Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Build-n-Share Challenge #182 **Jack Frost Comes Knocking** Due February 29, 2024

Comments

• TaoronTaoron Posts: 2,031 Member
    edited October 2019
    Thank you @xamira99 & @sgemm Really niceley done little Colonial. And yes, I think you are correct. Several times I was blowing through an area and had to delete everything I had done, because I made it warm, with brown. lol Heck, I was afraid to leave any dirt areas in the yard. I don't know how psycho this person is with brown. What did brown ever do to her???? :P
  • wendyologywendyology Posts: 395 Member
    I'm guessing both of these builds are for the woman who hates any shade of brown. A tall order especially in a traditional build.

@Taoron I love the round patio, so dramatic! I'm guessing unhappy times in a brown house gave her such a strong reaction to the color.

@sgemm I'm glad you kept going, it's a stately home perfect for the sisters.
  • Rostri-JoduRostri-Jodu Posts: 718 Member
    BUILD OFFICIAL ENTRY FORM
    CHALLENGE #129 - Solving the Seniors Situation Pt II

FORUM ID: Rostri-Jodu
    ORIGIN ID: Rostrijodu
    LEVEL: Expert
    SIMS 4 LOT NAME: Pier Palace in Windenburg
    NEW LOT LINK: Here
    LOT COST: §2,000
    GALLERY COST: §123,000
    TOTAL COST: §125,000
    LINK TO ENTRY SLIDESHOW: Here
    ENTRY DETAILS: Twin sisters Candy and Sophia have recently decided to move in together after the passing of both of their husbands and the destruction of each of their homes in a horrific flood. Looking for an elevated, safe haven, where they can enjoy a peaceful afternoon gardening or a quiet evening reading, On the Banks of Noren is the perfect place for them to do exactly that. Did I mention that they're witches too? Well this two bedroom, two and a half bath home has that need covered with dueling cauldrons!
    CONSTRUCTIVE CRITICISM: Sure!
    CREDIT FOR CC/RECOLORS: N/A

SPACE FOR PICTURES:

o7qVw6I.png
  • TaoronTaoron Posts: 2,031 Member
    Beatiful home @Rostri-Jodu

Thanks @wendyology
    Thank you @Taoron.
  • sgemmsgemm Posts: 38 Member
    @Taoron Thank you! Very difficult- and I often contemplated just how much brown I should consider adding, I ended up with bits here and there in the end.

@wendyology Thanks, I appreciate that. I'm also glad I did, and I think even just changing the lot it was on gave me more inspiration to finish it.
  • JojoMOMSTERJojoMOMSTER Posts: 1,957 Member
    You guys have outdone yourselves yet again! Beautiful high up houses all around. Looking forward to peeking in individually.
  • wendyologywendyology Posts: 395 Member
    @Rostri-Jodu Green is such a nice choice as your base color!
  • MaryKupMaryKup Posts: 119 Member
    BUILD OFFICIAL ENTRY FORM
    CHALLENGE #129: Solving the Seniors Situation Pt II
    Forum ID: MaryKup
    Origin ID: MaryKup
    Level: just starting out in BnS
    Link to lot: [url=" https://www.ea.com/games/the-sims/the-sims-4/pc/gallery/4D9C67CBF50B11E98252402B5B8C1890?category=lots&searchtype=item_name&sortby=newest&time=all&searchquery=Off the Grid&max=50&maxis=false"] https://ea.com/games/the-sims/the-sims-4/pc/gallery/4D9C67CBF50B11E98252402B5B8C1890?category=lots&searchtype=item_name&sortby=newest&time=all&searchquery=Off the Grid&max=50&maxis=false[/url]

This house is built for Mikael and Birgitta Olsson, who are a happily retired couple who have always wanted their dream get-a-way. It is surrounded by water and has a lovely garden area that Birgitta just loves. Mikael has a man cave and Birgitta has an upstairs art studio to work on the painting that she always loved. There is an open concept kitchen/dining/living area with a bath downstairs and 2 bedrooms and 2 baths with the studio upstairs. Lots of outdoor things to do as well.

Critique: Yes please, not the best at doing pictures for posting.

Lot cost: 8620
    Gallery Cost: 117,901
    My build cost: 126,901
    LINK TO ENTRY SLIDESHOW: https://imgur.com/a/AY4GVXq

wendyology wrote: »
    @Rostri-Jodu Green is such a nice choice as your base color!

Thank you, @wendyology. I thought it worked well for the setting and the gardening part of the brief.
  • DevilariahDevilariah Posts: 124 Member
    SIM ENTRY FORM.

CHALLENGE  #129 - SOLVING THE SENIORS SITUATION PT II.

FORUM ID: Devilariah
    ORIGIN ID: Devilariah
    LEVEL: Expert.
    HOUSEHOLD: https://www.ea.com/games/the-sims/the-sims-4/pc/gallery/0767E180F60911E983327A1175479295?category=all&searchtype=ea_origin_id&sortby=downloads&time=all&searchquery=Devilariah&max=50&maxis=false
    LINK TO ENTRY SLIDESHOW: https://imgur.com/a/jLWXntQ
    ENTRY DETAILS: The Ausman Family.
    CONSTRUCTIVE CRITICISM: Please 🙂
    CREDIT FOR CC/RECOLORS: None.
    TWITTER TAG: https://twitter.com/Devilariah
    FACEBOOK PROFILE:  https://www.facebook.com/Devilaraih

SPACE FOR PICTURES: LzBBXRx.pngyBqv0MM.png

edited October 2019
    BUILD ENTRY FORM.

CHALLENGE #129 - SOLVING THE SENIORS SITUATION PT II.

FORUM ID: Devilariah
    ORIGIN ID: Devilariah
    LEVEL: Expert.
    LOT: https://www.ea.com/games/the-sims/the-sims-4/pc/gallery/A6B6CCC3F60911E984727A1175479295?category=all&searchtype=ea_origin_id&sortby=downloads&time=all&searchquery=Devilariah&max=50&maxis=false
    LOT COST: 3500.
    LOT NAME: Old Penelope, Strangerville.
    GALLERY COST: 120388.
    TOTAL COST: 123888.
    LINK TO ENTRY SLIDESHOW: https://imgur.com/a/N0Z62vg
    ENTRY DETAILS: A new home modern for the Ausman family. Raised on a 8-step high desert
    foundation to protect the home from floods. The area may seem dry, but the river nearby can be quit dangerous. Heavy rainfall may cause the river to overflow and cause homes nearby to turn into aquariums. But the Ausman's home won't have that issue! The home
    has a modern and clean style for the stylish family. A lot of outside space fitted with lots of nice furniture for late nights under the stars. Or pool party's! The home also has several balcony's plus a large roofterras. Located here is the family's telescope
    right outside the study. The large roofterras also has plenty of space to store the garden furniture downstairs in times of floods, also ensuring that the Ausman's will still be able to enjoy time outside! With 2 guestrooms and a guest bathroom there's also
    plenty of space for family and friends to stay over. The large kitchen, perfect to prepare large dinners, seperate living room to entertain and dining room for dinner party's.
    STRUCTIVE CRITICISM: Please 🙂
    CREDIT FOR CC/RECOLORS:  None.
    TWITTER TAG: https://twitter.com/Devilariah
    FACEBOOK PROFILE: https://www.facebook.com/Devilaraih
    SPACE FOR PICTURES: 

Q8c75x6.png

rcyEjWU.png

• BuildnShareBuildnShare Posts: 4,061 Member
    We're going to extend the deadline for this challenge until the weekend. Then we'll start sign-ups for the next phase of Whimsyville! If you have already submitted your entry, feel free to go back and edit/tweak things until the end of the day on Saturday, 10/26 <3
    GArBA5W.jpg
  • SerenityhyperionSerenityhyperion Posts: 57 Member
    BUILD OFFICIAL ENTRY FORM (please copy and paste into your entry post)
    CHALLENGE #129 - Senior Living Part II
    FORUM ID: serenityhyperion
    ORIGIN ID: serenityhyperion
    LEVEL:
    SIMS 4 LOT NAME: Riverside Roost - name it Senior Roost for the upload
    NEW LOT LINK: h ttps://www.ea.com/en-gb/games/the-sims/the-sims-4/pc/gallery/CA6E7F5AF70F11E982CB267D47C7ADE4?category=all&searchtype=ea_origin_id&sortby=newest&time=all&searchquery=serenityhyperion&max=50&maxis=false
    LOT COST: $2,500
    GALLERY COST: $115, 803
    TOTAL COST: $118,303
    LINK TO ENTRY SLIDESHOW: h ttps://imgur.com/a/2VN2o1y
    ENTRY DETAILS: Mikael and Briggit's kids have flown the nest! They went ahead and remodeled the entire house to set themselves up for some easy living. Of course, they left a guest bathroom. But wow is it nice to have a crafting room for all the woodworking and painting she does - and a computer for her writing! Mikael is all about showing off his awesome angler skills, though. He has stocked the backyard pond with some rare fish he's caught out and about. Plenty are mounted on the wall, though, and he has a simple computer for looking up the latest fishing reports or checking out the futball scores. This entire build was done using basegame or free items so that everyone can use it.
    CONSTRUCTIVE CRITICISM: Yes, please! I want to learn and am always looking to improve my skills.
    SPACE FOR PICTURES: Cannot post pictures yet.
  • AllearsAllears Posts: 519 Member
    BUILD OFFICIAL ENTRY FORM (please copy and paste into your entry post)
    CHALLENGE #129 - Senior Living Part II
    FORUM ID: serenityhyperion
    ORIGIN ID: serenityhyperion
    LEVEL:
    SIMS 4 LOT NAME: Riverside Roost - name it Senior Roost for the upload
    NEW LOT LINK: https://www.ea.com/en-gb/games/the-sims/the-sims-4/pc/gallery/CA6E7F5AF70F11E982CB267D47C7ADE4?category=all&searchtype=ea_origin_id&sortby=newest&time=all&searchquery=serenityhyperion&max=50&maxis=false
    LOT COST: $2,500
    GALLERY COST: $115, 803
    TOTAL COST: $118,303
    LINK TO ENTRY SLIDESHOW: https://imgur.com/a/2VN2o1y
    ENTRY DETAILS: Mikael and Briggit's kids have flown the nest! They went ahead and remodeled the entire house to set themselves up for some easy living. Of course, they left a guest bathroom. But wow is it nice to have a crafting room for all the woodworking and painting she does - and a computer for her writing! Mikael is all about showing off his awesome angler skills, though. He has stocked the backyard pond with some rare fish he's caught out and about. Plenty are mounted on the wall, though, and he has a simple computer for looking up the latest fishing reports or checking out the futball scores. This entire build was done using basegame or free items so that everyone can use it.
    CONSTRUCTIVE CRITICISM: Yes, please! I want to learn and am always looking to improve my skills.
    SPACE FOR PICTURES: Cannot post pictures yet.

Check out my homes on the Gallery
    EA ID SassiLassi
    Gallery Link SassiLassi
  • SerenityhyperionSerenityhyperion Posts: 57 Member
    @Allears Thank you!

Also... I really hope that I didn't mess anything up and end up disqualified. :(
  • Talea12345Talea12345 Posts: 132 Member
    We're going to extend the deadline for this challenge until the weekend. Then we'll start sign-ups for the next phase of Whimsyville! If you have already submitted your entry, feel free to go back and edit/tweak things until the end of the day on Saturday, 10/26 <3

I am soooo excited for the next phase of Whimsyville! Hope we get to start soon 😀😀😀
    Talea12345 wrote: »

I am soooo excited for the next phase of Whimsyville! Hope we get to start soon 😀😀😀

Me too!
    Maybe i can finish the build i wasnt able to finish laste time T_T !! =D
    edited October 2019
    5nd1sli.png
    GArBA5W.jpg
    edited October 2019
    It's time to add even more whimsy to our Sims 4 neighborhoods! What is whimsy, you might ask? Merriam-Webster dictionary defines whimsy as a playful or amusing quality, a sense of humor or playfulness. Your builds should have charm and a humorous quality to them. The ways to accomplish this are infinite - use your imagination and have fun!

This round, we'll be creating residential lots and sim families. The goal is to have a residential home and potential family for every lot in the main Sims 4 neighborhoods (Willow Creek, Oasis Springs, Windenburg, Newcrest, and (possibly) Brindelton Bay). When claiming your lot, please state whether you will be creating a family for the lot or not. To help keep us organized, please submit lots and sims/households in the same post for this challenge.

Available Lots:
    Willow Creek:
    Streamlet Single - 20x15
    Crick Cabana - 20x15
    Bargain Bend - 30x20
    Daisy Hovel - 30x20
    Garden Essence - 40x30
    Rindle Rose - 20x15
    Potters Splay - 30x20
    Riverside Roost - 30x20
    Pique Hearth - 30x20
    Brook Bungalow - 40x30
    Hallow Slough - 30x20
    Ophelia Villa - 30x20
    Parkshore - 40x30
    Umbrage Manor - 40x30
    Cypress Terrace - 40x30
    Oakenstead - 50x50

Oasis Springs:
    Nookstone - 20x15
    Agave Adobe - 20x15
    Pebble Burrow - 30x20
    Sandtrap Flat - 30x20
    Slipsod Mesquite - 40x30
    Raffia Quinta - 20x15
    Dusty Turf - 30x20
    Vista Quarry - 30x20
    Springscape - 30x20
    Cacti Casa - 40x30
    Granada Palace - 30x20
    Sultry Springside - 30x20
    Arid Ridge - 40x30
    Rio Verde - 40x30
    Yuma Heights - 40x30
    Affluista Mansion - 50x50

Windenburg:
    Havisham House - 20x20
    Proprietor's Square - 30x20
    Waterlock Redoubt - 30x20
    Factory One - 30x20
    Cottage am See - 20x20
    Rustic Residence - 30x20
    The Summer Home - 40x30
    Coorinberg Cottage - 40x30
    Dresden House - 64x64
    Mid-Nowhere - 20x20
    Dock Den - 30x20
    Pier Palace - 30x20
    The Light house - 40x30
    Von Windenberg Estate - 64x64

Newcrest:
    Midtown Meadows - 40x30
    Beech Byway - 30x20
    Fern Park - 30x20
    Oak Alcove - 20x15
    Comfy Cubby - 20x15
    Twin Oracle Point - 50x40
    Rippling Flat - 40x30
    Avarice Acres - 40x30
    Tranquil Crescent - 30x30
    Asphalt Abodes - 30x20
    Optimist's Outlook - 40x30
    Sandy Run - 40x20
    Hillside Highlands - 30x20
    Civic Highlands - 30x20
    Cookout Lookout - 30x20

The Brief:
    • Create a whimsical residence.
    • Optional challenge - create a sim or household to reside in your whimsical build.

The Sims Challenge:
      *Create a whimsical sim or household

Please use the whole of hashtag #BnS130 when you upload your creations. Any build, room or household without this hashtag will not be considered for Maxis Fave nomination
      The deadline for this challenge is 13th November 2019 ** [no later than 23:59:59 EDT/New York Time]
    Post edited by BuildnShare on
    GArBA5W.jpg
    I would like to reserve the Hallow Slough lot in Willow Creek and, yes, I will be creating a family of sims for my build as well. Thank you!
  • x4m1r4x4m1r4 Posts: 3,901 Member
    edited October 2019
    Hello. I wish to participate and I would like to reserve the LightHouse, Windenburg. Thanks!

ETA: I will build a whimsical residence only.
    OID:- x4m1r4
  • Talea12345Talea12345 Posts: 132 Member
    edited October 2019
    I would like to reserve Havisham House - (20x20) in Windenburg. I'll attempt to do a family as well.
  • MikkinessMikkiness Posts: 131 Member
    edited October 2019
    I like the sound of Rindle Rose (Willow Creek - 20x15). I'll create a family as well.
    owEyOd7.png

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top