Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

sims 2 wont launch

Blazko64Blazko64 Posts: 36 Member
when i try to launch sims 2 it just freezes up my pc. i have no mods or cc and i have tried reinstalling it multiple times. i am running windows pro 10 64 bit.

Comments

• Rflong7Rflong7 Posts: 36,588 Member
    Hi :)

Have you used anything to help your computer recognize the game? How long before you cut it off?

Always choose - Run as administrator when starting the game.
  • Blazko64Blazko64 Posts: 36 Member
    i recently reformatted my pc and i am on windows 10 pro 64bit but even when i try to run it as admin it just locks up my pc. i got over 200 hours on the sims 2 complete collection on origin i dont know whats wrong. all my drivers are up to date as well.
  • KendranaKendrana Posts: 4,066 Member
    edited October 2019
    I have the same or similar problem (or at least I think so anyway). The game makes my PC not respond for about 10 minutes after launching it from Origin. After the 10 minutes it finally launches. This started at some point at the beginning of this year. When contacted EA support at that time, they claimed that the latest graphic drivers for my AMD card are out of sync with the game (whatever that means). There may never be a fix/solution since there was an announcement that support for TS2 (including the Ultimate Collection through Origin) was being discontinued soon after I contacted them.
  • CinebarCinebar Posts: 33,618 Member
    Try deleting your cache files inside your TS2UC documents folder. They still clog up the game even if you are playing through Origin. Some of us aren't. But they still need to be deleted every few sessions.
    "Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.
  • k_reeser1k_reeser1 Posts: 153 Member
    it locks up for me too,it will eventaully launch,just give it time,i think a windows update a few months back messed with the way windows 10 handles 32 bit games
    untitled.png

• troshalomtroshalom Posts: 1,095 Member
    Are you playing Sims 2 Ultimate? I know you have to launch sims 2 directly and not from Origin. You also need to do some changes to some files that updates the list to add your video card, increase game memory and a mod to remove shadows.

After that it should play without issues
    wocka wocka wockaWho gave that puppy asparagus?please do not send me private messages - they creep me out 🤢🤮😱
  • Ami_KAmi_K Posts: 1 New Member
    I am having the same issue, I have followed every guide and nothing works. The sims is the only game ever I have not managed to get running. It doesn't make it past the loading screen (After the intro animation). I have spent a day and a half on this. :neutral:
  • amandaolivexamandaolivex Posts: 1 New Member
    I've always loved the Sims but was too young to experience the Sims 2. I now have the sims 2 and quite a few expansion packs all on CD but I can't get them to run on my computer. I talked to tech support about giving my product key for the ultimate collection but he said they don't do that anymore. He said the only solution was to post on the forums. Someone help! How can I experience the Sims 2?!?!
  • chickenowchickenow Posts: 458 Member
    I've always loved the Sims but was too young to experience the Sims 2. I now have the sims 2 and quite a few expansion packs all on CD but I can't get them to run on my computer. I talked to tech support about giving my product key for the ultimate collection but he said they don't do that anymore. He said the only solution was to post on the forums. Someone help! How can I experience the Sims 2?!?!

I just tried to install the Sims 2 on my new laptop (even using the Store Edition Code that was sent out) but it won't work. The EA help doesnt provide support anymore either. Highly disappointing....