Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Nobody puts books away anymore.

Since ROM my Sims no longer put books away. Nothing blocking the bookcase even tried different bookcases. So I throw the books on the floor then they pick them up. Also I wish they would finish reading a book without force.

Comments

• NezImaniNezImani Posts: 1,016 Member
    This has bugged me for FOREVER :s

This happened in my game since before ROM unfortunately. No mods.
  • SummerjaseSummerjase Posts: 1,424 Member
    I don't have ROM, but I noticed this with a recent challenge I was doing. I had six sims who were all trying to read books (only entertainment), then suddenly books all over the floor, tables, any and every surface in the house.
    giphy.gif
  • StutumStutum Posts: 1,146 Member
    I can't remember the last time they actually put books away by free will. The libraries are a mess! :P
  • SilentKittySilentKitty Posts: 4,665 Member
    I got ROM and my spellcasters put away books. Sorry about the bug, hope you find it on bug-site. Forgot what it is called.
  • MasonGamerMasonGamer Posts: 8,851 Member
    Yeah it bugged me at first, but Now I don't know, I have a mod that separates Object's Inventory, so I made a library and organized all of my bookshelves for all my Tomes and other books I've acquired. So I have all Tomes for Practical Magic are in one book shelf, all the Untamed tomes are in another book shelf, Alchemy, and Mischief are in their own too.

So Now I just pause and put books away because I don't want sims to mess it up when they "Clean up Books"

But it should be fine when I'm done with my "Study Magic Tomes..." grind.
    Realm of Magic:

My Mood:

tumblr_nlbf3b0Jyb1qkheaxo5_250.gif
  • amber_ilumireamber_ilumire Posts: 1,714 Member
    I don't think my sims have ever put their books away after using them. I've bought so many duplicates of skill books thinking I'd lost them only to find them dumped in random places :D
  • marcel21marcel21 Posts: 12,341 Member
    Since ROM my Sims no longer put books away. Nothing blocking the bookcase even tried different bookcases. So I throw the books on the floor then they pick them up. Also I wish they would finish reading a book without force.

I just drag books back into the bookcase ;)
    Origin ID MichaelUKingdon

• mrln1975mrln1975 Posts: 186 Member
    It bugs me. m y sim puts away all the books for them. And he has no neat trait.
    04-04-15_8-27nbspPM.png
  • wrenstaleswrenstales Posts: 777 Member
    Yes, I noticed that in ROM. I tell my SIM to put them away, but if there's a book that's useful to them they will read it. I also noticed that my sims get emotional when reading certain books.
  • IcewolfIcewolf Posts: 709 Member
    edited September 2019
    My sim keeps putting books on the dinner table every day. I've been thinking about removing the bookcase, but I really don't want to. My sims are also always drinking water... :|

Why do sims always have to do things excessively??
  • SiliCloneSiliClone Posts: 2,585 Member
    That's pratically all Morgyn does in the HQ in my game... he's always around putting away books.
  • invisiblgirlinvisiblgirl Posts: 1,709 Member
    Icewolf wrote: »
    My sim keeps putting books on the dinner table every day. I've been thinking about removing the bookcase, but I really don't want to. My sims are also always drinking water... :|

Why do sims always have to do things excessively??

I've had this issue since the IL patch. When you cancel the reading task, they take the book to the kitchen table (or a desk), sit down and place the book on the table. If you cancel 'read' and click on the bookcase to tell them to 'clean up books', they will still go to a table, sit down and place the book on the table, then get up and put it in the bookshelf. Occasionally, they will simply drop the book at their feet, which is preferable, since they're not wasting time with the table-sit-book action, and if you tell them to clean up books at the same time, they'll pick it up from the floor and put it in the book shelf.
    I just want things to match. :'(
  • NADYSOPHIENADYSOPHIE Posts: 356 Member
    well the issue I'm having is that my sims glitches with the books. They put the book on the floor but they still have the hand in the position like they have a book in their hands even though they have no book and then I can't do anything with my sims or with the book on the floor so I have to reset the sim. I'm not sure if this is caused by a mod I'm still trying to figure that out. I have so many mods so its kinda hard to know if its caused by a mod or not.
  • DianesimsDianesims Posts: 2,872 Member
    This is so annoying. I have a Vampires family who reads a lot, I spend my time dragging books from all over the floor to the bookshelf.
  • invisiblgirlinvisiblgirl Posts: 1,709 Member
    edited October 2019
    Dianesims wrote: »
    This is so annoying. I have a Vampires family who reads a lot, I spend my time dragging books from all over the floor to the bookshelf.

I was having issues getting my family to 'clean up books' (even the 'neat' Sim won't put them away autonomously), but that turned out to be a routing issue due to the way I'd set up the chairs in front of the bookshelf. At least, my Sims have stopped sitting down at a table when they stop reading, so I'm looking at throwing books on the floor as an improvement.
    I just want things to match. :'(
  • DianesimsDianesims Posts: 2,872 Member
    It started right after I got Realm Of Magic and happens in every household.

I was having issues getting my family to 'clean up books' (even the 'neat' Sim won't put them away autonomously), but that turned out to be a routing issue due to the way I'd set up the chairs in front of the bookshelf. At least, my Sims have stopped sitting down at a table when they stop reading, so I'm looking at throwing books on the floor as an improvement.

• CamkatCamkat Posts: 2,329 Member
    This drives me bananas! My sims will even walk AWAY from the bookcase they are sitting beside to go put the book randomly upstairs on some counter a few rooms away. They do it with dishes too. At this point I would appreciate them putting on the floor beside the case at least.
    Origin ID: Peapod79
  • Bearpal64Bearpal64 Posts: 1,117 Member
    Going to the Magic Realm School and seeing books everywhere even in the hall, by the stairs and outside by the garbage can. I wonder how it's broken. The bookcases are definitely not obstructed by any means that I can see. Sims just more than likely choosing not to put them away.
  • LuvMySimzLuvMySimz Posts: 642 Member
    It started right after I got Realm Of Magic and happens in every household.

I have the book issue too and I don‘t have the RoM pack. Sim will drop the book where ever there are, but will put them away autonomously a few hours later.
    „ - Criticism may not be agreeable, but it's sometimes necessary - “

• ddd994ddd994 Posts: 418 Member
    What about the recycling bin?? Don’t put one on your lot, it messes up their cleaning route so bad, even the maids struggle to use the recycling bin and you end up with rubbish everywhere!