Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Mods and CC are better than the actual game content

2...Next

Comments

• siie_iiesiie_iie Posts: 1 New Member
    > @Vriyaya said:
    > I actually disagree. Mods and CC are great, but to expect that any company is going to be able to match the volume work that thousands, if not hundreds of thousands of individuals are willing to do for free on their own time sounds silly to me. Thats not just in regards to this game but any game with a large modding community.
    > Take Skyrim for example... the vanilla game is very highly rated. Yet most people play it with mods. Having a community of modders doesn't come across to me as a reason any company should be ashamed of their game.

Mods and CC are great to play with in order to make the game more suited to an individual, whereas a general company can't really do that as well as modders. A community of modders (like for Skyrim) can create some really nice stuff to play with, sometimes modders can produce quicker, depending on what they are trying to accomplish. A company shouldn't be ashamed that they can't create a game that's completely perfect for everyone. Overall, modders are great for fixing smaller bugs/issues and also for getting some nice stuff to add to a game. :D
  • BrexoxoBrexoxo Posts: 228 Member
    Hey everyone, l'm not sure if this is the right place to post this, but l'll tak my chances. Anyways, I have a serious issue. I play the Sims 4 on my MacBook Air, early 2015 version. l use cc and everything. However, when l downloaded the game and tried to play it on my dad's laptop (he has an HP), it wont start. I transferred the cc from the Mac to the HP (I NEED CC!)
    and the HP won't start. l want to know why. It can't be my cc because the game launches perfectly on my Mac, but when l launch it on the HP, l get the message that my cc files are corrupted. Any suggestions as to why this is?
  • Bananas_45Bananas_45 Posts: 6,775 Member
    Does the game run without the transferred files on the HP?
    @Bananas_45 Yes, the game works fine when l take out all my mods and cc. But as soon as l add something, even if it's just one hairstyle, my game wont open, saying the file(s) are corrupted. Like l said, it works perfectly fine on my Mac.
    Brexoxo wrote: »
    @Bananas_45 Yes, the game works fine when l take out all my mods and cc. But as soon as l add something, even if it's just one hairstyle, my game wont open, saying the file(s) are corrupted. Like l said, it works perfectly fine on my Mac.

@rosemow can you help?
  • rosemowrosemow Posts: 163,575 Member
    Bananas_45 wrote: »
    Brexoxo wrote: »

@rosemow can you help?

Hello @Bananas_45 :)
    I have been helping Brexoxo on another thread.
    Great! Thank you @rosemow!
  • YinalaYinala Posts: 132 Member
    These are all the mods I use to make the game fun B)
    Ieklr2o.png

and I'm still willing to download more mods! Mods make the game so much better in my opinion <3
  • candy8candy8 Posts: 3,815 Member
    I love my CC and couldn't live without it EA just gives basic stuff so it is kinda of boring in general and that is what keeps Sims 4 alive for me new CC because there really isn't that much in Sims 4 that is interesting not like Sims 3 or 2. I have tried a few mods but I am careful what I pick I try not to put to many in the game but some of the mods are really good just as good as what the developers make only thing is it conflicts with the game sometimes. The CC objects are way better then what EA makes there is a lot of work and detail to them so much better then EA makes. The people should get paid.
    After @rosemow helped me with my CC issue issue earlier this week, l can't see how some people can't play without it! I have over 1,000 cc objects and mods and l can't play without them. I had to use Maxis Match for 2 days while Ms. Rose was helping me and it was torture! Lol. I can never go back to the clay-texture hairs and clothes. I understand some people may like not using cc, but l'm not that kind of person. I NEED MY CC AND MODS!! :D
  • TuttyGamer8TuttyGamer8 Posts: 51 Member
    > @bixters said:
    > Something I've noticed with this iteration of the Sims is that the work of modders and CC creators has far exceeded the work of EA/ Maxis.
    >
    > While EA's content is terribly slow to release and often lackluster, the content created by the community has shown more depth, style and ingenuity than anything EA has put out for the Sims 4 to date. Mods and customer content have always been a part of the Sims, ever since the Sims 1, but at no other point in its history have I seen the content they create so completely overshadow the content released by EA.
    >
    > Mods such as MC Command Center, Less Musical Chairs, Zirbu's Happy Buffs to Fine and many others have helped stabilize the game and get rid of annoying bugs that Maxis rarely fixes. Mods such as MC Woohoo, Risky Woohoo, Road to Fame, Extreme Violence, Go to School, Go to College, Playable Careers, Self-Employed, Turbo Careers, as well as mods adding zodiac signs, gender preferences, more than 3 traits and favorite foods have added countless content and depth to what is still a game that is lacking content. Other mods have added new vacation destinations such Tropical Getaway, as well as supernaturals such as fairies, witches, sorcerers, mermaids, functional robots and most recently zombies. They recently created several additional small pets to the game to make up for the lack of them in the deplorably bad "My First Pet Stuff." Even more groundbreaking, modders are experimenting with online Multiplayer, specifically this user- iampokemonnumber1fan, and it is expected to be released soon.

Okay, I wasn't around for The Sims Online, and always wanted to play. Now, this seems really awesome! I hope it gets a public release.
  • bixtersbixters Posts: 2,299 Member
    Why exactly was this thread moved to General Mods Discussion? It was supposed to be feedback for the actual game, not just a chat about mods and CC. Which is why I put it under Feedback for the Sims 4
  • Lianimal_1Lianimal_1 Posts: 198 Member
    Dogs and Cats broke my game. I had to remove my mods folder and call Tech To Us to get it playable again, and I hadn't been able to get mods to work since. The last time I tried and failed, I just deleted the folder. I haven't had one until yesterday, when I figured out how to get them to work and decided to dip back in. I spent all day at TSR re-downloading all the stuff I used to love, plus. Then I couldn't get the 7z or rars to work. I messed up trying to figure it out, and copied a bunch of stuff to where it shouldn't be, and deleted stuff I thought was installed, but wasn't....so I scrapped everything but the zips, and downloaded it all again today...I haven't installed any of the re-downloaded stuff yet, but I got to thinking, these months I've spent with no cc, what I've enjoyed most was building, figuring out how to make stuff work, and sharing in the gallery. Now that my mods are back, my builds will be so much more fun, easier, and prettier.....but I can't share them like I'm used to, because not everyone has what I'm working with.
  • NaomiSImblrNaomiSImblr Posts: 158 Member
    I think everyone should try few mods before deciding it enhances the game in so many ways.
  • OldeseadoggeOldeseadogge Posts: 4,995 Member
    I use CC extensively in TS2, and have from the get-go so I can do medieval. That's possible as the game itself is mod/CC friendly. I'm staying away in TS4 as every time there's an update or new pack there is wholesale mod/CC slaughter, and I don't have the time or inclination to be constantly doing repairs. One would almost think they do it deliberately in the vain effort to discourage mods and CC
  • AnnaLoo91AnnaLoo91 Posts: 63 Member
    I actually agree. I very likely would not have been playing sims 4 for very long without the CC and Mods I've found. It's that lifeless otherwise imo. Sims 2 and Sims 3? I didn't feel I needed CC or Mods, but they did add some fun additions. But Sims 4 I really feel without mods, I would have gone back and played Sims 3 again and just ignored Sims 4. I still do play Sims 3, but I feel I just would have dropped 4 altogether.
    PromSig.png
    Zest Family Spawn: Promise Zest.
  • EA_RtasEA_Rtas Posts: 2,875 EA Community Manager
    Hey folks given this thread has been inactive for over a year I'm going to close it off. If you have any questions about necroposting you can read this thread here : Necroposting
This discussion has been closed.
Return to top