Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Still no Trick or Treaters.

Has anyone, ever, gotten any trick or treaters? I just read a thread that said the feature was still broken. Has it ever actually ever worked?
Pics or it didn't happen!
I have never had any & am on my 5th go of Halloween.
giphy.gif

Please Bring Back Toddlers, Realistic Teenagers and Create a World.
Make the Sims (4) Great Again<3

Comments

• SharoniaSharonia Posts: 4,853 Member
    edited October 2019
    I gave up on it and removed the requirement from my Spooky Day holiday. It was failing every time because no trick or treaters ever came.
  • babajaynebabajayne Posts: 1,866 Member
    It worked in my game a few times - Sorry I can’t bring receipts, but I swear it did happen! I can only recall it working in San Myshuno, wonder if that was/is the case for anyone else? But it did cease at some point and I have not had them for a long time.
  • Frn0731Frn0731 Posts: 7,180 Member
    I've never had any trick or treaters either and as Sharonia, I also removed it as a requirement.
    Laugh out loud. Often
  • Writin_RegWritin_Reg Posts: 28,907 Member
    I never played the Holiday in Sims 4.

"Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.

In dreams - I LIVE!
    In REALITY, I simply exist.....

• justlexijustlexi Posts: 57 Member
    It is almost Halloween the tech people should fix it, it is so frustrating.
  • Sleepy_InkSleepy_Ink Posts: 4 New Member
    That's one thing about the seasons pack that I really don't care for. Things like being able to send your sims trick-or-treating, or having different depths of snow on the ground. I feel like the sims 4 kind of missed out on some key details that could have made seasons far better.
  • SharoniaSharonia Posts: 4,853 Member
    Sleepy_Ink wrote: »
    That's one thing about the seasons pack that I really don't care for. Things like being able to send your sims trick-or-treating, or having different depths of snow on the ground. I feel like the sims 4 kind of missed out on some key details that could have made seasons far better.

I wish it snowed like it did in Sims 2.
  • Sleepy_InkSleepy_Ink Posts: 4 New Member
    > @Sharonia said:
    > (Quote)
    >
    > I wish it snowed like it did in Sims 2.

Exactly!!
  • XxAirixXXxAirixX Posts: 2,567 Member
    I never had any showed up at the door. Maybe it depends on the neighborhood?
  • KimmerKimmer Posts: 2,370 Member
    At first it worked but recently I haven't seen any of them.
    I'm going to remove that tradition from Halloween the next time. It was a bit annoying even back when it worked, because if I played with bigger families there were never enough trick or treaters for everyone in the family to fill the tradition goal, they always left immediately when one family member asked for a trick or treat.
  • HoveraelHoverael Posts: 1,230 Member
    I've never seen this holiday with seasons installed. it must require spooky stuff pack to get it going? only thing i can think of.

Nice to know i should avoid it for now. Thanks.
  • CK213CK213 Posts: 20,525 Member
    My sims weren't getting any at their home.

I changed my season to 7 days and the holiday came up again. I didn't expect that and my sim was at her business in Magnolia Promenade.
    Trick or treaters began to show up. I don't know if it was because she was at her business, or that it was a 7 day season, or if changing the season length reset something.

10-19-19_9-07-28nbspAM.png

This kid showed up in a towel.
    Hopefully this paparazzo is calling Child Protection Services.
    10-19-19_9-06-46nbspAM.png
    The%20Goths.png?width=1920&height=1080&fit=bounds
  • DianesimsDianesims Posts: 2,867 Member
    I think you need the candy bowl for them to show up ? I always have it on my sims porch. But yes sometimes they don’t come or very few come.
  • ShanabananasShanabananas Posts: 35 Member
    It's worked maybe 3 times in my game. Its definately rare. I dont even pay attention to it anymore. It sucks that it hasn't been fixed yet.
    CK213 wrote: »
    I changed my season to 7 days and the holiday came up again.

Trick or treaters began to show up. I don't know if it was because she was at her business, or that it was a 7 day season, or if changing the season length reset something.
    interesting!
    There’s another thread on this topic right now and I posted about changing from 7-day seasons (when trick or treating did work for me) to 14-day seasons and adding the holiday back manually (and it doesn’t work now) so we may be onto something there - as in: If the game uses the default holiday, it works but if you add it manually it doesn’t work. Could this be the case?

Wonder if there is a way to reset holidays to default in an existing save. Going back to 7-day seasons might have done that for you, but I want longer seasons.
    Hoverael wrote: »
    I've never seen this holiday with seasons installed. it must require spooky stuff pack to get it going? only thing i can think of.

It doesn’t require Spooky Day stuff (which I don’t have), but that adds a candy bowl which may possibly help fulfill this holiday activity.

• MidnightAuraMidnightAura Posts: 5,809 Member
    It definitely worked at one stage for me. In one instance it was with the holiday bowl and kids were just barging straight into the house and grabbing candy and leaving. On another occasion when I tried it without, it was working for certain. Will have to try it again.
  • Zeldaboy180Zeldaboy180 Posts: 5,997 Member
    Kimmer wrote: »
    At first it worked but recently I haven't seen any of them.
    I'm going to remove that tradition from Halloween the next time. It was a bit annoying even back when it worked, because if I played with bigger families there were never enough trick or treaters for everyone in the family to fill the tradition goal, they always left immediately when one family member asked for a trick or treat.

Might I recommend leaving a bowl outside? (Requires spooky stuff) It still fills the whim and children and teenagers will automatically take candy from it.

And to answer Op it's literally work the whole time for me except now it doesn't seem to work
    e68338c368f106ae784e73111955bd86.png
  • julienrob2004julienrob2004 Posts: 4,166 Member
    edited October 2019
    It used to work but somehow Maxis have managed to break it in a recent patch or pack . I wish they would put as much effort into bug fixing their games as they do to patching Origin
  • XxAirixXXxAirixX Posts: 2,567 Member
    Hoverael wrote: »

You have to create the holiday, it isn't one of the official holidays.
  • SarahsShadySarahsShady Posts: 963 Member
    @Zeldaboy180 The feature has never worked for me and many others. If it's broken now why hasn't it been addressed? It's Halloween season now!! & only for so long :(
    giphy.gif

Please Bring Back Toddlers, Realistic Teenagers and Create a World.
    Make the Sims (4) Great Again<3

• MDianaSimsMDianaSims Posts: 4,175 Member
    CK213 wrote: »
    My sims weren't getting any at their home.

I changed my season to 7 days and the holiday came up again. I didn't expect that and my sim was at her business in Magnolia Promenade.

10-19-19_9-07-28nbspAM.png

This kid showed up in a towel.
    Hopefully this paparazzo is calling Child Protection Services.
    10-19-19_9-06-46nbspAM.png

I'd rather think it has to do with it being a business or Magnolia Promenade. The only time I've had trick or treaters was when my sim was at her business in MP.
    Gallery ID: MDianaSims | Simblr
  • Writin_RegWritin_Reg Posts: 28,907 Member
    I played trick or treat in Sims 3 because my kids in game could do it - I do not play it in sims 4 because our kids can only give candy to kids who visit their house - my kids do not get to go. So I always cancel the Holiday.

"Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.

In dreams - I LIVE!
    In REALITY, I simply exist.....

• TWSimGamer82TWSimGamer82 Posts: 456 Member
    I've only have Trick or Treaters come to my sim's door once. I haven't seen them recently. Maybe a patch broke it?
    Sim: "I'm starving!"
    Player: *instructs sim to prepare meal* "Then eat something, you little goofball!"
    Sim: *starts cooking meal*
    -5 seconds later-
    Sim: *Stops cooking meal* "I'm so hungry!"
    Player: *head hits desk*
  • PenguinBudgiePenguinBudgie Posts: 44 Member
    I have had them a few times -- more so when the pack was more recent. Sorry I don't have any pics, but I remember a couple kids coming by in Brindleton Bay. My seasons are generally set to 14 days.