Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

TS4 DISCOVER UNIVERSITY OFFICIAL DESCRIPTION LEAKED + BOXART

Comments

• Coconut27Coconut27 Posts: 860 Member
    edited October 2019
    So Plumbella and other sim game changers got the official marketing from SimGuruFrost. It’s official guys!!! Some things I’m hoping we get more in detail:

1. Get invited to college parties like how we get invited to birthdays
    2. New party event like a “college rager” or something where we can invite sims we know and they end up bringing more who crash your party and it specifically becomes a huge party!
    3. NPC roommates in the the dorms
    4. Some pre-university tests/interactions for teenagers
    5. BUNK. BEDS.
    6. Open world in the university world so you can ride your bikes to classes
  • aprilroseaprilrose Posts: 1,832 Member
    Coconut27 wrote: »
    So Plumbella and other sim game changers got the official marketing from SimGuruFrost. It’s official guys!!! Some things I’m hoping we get more in detail:

2. New party event like a “college rager” or something where we can invite sims we know and they end up bringing more who crash your party and it specifically becomes a huge party!
    5. BUNK. BEDS.

I hope we can have graduation parties and cap and gowns in CAS so we can take photos with the photography studio.
    Simming for 19 years!
    Family Tree
    Playing Mod & CC Free

• OneAdorkableGirlOneAdorkableGirl Posts: 2,379 Member
    Happy to see this is finally releasing! :) Though, I do get this feeling that sororities and fraternities are going to be the content that was 'cut' from this one. (and I also wanted "legacy" Sims to be noticed that they're a legacy to the frat/sorority houses and if you had legacy Sims in your houses that this could add different benefits to the different houses..depending on their "status"). I'll try to wait for more information, but since... that wasn't in the description of that Origin screenshot, I'mma say that's a no. :(
  • SimsStarfishSimsStarfish Posts: 147 Member
    Very excited for the trailer and glad some of the anticipation will come to an end
  • rudy8292rudy8292 Posts: 3,410 Member
    edited October 2019

5. BUNK. BEDS.

Amazing. So that means Bikes are tied to that world? ...

Oh ofcourse. What a surprise.
  • SelinaKylesSelinaKyles Posts: 4,337 Member
    rudy8292 wrote: »

5. BUNK. BEDS.

No one knows nothing about that yet, but probably.

5. BUNK. BEDS.

No, but seriously, is the community again going to accept that IF it is the case?

Probably.
  • SelinaKylesSelinaKyles Posts: 4,337 Member

5. BUNK. BEDS.

No, but seriously, is the community again going to accept that IF it is the case?

Probably.

• IceyJIceyJ Posts: 4,641 Member
    I feel like they leak this in advance on purpose lol.

• KaeChan2089KaeChan2089 Posts: 4,944 Member
    I am not excited but Imay have my mind changed tomorrow, we'll see.
  • AlbaWaterhouseAlbaWaterhouse Posts: 3,953 Member

5. BUNK. BEDS.

Which also makes me almost certain that kids won't be able to ride them :s
    Origin ID is: AlbaWaterhouse
    All my creations are CC free.
    edited October 2019

5. BUNK. BEDS.

When it comes to bikes it's one (or more) of these things:

A ) Kids cannot use them
    B ) They are tied to the Uni world only
    C ) They are like brooms (get on and teleport)
    D ) ALL of the above.

It's the Sims 4, and people seem to forget that Sims 3 had them in the base game and were fully funcional for kids -> up.

Seriously people should stop accepting stuff like this.

Btw. If I am wrong (which is almost not possible because we know EA's track record with The Sims 4) I will give EA full credit for finally adding something not watered down.

This whole 'Better than Nothing!' philosophy I have seen going around isn't going to make them step up their game. It's a universal excuse at best for them to not do what they should do.
  • MadIrisMadIris Posts: 594 Member
    edited October 2019

Doesn't it always? Everybody knows this will be no different than every other watered down pack. I'm happy for those who are satisfied but because of that, there will be no sudden increase in quality.
    MadIris wrote: »

Doesn't it always? Everybody knows this will be no different than every other watered down pack.

sadly, yes.
  • elelunicyelelunicy Posts: 2,004 Member
    It's the Sims 4, and people seem to forget that Sims 3 had them in the base game and were fully funcional for kids -> up.

Even in TS3 you could only ride bikes on the actual roads. You couldn't ride them to anywhere you want.

No current TS4 worlds have real, functional roads. A lot of worlds/neighborhoods don't even have fake roads for FX cars.
    qidpmcvgek8y.png
    elelunicy wrote: »

Even in TS3 you could only ride bikes on the actual roads. You couldn't ride them to anywhere you want.

No current TS4 worlds have real, functional roads. A lot of worlds/neighborhoods don't even have fake roads for FX cars.

And that is a problem. Then they should fix those problems instead of putting them in one world. (What I expect they will do).
  • EdithVEdithV Posts: 859 Member
    I hope we are wrong about the bikes, they best not be confined to the university world. In fairness broomsticks aren't but then ocean swimming (and the jet skis essentially) are tied to one world. I will try to be optimistic but then again they often let us down, but I try not to be disappointed until the info is confirmed.
  • DannydanboDannydanbo Posts: 18,057 Member
    elelunicy wrote: »

And that is a problem. Then they should fix those problems instead of putting them in one world. (What I expect they will do).

"Fixing" it will screw up everyone's saves when they rebuild the world to accommodate roads, not to mention having to reprogram how sims travel everywhere in the game. That's why this will never be a feature in this game, not even in a new world where players want cars added like bikes in Britechester or aqua zips in Sulani. IMO, not gonna happen.
  • SimpatsyannSimpatsyann Posts: 1,308 Member

5. BUNK. BEDS.

You are jumping to a lot of conclusions based on one line in about things the poster HOPES to find out more about when actual information is released.
  • catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,395 Member

5. BUNK. BEDS.

A ) Kids cannot use them
    D ) ALL of the above.

Btw. If I am wrong (which is almost not possible because we know EA's track record with The Sims 4) I will give EA full credit for finally adding something not watered down.

This whole 'Better than Nothing!' philosophy I have seen going around isn't going to make them step up their game. It's a universal excuse at best for them to not do what they should do.

I figure they ll work like boats. Sims actually ride them. They only teleport on and off the boats. And regarding bikes they ll probably be upgradable like boats.
  • AlbaWaterhouseAlbaWaterhouse Posts: 3,953 Member

5. BUNK. BEDS.

You are jumping to a lot of conclusions based on one line in about things the poster HOPES to find out more about when actual information is released.

Maybe you are right, I just put up my "don't get too excited wall" now when a pack is announced. It helps with disappointment.
    I hope I'm wrong. I want kids to ride bikes so much!
    Origin ID is: AlbaWaterhouse
    All my creations are CC free.
  • davina1221davina1221 Posts: 3,656 Member
    Sounds okay.

But there doesn’t appear a lot of degrees? Studying villainy seems a bit childish.

I understand that they can only do so many, but at least let related fields start at a higher level or something. 3 is low, but I am very curious about the lawyer career. Also, two universities is a wonderful concept. I don't ever mess with the villain careers. I can't wait to see the trailer though.
  • IrdiwenIrdiwen Posts: 574 Member

5. BUNK. BEDS.

A ) Kids cannot use them
    D ) ALL of the above.

What would you have people do? Have everyone cry outrage, even if they are okay with something?
    Simmer since 2000! Sims 1, Sims, 2, Sims 3, Sims 4. Legacy player at heart.
    Irdiwen wrote: »

5. BUNK. BEDS.

A ) Kids cannot use them
    D ) ALL of the above.

What would you have people do? Have everyone cry outrage, even if they are okay with something?

By ''They'' I mean EA.

Because this community has lowered it's standards to the absolute minimum, EA can use these excuses ''better than nothing'' to just get away with doing less. That is what I meant.