags
  • layix3nglayix3ng Posts: 111 Member
    I dislike it.
    It was cool at first, but months later daaarn I wish we could change it back lol
    *insert cool siggy here*
  • alexspoom13alexspoom13 Posts: 7,439 Member
    edited October 2019
    I dislike it.
    I voted dislike, but only because of the cover art for packs now with the hideous green/blue backgrounds. The main menu has grown on me quite a lot although I actually preferred the blue loading screen before they darkened it up.