Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

The Sims 4 Discover University Expansion Pack - Orientation video

Comments

• NotSoLuckyNotSoLucky Posts: 4,682 Member
    Yay!!! Very excited.
  • AineAine Posts: 3,043 Member
    SimTrippy wrote: »
    bizuktag wrote: »
    People always say this and most of the time - ocean swimming aside - they're wrong. Sure we won't know til then, but I think my sims will be riding their bikes around BB :)

Ocean swimming, apartments, the hospital, the police HQ, the film studios - all locked to one world. I'm not getting my hopes up for bikes.

Won't stop you, but there are many counterexamples as well. And the most consequential one, in this case, would be aquazips. If we can use those in pools large enough in other worlds, I'd be amazed if we couldn't use bikes. These kinds of gameplay objects have never been limited.
    To me aquazips are INCREDIBLY limited. They're definitely locked to the world - I don't really count pools, you can't really go anywhere in them. Now if we could have zipped around outside the Windenburg Island then I would've agreed with you, but alas.
    Allons-y!

---> Afterlife Game Pack Idea - improved ghosts, cemeteries and funerals, psychics, new skills, new career and more! <---
    ---> Burglary Stuff Pack Idea - Burglars, alarm systems, and diamonds to steal!<---
  • AquaGamer1212AquaGamer1212 Posts: 5,417 Member
    Quaay wrote: »
    Bunk beds can still come in the base game patch before this releases.
    I liked the trailer but still want to see the map and know how many lots there are and also want to know about the careers but assume that will be in another trailer specific to careers?

I’m gonna guess and hope that’s why they aren’t in the pack is because they’re coming in a patch for everyone to have 💙
    ts4_blossom_meadows_world_icon_gif_fan_art_by_hazzaplumbob-d.gif

• AlexaiAlexai Posts: 185 Member
    edited October 2019

Many college dorms do in fact have bunk beds so it wouldn't be unrealistic to include them in a uni pack.
  • gemjasgemjas Posts: 211 Member
    gemjas wrote: »
    My poor self has already entered 6 different giveaways for this. I want it soooo, so badly. I've been waiting for this since I bought the sims and the trailer makes the pack look promising.

I'm mostly curious about the world. I know the quick shots aren't really that revealing, but it looks big. I wonder if the actual universities are in their own separate "worlds" like the Get to Work career lots, though. Either way, I'm excited with what I've seen so far.

I wish you good luck with the giveaways! You may have already entered that one as well, but Pixelade is doing one too :)

Yes, I did! I've been obsessively searching for giveaways on twitter to make sure I get them all, lol.

Thank you though!
  • doublenoodlesdoublenoodles Posts: 89 Member
    Screaming! I can't wait, finally i have something to do with young adults.
  • Jon the WizardJon the Wizard Posts: 268 Member
    Okay, I'm invested.
  • ListentoToppDoggListentoToppDogg Posts: 2,103 Member
    As someone who wasn't interested in a university pack at all...this did absolutely nothing to change that. This just looks like "Get Together at school" to me. The only thing that even remotely appealed to me was the bikes, but it just made me upset that adults are getting them while kids and toddlers still don't have them. Idk, maybe they started off with a mediocre trailer to save the interesting stuff for later, but as a first impression, I'm not impressed at all.

Sadly, as I feared, the trailer was more focused on partying and friends and fun, over actual classes and studying. I was disappointed to see they didn't show off anything from the teaching or law careers. For a university pack, I just didn't see much education going on here and that just limits the appeal to me. But I was never interested in this pack anyway, so whatever.
  • LadyKynLadyKyn Posts: 3,594 Member
    edited October 2019
    University has never been a big favorite EP of mine in any installment (the school aspect is always been pretty boring to me), but looking forward to a lot of the activities, build/buy mode and CAS items are looking really good. :) Nice to know there's some returning careers coming as I know Education is one that's been requested. Hoping you can tutort sims and younger sims (especially for money)

Really wantin' that minifridge will fit well into a lot my more run down apartments and trailer builds in game. Definitely giving a couple of sims a bike so I can see them riding around outside of University as well.
    5vJrxmT.png
  • Dayvon64Dayvon64 Posts: 493 Member
    I'm lowkey scared due to the reveal focus on things you can do "outside" of class. I know this is only the reveal and that people want more activities, but the whole point of college, university, heck even school is education. It just feels due to the description there really isn't many majors you can pick as they are very vague and basic and I really do hope that there isn't just 1 class you go to that's a rabbit hole. I'd be fine if there were multiple classes you go to that were rabbit holes, because then it would at least feel like you aren't just going to biology class for a couple days and now you are a master in biology there are multiple classes you should need to take for 1 major. I do apologize for all this I'm excited as well, but the more I look at the info it just feels like idk.
  • SilentKittySilentKitty Posts: 4,665 Member

I really like the bikes! Where I live we have great public communication so I don't have a driver's license and my family has no car. Most families do not have a car here but there are lots and lots of bikes. If these will be usable in all worlds at some point I would be very happy. Don't want to get my hopes up too much at the moment, it will be nice to see my sims going around campus as well.
  • jcp011c2jcp011c2 Posts: 10,859 Member
    So I've already preordered and the theme of university is not even one of my favorites. But there's always a ton of build/buy that I enjoy. I'm still holding out for a big reveal of bunk beds, but I'll definitely be sad if they don't come in this pack. I can't imagine another pack they would be more suitable for.
    It's kind of sad that I have to point out that anything I say is only just my opinion and may be a different one from someone else.
  • 2fab4uboo2fab4uboo Posts: 47 Member
    I wonder how many dorm rooms will be available in each building. Will there be two story dormitories? Also will there be apartments since students can live off campus or will there just be houses? It'd be nice if they had duplexes or townhouses. Are there going to be shops? If they had a bookstore it be nice if your sim could work their to help pay for college. Is the neighborhood going to be a college town or just dorms and the campus? I know that no can answer these questions right now. I'm just speculating out loud.
  • SilentKittySilentKitty Posts: 4,665 Member
    Ohh... so there is time to do something about it.

Can we please have the trailer-sims in the game. The nice-looking ones :)

We can of course to the age-old-dance of us complaining and moaning on the forum for a couple of weeks before they drop into the Gallery but if it is all the same to you I would really really like having them in the game from the get-go.
  • SimTrippySimTrippy Posts: 7,651 Member
    I can't believe it took THIS LONG to get proper bathroom stalls in the game...We've be doing makeshift stalls with tiny rooms and normal doors for, like FIVE YEARS now...and we FINALLY have proper stalls for public toilets. Why did it take this freaking long? That should have been in the base game, and ya'll know it. And that line, "Bet you didn't see this coming?" Is that a poke at the fact that this pack's existence was revealed by data-miners almost a month before the official reveal, or a bad joke referring to how "University" was basically guaranteed because it's been a staple pack since TS2 and most simmers enjoy what this theme has to offer for YA sims...? Either way, it was neither clever nor funny. Sorry, marketing team.

Ahem! Anyway, looking forward to robotics and bikes. Really, that's the only stuff I'll be buying this pack for, since I doubt all of the social interactions and activities shown will actually be as fun and exciting as advertised. Now...Werewolves, when?

That was...kinda salty 😅

Yeah, I guess it was. But, you've got to admit, five years is a long time to wait for something as basic as bathroom stalls in a life simulator game. Plus, I've been waiting on werewolves since launch, and I'm getting grumpy, especially after spending time with TS3's werewolves and being annoyed with how poorly they were done both aesthetically and functionally.

...And, that line was CORNY!!! So, so, much corn...I couldn't let them live that down.

I do hope that we can make true androids with robotics this time, though. Servos/Simbots are cool and all, but there's so much you can explore if you can make a bot more similar to Data or Mega Man...

Haha no judgement though, honestly. I get it, sometimes it's just annoying to not get the features you really want and need in the game. And the occults have been slooooow to come. There is a huge upside to them being more fleshed out, but I also would've been cool with a huge EP that would've given us witches, fairies and werewolves in one go. Alas. I hope you guys are still getting them. I honestly don't care about werewolves but we're all simmers.
  • SimTrippySimTrippy Posts: 7,651 Member
    edited October 2019
    Aine wrote: »
    People always say this and most of the time - ocean swimming aside - they're wrong. Sure we won't know til then, but I think my sims will be riding their bikes around BB :)

Ocean swimming, apartments, the hospital, the police HQ, the film studios - all locked to one world. I'm not getting my hopes up for bikes.

Won't stop you, but there are many counterexamples as well. And the most consequential one, in this case, would be aquazips. If we can use those in pools large enough in other worlds, I'd be amazed if we couldn't use bikes. These kinds of gameplay objects have never been limited.
    To me aquazips are INCREDIBLY limited. They're definitely locked to the world - I don't really count pools, you can't really go anywhere in them. Now if we could have zipped around outside the Windenburg Island then I would've agreed with you, but alas.

Yes and if oceans ever become swimmable in all worlds, I'm sure you'll be able to use aquazips in all of them. It's not the aquazips that are limited, it's ocean swimming. ;) But since sims can walk on roads already, again, I'd be extremely surprised if we can't use our bikes on them. Maybe you guys will turn out to be right, but I just don't see why they'd let us build sandcastles everywhere but not ride bikes. That's just not consistent to me sorry :) and I like to withhold my negativity until it's actually warranted, because there's already too much of it going around.
  • Hearts4uHearts4u Posts: 1,775 Member
    edited October 2019
    I am so excited for this. I've never been disappointed in any of the games I've added for the Sims 4 as I feel it is well worth my money spent. After seeing James Turner slow this down for me, I am even more excited.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MjgLE6aUopA

It is truly going to be a Happy Simming for me come November because my Sims are going to college.
    Origin ID: littlebonnieblue
  • TopNotchToddlerTopNotchToddler Posts: 190 Member
    edited October 2019
    [...]Sadly, as I feared, the trailer was more focused on partying and friends and fun, over actual classes and studying.[...]
    I really hope that there is more of the educational part of university life.

Aine wrote: »

Yes and if oceans ever become swimmable in all worlds, I'm sure you'll be able to use aquazips in all of them. It's not the aquazips that are limited, it's ocean swimming. ;) But since sims can walk on roads already, again, I'd be extremely surprised if we can't use our bikes on them. Maybe you guys will turn out to be right, but I just don't see why they'd let us build sandcastles everywhere but not ride bikes. That's just not consistent to me sorry :) and I like to withhold my negativity until it's actually warranted, because there's already too much of it going around.
    I'm not trying to be negative, I'm just being realistic. The dev team aren't allowed to really complete features at this point in the game, and the new features we get are either tied to specific places/worlds or events that are scripted. Honestly a part of me always reserves hope that they will prove me wrong. It's not that I don't think that bikes are possible in other worlds - it completely depends on how doable it is for the devs to actually use resources to expand the feature to all worlds or not. It's definitely more likely that bikes would be expanded to all worlds than we getting cars though, understandably. It's just that I've been disappointed too many times, so I'm jaded.
    Allons-y!

---> Afterlife Game Pack Idea - improved ghosts, cemeteries and funerals, psychics, new skills, new career and more! <---
    ---> Burglary Stuff Pack Idea - Burglars, alarm systems, and diamonds to steal!<---
  • BabykittyjadeBabykittyjade Posts: 4,975 Member
    I'm praying we can attend atleast one class.
    Zombies, oh please oh please give us zombies!! :'(
  • DeleteDelete Posts: 27 Member
    edited October 2019
    Hopefully this pack isn't to disappointing cause the engineer/ robotics classes look hot as hecc

I hope that sims can really autonomously have mental breakdowns in dirty uni bathrooms too! Adds to the realism <3
    Sadly, as I feared, the trailer was more focused on partying and friends and fun, over actual classes and studying. I was disappointed to see they didn't show off anything from the teaching or law careers. For a university pack, I just didn't see much education going on here and that just limits the appeal to me. But I was never interested in this pack anyway, so whatever.
    My expectations for the school part of the pack is VERY low. I predict we won't get much choices nor actual gameplay that ties into the school part - the only thing they've mentioned so far are the clubs, which lets be real are just a reskin of the get together clubs feature. So more of the same stuff we already have, and no new actual gameplay with depth.
    Allons-y!

• AgentJuliaAgentJulia Posts: 77 Member
    2fab4uboo wrote: »
    No drums or electric guitars. That means no bands, welp color me disappointed. I feel like we'll never get them now. Guess EA doesn't want to take the time to do those animations. I'd rather have bands than "juice pong" Oh well it is what it is. I am a little more than mildly excited for this pack. I just wish EA would add something new instead of recycling what's already been done in TS2 and TS3. Of course I haven't seen everything yet so hopefully there will be something that makes TS4 university stand out from the previous two versions.

(Animation major here!) Just a friendly reminder that animation is a LOT of hard work and also time and money! While there are always things to hope for we should remember that EA is a company with a budget and a limited amount of time so they have to figure out the best way to distribute their money and labor. Look at the beautiful new world and all of the other cool features for example! (It's probably not a, oh they don't want to take the time, but rather they don't have the time to take). They're trying to fit everyone's wishlists!

Otherwise I am very excited for this pack and I can't wait to put it on my Christmas list this year! :blush: The crab mascot is so funny 😂
  • SindocatSindocat Posts: 5,622 Member
    2fab4uboo wrote: »
    No drums or electric guitars. That means no bands, welp color me disappointed. I feel like we'll never get them now.

Bands seem to me to be a great pick for Game Pack treatment. I actually like better how TS4 gradates content release, and they have said they already have ideas for years to come. I wouldn't give up hope.

Remember also that this is just the announcement reveal. Loads more detail on things like Law, Education and Engineering careers, specific classes and majors, precise deliniation of what Britechester offers compared to Foxbury, etc.

The trailer reveals enough features that I know I will enjoy playing at University that I am excited for this pack. I have also wanted an Education career for a long time.
  • DanteEDMDanteEDM Posts: 98 Member
    Yeah! So looking forward to this. I can't seem to pre-order. We're finally getting stalls! Huzzah!
    "Nothing inspires forgiveness quite like revenge." Scott Adams