Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Foxbury or Britechester?

Comments

• KerrahSimKerrahSim Posts: 13 New Member
    Foxbury
    My personal preference would be Foxbury but my sim will specialize in New Education career so Uni of Brightchester is my pick. I imagine Foxbury Institute like MIT/Design School vibes while Brightchester Uni is like Cambridge University.
  • SheepilingSheepiling Posts: 579 Member
    Brightchester
    Castles for the win! I love the European inspired locations because my little American self never gets to see cool stuff like that IRL unless it's the fake Disney World ones. I'd love to see more than just Western European stuff in the future too~ Like Scandinavian and Slavic inspired locations :D

I'd love to visit Europe myself one day but that's money I don't have right now
  • BreeSashaBreeSasha Posts: 637 Member
    Foxbury
    I would prefer the brand new one, especially for a job in STEM. I want my Simmies to be brainy
  • nerdfashionnerdfashion Posts: 5,947 Member
    Brightchester
    Depends on the sim.
    funny-gifs20.gif

• LoveMcQueen5683LoveMcQueen5683 Posts: 3,689 Member
    They made britechester sound like an old school (possibly a castle) so literally that entire aesethic is going to be so much better than whatever the "modern foxbury" is.
    LR3g0ni.jpg
  • WrenryWrenry Posts: 960 Member
    Brightchester
    Britechester for the history, buildings designed by the sim who has one of the most expensive beds named for her, and the dragon mascot. If Foxbury had a fox though it'd been a different story.
  • taydevtaydev Posts: 912 Member
    Foxbury
    Both. I've been working on a sims story for 2 years, where my main two sims will meet during university. I use real locations in my mind. The girl attends Harvard and majors in literature, so she will go to the historical Brightchester, and the guy is a tech student at MIT, so the modern Foxbury Institute seems fitting for him. I've been waiting for this pack for quite some time, so I'm excited.
  • x4m1r4x4m1r4 Posts: 3,901 Member
    Brightchester
    Because IRL, I've attended such Uni, but since I've been playing multiple households, I will send them to both Uni.
    OID:- x4m1r4
  • Kita5399Kita5399 Posts: 2,112 Member
    Brightchester
    I’m going to use both in my rotation save, but my legacy children will attend Brightchester.
  • ryttu3kryttu3k Posts: 1,148 Member
    Foxbury
    My main will be going to Foxbury! I've been to both a modern uni and an old one (the oldest in Australia, in fact!) and the modern one is a LOT less creepy ;) Also, I'm hoping that's where the robotics will be!
  • SimTrippySimTrippy Posts: 7,651 Member
    Brightchester
    SimTrippy wrote: »
    I have a feeling Britechester will be the more fleshed out one somehow, from the descriptions we have seen. Really wondering how exactly this whole thing will work.

Sorry, I take that back xD I've been lying around with a fever these past few days so let's just blame it on that ;)

https://youtu.be/IeabxEy7tFM

I'm still excited though. And if I had to choose, my sims are going to historical Britechester :)
  • CinebarCinebar Posts: 33,618 Member
    Bit too early to ask such a question when we know hardly anything about either building.
    "Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.
  • hermioniahermionia Posts: 289 Member
    Cinebar wrote: »
    Bit too early to ask such a question when we know hardly anything about either building.

That's kinda the point... I want to see what people would pick without any context as to what either really is.
  • izecsonizecson Posts: 2,875 Member
    Foxbury
    Most of my sims are always the IT guy and geeky type so I will choose foxbury.
    ihavemultiplegamertags
  • AenalaAenala Posts: 23 Member
    Foxbury
    I'll definitely try both, but I went with Foxbury because it seems closer to my personal experience.
  • GalacticGalGalacticGal Posts: 28,461 Member
    edited October 2019
    Brightchester
    I'm a tad leery of the 'modern education' as it has gone completely haywire in RL. But, I may just check it out anyway. I refuse to be considered close-minded, you see. This thread is the first I've even seen about a second university. Glad we have a choice. :)
    Post edited by GalacticGal on
    You can download (free) all three volumes of my Night Whispers Star Trek Fanfiction here: http://galacticgal.deviantart.com/gallery/ You'll need to have a pdf reader. New websites: http://www.trekkiefanfiction.com/st-tos.php
    http://www.getfreeebooks.com/star-trek-original-series-fan-fiction-trilogy/
  • ChampandGirlieChampandGirlie Posts: 2,482 Member
    edited October 2019
    Brightchester
    Brightchester is more my style but I play with a bunch of sims and I'll send them to both. I'm glad there is more than one university campus.
    Champ and Girlie are dogs.
  • HimRumiHimRumi Posts: 1,444 Member
    Foxbury
    I like the back story behind Foxbury. Britechester is modern aesthetic which I really like.
  • MDianaSimsMDianaSims Posts: 4,175 Member
    Brightchester
    I'll definitely send sims to both, but Britechester appeals more to me personally.
    Gallery ID: MDianaSims | Simblr
  • FurSimsOfficialFurSimsOfficial Posts: 2,362 Member
    Foxbury
    It depends on my sim. In my country the foxbury university would be more common and I would like to see a more modern version for once.
    The sims that will attend uni in my game are now toddlers. For one I already know he is going to Foxbury, cause he has been living in a modern apartment in SM his whole life and it just suits with whatever his mom is planning for him and her own life.
  • PatricePatrice Posts: 361 Member
    Morning Simmer Friends! i choose both, they both look awesome! getting excited!!!
  • ernesdoernesdo Posts: 1,476 Member
    Foxbury
    I just want the lobster mascot
  • jooxisjooxis Posts: 515 Member
    edited October 2019
    DaWaterRat wrote: »
    ...But she aged up to YA last night.

I hope that won't be an issue, yikes. All the sims I want to send to Uni have aged up to YA :/ hopefully they can still go...

• DaWaterRatDaWaterRat Posts: 3,353 Member
    Brightchester
    jooxis wrote: »
    DaWaterRat wrote: »
    ...But she aged up to YA last night.

I hope that won't be an issue, yikes. All the sims I want to send to Uni have aged up to YA :/ hopefully they can still go...

I'm reasonably sure she probably still could. I just mean I've already started her on her career path (Doctor, then I plan on having her go Astronaut) so I'm not putting my game on hold until University comes out and all my mods are updated.
  • calaprfycalaprfy Posts: 3,927 Member
    Oh dear, where oh where will my Landgraabs go?