Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Discover University - Items and Deductions from Initial and Game play Trailers!

Comments

• SimQueenie9SimQueenie9 Posts: 2,944 Member
    doedear wrote: »
    excited for piercings but now i want body hair

Also more facial hair, plz.
  • IrdiwenIrdiwen Posts: 574 Member
    rudy8292 wrote: »
    12JEREMIA wrote: »
    ChadSims2 wrote: »
    I'm truly surprised so far in the effort they put in the bikes they even animated using the kick stand little details like that are important to me. Now they just need to confirm bikes are useable in all worlds I wont believe it till I see it to many let downs with this game with one world features.
    What about urinals? After toilet stalls are here, we need urinals for male restrooms
    Do our male Sims ever get anything? I would not hold my breath on that object.

SimGuruFrost basically confirmed Bikes being exclusive to this EP, so that also basically confirms that they are NOT usable in other worlds, and are only for Teens - Elders.
    That plum! You know what? That’s fine with me

Not with me.

People should stop settling for less all the time. Why do you think this game is shallow as plum? Because EA can get away with it, and this attitude shows.

Give them more reasons to make halfbaked content.

I’m sorry, but I honestly don’t care for bikes (or cars, for that matter). And that’s not “attitude”, that’s just preference. It’s also not “settling”.

My sensitive point in this pack is that I want plenty majors to choose from, and they will hear from me if that’s not the case.

Everyone has their own sensitive points.
    Simmer since 2000! Sims 1, Sims, 2, Sims 3, Sims 4. Legacy player at heart.
    Irdiwen wrote: »
    I'm truly surprised so far in the effort they put in the bikes they even animated using the kick stand little details like that are important to me. Now they just need to confirm bikes are useable in all worlds I wont believe it till I see it to many let downs with this game with one world features.
    What about urinals? After toilet stalls are here, we need urinals for male restrooms

SimGuruFrost basically confirmed Bikes being exclusive to this EP, so that also basically confirms that they are NOT usable in other worlds, and are only for Teens - Elders.

Not with me.

People should stop settling for less all the time. Why do you think this game is shallow as plum? Because EA can get away with it, and this attitude shows.

I’m sorry, but I honestly don’t care for bikes (or cars, for that matter). And that’s not “attitude”, that’s just preference. It’s also not “settling”.

My sensitive point in this pack is that I want plenty majors to choose from, and they will hear from me if that’s not the case.

Same. They better not only have three majors!
  • TopNotchToddlerTopNotchToddler Posts: 190 Member
    There are university mascots and the Britechester and Foxbury logo can be seen on different types of clothing, I hope the swatches of the athlete career's cheerleader outfit get an update to include these too.
  • IrdiwenIrdiwen Posts: 574 Member
    I didn’t see any elders, so I guess it’s YA and possibly Adult only.
    Simmer since 2000! Sims 1, Sims, 2, Sims 3, Sims 4. Legacy player at heart.
  • belpitabelpita Posts: 1,445 Member
    I am cautiously excited for bicycles, hoping they will be both useable in all worlds and possible to decorate with when building.

I kind of don't think there will be more than 3 subjects/careers to study, seeing as that seems the norm for the game in general. At least if they have some interactive parts, like the careers where you can choose to work from home.

I also want to know if university is only for young adults and if they have to live in dorms or on campus. Where I live it's not unusual for people of all adult ages to study at the university, especially when reaching higher levels like doctorate degrees and research. I have no idea how dorms work either, since it's not a thing in my country, so I hope we can have our students live off campus in all worlds.
  • lexus20lexus20 Posts: 1,302 Member
    Since they added toilet stalls, I wonder if they added urinals too. In the trailer they showed a female restroom, not a male one, so it's possible that they added urinals too for male restrooms.
    I didn’t see any elders, so I guess it’s YA and possibly Adult only.

Sims 4? Focusing on the Young Adult lifestage? Nah, that doesn't sound like them...
  • rudy8292rudy8292 Posts: 3,410 Member
    edited October 2019

Not with me.

Settling for less doesn't only apply to bikes, just for the record. It's a general statement.

Same goes for the Majors. If there are only 3.. and you are not okay with that, so that's the same.

My point in general is; Even if packs are lacking, most of the community will buy them anyway, even if they don't agree with it. No wonder why they keep on making halfbaked packs. Why would they do more work for the same income?

If people are really not okay with what the packs offer or how the game is setup, they simply should stop buying. Complaining after you bought it isn't going to do anything, since you cannot refund and they have your money already by that time.

The whole #EAlisten movement was to get EA to listen to the community. Stop producing lackluster packs, do something about the core issues. I have seen many simmers stating they were not going to purchase any packs anymore until EA fixed the game, until that shiny University trailer came around. Suddenly all of the problems are forgotten about, people will buy it still, and within 2 days after release the same people are complaining again about how shallow and lackluster the packs are and how little replayability they have. And this cycle keeps repeating until The Sims 4 is done, and EA made billions.

But if you have fun with the Sims 4, and think the packs are not halfbaked and shallow, no one is going to stop you. Enjoy.
  • DianesimsDianesims Posts: 2,876 Member
    I hope parent sims can react to their teen getting a piercing. (Btw I’ve seen eyebrow piercings and nose piercings).
    doedear wrote: »
    excited for piercings but now i want body hair

• PeculiarPlumbobPeculiarPlumbob Posts: 535 Member
    I need the male hair style (I hope it comes in solid swatches as well and not just in the ombres)... I'm low key excited for the piercings but I don't have high expectations for them... I feel like they're gonna be really chunky, big and awkward looking. I didn't really pay much attention to the trailer, those are just the two things that I liked on a quick glance.
  • ChampandGirlieChampandGirlie Posts: 2,482 Member
    I also hope there are a lot more than three majors. I mean, come on, we need some options for our sims who are going to end up all jaded and working in coffee shops afterward too. Not being snarky.
    Champ and Girlie are dogs.
  • SimsStarfishSimsStarfish Posts: 147 Member
    I also hope there are a lot more than three majors. I mean, come on, we need some options for our sims who are going to end up all jaded and working in coffee shops afterward too. Not being snarky.

So they updated the original description text that was leaked by Microsoft for console

The original text read:
    "Sims enroll in the University that piques their interest, finding classes in biology, computer science, art history, and even villainy. Attend a lecture or work on term papers and presentations – the more your Sim learns, the better they will be in careers like teaching, law, and engineering. Going to classes or blowing them off will affect your Sim’s grades, so time management is a must."

Now the pre-order description on Origin reads:
    "Any class you can think of is available for study: computer science, art history, even villainy. Whether you attend class or skip it is up to you, but be warned: your Sims’ grades will be affected."

And on Sims 4 EA website the description reads:
    "When it comes right down to it, college is all about the classes and your Sims have a huge selection of them to choose from. Biology? Sure thing. Computer Science? You bet. Villainy? Weirdly enough, yeah! There are lectures to attend, term papers to work on, and presentations to give. And, of course, attending classes (or blowing them off) will affect their final grades. Remember, the more they learn, the better they’ll be in their future careers, so no slacking if your Sims want to succeed."

So I think its fairly safe to say it will be more than four classes.

What I find more interesting is that they call them classes and not majors so maybe there are multiple classes for a major and they can be mixed and matched for a degree? So if you want to be a stylist you could take a class in fashion but then also one in art history. Maybe this affects the credit system somehow and so for each major, certain classes give you a certain amount of credits?

Or maybe they are just calling them classes. Lets wait and see I guess.

• TheIntrovertSimmerTheIntrovertSimmer Posts: 641 Member
    elelunicy wrote: »

They can make more bikes for other packs without adding them to the base game. In TS2 cars were exclusive to Nightlife, but they later added a new car in FreeTime & it was fully functional without needing Nightlife. They are doing things similarly in TS4 too (for example drones were exclusive to Get Famous but now they're adding more drones in Discover University).

There was no way they were going to give bikes away for free in the first place anyway, given how detailed the animation is compared to TS3 bikes. The only reason cars & bikes were in TS3 base game is that they needed them for transportation due to the open world. They didn't really have a choice (which is why they cheaped out on animation)

they won't.
    y'all got bread?
  • DaepheneDaephene Posts: 1,760 Member
    There are three different neighborhood scenes shown behind the title, so my guess would be three neighborhoods.

Maybe the sims in the bar who resemble Erwin Pries and Cassandra Goth are meant to indicate that current teen and YA sims can both be sent to university (unlike in sims 2 where if you'd aged up from teen it was too late for you, since YA only existed at university). Which would also probably mean no non-traditional students.

I don't think it's a prosthetic arm, looks like a robotic glove in some of the still shots. I'm very interested in that holographic interface the girl was using in the robotics lab.

The choice of song had to be intentionally ironic, right?
  • EnkiSchmidtEnkiSchmidt Posts: 5,341 Member
    Browsing through the screenshots at Simscommunity: in the second one, the full view of Foxbury, is that a sim playing with a remote control plane? (A bit right of the middle of the pic, the one wearing a pink t-shirt)
  • EnkiSchmidtEnkiSchmidt Posts: 5,341 Member
    Also in this one, the blonde sim to the right, she looks like Jordan Mayer from the City Living boxart and trailers:
    y2mate.com-we_love_the_school_spirit_in_the_air_VtPy-71fkSc_1080p-058.jpg[img][/img]
  • Did anyone catch any hints of the Secret Society in the trailer?
    The only thing I can think of is that the sweater of the goth girl has a logo on it that might be of the Secret Society.

All in all, so far the Secret Society are great at keeping themselves secret! :open_mouth:
  • Also in this one, the blonde sim to the right, she looks like Jordan Mayer from the City Living boxart and trailers:
    y2mate.com-we_love_the_school_spirit_in_the_air_VtPy-71fkSc_1080p-058.jpg[img][/img]

Yeah, great catch! I believe I've seen that green mohawk-guy somewhere too, but I can't place him! Any ideas?

• AllinsimstimeAllinsimstime Posts: 106 Member
    > @elelunicy said:
    > (Quote)
    >
    > They can make more bikes for other packs without adding them to the base game. In TS2 cars were exclusive to Nightlife, but they later added a new car in FreeTime & it was fully functional without needing Nightlife. They are doing things similarly in TS4 too (for example drones were exclusive to Get Famous but now they're adding more drones in Discover University).
    >
    > There was no way they were going to give bikes away for free in the first place anyway, given how detailed the animation is compared to TS3 bikes. The only reason cars & bikes were in TS3 base game is that they needed them for transportation due to the open world. They didn't really have a choice (which is why they cheaped out on animation)

The Woohoo Bush was exclusive to Get Together but they added a new one in Jungle Adventure!
  • catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,395 Member
    I have already seen a couple of items and a few things in the trailer that weren't mentioned in the description leak. Thought it would be cool if we could all add on items/deductions as we find things in the trailer.

One exciting thing, shower woohoo is in the new pack..

Also new showers.
    Yardenro wrote: »
    I'm sure there's way more to come, this trailer didn't even say specific launch date!
    and I have just one "bad" thing to say..I find it REALLY weird that one of the main dudes wears a shirt we already have IN GAME. didn't all trailers have just new and basegame things appear in them? I'm talking about the guy at 00:28 mark.

HAVING SAID THAT, daayyyyyyyuummm that's a pack I've been waiting for for 5 years!!!!! i'm so stoked. I really really am.
    the piercings, the new tattoos (I think), the bathroom stalls, the shower woohoo, THE BIKE?!, the pingpong table!!!!, it looks like there's a keg party, because there's a KEG, there's also at least one prank to pull (the TP one)
    I'M HERE FOR IT, can't wait for more trailers.

Yes it did. The release date for PC and Consoles was at the end of the trailer.
  • elelunicyelelunicy Posts: 2,004 Member
    edited October 2019
    The Woohoo Bush was exclusive to Get Together but they added a new one in Jungle Adventure!

At least the WooHoo Bush was only part of the world in Jungle Adventure. You couldn't find it in the build/buy catalog & use it freely.

TS3 was so blatant with its content recycling. Hot Tub was exclusive to Late Night and then they recycled it in Outdoor Living, Showtime, Seasons, Island Paradise, Into the Future, and then of course countless store sets. The new playground equipment from Generations were not only recycled in other packs, they even added recolored versions to the base game for free. It made laugh when people made a fuss about a few paid CAS items being added to the base game for the rebrand, when TS3 had far more significant content recycled to the base game for free.
    qidpmcvgek8y.png
    > @elelunicy said:
    > (Quote)
    >
    > They can make more bikes for other packs without adding them to the base game. In TS2 cars were exclusive to Nightlife, but they later added a new car in FreeTime & it was fully functional without needing Nightlife. They are doing things similarly in TS4 too (for example drones were exclusive to Get Famous but now they're adding more drones in Discover University).
    >
    > There was no way they were going to give bikes away for free in the first place anyway, given how detailed the animation is compared to TS3 bikes. The only reason cars & bikes were in TS3 base game is that they needed them for transportation due to the open world. They didn't really have a choice (which is why they cheaped out on animation)

Same with the Bon Fire from Get Together and added to Island Living.
  • SimsStarfishSimsStarfish Posts: 147 Member
    I really cant believe we have to wait till 8th of November to get more information on the pack.
    That is more than 2 weeks away....
    Usually they have 3 different developers talks with CAS & Gameplay, Game Mechanics and Build/Buy and the new world. And then they spread them out.
    Why do you think they are bunching them all into one deep dive? They did the same with Seasons I think.
    Maybe they want to keep the mystery and excitement so more people pre-order?
    BUT Seasons deep dive was 3 hours long and this is only 2...
    Do you think there is less content or maybe they just dont want to show it all?
    I'm nervous...