Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Has anyone found a way to replace the game's default werewolf face yet?

SimsLovinLycanSimsLovinLycan Posts: 1,910 Member
I've been playing TS3 a bit off and on for a while. I have "Supernatural" and "Late Night" and a bit of CC because I hate most of the Maxis male hair styles and I needed an actual fur-textured skin for werewolves (body hair alone just doesn't cut it for me). Mostly I've been messing with werewolves in the game (because I'm getting annoyed with the delays on werewolves in TS4...and between my troubles in TS3 and the wait in TS4, I'm starting to think the dev team is stacked with werewolf haters...), and I've been using NRAAS Master Controller to fix their awful default faces when I turn them in-game.

However, manually fixing their faces is getting kind of annoying. I know that there are built-in face slider parameters that the game uses for the default werewolf form somewhere in the game files. Where, I have no idea. So, I'd like to know, has anyone either created a mod or found a manual way to fix the default werewolf face parameters so that they don't automatically all look like lost WoW Orks when they transform for the first time? Any help, even a firm, "No, those files are just too hidden," will be much appreciated.
There is a song I hear, a melody from the past...
5MNZlGQ.gif
When I woke for the first time, when I slept for the last.

Comments

• GoulsquashGoulsquash Posts: 715 Member
    I'll be the first to admit I dont play much with werewolves, but would creating a default you like in CAS, and then making any future weresims with that sim as the base work?
    My Blog - Currently updating Aurora Skies!
  • Nikkei_SimmerNikkei_Simmer Posts: 9,426 Member
    @SimsLovinLycan.- CamKitty did a real nice cc loaded werewolf with instrucyions on how to use the specific cc to create the were

http://modthesims.info/download.php?t=571250 - if you want to create a more animalistic werewolf however you have to remove the slider limits so you can contour the lips and jaw to fit the elongated teeth

http://modthesims.info/download.php?t=571732 claws

http://modthesims.info/showthread.php?p=5221298#post5221298 Here’s the post with all the links from MTS.

Makes a satisfactory werewolf that looks like a human/wolf hybrid.

Just so you know I prefer playing with werewolves in Sims. Must be because I’m a Dog under the Chinese Horoscope. .
    GYZ6Ak9.png
    Always "River McIrish" ...and maybe some Bebe Hart. ~innocent expression~
  • Damienf519Damienf519 Posts: 6,991 Member
    edited October 2019
    Personally one of the things that I think EA could have done a better Job with with the Sims 3 is the werewolves. Would it really have been that hard to give us some werewolf specific face make up? Would giving werewolves black noses really be that hard? In the meantime, if you would like to make your werewolves look a bit less human, but mods don't work for you, you could try giving your werewolves an unnatural looking skin tone for their werewolf form.
    Post edited by Damienf519 on
  • SimsLovinLycanSimsLovinLycan Posts: 1,910 Member
    Thanks, everyone. I have found all of those resources already, and they're very helpful as is. However, it still ultimately involves me going into NRAAS and manually fixing everything. I was just wondering, since it's been so long since the pack was released, if anyone had been able to truly override the game's pre-set werewolf face defaults to save me some time (and spare me from having to see townie orc-wolves ever, ever again...What was their character design team THINKING?!).

I guess it'll be a few more years before some clever modder finally gets to the root of the problem. Until then, it's custom sliders and NRAAS tweaking for me...
    There is a song I hear, a melody from the past...
    5MNZlGQ.gif
    When I woke for the first time, when I slept for the last.
  • SunnyyesjamsSunnyyesjams Posts: 541 Member
    I hate how the ww form looks nothing like my sim. Why can't they do *when in ww form slide jaw depth 100 pts to the left* instead of every single sim having the exact same slider values when transformed// truly mind boggling.
    kwdT9wX.gif
  • ApparentlyAwesomeApparentlyAwesome Posts: 1,523 Member
    Using Master Controller might as well be the official fix at this point, sadly.

I wouldn't say to take this as 100% fact but I had been looking into this a while ago scouring through forums since it's my favorite occult and I always want to play them. I think I read that the issue starts when you use most of the in game methods to edit a werewolf's appearance like the dresser, stylist, mirror, etc.. It made since to me seeing as the only time I had a problem was when I was when I edited a werewolf's outfit or hair.

What I remember doing was saving the werewolf sim to bin after taking them into into CAS using MC. I edited whatever I wanted to change and saved him to bin just in case I forgot and used the mirror or dresser anyway, which of course I did end up doing. I ended up having to go back to edit in CAS using MC and replace my messed up one with the one I saved to the bin then adjusted his muscle build since he gained some muscle since I'd originally saved him to the bin. It's irritating but it's the only way I know that works and saves the work of redoing all the werewolf face sliders again. Also, it was recommended that people playing werewolves save them to bin in their older life stage(s) as well.

I want to play with a large pack of werewolves but there are unfortunately a lot of headaches that come with that. It's unfortunate EA never bothered to fix it but at least I knew what to expect from them in the future I guess.

I actually still have one of the tabs open from when I looked it up months ago so I copied and pasted a few of the links I had looked at in the spoilers in case anyone wants to refer to them.
    KqGXVAC.jpg
  • Damienf519Damienf519 Posts: 6,991 Member
    I hate how the ww form looks nothing like my sim. Why can't they do *when in ww form slide jaw depth 100 pts to the left* instead of every single sim having the exact same slider values when transformed// truly mind boggling.

A lot of it probably has to do with time constraints and the limitations of the Sims 3 engine. I still think EA could have done a much better job through if they had spent just a tiny bit more time and resources on werewolves.
  • emorrillemorrill Posts: 8,116 Member
    edited October 2019
    You got me curious to see what I could find and so I searched "Sims 3 Werewolf mask," instead of face. I was met with disappointment as well... :(

However I did stumble upon this and I must say this Werewolf sim at the linked address, woo! :open_mouth::love:
    https://ladesire-thesims3.blogspot.com/2013/01/werewolf-by-aen-for-sims-3.html

Now THAT'S how Werewolves should look in the game!!
    52607642900_bbbac3a314_c.jpg
  • Nikkei_SimmerNikkei_Simmer Posts: 9,426 Member
    edited October 2019
    I’m not enamoured of the Sims 3’sMichael J Fox Teen Wolf look.
    Screenshot-120.jpg

I much prefer where the were has a wolf-like appearance but of course the human face makes for some funny reaction shots especially when Were-Haruo gets stung by bees. :mrgreen:
    GYZ6Ak9.png
    Always "River McIrish" ...and maybe some Bebe Hart. ~innocent expression~