Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

What are some things you'd want to see in TS4?

psyktpsykt Posts: 1,168 Member
I know this has been done plenty of times but I want you the things you would like to see in TS4. For me there's some things that have bugged the plum out of me since the game launched, and I just wanted to get some takes on those things. A little info about me as a player: I'm a very realistic player so I don't really play with occult sims more than once, but I always buy the packs because I want the new CAS and build items. So I have all the packs. I don't really care about open world or not, and it's not something that will change, because of they way the sims 4 is built and engined, so let's not go into detail about how much we hate it on this thread please.
  • I need there to be an option (like in TS3) where you can turn off occults. I feel at this point, it's pretty much crucial for my motivation to play the game at all. I can't play the game and enjoy it if there's vampires lurking around or if I'm seeing my repairman flying off on a broom.
  • Townies need to be fixed. This is also crucial for me. I know it's not realistic that all people look like models, but there should really be a middle ground between the sims that I create and townies. I know they've tried fixing it by making sure they don't wear the weirdest clothes ever, but it's still not working as it should. We should have an option to create all our townies, and assign them their NPC roles, in my opinion.
  • There should be a mausoleum like in TS3. Since I am very realistic in the way I play the game, I want there to be an option for my sims to go and visit their deceased loved ones' graves. I don't usually play one family, I rotate on playing all of my sims, so I'm usually never there for the death of my sims. It's exhausting to try and keep up with which sims are gonna die first.
  • Restaurants have to work. I don't know if it's just in my game, but I can't even play restaurants because the uniforms and menus won't save.
  • It should be possible to have your sims live on the property of their commercial lots. I don't usually travel that much with my sims, so it's not ideal for me to have to travel from two lots to be a shop owner. I also love the idea of having a shop where the shop owners live on the top floor.
  • It should be possible to have more freedom when it comes to editing your pictures of your households or builds in the gallery. I know there are some mods you can use, but my creations always shows up as modded, and that's something I really dislike.

NB! I know some cheats and mods could make all of this easier for me, but I really dislike using mods at all.
Feel free to create your own lists of what you want to see happening! I also appreciate feedback on my own list, whether you agree or disagree. I'll keep updating my list whenever I think of something that bugs me.
tumblr_oz7ve3uIkz1uz57gao1_540.jpg

Comments

• FreezerBunnyCowplantFreezerBunnyCowplant Posts: 3,957 Member
    edited October 2019
    Farming Expansion with the following features...
    • Raising and breeding farm animals such as cows, chickens, pigs, goats, llamas, sheep! Getting fresh eggs, milk or wool!
    • Nectar making (wine making) out of the fruits you grow on your farm. Nectar bottles can increase in value over time. Nectar making skill.
    • Farmer‘s market for shopping and selling eggs, milk, harvestables or nectar bottles.
    • Haystack WooHoo.
    • Horses and horse riding. Customize horse in CAS. Unicorns with magic abilities (like making crops grow faster).
    • Show off your riding skill at the mechanical bull! Get dazed when falling of the bull! Available at the local watering hole or farmer‘s market.
    • Canning to cook up harvestables from your farm and have something to eat in winter! Includes jams, pickles and pickled eggs!
    • Grow corn and wheat to feed your farm animals! Store it in a silo.
    • Rocking chairs.
    • Tractors to harvest or ride around the fields.
    • Butter churn to turn milk into dairy products like butter, cheese or yogurt.
    • Off The Grid objects like solar panels, water pumps and electric generators.
    • Amish culture with old-fashioned farming utilities that don‘t require electricity like butter churn or horse wagon. 18th century clothing.
    a256aFi.gif
  • psyktpsykt Posts: 1,168 Member
    • Raising and breeding farm animals such as cows, chickens, pigs, goats, llamas, sheep! Getting fresh eggs, milk or wool!
    • Nectar making (wine making) out of the fruits you grow on your farm. Nectar bottles can increase in value over time. Nectar making skill.
    • Farmer‘s market for shopping and selling eggs, milk, harvestables or nectar bottles.
    • Haystack WooHoo.
    • Horses and horse riding. Customize horse in CAS. Unicorns with magic abilities (like making crops grow faster).
    • Show off your riding skill at the mechanical bull! Get dazed when falling of the bull! Available at the local watering hole or farmer‘s market.
    • Canning to cook up harvestables from your farm and have something to eat in winter! Includes jams, pickles and pickled eggs!
    • Rocking chairs.
    • Amish culture with old-fashioned farming utilities that don‘t require electricity like butter churn or horse wagon. 18th century clothing.

Ooouh, I love this. I would actually adore a farming pack. Maybe it could come a really like "country" world with it, with lots of farming lots.
  • karieebokarieebo Posts: 24 Member
    -Better looking townies: for some reason, they dress like absolute weirdos in my game. I've noticed that a lot of other users have the same issue.
    -Option to relax on bed/sofa
    -Sims cuddling in bed: this was so cute! Why would they remove it?
    -Stronger, more realistic emotions, as well as more of them: it's really weird how a sim can go from being super depressed to happy just because they saw a nice plant. Also, I feel like some emotions just don't fit a certain situation (e.g. I just think it's weird how my sims get tense if a toddler is disobeying them. I belive that 'annoyed' or 'irritated' would be a better fit, not tense).
    -More traits for kids and toddlers
    -More pets like horses, rabbits, hamsters, birds, turtles etc.
  • Reallysoawkward23Reallysoawkward23 Posts: 175 Member
    Slow dancing. I can’t believe we still don’t have this
  • MovottiMovotti Posts: 7,774 Member
    Drums
    Bands
    Couples dancing (slow, fast, swing, foxtrot, tango, jitterbug)
    Cricket. Cos the game is just not cricket without it.
    Tea. Proper tea parties, proper tea in tea pots, with proper cakes on proper cake stands. Pinky up!
    AmusingExhaustedArchaeopteryx-max-1mb.gif
    I would love the option to create bands again, I remember Matthew Hamming in my ts3 had 4 sons which became this Beatles-inspired band. I loved it.
  • Briana2425Briana2425 Posts: 3,591 Member
    edited October 2019
    Preteens because we've never had them in a PC Sims game before. I know a lot of Simmers don't like the idea or think Preteens are unnecessary but it's something fresh and new into the game now and moving forward. Preteens might be fun and interesting bringing it in the game.
    Wedding rings double wedding rings for the female Sims with the wedding band and the engagement ring with different styles classic, modern, retro, artistic.
    Hopefully University have brought something for the teens/kids if not then either can we have a stuff/game pack for teens/kids so can do something with the school like in Sims 3 have school dances, have assignment especially after school for ex. Look for a particular plant, rock, crystal, frog, fish etc. In highschool have them look for a frog and dissect it at school.
    Also holding hands while walking for couples and with a teen annonmously or not like in planet coaster.
    Post edited by Briana2425 on
  • SimsILikeSimsSimsILikeSims Posts: 1,634 Member
    edited October 2019
    psykt wrote: »
    I know this has been done plenty of times but I want you the things you would like to see in TS4. For me there's some things that have bugged the plum out of me since the game launched, and I just wanted to get some takes on those things. A little info about me as a player: I'm a very realistic player so I don't really play with occult sims more than once, but I always buy the packs because I want the new CAS and build items. So I have all the packs. I don't really care about open world or not, and it's not something that will change, because of they way the sims 4 is built and engined, so let's not go into detail about how much we hate it on this thread please.
    • I need there to be an option (like in TS3) where you can turn off occults. I feel at this point, it's pretty much crucial for my motivation to play the game at all. I can't play the game and enjoy it if there's vampires lurking around or if I'm seeing my repairman flying off on a broom.
    • Townies need to be fixed. This is also crucial for me. I know it's not realistic that all people look like models, but there should really be a middle ground between the sims that I create and townies. I know they've tried fixing it by making sure they don't wear the weirdest clothes ever, but it's still not working as it should. We should have an option to create all our townies, and assign them their NPC roles, in my opinion.
    • There should be a mausoleum like in TS3. Since I am very realistic in the way I play the game, I want there to be an option for my sims to go and visit their deceased loved ones' graves. I don't usually play one family, I rotate on playing all of my sims, so I'm usually never there for the death of my sims. It's exhausting to try and keep up with which sims are gonna die first.
    • Restaurants have to work. I don't know if it's just in my game, but I can't even play restaurants because the uniforms and menus won't save.
    • It should be possible to have your sims live on the property of their commercial lots. I don't usually travel that much with my sims, so it's not ideal for me to have to travel from two lots to be a shop owner. I also love the idea of having a shop where the shop owners live on the top floor.
    • It should be possible to have more freedom when it comes to editing your pictures of your households or builds in the gallery. I know there are some mods you can use, but my creations always shows up as modded, and that's something I really dislike.

NB! I know some cheats and mods could make all of this easier for me, but I really dislike using mods at all.
    Feel free to create your own lists of what you want to see happening! I also appreciate feedback on my own list, whether you agree or disagree. I'll keep updating my list whenever I think of something that bugs me.

1. Agreed, players should be able to turn off occult generation. However, pre-existing households probably should not be altered (Imagine Vlad as an elder human, for instance.)
    2. I enjoy making over all the townies in my game. From the worlds/manage household screen, I edit households, and change the clothes of all my NPC's that are committing fashion crimes.
    3. I seriously miss the mausoleum and graveyard from TS3. Agreed, they need to bring something like this back, and I am disappointed they did not include it with Vampires.
    4. Restaurants work fine in my game, as long as I save the game after I have made my changes to the menu and staff uniforms. You might check if you have any broken mods that are interfering with your restaurants, or check with EA support.
    5. I miss the Sims 2 option for Sims to both work and live in the same place. I too hope that may make a return.
    6. I have a restaurant build in the gallery called Dairy Sim. For some reason, a tree is entirely blocking the view of the place in the default gallery picture. I agree, the gallery photo options need to be expanded. (Pick photos from screenshots taken in game, for instance.) The tricky part however, is making sure players represent their creations accurately, to prevent abuse of expanded gallery options.
    7. Not mentioned above: I would like to see more fashion options for accessories: scarves and neckties and neck wear (currently all under necklaces), items worn on back such as backpacks and capes or costume wings. Also props that a Sim could pose with.
    8. A pose function built into the game. Right now, I use Andrew's pose player. But each time the game is updated, that risks being broken again.
    I have been playing The Sims since 2001, when Livin Large came out. My avatar deliberately looks like Chris Roomies from TS1.
  • DanniiF8DanniiF8 Posts: 6 New Member
    architecture and \ or interior design career
  • Shadow_AssassinShadow_Assassin Posts: 1,670 Member
    edited October 2019
    Color wheel, different color for different clothing and hair parts. Color selection is too limited now, I always can't find the fit color for my sims, I once seen someone said he/she wants to create a simself but there lack of suitable hair color.
    For example now there're two greying hair: black and brown, but if someone want to created sims who have others greying hair color, there will no suitable hair color

Favorite, Me and many simmers, want to our sims have detailed and full personality
    BTW I seen this
    https://simscommunity.info/2019/09/05/speculation-ability-to-choose-favorites-could-soon-be-coming-to-the-sims-4/

More traits and more traits can choose such as TS3, same reason as above. Now it's easily to have too similar traits between even multiple sims
    For example there's three sims: A, B, C. If there're only three traits, they all have evil and mean traits, they will only can have one different trait. If there're five traits, there will more choices to make everyone more individual. And some traits shouldn't conflict such as snob and childish(this may deal with emotions), good and klepto(Robin Hoodley from TS3 Dragon Valley, he is based on Robin Hood)
    BTW I guess the random traits button may hint more traits because there's only three traits are it need to random?
    7. Not mentioned above: I would like to see more fashion options for accessories: scarves and neckties and neck wear (currently all under necklaces), items worn on back such as backpacks and capes or costume wings. Also props that a Sim could pose with.
    This. I intend to create a ghost for my mystery story(I'm a storyteller player), he was an assassin from many years ago, I think I need a mask/veil

Can choose same age(YA and up) between vampire parents and children? Because TS4 vampire are immortal, It different from TS3

More details, such as lying on the bed, only neat and squeamish sims wash their hands after using a toilet autonomously, etc

BTW I have a bold idea: @SimGuruNinja
    Post edited by Shadow_Assassin on
    Entrance to the abyss
    sims.fandom.com/wiki/User:ShadeAssassin
    It's a scratch-off ticket
    There's a "_" in my usename. My usename is Shadow_Assassin, not ShadowAssassin or others

Sometimes it's not me who talks to you, it's machine translation

She/Her but you can call me as any pronouns
  • MoistdirtMoistdirt Posts: 1 New Member
    Idk if anyone has already suggested this, but you should be able to own more than one house like in the sims 3.
  • ChadSims2ChadSims2 Posts: 5,090 Member
    These are the things I'd like to see for the game to feel complete to me. A lot of what I what changed is the single Sim game play and Sims with no personality and nothing they do mattering since a nicely decorated room can instantly end a traumatic moment never to be remembered again.

- Improved traits
    - Memories
    - Wants and fears
    - Turn ons Turn offs
    - Freed babies
    - Preteens
    - Retail overhaul working cash register, ticket machine, unique clothing only available if purchased in stores that will be sold from a clothing rack not a mannequin
    - Cars driveways and garages
    - Customizable bands and drums bass guitar
    - Slow dancing and other dances Sims can do together without being tied to an object
    - Swimmable oceans and open water in all worlds with a available river lake or ocean
    - Surfing
    - Football
    - Things kids can do together cops n robber, hopscotch, jump on bed
    - Active school (no more forcing life stages into a rabbit hole half the day)
    - Skateboarding
    - Body hair
    - Cuddle in bed (we must end the single Sim game)
    - Pool slide and normal diving board
    - Pool table
    Sims 4 went from "You Rule" to "One of the stories we want you to tell"
    I would love to have the color wheel back! It makes it possible to really create individual sims.
  • Kitty22222Kitty22222 Posts: 2 New Member
    So, I own this pear of working electronic cat ears, called nekomimi, that moves according to your emotions. They come in different colors and if sims can have drones, how cool would it be to have a wearable pear of animal ears in the game that respond to your sims emotions?
    They already have the different emotions in the game and pets. Its not that crazy of an idea and I would love to really be able to have my sim represent the me IRL.
  • Simsister2004Simsister2004 Posts: 3,536 Member
    • Haystack WooHoo.
    • Rocking chairs.

A farming pack sounds awesome. I could do without the mechanical bull though. But along with the horses I would really like to have horses could be moving waggons.
  • MarkFSimFanMarkFSimFan Posts: 3 New Member
    Cars. It would be very great to see the sims in their own cars on TS4. Something we had with Sims 3 and Sims 2
  • SERVERFRASERVERFRA Posts: 7,108 Member
    Playable babies
    Tweens
    Middle Ages
    Seniors
  • SimsterLivSimsterLiv Posts: 92 Member
    edited November 2019
    babies and elders mostly. OOO also prams and strollers. having forgettful (dementia) elders or having sims experiencing their body slowly not being able to work properly, needing walking sticks or mobility aids. funny interactions such as elders fighting using their mobility aids as a way to fight with people. Rocking chairs omg :)
  • RaquelleRosaliaRaquelleRosalia Posts: 7 New Member
    [img]https://i.imgur.com/rxZA8wV.png[/img]

Can we have functional micro kitchens like this?
  • RaquelleRosaliaRaquelleRosalia Posts: 7 New Member
    https://i.imgur.com/rxZA8wV.png
  • FunkyRainbowFunkyRainbow Posts: 1 New Member
    Open Worlds, Controlling your own sims like the sims 3 for the wii. I also want to see Mental Disabilities, More weather like Tornadoes, Hurricanes etc.
  • GriffinVraiGriffinVrai Posts: 1 New Member
    Honestly, All I want are more small pets. In the sims 3 we had turtles, birds, snakes, rodents and lizards. I would love to be able to explore Ts4 for these types of pets as we did in Ts4. I cannot believe after all this time small and exotic pets still have not been added to the game. Not everyone can have a cat or dog. I would love to have my bird in the game. We could always use more fish if they are feeling generous. I want my sims to spend more time outside looking and exploring for exotic animals and collectibles to put in their house. The Sims 4 is such beautiful game and they have enough areas for wildlife spawners like we had in the sims 3. The world feels so empty.

I want an expansion on the island paradise game and realm of magic. What happened for deep diving for buried treasure and house boats. Where are the fairies and werewolves, the Astronomy Career, Fortune Teller would've been fun for a magic based SP like we got.

But, if i would ask for one thing to make my Ts4 experience complete would to add the other types of pets. I just want my bird ingame. Please.
  • ParadisePinkParadisePink Posts: 1 New Member
    > @FreezerBunnyCowplant said:
    > Farming Expansion with the following features...* Raising and breeding farm animals such as cows, chickens, pigs, goats, llamas, sheep! Getting fresh eggs, milk or wool!
    > * Nectar making (wine making) out of the fruits you grow on your farm. Nectar bottles can increase in value over time. Nectar making skill.
    > * Farmer‘s market for shopping and selling eggs, milk, harvestables or nectar bottles.
    > * Haystack WooHoo.
    > * Horses and horse riding. Customize horse in CAS. Unicorns with magic abilities (like making crops grow faster).
    > * Show off your riding skill at the mechanical bull! Get dazed when falling of the bull! Available at the local watering hole or farmer‘s market.
    > * Canning to cook up harvestables from your farm and have something to eat in winter! Includes jams, pickles and pickled eggs!
    > * Grow corn and wheat to feed your farm animals! Store it in a silo.
    > * Rocking chairs.
    > * Tractors to harvest or ride around the fields.
    > * Butter churn to turn milk into dairy products like butter, cheese or yogurt.
    > * Off The Grid objects like solar panels, water pumps and electric generators.
    > * Amish culture with old-fashioned farming utilities that don‘t require electricity like butter churn or horse wagon. 18th century clothing.

This is my first time posting on The Sims Forum, but I had to add my two cents because I would so love a farming pack! I had horses and a little chicken coop in TS3 and really miss the gameplay.

Besides the things @FreezerBunnyCowplant listed, I'd like to see new life aspirations for being a successful farmer, champion equestrian, or having prize winning animals. Also new jobs that let you make money off your farm (for instance selling dairy products to restaurants, sending animals to market, and selling handmade products in a shop).

I don't mind if the animals aren't playable, but they need to behave like other townies or pets--have personalities traits and do spontaneous things (don't leave a bull and cow alone too long or you'll end up with calves!).

The last thing I'd add to make the game more challenging are penalties for not maintaining your farm, like getting fined for selling contaminated milk or veggies.

Anyway, I hope EA considers creating a pack like this. I would buy it in a heartbeat!
  • ShadowbirdShadowbird Posts: 2 New Member
    Just want to say I would absolutely LOVE to see those farm and ranch ideas come to Sims 4, especially the horses and horse training. That would be a good opportunity to add in horses which I know a lot of simmers have been asking for/wanting.