Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Sims 4 List of Features the Game needs

LoveMcQueen5683LoveMcQueen5683 Posts: 3,689 Member
edited October 2020 in The Sims 4 Ideas Corner
This is just a list of features that I want to see implemented in the game before the Sims 4 ends. I made a similar list a couple years ago and surprisingly not a lot was actually included in the past couple years. So I made a new one and hopefully the developers will see this (Yeah right).

Is there anything that you want to be added to the game that isn't on the list?

Oh and if there is anything that's already in the game, let me know.

Sims

-overhaul to the traits and personalities that would make them unique and more expressive
-situations like death, affairs, fire, fights, and talking to sims they hate influencing the sim's behavior long term and not just in the moment
-Wants and fears that relate to a sim's personality and not just random stuff like talk to this person or buy a bee box
-Life stage length slider
-Teen and elder improvements
-Scared emotion. Tense is not scared
-Turn ons/offs & Chemistry attraction system
-Zodiac Signs
-Body hair
-Body piercings

Sim Interactions

-Goose
-Slow Dance
- Games: red hands, tag, tickle, pillow fight, throwing a ball around, punch you punch me, cops and robbers
-Cuddling, reading, and watching TV in bed

Gameplay Objects

-Newspapers/crosswords/paper airplanes
-Landline Phones
-Security Alarms
-Baby Monitors
-Strollers
-Alarm Clocks
-Drums
-Normal sized telescope
-Video Camera
-Single Player Arcade Machine
- Diving Boards
- Skateboards, Roller Skates
- Trampoline

Gameplay

-More after school activities for kids/teens: ballet, karate, gymnastics, being on a sport team
-Boarding School/Private School
-Online Dating
-Opportunities like the ones in Sims 3
-Competitions like cooking, dance, poetry, painting, etc.
-Making a band and performing as a group.
-After wedding limo. Could take you to a vacation world to have a honeymoon for a day or two.

Careers
-Active: Daycare
-Dancer
-Active: Ghost Hunting
-Active: Maid
-Modeling
-Gravekeeper/Funeral Home
-Active: Grim reaper
-Active: Real estate/house flipping

Skills
-Nectar Making
-Cleaning
-Sculpting
-Martial Arts

NPCS
- Burglars
- Police
- Social Bunny
- Therapist. Not necessarily like the Sims 2. Maybe if a Sim has too many sad moodlets or a lot of bad things happen all at once, they can have a therapist come over and let them talk about it. It could be good for mental health awareness for the game, maybe.
- Cake Dancers

Venues
-Cemetery: to take the dead where they won’t be culled after a while. Catacombs to explore
-Grocery Store
-Hotels

Build Mode

-Ponds
-Curved Pools
-Spiral Stairs
-Curved Walls
-Create a Style or more Swatches to make it easier to match furniture.

Lifestates
-Werewolves
- Fairies
-Zombies
-Imaginary Friends
-Plant Sims to be improved and become a permanent lifestate

Expansions/Game Packs/Stuff Packs

-Generations
-Romance
-Farming
-World Adventures
-Teen Stuff
-Pool Stuff
LR3g0ni.jpg
Post edited by LoveMcQueen5683 on

Comments

• ChadSims2ChadSims2 Posts: 5,090 Member
    I also made a list a few years back its amazing how little of it was added the few features that came were from Seasons.

You already put up a large chunk of what I wanted so I'll add a few other things I hope to see boy is this game missing a lot.

Sims
    - Freed babies and all that comes with that
    - Preteens
    - Memories

Gameplay Objects
    - Volleyball net
    - Kids clubhouse
    - Jump rope
    - Spring rider
    - Sandbox
    - Merry go round
    - Bass Guitar
    - Football field
    - Chalk board and desk
    - In-ground hot tub
    - Working cash register
    - Changing room
    - Clothing racks/jewelry case (with unique clothing and jewelry not available in CAS)
    - Ticket machine
    - Hair salon chair (with unique styles only available by using it)
    - Surfboard
    - Drive in theater screen
    - Driveway/garage door
    - Ferris Wheel
    - Carrousel

Gameplay
    - Football practice a game with the team
    - Cheerleading practice
    - Customize and create your own Highschool
    - Attend Prom with your Sims

Skills
    - Auto Repair

Expansions/Game Packs/Stuff Packs
    - High school
    - Cars
    - Open for Business (a real retail expansion unlike GTW)
    - Carnival
    Sims 4 went from "You Rule" to "One of the stories we want you to tell"
  • VamprisVampris Posts: 1,127 Member
    Another gameplay object they could add should be crockpots, the ability to make it so your sim would have fresh dinner in the morning or after work instead of having to cook would be great.
    Sims

-overhaul to the traits and personalities that would make them unique and more expressive
    -situations like death, affairs, fire, fights, and talking to sims they hate influencing the sim's behavior long term and not just in the moment
    -Wants and fears that relate to a sim's personality and not just random stuff like talk to this person or buy a bee box
    -Life stage length slider
    -Teen and elder improvements
    -Scared emotion. Tense is not scared
    -Turn ons/offs & Chemistry attraction system
    -Zodiac Signs
    -Body hair
    -Body piercings
    Yes to all of these, especially the piercings. I really wish they would add more piercings to the face aswell. Earrings are cool but imagine a nose ring or perhaps snakebites.
    EMrBkJP.png
  • aprilroseaprilrose Posts: 1,832 Member
    I'd really like to see an club manager sort of like how we have manage households and ability to delete clubs without playing the leader.
    Simming for 19 years!
    Family Tree
    Playing Mod & CC Free

• PrplGrl3PrplGrl3 Posts: 7 New Member
    The issue with having unwanted children could really use an update. It would be so great if there could be an option to give your child up for adoption. You can adopt children, sure, but can't give your child to adoption, which I think is very strange. I find it really disturbing that the only way to get rid of your child (I feel so terrible when I type that, or even typing the word 'unwanted' :/) is subjecting him/her to child abuse (leaving the child in a room, slowly starving him/her until someone comes to take him/her away), or deleting him/her from the family. It always makes me feel bad whenever I think of actually giving your child up, but, if you're not able to look after them, or if you had a girl when you wanted a boy (or the other way around), adoption is the best way to go, because there's no abuse or neglect involved with that; they'll be sent to a loving family who will look after them. It really distresses me when people so easily say, 'Just leave it in a room until it becomes hungry, then someone will come and take it away, or 'you could always kill it.' :/ I know this a game, but without the ability to give your child to adoption, Sims 4 just feels really disturbing to me :(
  • PlayerSinger2010PlayerSinger2010 Posts: 3,267 Member
    PrplGrl3 wrote: »
    The issue with having unwanted children could really use an update. It would be so great if there could be an option to give your child up for adoption. You can adopt children, sure, but can't give your child to adoption, which I think is very strange. I find it really disturbing that the only way to get rid of your child (I feel so terrible when I type that, or even typing the word 'unwanted' :/) is subjecting him/her to child abuse (leaving the child in a room, slowly starving him/her until someone comes to take him/her away), or deleting him/her from the family. It always makes me feel bad whenever I think of actually giving your child up, but, if you're not able to look after them, or if you had a girl when you wanted a boy (or the other way around), adoption is the best way to go, because there's no abuse or neglect involved with that; they'll be sent to a loving family who will look after them. It really distresses me when people so easily say, 'Just leave it in a room until it becomes hungry, then someone will come and take it away, or 'you could always kill it.' :/ I know this a game, but without the ability to give your child to adoption, Sims 4 just feels really disturbing to me :(

You can just move the child into a different household... no need to go through all of that to get them taken away.
  • lizardwizardvenlizardwizardven Posts: 2 New Member
    I second a LOT of the suggestions here.

One of the things that I LOVED about TS3 (might have also been in 2?) was the memories feature, in order to create story permanence/longevity. The emotions are nice, but they're only temporary and it's like nothing we do has a long-term impact on them once the emotion fades. Sure, they can be embarrassed if they said something wrong but can they remember that they got rejected by a crush? If they get struck by lightning or caught on fire, they're only tense for a while. The actual event has no impact or record on their personal history. This would help immensely for story creation & sim uniqueness.

For Sims, especially I'd like to see more traits & personalities. The 3-trait personality system is /extremely/ limiting. I liked a lot of the features that TS3 had for that:
    - being able to put points into attributes (not skills, but maybe some can be honed like skills)
    - preferences (food, color, music... maybe could include genres of movies/books...)
    - astrological signs
    - maybe birthdays or birthday seasons?
    - chemistry features
    - turn ons/offs: traits, appearance, careers/skills/attributes...

Gameplay:

* memory system
    - sim’s face in the middle of the social web. It made them feel more defined as a character

Careers/Occupations:

- allow service jobs to be hireable (maid/repair)
    - teachers
    - @LoveMcQueen5683 after school activities for kids/teens would be AMAZING
    - private school (based on grades/honors)
    - also in relation to a mortician/gravekeeper career: it could have really cool interactions/”events” with occult types

World:

- cemetery (secret catacombs?)
    - hotels/motels
    > playable vacations (Sims 2: Bon Voyage style)

Build mode:

- more pool objects & interactions
  • secretlondon123secretlondon123 Posts: 181 Member
    More home crafting - canning, bottling, soap
    Hotels
    Rework how sims travel between worlds - can I just rent somewhere temporarily in a normal world?
    Body hair is really lacking
    Storage chests that can store different things rather than one shared inventory
  • annaliese39annaliese39 Posts: 2,797 Member
    edited October 2019
    Big yes to all of this! I would also like a sewing/embroidery skill and an occult hunter career so I can have vampire hunters. A few more things I would like to see are horses with a horse riding skill, free babies, hybrids (I still want my vampire spellcaster), improved ghosts (with 'unfinished business', different needs and abilities, so they're not just transparent sims. I want ghosts to be invisible to other sims unless they are vampires/occults or have a psychic trait/skill), fairies/changelings, dumbbells and exercise bikes (still can't believe these weren't in Fitness Stuff), homeschooling, playable NPC careers (e.g. librarian, repairman etc.), and more practical careers for our handy sims (e.g. mechanic). Also more worlds based on different areas (e.g. UK, Mediterranean, Scandinavian etc.), more traits (e.g. neurotic, eccentric, cultured, brave etc.), and more aspirations related to skills, careers and retail/business.
  • VeronicaTSVeronicaTS Posts: 8 New Member
    Layered clothing - I went into detail on the packs thread

Underwater basements - I'd really like to be able to have a basement bar where you can watch fish swim by. It'd also be nice to be able to make a home where you can have a watery passage through and connect to another side further out through a basement would be nice

Estates - Even if you only allow a 64x64 grid for a home, perhaps allow some attached lots to all be owned and traveled between. Build a big mansion and have a large garden out back - or perhaps a waterfront lot with a non-waterfront lot.

Split level homes - I've been wanting to do this for awhile. The best I've seen is a celebrity home in Sims 3 with a walkout basement that I could not replicate.

Custom apartment lots - (let me design my own apartment highrise, building from some high level. It should also allow for more than 4 levels as it can treat lower floors as basement levels.

Vampiric Feeding - you should be able to force feed on unwilling sims when powers fail using strength as a measure and even drain sims outright, killing them.

Shop homes - run a storefront out of your home rather than coming and going.

Martial arts - bring this back from Sims 3.

World Designer Tool - While the Sims 3 one was never great and needed a physical game copy to work - for unknown reasons - being able to create your own worlds would be extremely useful.

Elevators - we had both standard and futuristic elevators in Sims 3 with expansions, but all we have in 4 is one usable in apartments that can only access one floor.

Custom textures - I'm not sure why this was taken out of Sims 4 - maybe it's a resource issue - but being able to easily slap on textures to garments or walls would certainly be helpful. If it can be done safely, please do it.

Pool/Billiards - You already have the animations - quick add.

Easy Time Dilation - let me pick how long things take - large homes are easier in this game to get through to get to work/school on time, but being able to take things slower so it feels more immersive would be great.

More graduated aging phases - I'm thinking that the phases between kid and teen should have steps within - you grow a little taller every year until you reach the next life stage. Either that or at least add a tween stage.
  • VeronicaTSVeronicaTS Posts: 8 New Member
    Oh, and I'd really like a sex transition option - where your male or female character can undergo SRS and be male or female to match them.
  • LoveMcQueen5683LoveMcQueen5683 Posts: 3,689 Member
    The list got a little bit smaller today 😊

Not sure if to cross off body piercings as we got new facial piercings but not sure if we are getting like belly button piercings or nipple piercings in University.

I'll leave it for now 😊
    LR3g0ni.jpg
  • adamclark83adamclark83 Posts: 692 Member
    How about a doorbell? Sometimes, when Sims are in other parts of the house you can't hear when someone knocks on the door.
    2quwd7.gif

• Kaitlyn12nkKaitlyn12nk Posts: 1 New Member
    I would love it if roofs ended at walls. One thing I love doing is making wrap around porches, but when I add a round roof to the curve I have to make it so big to match the curve that the roof ends up intersecting the inside of the house to where the floor of the house is unusable. It would be nice if all roofs automatically ended when they came in contact with a wall so they are not extending inside the house. I haven't seen any suggestions for how to get around this.
  • Uzone27Uzone27 Posts: 2,808 Member
    Many of the outdoor lights attached to fences without cheats.
    I kinda miss that.
  • CandyBlingCandyBling Posts: 4 New Member
    I'd like to see more sports objects like basketball nets/courts, football fields/practice equipment, soccer goals, tennis courts, dance bars, etc. I've always wanted to be able to have more athletic sims, and with university dropping soon that could easily feed into a scholarship program. I miss sports parties too.

They could use more social interactions and a better social setting in general. I wish there was a nightlife-like pack that offered a little world for bars, clubs, lounges, and bowling alleys and movie theaters if you have the packs. I want speed-dating, double dates, and blind dates I can have one sim arrange for another sim and not just randomly generated ones. There should be more parties too like surprise birthday parties, anniversary/golden anniversary parties, retirement parties, housewarming parties, bachelor(ette) parties, restaurant/store/business opening parties, etc.

I wish the paparazzi could catch famous sims doing something scandalous or admirable and it impact their reputation and relationships. Likewise sims should be able to work with paparazzi to sell good images and boost their fame. And sims should be able to start rumors about other sims, famous or not.
  • Briana2425Briana2425 Posts: 3,591 Member
    edited October 2019
    I would want Preteens, Free babies, memories like in Sims 2 I want fears back as well.
    I want make out on bed like in Sims 2 again. I also want to relax or read on a double bed like in Sims 2. Goose back, make out on vechiles again. Kids interacting with each other through games.
    Like Ms. Mary Mack, tag, Marco Polo in pool or ocean.
    Gameplay I would want interaction for the schools for elementary and highschool and middle school it could be a rabbit hole kids go on field trips, more homework for teens to do especially on laptops.
    CAS items I would like wedding rings especially double rings for the female Sims and engagement ring with the wedding band with classic, modern, and retro style. Also mix and match the rings.
    Post edited by Briana2425 on
  • LunarBLunarB Posts: 6 New Member
    I would love something to enable you to slow down time. I hate the fact that a dinner date takes all night, and even the most menial tasks take forever. That's just not realistic.
  • ListentoToppDoggListentoToppDogg Posts: 2,103 Member
    Baby overhaul giving interactions like this.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FBJqbJpbETs

Traits and personality overhaul.
  • geminilala08geminilala08 Posts: 13 New Member
    I feel like there should be more gigs for the freelance careers or maybe even add a freelance career like blogging. I know there is something like youtubing but what if you don't want to go through the stress of uploading and making a video.
    - being able to make apartments and becoming a landlord
    - more open lots, worlds
    - height adjuster (i don't use mods but it is a dope mod)
    - teen pregnancy (if they can woohoo, they should be able to get pregnant)
    - there should be a slim chance you can get pregnant from regular woohoo
    - NPC families should be able to become pregnant more often
    - when you hook sims up, you should be able to see who they are dating
  • nickelee25nickelee25 Posts: 2 New Member
    I'd really like to see online dating be added like from TS3. But maybe with more options of selfie taking, or how you end up meeting the Sim!
  • JadesimmerJadesimmer Posts: 76 Member
    Firemen please! It's so annoying that sim had to self-extinguish when fire broke out.
    4kTG3iX.png
  • MovottiMovotti Posts: 7,774 Member
    Drums... and the ability to form bands.
    AmusingExhaustedArchaeopteryx-max-1mb.gif
  • nerdfashionnerdfashion Posts: 5,947 Member
    -Goose

-Competitions like cooking, dance, poetry, painting, gaming

Two things. First, what is goose? It was listed under "Sim Interactions." Second, I believe we already have gaming competitions with the Geek Festival, and once you reach a high enough gaming skill you can enter "Gaming Tournaments" via computer.
    funny-gifs20.gif

• lana44lana44 Posts: 60 Member
    Direct control would be a awesome!!!!!!!!!
  • LoveMcQueen5683LoveMcQueen5683 Posts: 3,689 Member
    -Goose

-Competitions like cooking, dance, poetry, painting, gaming

Two things. First, what is goose? It was listed under "Sim Interactions." Second, I believe we already have gaming competitions with the Geek Festival, and once you reach a high enough gaming skill you can enter "Gaming Tournaments" via computer.

Goose is a romantic interaction from Sims 2 when a sim would like grab their romantic partners butt. I think you had to have a pretty high relationship to do it so it wasn't like a creepy thing.

And yeah that's true. I didnt know that when I wrote this.
    LR3g0ni.jpg