Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

The Sims 4 Discover University Expansion Pack - Orientation video

Comments

• Options
    GorgeoiousGorgeoious Posts: 118 Member
    I'm pumped about what I've see so far. I'm concerned about majors. I'm assuming there will be more to choose from than the 3 shown in description. I hope so. I'm assuming majors will correspond to current careers. It looks like they added 3 new careers, law, teacher, and I forgot the 3rd one. I'm happy about those, even if they are rabbit holes.
  • Options
    SelinaKylesSelinaKyles Posts: 4,337 Member
    somewhsome wrote: »
    Looool the braided girl at the end, right next to the girl who threw the juice pong, is pregnant👀👀👀 Sims can pregnant in uni???

I think that's just her body type... But I assume you can get pregnant in uni, why not?
    She has a bulge on her stomach, it’s literally round. In TS2 you couldn’t get pregnant in uni nor in TS3, unless you had mods
  • Options
    Sofmc9Sofmc9 Posts: 499 Member
    I want sim kids to go to school by bike too, I play with the go to school mod :3

QF2rtes.png

dN93EIt.png
  • Options
    TistouTistou Posts: 72 Member
    edited October 2019
    It looks nice. I hope it adds showers that let multiple sims shower in the same room (my sims not wanting to shower when a family member is on the toilet is so weird and it makes it difficult to have a big family!) as it did in The Sims 2.

I wish this came with the update that aging turns off for non-active sims, I'd hate it if babies were born and sims aged in other households while I focused on getting grades for my sim.

I see a couple of posts here worrying that the classes will be rabbit-holes. I'd have no problems if they were (maybe I'd even prefer a rabbit-hole class?). As long as the main point of university is to study and to get skilled at things. I'd be perfectly happy making sure they made their homework, specially if I can control multiple students at once like in The Sims 2.

I'll be looking in the forums though before getting it, to see if it's worth it. Can the family come visit on campus?
    Movotti wrote: »
    Looks too american.
    Somewhat disappointing.
    They could have replaced the beer pong with cricket, and had proper pub crawls instead of the keg. :/

Okay not that I agree with the cricket and pub per say
    but finally I see someone calling out on the game being very usonian. It's like "oh we have simlish so it's like it's own country"
    and then everything everything in the game is like copied right of USA xD
    /.../
    The only thing that even remotely appealed to me was the bikes, but it just made me upset that adults are getting them while kids and toddlers still don't have them. Idk, maybe they started off with a mediocre trailer to save the interesting stuff for later, but as a first impression, I'm not impressed at all.

Sadly, as I feared, the trailer was more focused on partying and friends and fun, over actual classes and studying. I was disappointed to see they didn't show off anything from the teaching or law careers. For a university pack, I just didn't see much education going on here and that just limits the appeal to me. /.../

Yes, what's with the lack of focus on children? The children in The Sims 1 were more fun to play with than in The Sims 4 (at least they had magic)
  • Options
    SimmyFroggySimmyFroggy Posts: 1,762 Member
    @Tistou about the aging thing: no confirmation, just my own guesswork, but I think Sims that go to University will move out of their household. Since we already have the option to turn off aging for played/unplayed Sims, if I'm right, there won't be a change to the aging system because it's already the player's choice.
  • Options
    TistouTistou Posts: 72 Member
    @Tistou about the aging thing: no confirmation, just my own guesswork, but I think Sims that go to University will move out of their household. Since we already have the option to turn off aging for played/unplayed Sims, if I'm right, there won't be a change to the aging system because it's already the player's choice.

We'll I've had problems with sims giving birth while their household isn't played, and inviting my sims to their birthday parties even though I had auto aging of for non-active sims x__x But that's for another discussion and I'll leave it at that.
  • Options
    BMSOBMSO Posts: 3,273 Member
    I saw the bot station! Eee! <3 I wonder if they will be able to use these objects on a regular residential lot once they have graduated because that would be a total bummer if it was only an object playable on the campus grounds. I'm not much of a fan of the whole campus thing but I'm actually ready to see the other objects that come with the pack.
    Bmso85's emporium - mysims4studios

• Options
    LadyKynLadyKyn Posts: 3,595 Member
    Studying and attending lectures are pretty much a given even if you don't see it. Honestly I kinda don't see the problem with it because in every version of university that's pretty boring. Can see why classes were always rabbit holes as there's not really too much to them. Usually the extra stuff outside of studying is usually the more interesting parts of University. But that's just me. Seeing sims sitting at a desk and falling asleep just seems pretty boring to me.
    5vJrxmT.png
  • Options
    PastelMermaidPastelMermaid Posts: 1,298 Member
    I don't know if anyone else has mentioned this but PIERCINGS?!!!! If this is so, I am VERY happy. Coming from my occupation and how I am in myself and what I look like... this is an exciting step for CAS
    tumblr_nvqukkenkr1udwsc5o7_250.gif

"wahoo" - aquaman
  • Options
    edited October 2019
    I don't know if anyone else has mentioned this but PIERCINGS?!!!! If this is so, I am VERY happy. Coming from my occupation and how I am in myself and what I look like... this is an exciting step for CAS

Right? Wondering if they'll be in a new category for them if so that'd be great because I'd love to see more down the road added. I remember someone asking grant about them some time ago nice to see they implemented it and a variety. Very happy with the eyebrow piercings that and new tattoos pretty simples ones at that I can use easily on my sims..

Can get rid of some of my MM piercings now. :)
    5vJrxmT.png
  • Options
    CamkatCamkat Posts: 2,329 Member
    LadyKyn wrote: »
    Studying and attending lectures are pretty much a given even if you don't see it. Honestly I kinda don't see the problem with it because in every version of university that's pretty boring. Can see why classes were always rabbit holes as there's not really too much to them. Usually the extra stuff outside of studying is usually the more interesting parts of University. But that's just me. Seeing sims sitting at a desk and falling asleep just seems pretty boring to me.

Agreed. I have zero interest in watching them at class. That's one thing that can always be and stay rabbit hole.

Origin ID: Peapod79
  • Options

Right? Wondering if they'll be in a new category for them if so that'd be great because I'd love to see more down the road added. I remember someone asking grant about them some time ago nice to see they implemented it and a variety. Very happy with the eyebrow piercings that and new tattoos pretty simples ones at that I can use easily on my sims..

Can get rid of some of my MM piercings now. :)

I have some CC piercings but some of them are hard to find in the categories and trying to put them on all outfits can be a one to remember.
    I hope so much they have their own little space in CAS like tattoos and once placed they stick with all the outfit categories, so you don't have to reselect them but could choose not to have them for formal etc - I love the eyebrow one! usually kind of obscure.. and I'm pretty sure I saw a nose ring and maybe a lip piercing as well - I love the "modified" world and bringing it more into the sims makes me happy. So many people are different these days, not only in cultures/religions but appear different day to day (like myself) and it's so nice to see it coming into the game!!!!! (especially with university as those cultures as so diverse as it is... meeting new people... and expressing themselves truly!

So many possibilities and stories could come out of it and from such a small addition

"wahoo" - aquaman
  • Options
    Camkat wrote: »

Agreed. I have zero interest in watching them at class. That's one thing that can always be and stay rabbit hole.
    Yeah, I know people have different gameplay styles, but IDK seeing sims do the same thing like reading and writing and conversing with one another (like they usually do) just doesn't seem all that interesting. The studying part is always a given with a pack like this though I think University packs are more so about the experience at University than anything.

The studying in University was always such a grind and I hated it. :s
    5vJrxmT.png
  • Options
    GalacticGalGalacticGal Posts: 28,562 Member
    Hey, Peeps, please keep in mind that this is only a trailer, a teaser, if you will. Don't you realize by now, that EA loves to just dangle a hint, but will also keep some things under wraps? We really won't know what's in it until we install it and explore it for ourselves. I, for one, am looking forward to this EP.
    You can download (free) all three volumes of my Night Whispers Star Trek Fanfiction here: http://galacticgal.deviantart.com/gallery/ You'll need to have a pdf reader. New websites: http://www.trekkiefanfiction.com/st-tos.php
    http://www.getfreeebooks.com/star-trek-original-series-fan-fiction-trilogy/
  • Options
    Hey, Peeps, please keep in mind that this is only a trailer, a teaser, if you will. Don't you realize by now, that EA loves to just dangle a hint, but will also keep some things under wraps? We really won't know what's in it until we install it and explore it for ourselves. I, for one, am looking forward to this EP.

I always wait for them to post the overview on simscommunity and places like that where you can see what is what

"wahoo" - aquaman
  • Options
    SimmyFroggySimmyFroggy Posts: 1,762 Member
    Tistou wrote: »

We'll I've had problems with sims giving birth while their household isn't played, and inviting my sims to their birthday parties even though I had auto aging of for non-active sims x__x But that's for another discussion and I'll leave it at that.

Oh yeah, I had that issue too (there's a toddler in one of my saves I'm itching to rename b/c he was born off screen). Time continues to pass in unplayed households even with aging off, true.
    There's a possibility that they'll freeze time outside of university completely (I think that's how it was done in TS2? not sure) but I think they'll just leave it as is.
  • Options
    LiELFLiELF Posts: 6,448 Member
    The robotics and Villainy major definitely interests me, but I love the Britechester school better. I wonder if robotics can still be done at both campuses?

I know a lot of the family players are unimpressed with the "party" stuff, but that's the gameplay that I'm most interested in for this pack. I had such a blast with the Sims 2 dorm life (University was one of my favorite Sims 2 packs) and my Sims hooking up and living irresponsibly and I'm hoping some of that can be recaptured in Sims 4.

My concern is that the way the base game plays out, Sims tend to gravitate toward single use objects and not group things, like the bubble blower (which I most certainly intend to have available everywhere in dorms, haha.) I really wish we had a personality or preferences update and fears added before this so that the Sim to Sim interactions were improved - it would have made this pack so much more enriching. I feel like without fears or anxieties, it's just going to feel overly happy and positive and the University experience is going to feel too easy and predictable.

Don't mean to be a downer, but I really feel like the base game should have had Sim improvements by now.
    #Team Occult
  • Options
    Pamtastic72Pamtastic72 Posts: 4,545 Member

I agree. Why would we want to watch them sitting in a desk taking notes or zoning out?
  • Options
    keekee53keekee53 Posts: 4,328 Member
    Twicelikey wrote: »
    Crying in the bathroom..oh goodness my sim is going to suffer just like I am.

I really hope this is not tuned to some ridiculous number so every 5 mins some sim is crying in the bathroom.
  • Options
    keekee53keekee53 Posts: 4,328 Member

Usually the trailer is better than the game...

With a trailer like this, I have to say I am a bit worried about the gameplay.
  • Options
    LoveMcQueen5683LoveMcQueen5683 Posts: 3,689 Member
    keekee53 wrote: »
    Twicelikey wrote: »
    Crying in the bathroom..oh goodness my sim is going to suffer just like I am.

I really hope this is not tuned to some ridiculous number so every 5 mins some sim is crying in the bathroom.

Lol ok. Did you forget what game you are playing? Sims barely cry at all in this game.
    LR3g0ni.jpg
  • Options
    KathykinsKathykins Posts: 1,883 Member
    I'm actually looking forward to this pack, although Uni could often be a huge chore in both TS2 and 3.

I love the mini-fridge, the bikes could be useful if we can use them in other worlds also, Build/Buy looks promising, same with CAS.
    Could really not care less about Juice pong/kegs or fraternities/sororities, though. Its not something we really have where I come from, I think?

And either way, I've not attended Uni so wouldn't really know about it anyway. Would love it if pool tables were added, though. I always had them in every house, and many community buildings as well, ever since TS1. I'm still baffled they're not in TS4 yet!

Bunk beds? Murphy beds? Sure, would be nice, to save space probably. But its not something I need. They usually had low energy rating anyway, and I want my students to sleep comfortably.

I hope, on the academic side, that we get a mix of rabbit hole and active classes, like we did in TS3. And that not everything revolves around the clubs.
  • Options
    troshalomtroshalom Posts: 1,095 Member
    bathroom stalls!
    I was gonna forgo this pack, but dang it bathroom stalls are a game changer.

I will have to redo all of the commercial lots, or at the very least the gyms
    wocka wocka wockaWho gave that puppy asparagus?please do not send me private messages - they creep me out 🤢🤮😱
  • Options
    CamkatCamkat Posts: 2,329 Member

Yeah, I know people have different gameplay styles, but IDK seeing sims do the same thing like reading and writing and conversing with one another (like they usually do) just doesn't seem all that interesting. The studying part is always a given with a pack like this though I think University packs are more so about the experience at University than anything.

The studying in University was always such a grind and I hated it. :s

Which is like RL, but this is one time they can leave that RL out. ;) I'm sure studying will just be reading a book or looking at the computer or something, so I'm sure we will have that to watch anyways so that I don't need to see them sitting in class too.
    Origin ID: Peapod79
  • Options
    troshalomtroshalom Posts: 1,095 Member
    SimTrippy wrote: »
    vJuFRBG.png

@PlanetSixam that bionic arm is brilliant though :D I wonder how many limbs we can replace?

@SimTrippy you're diabolical 😂 🤣 Also, I too have the same question
    wocka wocka wockaWho gave that puppy asparagus?please do not send me private messages - they creep me out 🤢🤮😱