Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Your first plans with the University EP?

FurSimsOfficialFurSimsOfficial Posts: 2,362 Member
Alright guys. The ultimate question is here: What are your first plans with the University EP? Now that we have seen the trailer and we may have gotten some ideas or inspiration from it, share what your next plans are in your game :) From building to gameplay, go ahead!

Things that came to mind immediately after watching the trailer:

- IF possible, I would build some Parisian apartments/houses/shops etc in the world/district below! It looks great. And let students move in here. I hope having pets and having any type of lot there is possible. Freedom with actual functioning apartments would be a dream though.
123.jpg

- In another thread I said that I am not into robots/future stuff, BUT IF robots would be a bit more realistic in a regular life of my sims, I ight be interested. Where sims can work on them for a career/study etc. The trailer seemed to make this a true thing, so I might have an engineer sim working on robots as a career.
1234.jpg
Post edited by FurSimsOfficial on

Comments

• EA_MaiEA_Mai Posts: 1,800 EA Staff (retired)
    Robotics is the first thing that comes to my mind - my Sim definitely wants to have some fun with that! :smiley:
  • RebbilinaRebbilina Posts: 377 Member
    edited October 2019
    The oldest teen in the next gen of my rotational save is nearing the end of his teenage years, so this really couldn't have come at a better time for me. I'm going to make sure he's ready for university once it drops and enroll him. His two younger siblings aren't that much younger than him and they have quite different interests (he's athletic, one is a bit of a geek and one is artsy), so I'm gonna have a lot of fun exploring the pack with the three of them.
  • AquaGamer1212AquaGamer1212 Posts: 5,417 Member
    I have a teen ready to go to for the pack. I need more info on how it works though. Is it a destination world? Can I switch between households, can I play more than one sim in a household?
    ts4_blossom_meadows_world_icon_gif_fan_art_by_hazzaplumbob-d.gif

• FelicityFelicity Posts: 4,979 Member
    I have a question about University -- is it going to be a week a term? If so, how does time figure in? Will be be completely separate from the rest of the worlds or will the sim be just about through their YA years when they graduate?
  • aprilroseaprilrose Posts: 1,832 Member
    In between now and release I'll be working on some builds.

When the game releases I'll be updating my builds and then diving right in with gameplay switching between two saves.
    Simming for 19 years!
    Family Tree
    Playing Mod & CC Free

• HopeyStarrHopeyStarr Posts: 1,276 Member
    I have a group of young adults waiting to explore the pack together. Some may fall in love or find new inspiration.

It'll be great to finally continue their stories.
    R5PO75w.gif?1
    *:.。."It's great being ((Queen Bee))!".。.:*
    ★・・・・・・★・・・・・・★・・・・・・★
    ✧ :-"As long as I continue to believe then one day my ((dreams)) really will come true."✧ :-
  • HayleeSimsHayleeSims Posts: 124 Member
    I'm thinking about making boy and girl twins who are polar opposites. Also I want to check out the secret society asap.
  • logionlogion Posts: 4,718 Member
    I think I will first check out how it works, I have some sims I want to send to university but I am not sure if I can switch between households or how it works when you are there. Will the university be populated by randoms or by sims I send there?
  • LishacakeLishacake Posts: 296 Member
    I've kept my legacy on hold for uni, so I'll be resuming that. Ryan (legacy heir) will be the sim I take to uni first. He's a teen right now, and I play on Long, so I have plenty of time before he's a YA. Not sure which uni he'll be going to, but robotics definitely piqued my interest. I absolutely want him to live on campus. c:

I might send his friend-group to uni with him. Not sure if I'll play them or just have them as background characters for his journey, though. I'll definitely give them appropriate subjects to study, however.
  • x4m1r4x4m1r4 Posts: 3,901 Member
    I'm going to get all my 4th generation's kids enrolled! But, can we confirm that only the YA can enrol or it's open up to the elder? And I didn't see any lecturers or tutors at all. How's the class system actually works?
    OID:- x4m1r4
  • FurSimsOfficialFurSimsOfficial Posts: 2,362 Member
    I kind of feel that it could work like this time wise (And I sure hope so):

- It is the same as playing with any other household. When aging is on, time just passes by. Aging is off means no any sim is aging, but university time will always keep moving (it would be weird to pause that?). You can switch between any household and while you play with another household with aging on, the other sim's university time just freezes until you play with them again. Which means, they will get older while they are on university.

I think this would be the best way to work around of this and I do not see too many complications here. Or am I missing something? This is for another thread though.
  • DaWaterRatDaWaterRat Posts: 3,353 Member
    Yeah, I have too many questions about how it's going to play to anticipate how I'm going to use it.

• youilivefor92youilivefor92 Posts: 62 Member
    I have a few immediate plans. Usually when a pack comes out, I make a new save w/a new sim (though tbh, I make a new save/sim just about every time I open the game bc I have the attention span of a snail, but I digress), and outfit them in a way to best take advantage of the new gameplay. I give them new traits (if there are any), dress them w/all new CAS items, etc. and give them a new aspiration (again if there is one, which I'm sure there will be). This is just so that I can get right into things and play around with them for a bit and test things out.

THEN I have a legacy I'm working on (trying NOT to scrap it after the 3rd gen like I usually do) and one of the 3rd gen's kids is a teen right now, with three more to follow eventually, and I'll likely be sending all of them there. Two of them are closer in age, with the last two quite a bit younger so we'll see how that all works out. I already have a feeling of which schools each of them will go to, but the 3rd born (first girl) is the heir and she'll be my main focus once she gets there. (It would be cool to have the option send sims off as like a rabbit hole and not have to follow them so that I can keep focus on the heir, but somehow I doubt that's how it'll work).

Another plan I have is for a story I'm planning based off some Tumblr RP I've done in the past, an HP crossover sort of thing. I'm making the sims now as children and will get their story rolling before sending them all off to college together and will make it a sort of magical university.
  • PlumbobCrossingPlumbobCrossing Posts: 8,455 Member
    I’m starting to play my family for this pack, I have two teenage sisters who will go to university. One is super pretty and popular and the other is the ugly duckling who is a massive nerd. Should so so interesting. >:) Also I will be redoing all bathrooms since we now obviously have stall judging bu the trailer. It’s pretty bad I squealed with excitement when I saw that. Haha
  • JemmaTheSimmerJemmaTheSimmer Posts: 387 Member
    Probably rebuilding everything. Last few packs have had very meh builds and I love to build. I rebuild or at least renovate all lots anyway though, so that is probably my first thing to do. Just hope nothing is locked completely for building like the Strangerville lab.

Also have a couple of families I've not played in a while that I'll go back to - this generation is not right for uni (all the teens that would have gone are already YA now) so I need to get to the next generation and have some teens ready for uni :).
  • SheepilingSheepiling Posts: 579 Member
    I'm gonna make my engineer fall in love with his/her robot <3
  • MasonGamerMasonGamer Posts: 8,851 Member
    Work on my sim's Sketching, Soccer, and beer chugging skills, Start a bunch of Soccer clubs.

I hope we can edit and change the school. Choose the school Mascot, School Colors, The School Name...

I built a "High School" as a library in the style of one of my local College buildings.

And I want to see if it can fit... if not I'll find another world to put it. Hopefully there is a 64x64 lot in Britechester

My sorcerer who is a History and Computer Science Major, like myself. isn't born yet... Maybe I'll have his human side of the family Go to Britechester.
    Realm of Magic:

My Mood:

tumblr_nlbf3b0Jyb1qkheaxo5_250.gif
  • TomatplanteTomatplante Posts: 2,793 Member
    I'm kind of struggling with this, because I don't have any sims who will become YAs soon and I never start a new family. I still play my everlasting legacy spread out on four households, and right now almost everyone are young adults who have already started building a career and a family. Maybe one of them suddenly decides to go to University instead? Otherwise, it will take a while before the next generation is ready for uni.
  • Kita5399Kita5399 Posts: 2,112 Member
    Kita5399 wrote: »
    I’m dealing with this in my rotation save right now. University is my favorite pack in both TS2 & TS3, so fingers crossed the leaks are real! I’m stuck though wondering what to do with the premades I’m playing.. Wolfgang is dating Cassandra, but living in an apartment with Yuki (they both left their households because of marriages they felt left out of). Yuki is kind of in love with him, but he’s oblivious. I’m having a blast playing them, but they all only have two days before aging up to YA, and like you I’m not sure if they could attend Uni at that point. I’m playing other households for now (aging set to active household only), but I really miss playing them.. I don’t really want to turn aging off and play them, because I’m afraid I’ll either get bored with their story, or rush it.
    I had answered the above in a thread about waiting for the Uni announcement.. so now that I have some info, I’m going to send Wolfgang to Foxbury and make Yuki and Cassandra roommates at Brightchester.. bring on the drama!!
  • SimaniteSimanite Posts: 4,833 Member
    Make some Sims destroy their university campus because they don't like a speaker coming to visit.
  • honeypooh1267honeypooh1267 Posts: 1,344 Member
    edited October 2019
    i always restart my game and start fixing buildings, making sims familys and start getting ready for the new pack..i just pre-ordered it on origin.. now i just have to start making sims.. and start thinking who is going to collage? what sim goes to foxbury or brightchester...hummm until then making sims & fixing buildings.
  • doublenoodlesdoublenoodles Posts: 89 Member
    I will send 2 or maybe 3 young adults from my game to study at the same time at the historic University. I have a landgraab legacy and goth legacy so I will send sims from there. Once they graduate I will send my programmer sim's son to the tech university to follow in his dad's footsteps.
  • IrishSimmer21IrishSimmer21 Posts: 464 Member
    I am sending my sim, Nicole Johnson, with her best friend, Luna Villareal. I think they will go to Britechester. Nicole is dating Duane Talla (from Island Living). He has decided to not attend university so they have agreed that they will break up before she goes. They will reunite when Nicole graduates. Luna is supportive of this decision and is determined that Nicole will have fun and meet other guys while they are studying.

In another game, my sims, Zac and Priya, will attend Foxbury. They are going to be a couple when they both become teens. I have it planned that they will marry after they graduate and have got a start in their careers.
  • EnkiSchmidtEnkiSchmidt Posts: 5,341 Member
    edited October 2019
    By the time I'll be getting the EP, there'll be challenges and mods around that I might delve into.

Otherwise I have two plans:

- Play my Renegades in a new save, naturally. This save will focus on everything other than actually studying. (Although Wolfgang and Brandon might really want to study, but do their best to hide this from the others.)

- In my rotational save androids play a big part. I'm going to create a side save set in the past, where the android inventor and his half-brother attend rival colleges. The Sims 4 robots will be the first prototypes for the later androids. I hope I can send the boys at the same time and switch back and forth between them, not sure how time will work. If this plan won't work, I might stuff them both into the same dorm room.
  • TopNotchToddlerTopNotchToddler Posts: 190 Member
    Piercing my robot and having a shower.