Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Your favourite occult sim?

Β«1
Which is your favourite occult? Mine is definitely vampire! I like the way they look, the fast walking and the immortality :D

Comments

• Options
    MakeBelieveMakeBelieve Posts: 331 Member
    I'd have to say Vampires too. I don't play occults much however they seem the most fleshed out of all the occults with the skill trees etc.
  • Options
    ryttu3kryttu3k Posts: 1,148 Member
    Honestly, spellcasters. Vampires are really fun to play, but lower-level ones can be limiting, since you need to constantly avoid sunlight, find them plasma, stuff like that. Spellcasters, though, can be played as any other Sim, and they get the different perks of using magic.
  • Options
    MagdaleenaMagdaleena Posts: 973 Member
    edited October 2019
    Vampires, absolutely. I like the challenges that come with them, and they're also well fleshed out!

lil_pixel_boys.png
    they/he
    simblr
  • Options
    GrumpyGlowfishGrumpyGlowfish Posts: 2,208 Member
    Witches > Vampires > Mermaids > Aliens > Ghosts > Plantsims.
  • Options
    KimmerKimmer Posts: 2,382 Member
    edited October 2019
    Vampires, for sure.
    I actually love all occults on Sims 4, but I've had the most fun playing with vampires.
    I also have a soft spot for aliens because few of my favorite Sims are aliens (including the one on my avatar), but the game play with them is mostly the same than with regular Sims.

• Options
    OEII1001OEII1001 Posts: 3,682 Member
    The correct answer, of course, is vampires.
  • Options
    SindocatSindocat Posts: 5,622 Member
    In Sims 3, it was kind of a three-way tie between Werewolves, Witches and Fairies. So far as TS4 goes, so far at least, it is Spellcasters.

PGEQFcY.png
  • Options
    munroelemunroele Posts: 286 Member
    The only one I DON'T like playing is a PlantSim. If they got a patch or overhaul, I bet i'd be into it.
  • Options
    PlayerSinger2010PlayerSinger2010 Posts: 3,267 Member
    Spellcasters!
  • Options
    SharoniaSharonia Posts: 4,853 Member
    Vampires because I like the game play and challenges that come along with them and I find it fun to create stories around them.

Spell casters are nice as well game play wise but I struggle to see the point of them at the same time. Like I have them learn spells but I really only ever use two of the spells and those are just for easy cleaning and repairs. Maybe if they had a better selection of spells to learn I would be more inspired by them and could enjoy them more. Also why is magic not fun for sims?

Mermaids look super nice but are quite boring. I felt let down with their game play.

I haven't played aliens, plant sims or ghosts so I have no real opinion on them so far.
  • Options
    LiELFLiELF Posts: 6,448 Member
    As if. Clearly Vampires are the best ones. >:)

*Whispers* (Psst. But I do enjoy Mermaids and Spellcasters more than I expected to. Spellcasters are a close second. Closer than they should be allowed. Too close, in fact. I think they are plotting something. Vlad will have to take care of that. Maybe he should call a meeting of the most powerful Vampires and "resolve" that situation. Anyway, don't trust those Spellcasters.)
    #Team Occult
  • Options
    DaWaterRatDaWaterRat Posts: 3,355 Member
    Spellcasters - with a note that I don't have IL so I can't evaluate Mermaids.

Aliens don't seem to have much to do.

Vampires and Spellcasters are great side elements to regular play, but Spellcaster is less intrusive, in that my sim spellcaster can have a literal day job without having to have gained a certain number of perk points first. And Spellcaster spells and potions just seem more useful than Vampire abilities. Scruberoo speeds up cleaning, Repario... the oft maligned but very useful Potion of Plentiful Needs... and Transportalate makes getting to the baby so much faster - important in a house with multiple adult sims, so that you can get there before someone else who doesn't know what they're doing gets in the way.

That and it's kinda fun resurrecting all the maids who die from hypothermia because they won't stay out of the 🐸🐸🐸🐸 pool in winter...
  • Options
    CementCement Posts: 3,505 Member
    Aliens...
    They're less busy to me and have abilities I like, those being mind-wiping and transmutation. I also really like the alien voices a lot too--Alien babies are terrifying to hear crying at 2am but I love it LOL

As @ryttu3k mentioned, low-class vampires are kind of annoying to play with. I'd put Spellcasters as my #2.
  • Options
    fruitsbasket101fruitsbasket101 Posts: 1,530 Member
    Vampires
    Have a super fantastic awesome splendid amazing day! -TheQxxn
  • Options
    CandiGir1CandiGir1 Posts: 64 Member
    Gotta go with the classic: Vampires. Although, my second favorite is actually the aliens, the goofiness of my aliens is an endearing quality that I can't ignore.
    6qrDi11.png
  • Options
    RavenSpitRavenSpit Posts: 1,387 Member
    1. vampires, because they are very well done and highly customizable by giving them different perks/powers and weeknessess plus they came with skin tones and details, they are the best made occults so far imho.

2. it's a tie between mermaids and spellcasters for me, sure spellcasters have more powers and like their own things to do (learning spells/potions, brewing potions and so on) which only they can do, but no spellcaster specific skin/eyes which is something the mermaids got, also I have always loved both especially mermaids since I was tiny little kid and I really like how mermaids are done...so I can't really decide which one is better.

3. aliens don't have much to offer, but I like their alien form (though I wish we could at least link bodyshape for both forms) and voice, they are cute, however I only have one played alien right now.

4. plant sims, I might have one or two in game if sims could be one permanently and we'd be able to change their hair, I like that they have different needs and a plant sim would be cool for a gardener or a Poison Ivy sim.

5.ghosts...not much to do with them, tried them out once or twice, but I wish they would be more spooky and have more ghostly needs and behaviors.

Gallery ID: ra7orrat

• Options
    EchovaEchova Posts: 144 Member
    For Sims 4 it’s a tie with aliens and vampires. Spellcasters and mermaids bored me after a few days. Personal preference I guess. If PlantSims were updated I would play them all the time. I miss them and almost considered reinstalling TS3 just to play them again.
  • Options
    AshurayAshuray Posts: 22 Member
    It would be sooo nice if they release a farming pack and upgrade plantsims with it!
  • Options
    annaliese39annaliese39 Posts: 2,797 Member
    Vampires will always be my favourite. I admit I am biased since I have always loved vampire stories, but I also feel vampires in TS4 are really well done. They are just so versatile and fun to play. My main sim is a vampire and his strengths/weaknesses give him so much personality.
  • Options
    SadiesueSadiesue Posts: 128 Member
    Vampires all the way. Love my vamps. Lol
  • Options
    BabykittyjadeBabykittyjade Posts: 4,975 Member
    Team Vampires!!! Then mermaids. But vampires are just so darn cool in every way. :D
    Zombies, oh please oh please give us zombies!! :'(
  • Options
    BabykittyjadeBabykittyjade Posts: 4,975 Member
    LiELF wrote: Β»
    As if. Clearly Vampires are the best ones. >:)

*Whispers* (Psst. But I do enjoy Mermaids and Spellcasters more than I expected to. Spellcasters are a close second. Closer than they should be allowed. Too close, in fact. I think they are plotting something. Vlad will have to take care of that. Maybe he should call a meeting of the most powerful Vampires and "resolve" that situation. Anyway, don't trust those Spellcasters.)

πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚
    Zombies, oh please oh please give us zombies!! :'(
  • Options
    Jasonschick80Jasonschick80 Posts: 686 Member
    1. Vampires
    2. Toss up between Aliens(bc when I played Sims 4 on my ps4 I made a really cool alien dude-havent been able to recreate him on my pc yet) and Spellcasters(bc I like setting Vlad on fire 😈)
    3. Mermaids
    4. Humans(ugh, we are so boring compared to occults lol)
  • Options
    Wintermist_SWEWintermist_SWE Posts: 342 Member
    It used to be Vampires for me, and kind of still is. But, I'm really liking Mermaids these days for the easy weather control :smile:

Vampire as a theme is fun, but in the end it's just too easy, same with spellcaster.

I prefer to get my stuff after hard work, like doing the scientist career. I want to really earn the good stuff, and not just gain them freely.
    You're Breathtaking!
  • Options
    TX12001TX12001 Posts: 46 Member
    1. Vampires

Definitely the single most well-made Lifestate ever made in the Sims series, they truly do feel powerful compared to everyone else, the only issue I have with them is it just seems odd for them to be doing *Mortal* jobs or being Celebrities, I do not see why a Vampire would want to be famous as that may risk their Vampiric state being exposed, they are technically the *Evil* lifestate, their powers seem to be all about oppressing others.

2. Spellcasters

Not as "well-made" as the Vampire system given how many Bugs they have (Their immortal potion does not even work) and they do feel kind of overpowered given how easy it is to learn spells and how you can copypasto things (I have a Spellcaster who duplicated the Money Fruit, imagine making an entire forest of Money Trees) at least the Vampire lifestate does not contain such OP spells and forces you to take weaknesses like being forced to sleep in a coffin (Which is actually a lot more annoying then you think) which counter-balances the fact they are also overpowered but in a more self-preservation kind of way.

3. Everyother Occult-Lifestate

4. Humans

Human Sims are boring, they are outright inferior to Spellcasters in everyway (Try to convince me they are not)