Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

What are YOUR Expectations for Discover University?

Comments

• Winifred_WillowWinifred_Willow Posts: 423 Member
    I expect Discover University to be good, but not the best of anything.
    I'm looking forward to it but I know from the previous content released for TS4 that it's not going to have all the bells in whistles that previous versions of the Sims have had.
  • SAEldarinSAEldarin Posts: 428 Member
    Other
    Trailer looked good, but I'm really not letting myself "expect" anything. It will be what it will be. I've learned to temper my expectations.

I am glad that Uni is here (though I still maintain it and so many other features should have been part of the base game at this point -- TS5? Maybe?).
  • keekee53keekee53 Posts: 4,328 Member
    I expect Discover University to be bad, but not the worst of anything.
    The trailer didn't leave me with the warm and fuzzies but I don't think any pack will top my worst pack Cats and Dogs and that My first pet stuff pack.
  • storyystoryy Posts: 417 Member
    Other
    I expect University to be fun, and that I will thoroughly enjoy it. I know I'm gonna love it but I know other people are going to choose to rip it apart 🤷
  • MidnightAuraMidnightAura Posts: 5,809 Member
    I don’t feel I can vote yet. The trailers always make the dlc look better than the reality. I will vote once the “Here’s x and y z awesome feature BUT it’s Not got x, y or z as anticipated”

Expecting it be no buildable dorms ala city living apartments
    Sweet feck all for for children and toddlers, not even CAS items
    Bikes limited to uni world.

There always several BUTS with sims. Always.
  • mustenimusteni Posts: 5,403 Member
    I honestly don't care.
    I don't really care about many things that people are looking for in this pack. I expect it to be okay but it's one of my least favourite themes. Based on the trailer I think I would buy it -50% and probably have some fun with it. This far I'm mostly curious about dorms and robots.
  • paradiseplanetparadiseplanet Posts: 4,421 Member
    I honestly don't care.
    I'm just waiting for the eventual fallout of complaining simmers after they got it on release, played it for awhile, and either got bored of it already and/or irritated at whatever bugs will come in the pack.
    Origin ID: paradiseplanet27
    tumblr_ojq4r339Ni1usy5rpo1_100.png
  • Vivi_WillowTreeVivi_WillowTree Posts: 451 Member
    edited October 2019
    Sims 4 itself is a major disappointment for me. University is one of my favorite packs. I haven't been looking forward to new content being released in quite some time, because some how they always miss a few little things and a big one that should've been included. Flashy repetitive reused animations doesn't justify everything that is missing. The party style play doesn't interest me in the slightest, never has. Most of the trailer shows partying. I really want them to prove me wrong, but my hopes have been crushed for to long.
  • citysimmercitysimmer Posts: 5,950 Member
    I honestly don't care.
    I mean, I do care, but I don't really set expectations for packs before I see gameplay.
    Proud black simmer 🖤
    MfVGMbL.jpg

• SimAlexandriaSimAlexandria Posts: 4,845 Member
    edited October 2019
    I honestly don't care.
    I don't really care. The pack isn't really my play style as I prefer to play kids and tots ... so it's just not one I'm super excited about but I'm sure it'll probably have some cool Cas and build stuff and so I'll probably end up getting it at some point either on sale or as a bundle was room if they release any more stuff packs (I have all the current ones lol) honestly I love Sims 4 but most of the stuff on my wishlist I've already gotten, and while there's a couple of minor things I want left everything now is just a fun bonus so I don't care too deeply about what's in it or not
  • InuMiroLoverInuMiroLover Posts: 1,184 Member
    edited October 2019
    I'm just going to keep my hopes low. Chances are having degrees wont do anything substantial to careers, there's a rabbit hole for everything, we cant build our own schools/dorms nor will there be new lot types, kids will maybe get a new shirt if they're lucky to get anything at all, gameplay will be shallow and have no challenge, and sims wont have to do much of anything to earn their degree. No scholarships, no tuition, no acceptance or rejection letters.
  • BobisbaeBobisbae Posts: 246 Member
    Other
    I was disappointed with RoM so I'm managing my expectations. It's going to be what it's going to be. Final answer!
  • SERVERFRASERVERFRA Posts: 7,108 Member
    I'm looking forward to playing the teacher career, the classes, the keg & making a married sims woohoo in the shower. Lol
  • BlueR0seBlueR0se Posts: 1,587 Member
    jooxis wrote: »
    I expect it to be a bit better than Island Living and a bit worse than Get Together. I can't help keeping expectations low anymore.

But I do hope it's better than I expect.

Pretty much this. I wasn't too impressed with the reveal trailer, but while I don't expect to like it; Id love to be proven wrong.
  • CamkatCamkat Posts: 2,329 Member
    I feel like it will be alright but probably not worth the expansion pack price. I think it's going to let a lot of people down. Expectations are just too high for this pack and what people are thinking it will do for their games, it won't do because at the end of the day, the core of the game is still broken. This will upset a whole lot of people. I hope they prove me wrong but after this year of packs, this seems to be just how it is now.
    Origin ID: Peapod79
  • ChadSims2ChadSims2 Posts: 5,090 Member
    I cant imagine a pack being more useless for me than Get to Work. Hopefully its not as restrictive as Island Living waiting for the disappointment like bikes being locked to a small University world.
    Sims 4 went from "You Rule" to "One of the stories we want you to tell"
  • x4m1r4x4m1r4 Posts: 3,901 Member
    I believe that once EA released the "best" pack, it would be harder for them to release a better pack or perhaps, it's the end of TS4. So, I'm expecting this pack will be good, but not the best yet.
    OID:- x4m1r4
  • catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,362 Member
    I think it will be good but not the best. Seasons and Island Living are the best to me. It will come close though.
  • asimbsimasimbsim Posts: 476 Member
    I would say I have a lot of hope, but my expectations aren't too high, as most previous packs have felt really disappointing in one way or another. I love the University packs normally, and have totally been one of those people who have been wishing for it every time an announcement is due! It has felt like a very long wait, so I am really excited about it!! But I know I maybe shouldn't be :/ So, I'd say low expectations but high and misguided hope :)
  • invisiblgirlinvisiblgirl Posts: 1,709 Member
    Other
    It sounds like the pack is exactly what most people want - lots of social activities for YAs. I haven't preordered yet, but that's only because I was hoping for something different.

I'm disappointed they're not doing a more general education pack, and I don't expect that it will have much, if anything, for my kids and toddlers. I'm hoping that there will be a few new things for teens - applying for college, writing application essays, and maybe even the ability to start university early.

Mostly, I'm waiting to see whether it will fit into family-style game play. I do want the law and education careers, and I think going to school and the various studying requirements could actually add a lot to my game, but only if my Sims can stay in the household. I don't like rotational play and active careers. If I have to leave my family on self-care, I'll probably give it a pass. (At least until it's discounted. I really want that mini-fridge, though the screenshot had it with stickers on it. Hopefully, there's a more 'grown-up' swatch that would work in a regular house.)
    I just want things to match. :'(
  • calaprfycalaprfy Posts: 3,927 Member
    Being a realism simmer, I've not purchased content for a long time, so I'm game for new content.

I've never played university in these games or been myself so it'll be new to me.
  • MoonfoxNightcryMoonfoxNightcry Posts: 296 Member
    I think it’s going to be another lacklustre pack that adds nothing to gameplay, reuses animations and is boring within four hours. I’m so bored with Sims 4 and it’s such a shame because I used to get so excited for packs - I haven’t felt that since seasons.

Haven’t bought ROM and won’t be buying University either. I’m happy to play what I have with my gigs upon gigs of cc and just cycle through the same storyline I’ve been playing since release: YA sim, gardening, building a home, starting a family, then back to CAS for a new YA sim, gardening...

Not even hopeful for Sims 5, unless they go back to making TS2 quality games, remastered, and quit all of this shallow nonsense.
  • CK213CK213 Posts: 20,525 Member
    edited October 2019
    At this point, I just need the pack so I can play as I normally play a Sims game.
    TS4 is so easy, I don't think Uni is actually necessary in TS4 for it as far as job progression and earning money is concerned. It's more a life experience thing for me, but I think it might feel a little bare-bones to me this time around.

It would be nice challenge to game play if sims without a Uni education might have a chance for being passed over for promotion by a sim that has more education. That would make the climb up the ladder more challenging for non-uni sims.
    The%20Goths.png?width=1920&height=1080&fit=bounds
  • MakeBelieveMakeBelieve Posts: 331 Member
    My expectations are definitely lowered following from the last couple of packs we've received which is a shame. As I've said in a different thread, the team seem to be focusing on the younger generation and not those who have been playing since the beginning. Of course, I'm not saying that those who have been playing since TS1 are more important by any means but in terms of gameplay, there doesn't seem to be much below the surface anymore.