Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Discover University - Items and Deductions from Initial and Game play Trailers!

Comments

• SimsStarfishSimsStarfish Posts: 147 Member
    Theres a girl in one of the screenshots that appears to have a robotic arm hand attachement, and other sims also working around with new head gear technology
  • QueenMercyQueenMercy Posts: 1,680 Member
    edited October 2019
    Yardenro wrote: »
    I'm sure there's way more to come, this trailer didn't even say specific launch date!
    and I have just one "bad" thing to say..I find it REALLY weird that one of the main dudes wears a shirt we already have IN GAME. didn't all trailers have just new and basegame things appear in them? I'm talking about the guy at 00:28 mark.

HAVING SAID THAT, daayyyyyyyuummm that's a pack I've been waiting for for 5 years!!!!! i'm so stoked. I really really am.
    the piercings, the new tattoos (I think), the bathroom stalls, the shower woohoo, THE BIKE?!, the pingpong table!!!!, it looks like there's a keg party, because there's a KEG, there's also at least one prank to pull (the TP one)
    I'M HERE FOR IT, can't wait for more trailers.

November 15th for PC/Mac and December 17th for consoles.

https://www.ea.com/games/the-sims/the-sims-4/news/discover-university-reveal

Really hoping we also get a stationary bike and bicycles for children and maybe a tricycle for toddlers. Imagine how adorable a stationary tricycle for children and toddlers would be!

Edit: they actually added some swatches to pack clothing in the rebrand patch, people were really angry. That version of his shirt is part of the base game.
  • CinebarCinebar Posts: 33,618 Member
    Sofmc9 wrote: »
    There are get on/out animations on the bikes!! And a helmet when riding. Looks just like the picture I twitted the Devs last year or so.

SaOVUmR.jpg

MizCArP.png

usj9Pf6.jpg

What I see are backdrops that remind me of noneditable world of the hospital. And if that girl going into the shell buidling is any indication, it may be the labs are inside those type buildings and not editable by us. Had to use your post so others could see what I mean. Nice kid bikes.
    "Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.
    The pack description mentioned robotics, debate and art clubs. So I guess the screenshots of the debate and the lab are for the clubs. So as mentioned above, probably not editable. I thought maybe the robotics lab could be tied into the studying engineering and that meant maybe other majors like culinary could have their own labs/spaces with interactions but I think those "Active career" type spaces link up with the clubs only
  • QueenMercyQueenMercy Posts: 1,680 Member
    The pack description mentioned robotics, debate and art clubs. So I guess the screenshots of the debate and the lab are for the clubs. So as mentioned above, probably not editable. I thought maybe the robotics lab could be tied into the studying engineering and that meant maybe other majors like culinary could have their own labs/spaces with interactions but I think those "Active career" type spaces link up with the clubs only

It’s possible that the clubs could meet up in the classrooms?
  • CementCement Posts: 3,505 Member
    QueenMercy wrote: »
    I'm sure there's way more to come, this trailer didn't even say specific launch date!
    and I have just one "bad" thing to say..I find it REALLY weird that one of the main dudes wears a shirt we already have IN GAME. didn't all trailers have just new and basegame things appear in them? I'm talking about the guy at 00:28 mark.

HAVING SAID THAT, daayyyyyyyuummm that's a pack I've been waiting for for 5 years!!!!! i'm so stoked. I really really am.
    the piercings, the new tattoos (I think), the bathroom stalls, the shower woohoo, THE BIKE?!, the pingpong table!!!!, it looks like there's a keg party, because there's a KEG, there's also at least one prank to pull (the TP one)
    I'M HERE FOR IT, can't wait for more trailers.

November 15th for PC/Mac and December 17th for consoles.

https://www.ea.com/games/the-sims/the-sims-4/news/discover-university-reveal

Really hoping we also get a stationary bike and bicycles for children and maybe a tricycle for toddlers. Imagine how adorable a stationary tricycle for children and toddlers would be!

Edit: they actually added some swatches to pack clothing in the rebrand patch, people were really angry. That version of his shirt is part of the base game.

ahhh I hope this is the case!
    As for the recolors, I hope a majority of the stuff in this pack aren't just recolors... 😒
    I was one of the angry people regarding the rebrand ofc lol
    From the screenshots and trailer looks like there will probably be at least 2 neighbourhoods, one with each University. They will probably each have their own library, bar, student central and dorms?

I wonder if say your story line is that you have two siblings and one goes to Foxbury and the other goes to Britechester, then if you want the one to stay in the Foxbury dorms and the other to stay in the Britechester dorms, they would to be two separate households or live off campus?

Do sims have to stay in the dorms of their University?

Maybe there is a third neighbourhood that has all the dorms or neutral living spaces?
  • 12JEREMIA12JEREMIA Posts: 3,143 Member
    What about urinals? After toilet stalls are here, we need urinals for male restrooms
  • DannydanboDannydanbo Posts: 18,057 Member
    I've seen two new tattoos that are a dog and a cat which should have been in Cats and Dogs but, I hope they at the very least, included tattoos of a lobster and a dragon to represent you college. What good is a dog tattoo on the back of your arm unless you can get a dragon or lobster? School spirit!
  • ChadSims2ChadSims2 Posts: 5,090 Member
    I'm truly surprised so far in the effort they put in the bikes they even animated using the kick stand little details like that are important to me. Now they just need to confirm bikes are useable in all worlds I wont believe it till I see it to many let downs with this game with one world features.
    12JEREMIA wrote: »
    What about urinals? After toilet stalls are here, we need urinals for male restrooms
    Do our male Sims ever get anything? I would not hold my breath on that object.

Sims 4 went from "You Rule" to "One of the stories we want you to tell"
  • rudy8292rudy8292 Posts: 3,410 Member
    ChadSims2 wrote: »
    I'm truly surprised so far in the effort they put in the bikes they even animated using the kick stand little details like that are important to me. Now they just need to confirm bikes are useable in all worlds I wont believe it till I see it to many let downs with this game with one world features.

SimGuruFrost basically confirmed Bikes being exclusive to this EP, so that also basically confirms that they are NOT usable in other worlds, and are only for Teens - Elders.

rudy8292 wrote: »

SimGuruFrost basically confirmed Bikes being exclusive to this EP, so that also basically confirms that they are NOT usable in other worlds, and are only for Teens - Elders.
    That sucks! You know what? That’s fine with me

That plum! You know what? That’s fine with me

Not with me.

People should stop settling for less all the time. Why do you think this game is shallow as plum? Because EA can get away with it, and this attitude shows.

Give them more reasons to make halfbaked content.

That plum! You know what? That’s fine with me

Not with me.

People should stop settling for less all the time. Why do you think this game is shallow as plum? Because EA can get away with it, and this attitude shows.

Give them more reasons to make halfbaked content.
    *sighing* fine! WTH!
  • ChadSims2ChadSims2 Posts: 5,090 Member

So once again one of the biggest features is tied to a world and only for adults+ why am I not surprised I'm so ready for Paralives.
    Sims 4 went from "You Rule" to "One of the stories we want you to tell"
  • YardenroYardenro Posts: 376 Member

it could be that they come as an objects in THIS EP and not a patch, no? and that means there is a chance for them to be usable in other worlds..no?

-Yarden.

So once again one of the biggest features is tied to a world and only for adults+ why am I not surprised I'm so ready for Paralives.

I feel you. It's ridiculous. I don't want to be negative about this game all the time, but they simply don't give me any reason to be positive at all. Everything they release is watered down/confined to one world or simply cut.

I also noticed that the ''cool'' uni buildings look like rabbitholes in the trailer. Why am I not surprised.

Paralives already looks and seems very promising and that game is STILL relatively early in development and already looks more promising compared to 5 years with The Sims 4..
  • pinneduphairpinneduphair Posts: 918 Member
    edited October 2019

it could be that they come as an objects in THIS EP and not a patch, no? and that means there is a chance for them to be usable in other worlds..no?

That's what I was thinking as well. Unless I missed something else where SimGuruFrost more clearly implied that bikes would be locked to the DU world, all that he confirmed was that the bikes will be exclusive to the pack and not in the pre-patch.
    hyrulerose wrote: »

That's what I was thinking as well. Unless I missed something else where SimGuruFrost more clearly implied that bikes would be locked to the DU world, all that he confirmed was that the bikes will be exclusive to the pack and not in the pre-patch.

I wouldn't hold my breath. They cannot make new bikes if they are a pack exclusive item. Normally they patch at least one of the items in the base game (such as lounge chairs) so they can keep adding more in other packs.

• pinneduphairpinneduphair Posts: 918 Member

I wouldn't hold my breath. They cannot make new bikes if they are a pack exclusive item. Normally they patch at least one of the items in the base game (such as lounge chairs) so they can keep adding more in other packs.

Okay. I don't really care if they don't add new bikes to the game in the future. All I'm saying is we have no reason to think they're aren't usable in other worlds. The fact that they won't (likely) be in other packs/patches besides DU, doesn't prove that. We also have no confirmation that they will be usable in other worlds. It's just up in the air right now.
    Looks like we are going to have to wait till November 8th for all the pack info :'(

• elelunicyelelunicy Posts: 2,004 Member
    @rudy8292 wrote: »

They can make more bikes for other packs without adding them to the base game. In TS2 cars were exclusive to Nightlife, but they later added a new car in FreeTime & it was fully functional without needing Nightlife. They are doing things similarly in TS4 too (for example drones were exclusive to Get Famous but now they're adding more drones in Discover University).

There was no way they were going to give bikes away for free in the first place anyway, given how detailed the animation is compared to TS3 bikes. The only reason cars & bikes were in TS3 base game is that they needed them for transportation due to the open world. They didn't really have a choice (which is why they cheaped out on animation)
    qidpmcvgek8y.png
  • CAF84CAF84 Posts: 113 Member
    edited October 2019
    Standing bar tables! I am very happy to finally get those. I hope you can put bar stools next to them.

There's also a wall decoration that looks like a London Underground station sign, making this feel more British to me, which I really like (being a Londoner). The new windows and doors look beautiful on the old university buildings.

Okay, I'm pretty excited for this one...

EDIT:
    Also, there are a fair few slanted walls in the Foxbury institute pictures and gabled buildings in the images of the town centre. I wonder if these features are new Build mode tools or purely for the background decorative buildings.

And also, I totally imagined a canal going through the town yesterday after the teaser was announced. I even mentioned it on that thread. And now there is actually one there, I'm pretty proud of myself, in a lame way, for guessing that right.
  • doedeardoedear Posts: 303 Member
    excited for piercings but now i want body hair