Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Netz-à-porter – outfits ready to wear for your sims (no CC required)

Comments

• telemwilltelemwill Posts: 1,752 Member
    I love the boots in the first outfit! What pack are they from?
  • DMDCTDMDCT Posts: 79 Member
    telemwill wrote: »

@telemwill They're from the Laundry Day Stuff Pack. I know this because I totally overuse them in my game...

@Netzspannung As always, these outfits are a revelation! Especially the first, third and fifth outfit include items I've never used before (but will now). Specifically, the bottoms of the first and third. Never liked them. But in these combinations, they actually work! Are those the StrangerVille pants on three? What witchcraft is this? And why have I never noticed the swatch of the top on five (my guess is Get Famous). Nicely done! Alright... I'm off to CAS!
  • NetzspannungNetzspannung Posts: 2,456 Member
    @DMDCT Glad you found something you like! :)
    Those are the Strangerville pants in #3. The plaid swatches are not my style IRL, but I think it came out cute in that outfit. Very "stroll on a golden fall afternoon".
    The jacket in #5 was added in the update right before GF came out, so it is BG actually. It has some nice swatches, which work with the different jeans in game. And if you pick up the colours of the fake fur accents instead, you can make a whole other set of outfits.
    If I just posted an outfit you like, I have good news - there is more where that came from!
    https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/956513/netz-a-porter-outfits-ready-to-wear-for-your-sims-no-cc-required
    Twitter: NetzspannungTS

we all try ...
  • telemwilltelemwill Posts: 1,752 Member
    DMDCT wrote: »
    telemwill wrote: »

@telemwill They're from the Laundry Day Stuff Pack. I know this because I totally overuse them in my game...

@Netzspannung As always, these outfits are a revelation! Especially the first, third and fifth outfit include items I've never used before (but will now). Specifically, the bottoms of the first and third. Never liked them. But in these combinations, they actually work! Are those the StrangerVille pants on three? What witchcraft is this? And why have I never noticed the swatch of the top on five (my guess is Get Famous). Nicely done! Alright... I'm off to CAS!

Thank you! I may have to get that pack now.

I love this thread!
    @telemwill I can only recommend that pack. It was the last pack I bought, and I got it only because I wanted the complete collection. And I immediately regretted not getting it sooner, because it's easily the best stuff pack of them all! Totally worth it.

@Netzspannung Yes, those pants really do look great with that outfit. They just looked awful every time I tried to use them before... Oh and THAT's where that jacket came from? I was just searching for it in vain! Thanks!

One more thing, and I hope I'm permitted to say this during this day and age, but I wanted to commend you on the aesthetic choice of your models. They are a very fine looking group of young lady sims.
    @DMDCT I'm sorry, but your last paragraph made me laugh. I think its great when guys regularly ask themselves "did I just sound like a creep?". You didn't by the way, you good. :) These are all Sims I play (they only model on the side) and so they are all special to me and I appreciate your comment, thank you.
    If I just posted an outfit you like, I have good news - there is more where that came from!
    https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/956513/netz-a-porter-outfits-ready-to-wear-for-your-sims-no-cc-required

we all try ...
    @Netzspannung Well, I'm glad it brought a smile to your face! I have a question regarding your excellent pictures: How do you get your sims to pose like that? I assume you're taking screenshots directly from CAS using a mod perhaps? I've always logged all the details of my sims in a spreadsheet along with pictures of them, so I'd love to know how you manage to do it. It's been intriguing me ever since I saw your posts.
    @DMDCT I use CAS poses by different creators, I mentioned some of them in my initial post. I place these in my game temporarily only for the purpose of using them in CAS (You can also get Andrew's Pose Player to use them in game.). These poses replace the regular animation for a trait in CAS, so if the pose has been created for the 'Evil' trait, then all you need to do is select the trait and your Sim will start performing a series of poses. All you need to do is snap some pictures. Hope that makes sense!

we all try ...
    @Netzspannung That made perfect sense! I had already searched for Flower Chamber and Ms Blue, but the CAS-pose content somehow completely eluded me. Now I see it!

Thank you so much indeed!
  • kalaksedkalaksed Posts: 2,643 Member
    well... looks like i'm going to be on another outfit revamp spree once i finally get my magic shop up and running... been super busy these past few weeks, so missed everything since your pre-rom witch looks. and, per usual, your outfits have given me ideas (or, in several cases, are likely to be lifted whole cloth)

also, @dmdct i feel ya on the laundry day boots... i realized i had a problem when 13 of 15 makeovers used those boots in at least one outfit, sometimes more... (same goes for the whole pack, i tend to use so much from it in so many ways, even though i skip laundry on at least half of my households)
  • KerrahSimKerrahSim Posts: 13 New Member
    Please do a university inspired looks before "Discover University" comes out. <3
  • KerrahSimKerrahSim Posts: 13 New Member
    > @Netzspannung said:
    > @KerrahSim How nice of you to drop by with this cute idea! Weirdly I keep thinking more about gameplay than anything else right now, so these outfits came from that. When I get the pack, I want to create students with different attitudes that remind me of when I went to Uni. So the top row is "I woke up like this" (they just fell out of bed and stumbled into class) vs "I got this" (they have their own style and you will not mistake them for anyone else on campus) and the bottom row is "All about the books" (they got their job waiting for them after graduation) vs "All about the boys" (they have their date waiting for them in a sweet ride). This is pretty much how everyone dressed at my Uni!
    >
    > Focus: Uni Wear - First Draft
    >
    > (Image)

OMG. I really love all the looks. <3 I'll look forward to your posts once Uni comes out. Thank you!
  • mikamika Posts: 1,733 Member
    Gorgeous! Do you think you could make a Uni wear for males as well?
    @mika always with the tough questions. :) Yes, I am absolutely planning to do some for males, probably this weekend. Frankly, I was not impressed with the male outfits I saw in the trailer (not talking about individual items, but combos) so starting to create outfits now for the premades in the pack is probably not a bad idea.

we all try ...
  • kalaksedkalaksed Posts: 2,643 Member
    just slightly late in getting around to putting any of your latest stuff to use... even though the uni outfits have got me itching to do another editing dive, blast you

mostly just hopping over to say that i've put several of your spellcaster (and just rom) outfits to use... two of the sims uploaded in two of my townie spellcaster households are very much based on your 'sagely wizard' and 'battle-scarred warlock' models, using all four of the outfits you'd set up for them (i checked your gallery for them first, and gave you creative credit in my uploads) and then the blue version of your rom sheer blouse setup is now being rocked by my redesigned gemma charm as her formalwear
    @kalaksed Thanks for that update! It's great to read about how the post about wizards inspired you to create some of your spellcaster townies, I will check those households out on the gallery later!

we all try ...
  • mikamika Posts: 1,733 Member
    These outfifs are fantastic!! I'm obsessed with the top right and I usually dont like khaki but that sim looks so good
    @Netzspannung As always, amazing stuff! I just love how you used that infamous and generally considered "unusable" skirt from Moschino and actually made it look good in that combination for #5!

I have a question though: Why do your men never wear socks? Personally, I always wear socks and can't stand the sight of bare men's legs. Then again, I'm old school. Really, really old school... So sorry in advance if I sound rather quaint about this.
    @DMDCT Good question! While it is not exactly the case that they never wear socks, it is true that they rarely wear socks. So what happened to the sock in my male outfits? The answer is, my outfits come from what I see IRL (and obviously what I think looks good). My observations focus on men between approx 20-40 years of age, roughly what the game considers 'Young Adults'. Socks, especially in the past 5 years or so, are oftentimes either invisible or a fashion statement. The last two pairs that were added to the game for males (in Parenthood and Get Famous) show good examples of a sock as a fashion statement. This in itself is such an interesting development, because the sock never used to be an accessory that was meant to draw attention in this way. Anyway, while I think that for some outfits I posted here socks could be added, just looking at my last post 'College guys', I certainly wouldn't. But this is only my point of view. :smile:

we all try ...
    @Netzspannung That is very interesting indeed, especially coming from a fashionably astute person such as yourself. It take it that your observations stem from somewhere within Europe (a place I haven't visited in more than twenty years). I'm from the Far East myself and the trend here seems to be going into the exact opposite: Whereas most people rarely wore socks only a decade ago, most of them now do.

Like I said, your opinion was immensely interesting to read (especially considering the trivial nature of the subject matter) and I can only encourage you to clad your sims as you see fit in the future, of course, for beauty is in the eye of the beholder; or, as the Romans used to say: De gustibus non est disputandum.

Thank you very much for taking the time to respond to my totally frivolous question with such insightful clarity and detail!
  • skyesterskyester Posts: 43 Member
    Love this page! Thank you so much for sharing your outfits. I, like many it seems, have trouble with creating cute outfits and combos. Most of my sims end up wearing the same thing because of my lack of an eye for styles and such. 😣

I especially love the ones you post for kids and teens because I really struggle with those two for some reason.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top