Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Are you buying Discover University?

Comments

• Sk8rblazeSk8rblaze Posts: 7,570 Member
    Maybe
    I’m open to it.

If it has roommates/dorms like TS2, and they could be used anywhere in the world in the form of repurposed TS2-styled apartments, I’ll definitely press that purchase button.
  • mustenimusteni Posts: 5,403 Member
    Yes
    I never thought I would be one of those people who "buy everything"... But as long as I play TS4 then I don't think there's a point to miss an expansion pack. There's always something nice in it. I will wait for a good sale though because it's my least favourite theme.
  • PlumbobCrossingPlumbobCrossing Posts: 8,455 Member
    Yes
    Yup, I can’t wait for this, super excited! Besides I already own all the other packs and I enjoy them as well.😊
  • PlumbeebPlumbeeb Posts: 619 Member
    Yes
    I buy all the packs anyway, so this one is no different. I'll likely pre-order it at the end of the month. :smile:

University is completely new to me, so I wonder whether I'll like it or not.
    Sims 4 Wish List:
    • > Option to toggle on/off random townie generation.
    • > Turn vacation worlds into residential worlds.
    • > Option to purchase separate worlds or a world pack.
    • > Sleepwear kit.
    • > Atomic age kit.
  • fullspiralfullspiral Posts: 14,717 Member
    Yes
    Yes. But for my collection and on sale.

I was never a big fan of the Uni expansions for any of the series. And I don't play families enough to have kids grow up through their life ages and send them off and feel "proud" about it.

One thing I did like about the S3 uni was the families showing up at the grad ceremonies....but the routing to the buildings was such a nightmare at the doors....made it annoying to play.

With S4, I can't see that family would show up. The game doesn't seem to recognize behind the scenes dynamics at all. It's why our own shop owners or vets aren't there when we send a sim to those venues.

So a graduation ceremony with just more beer pong and partying seems rather shallow.
  • gemjasgemjas Posts: 211 Member
    Maybe
    I'm hoping to get it for free in a giveaway, but if that doesn't work out I might buy it.

Don't get me wrong, I've loved every version of University and have wanted this pack since I bought the sims. But after viewing the trailer a second and third time, I'm growing more and more skeptical of the actual gameplay (if there even is any). I'll hold out judgement until the livestream, but it's a firm maybe from me. I can't afford to spend $40 on another empty "expansion" pack.
  • LizziguinLizziguin Posts: 1,126 Member
    Maybe
    I probably will buy it but I really want to see more information and reviews on it before I actually purchase it. I don't plan on pre-ordering this time around. We've been let down by gameplay longevity too many times so far and I'm getting close to calling it quits with the 4th generation of sims.
  • GalacticGalGalacticGal Posts: 28,290 Member
    Yes
    I, like others, have been waiting for this EP. I'm very curious to see what they've done with it this time. I had fun sending groups of teens from my neighborhoods to uni, back in Sims2. While it got boring after a time, in brief jaunts (as in playing rotation-style) it could provide a nice respite from the monotony of every day life.

In Sims 3 our Sims had more to do. We also got to enter some classrooms, which proved interesting enough. Still it also grew monotonous. I found myself speeding up time until class was over so I could send my Sim to that campus party, or for him to hold a rally, dumpster dive, paint a mural, et al. Should be interesting to see what we get this time.
    You can download (free) all three volumes of my Night Whispers Star Trek Fanfiction here: http://galacticgal.deviantart.com/gallery/ You'll need to have a pdf reader. New websites: http://www.trekkiefanfiction.com/st-tos.php
    http://www.getfreeebooks.com/star-trek-original-series-fan-fiction-trilogy/
  • Rococo1256Rococo1256 Posts: 233 Member
    Yes
    Yes, I'm planning on bundling it with Realm of Magic and Moschino. I just bought Vampires in the Halloween sale. I never wanted Vampires before, but now that we have both Vampires and Realm of Magic I think it makes sense to have them together. I'd like to make a story of a "good" vampire who is troubled by her lifestate. She is seeking acceptance and a place to belong. She takes comfort in the historical library at the University of Britechester, since she can hide her ancient origins while studying the past.
    I am GreenRocket on the Gallery.
  • HCSauHCSau Posts: 506 Member
    Yes
    I'm not pre-ordering as there is no real advantage to doing so. I'm just buying on release. 3 weeks away!
    HSau :)
  • AyradyssAyradyss Posts: 910 Member
    Maybe
    At this point, I'll give it a definite maybe. I kind of expect that eventually, I'll probably buy it on sale, but honestly, I've been disappointed in TS4's offerings, and right now it's very wait-and-see.

BTW:
    lisamwitt wrote: »
    munroele wrote: »
    May as well! I always love more clothes and hairs, and shower woohoo will be GREAT to have back. I have budgeted the money for it, and having something else to do is always fun!

We've never had shower woohoo before. Though people wanted it, and there was a mod for Sims 2. I guess we did have woohoo in the all-in-one bathroom in Sims 3, so that kinda counts. I miss all the ones that allowed dating Sims to woohoo pretty much anywhere- elevator, photo booth, changing room, car...

Maybe you didn't buy the Generations EP? It brought shower woohoo to TS3.
    Pay for product -- not potential!
  • BabySquareBabySquare Posts: 7,869 Member
    Maybe
    I've never bothered with university gameplay. I'm thinking bikes could pave the way for cars (and personal transport is something I want) - if they add cars and I like how they do it I'll buy that pack, but if they don't add cars/do add them buy I don't like how they're done then I'll get this pack for the bicycles, but given that I'd want it at a serious discount.
    Gallery ID: babysquare
  • Frn0731Frn0731 Posts: 7,180 Member
    Yes
    Am excited to do something new.
    Laugh out loud. Often
  • Simgurl20Simgurl20 Posts: 162 Member
    Yes
    I'll be buying it when I see it half off on a sale 4-5 months after release.
  • lisamwittlisamwitt Posts: 5,079 Member
    Yes
    Ayradyss wrote: »
    At this point, I'll give it a definite maybe. I kind of expect that eventually, I'll probably buy it on sale, but honestly, I've been disappointed in TS4's offerings, and right now it's very wait-and-see.

BTW:
    May as well! I always love more clothes and hairs, and shower woohoo will be GREAT to have back. I have budgeted the money for it, and having something else to do is always fun!

We've never had shower woohoo before. Though people wanted it, and there was a mod for Sims 2. I guess we did have woohoo in the all-in-one bathroom in Sims 3, so that kinda counts. I miss all the ones that allowed dating Sims to woohoo pretty much anywhere- elevator, photo booth, changing room, car...

I owned all the packs for Sims 3. That was probably when you could woohoo in the all-in-one bathroom. I just didn't think of that as shower woohoo.
    Gallery ID: LadyGray01
  • SleepycatDSLSleepycatDSL Posts: 271 Member
    Maybe
    Right now my sims are much too busy trying to Get Water to think about going to Uni. If that bug gets nuked, then I will probably buy DU but if not, then it's very likely that EA won't get any more of my money. That bug has ruined my enjoyment of playing my sim, in ts4.
  • CamkatCamkat Posts: 2,329 Member
    edited October 2019
    Maybe

BTW:

I owned all the packs for Sims 3. That was probably when you could woohoo in the all-in-one bathroom. I just didn't think of that as shower woohoo.

My sims woohoo in the shower all the time and I don't place the all-in-one bathroom on most lots. I use it as a gameplay strategy to help in a large household to get 2 sims clean, fun and social all at once. ;) (oh and I don't and have never used mods or CC so that's definitely not the cause of it)

Here's a link I found that shows shower woohoo came with Generations:
    https://sims.fandom.com/wiki/WooHoo

What do hope for TS4 though is that it's not limited to that one shower that's coming with University and they apply it all showers once you have the pack, but I wouldn't put it past them to limit it for this iteration. :/
    Origin ID: Peapod79
  • VageniusVagenius Posts: 487 Member
    Yes
    I want to get it. I am kind of waiting to see if it is as bare on new gameplay as Island Living though. That EP had a lot of promise but they just gutted it of any longevity in gameplay. I spent a day enjoying the new stuff and career in that EP and then it was pretty much over. I really hope University is not like this. My biggest concern is that they won't extend dorm living throughout all neighborhoods and let us build that type of living situation anywhere else. We already know the bicycle will not be usable outside the new neighborhoods and I hope dorms are not like that. I've been waiting for them to let us build apartments. It's such bs that we have one world with apartments and can't make any more. A college EP is the perfect time for apartments and roommates.
  • CeridwenCeridwen Posts: 228 Member
    Yes
    Yes, but it may not be straightaway. November is never the best time of year financially (family birthdays - why did my nearest and dearest all pick November? - plus Christmas shenanigans). I might be able to pull it off, or special request it as a Christmas present, if not, it'll be a purchase next year as soon as I possibly can.
  • halloweenchildhalloweenchild Posts: 1,534 Member
    Maybe
    Maybe. I'm not budging into a firm "yes" or "no" camp until more info has been released.
    Give our Vampires back their fangs!!! Reverse the Nerf!!! Occult simmers should not be shoved aside for the "realism players"! It's time Occult lovers/players started to demand equal treatment. #JusticeForOccults
  • lisamwittlisamwitt Posts: 5,079 Member
    Yes
    Camkat wrote: »

BTW:

My sims woohoo in the shower all the time and I don't place the all-in-one bathroom on most lots. I use it as a gameplay strategy to help in a large household to get 2 sims clean, fun and social all at once. ;) (oh and I don't and have never used mods or CC so that's definitely not the cause of it)

Here's a link I found that shows shower woohoo came with Generations:
    https://sims.fandom.com/wiki/WooHoo

What do hope for TS4 though is that it's not limited to that one shower that's coming with University and they apply it all showers once you have the pack, but I wouldn't put it past them to limit it for this iteration. :/

That's crazy. I played Sims 3 for a decade and never saw the option to shower woohoo. I'm bummed by that. Lol.
    Gallery ID: LadyGray01
  • Jordan061102Jordan061102 Posts: 3,918 Member
    No
    Hm, no.
    Lu4ERme.gif
  • BMSOBMSO Posts: 3,273 Member
    Yes
    Yes, I may pre-order or wait a little later after the release. I'm more excited about the bot station because all of the new stuff you can make with it and not to mention the robots! Also the bikes and the build buy stuff.
    Bmso85's emporium - mysims4studios

• Octavie88Octavie88 Posts: 140 Member
    Maybe
    I'll buy it eventually when it goes on sale or when I have money to do the bundle but it releases the same day as Pokemon and between the two Pokemon is more important to me. Not gonna waste my money on another shallow Sims 4 expansion when I could actually be having fun.
  • spivoskispivoski Posts: 299 Member
    Yes
    Bicycles sold me LOL