Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

THE one & only Discover University complaining thread!

FurSimsOfficialFurSimsOfficial Posts: 2,362 Member
Take this with a grain of salt and some laughter. This is in NO way a joke to the community ranting, giving critics or whatsoever and if anything.. I am standing first in line if it comes to giving my honest critics to this game which is 90% negative. I am sorry, TS4 is just not good.

What I do mean with this thread, is an actual place for us simmers to ONLY be negative, complain, worry or whatever you want to call it about this new upcoming EP and be freed from other simmers who then 'complain' about the complainers. Got it?
So everything goes here. It does not matter whether we have all the information or not, the fact that we just only saw the trailer or that we are just a bunch of 'whiners' as others like to call us. You are free to say whatever you want here. Get rid of what's on your chest and share your dark moments with other simmers. We DO NOT attack each others opinion no matter what it is or no matter how 'ridicule' or unconfirmed it may be. Let your frustrations on the loose :)

Here are some of my careless thoughts:

- The blank page and cricket sounds around bunk beds are making me think that there won't be any. I also feel EA or the devs will just stay silent about it as long as they can. There was a picture shown with regular beds, so it gave me more anxious feelings towards this.
- Why were no any live classes or education material shown in the trailer? It looks like classes are rabbit holes and if there would be any open ones, I feel it would barely outdo TS3. A university trailer without showing off actual classes and study-related stuff? How? Also nothing to be found in the blog.
- I barely felt any new gameplay tbh. Normally with Packs in previous games, there was a main theme or feature that would define everything. I have not felt any of this about this EP. It worries me, cause when EA stays silent = not included.
- How about kids riding bikes?

Comments

• AquaGamer1212AquaGamer1212 Posts: 5,417 Member
    I’m hoping bunk beds are being patched in so that’s why they aren’t in the pack. As far as classes the descriptions mention about going to class so I’m sure some of them are active.
    ts4_blossom_meadows_world_icon_gif_fan_art_by_hazzaplumbob-d.gif

• lexus20lexus20 Posts: 1,302 Member
    My complaint at the moment is where are the pool tables and bunk beds? I've created such a high expectation that these two items would be in this pack, and I was waiting for a University EP mainly because of these two items that I really miss, but apparently they aren't in it (unless they are but weren't show in the trailer/promotional images, which is what I hope).
  • Sk8rblazeSk8rblaze Posts: 7,570 Member
    No complaints from me, yet at least :lol:

I just wish we saw some gameplay. I'd love it if they really put more attention and care into it over objects. Something like the vampire/fame skill tree but for a university student would be very unique and interesting.
  • VaidaVaida Posts: 35 Member
    I'm really disappointed with lack of drums and electric guitars in the game. Hoped forming a band thing would return, or at least more instruments (it seemed like a perfect fit, since we had drums back in TS2 University), but noooope :(
    Nice pants.
    P6Ps.gif
  • MarnettiMarnetti Posts: 1,047 Member
    No backpacks, which isn't a big deal, but I thought that they were a nice touch in TS3
    ~I just like lifestates. Is that too much to ask for?~
    tumblr_p4xbgrS3wO1tltr42o1_500.gif
  • jcp011c2jcp011c2 Posts: 10,860 Member
    Apparently No Bunk Beds or Pool Tables. Love a lot of the B/B stuff I'm seeing.
    It's kind of sad that I have to point out that anything I say is only just my opinion and may be a different one from someone else.
  • jooxisjooxis Posts: 515 Member
    My biggest disappointment as of yet is the lack of drums/bands. I thought drums would be guaranteed and then full bands if we got lucky - but we didn't even get the drums let alone bands.

The gameplay and other elements have to be really good to make up for that - for me personally.
  • DianesimsDianesims Posts: 2,876 Member
    edited October 2019
    I’m wondering if it will change the school system ? It really needs improvement and I was hoping we could get a general school overhaul.
  • KaeChan2089KaeChan2089 Posts: 4,944 Member
    Yeah wasn't impressed, and I found it ironic they played a song seeing "you ain't seen nothing yet..."and" bet you didn't see this coming." and I was saying...Yes...yes I have in both installments .... you really aren't fooling anyone...I am gonna wait for more information before I decide...
    But wasn't impressed....
    Dianesims wrote: »
    I’m wondering if it will change the school system ? It really needs improvement and I was hoping we could get a general school overhaul.

I really doubt it...they won't go that far.
  • SeashoreLiviaSeashoreLivia Posts: 833 Member
    Evie0602 wrote: »
    I'm disappointed that we're getting yet another pack that's completely focused on young adults.

I agree. I'll be so sad if just like in Realm of Magic there's nothing for children or toddlers in this pack. Even just a few CAS items would be better than nothing :(
  • mischiefluvermischiefluver Posts: 738 Member
    I am worried by the phrasing from the blog that once sims are enrolled, they have to "choose a dorm (if they're styaing on-campus)"... please tell me dorms aren't the only options for staying in the college town. I want sororities and fraternities. The fact that they aren't in the trailer makes me think they left greek life out of this expansion which seems very lazy to me. How hard is it to create some greek letter decor and some togas?
  • KidVicious359KidVicious359 Posts: 841 Member
    Im just thinking back to TS2 and TS3 and am worried about this pack. The "secret society" seems pointless if there aren't frats/sororities too. Like many have mentioned: bunk beds (could possibly be a patch in?) pool table. Would of liked the photobooth back maybe? Some actual normal sized arcade games. Wondering about bikes being world and age specific. Will teen and child sims get anything? There is a lot i'm worried about :persevere:
    zv7sly.jpg
    Twitch.tv/MirPanda33 .... Etsy.com/shop/MHillCrafts ... Come say hi!
  • CheekybitsCheekybits Posts: 1,030 Member
    There’s not much I can criticize about when I haven’t played the game or know much about it but i hope all the new careers are not just rabbit holes even if they are semi active or freelancer but rabbit hole careers should just be left for the modding community.
  • auroraael14auroraael14 Posts: 988 Member
    I also am sad to see no bunk beds. :(

I also have concerns about other life stages getting anything at all. I hope that kids have bikes and toddlers have tricycles or something and a few cas items. I really wanted a pack that touched on school for all ages but maybe someday...

I have seen a lot of things I liked but sometimes I feel like they miss opportunities to make the game better.
    Check out my gallery for house builds! Username: aejp24
    Also thank you for making this thread, it seems here we can't really voice our concern without getting people angry.
  • DianesimsDianesims Posts: 2,876 Member
    edited October 2019
    In the Island living trailer it also said “not all images show actual gameplay”.

It looks like a debate thing, a club maybe ? I really hope classes won’t be rabbit holes though.
    I'm calling it now. You won't be able to sit with your Sim in class. It's a rabbit hole. They would have shown the feature in the trailer.

Like, with IL, they didn't include hotels in the trailer -- y'know, because there were none.
    My first clue [aside from there not being any class gameplay marketed in the trailer] --
    mCPpMsG.png

What the heck are those chairs? Where are the desks? Don't tell me this "classroom building" has a room full of chairs. And if I'm not mistaken, those chairs look familiar..

v5BQTCC.png

"Not all images appear in-game."

What the heck?? I've never seen that on a trailer before! And right in the middle of a classroom scene...

This pack doesn't really have me too excited. I'm not the biggest fan of Uni gameplay, but I don't think there's going to be much depth to this pack. It's easy. If they know it's something we've requested, or look forward to seeing, they're going to show it off in the trailer.
    Like the WooHoo shower.

If they made classroom play active, they would have shown it off too.

• HayleeSimsHayleeSims Posts: 124 Member
    edited October 2019
    I have a feeling this going to be another "GP at EP price" type of thing. Cool concepts but not properly fleshed out so it feels hallow. I don't see anything in the trailer except bikes and roommates that could be used outside of university. From what I saw it's basically like Get together but you can get a degree. Modders will more than likely have to fix the pack and make it better which is unfortunate because at this point its like EA is giving them resources and not an actual game.
  • rambahadoerrambahadoer Posts: 405 Member
    I am semi excited the things i like are

Bicycles
    Kegs
    Table tennis
    Shower woohoo
    Cubicles
    Mini fridge
    Pranks
    Piercings

Things im missing or that we haven’t seen that i hoped would be in a uni pack are

Photobooths
    Pooltables
    Comic store
    Arcade machines
    Murphy beds
    Frisbees
    Backpacks
    Vending machines

Things is don’t like

I don’t like the way laptops are handled you can’t use them on the ground they still have a mouse instead of a touchpad you can’t use them outside of the lots and the dumbest thing you can’t even close the tjing i mean seriously???

I’m also affraid we yet again aren’t able to build the dorm rooms just like with the apartments from city living this to me is a huge dissapointment just as the apartments were

The second thing i’m affraid of is the number of majors so far we’ve heard of 4 with one being rather unrealistic not that i’m against it but if your going to have only 4 majors atleast make them common ones