Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Anyone else miss Sims having storylines?

Does anyone else miss the storylines and memories in the Sims? Yeah obviously we can make our own but I feel like Sims 2 was the best for character background/ development with the whole Bella Goth story, Pleasantview love triangle and Strangetown mystery etc.

I liked entering a town and reading the back stories of the families. What do y’all think?
I want to know what you guys did with Don, Cassandra, Dina, Nina, Bella etc! How did you plan the aftermath of the affairs? What happened next in your stories?

Comments

• karieebokarieebo Posts: 24 Member
    Yeah, I miss that a lot. This is one of many reasons why TS2 is my favourite!
    Honestly, I haven't done much with Don, Nina and Dina. I just kind of let MCCC run wild and do whatever - nothing really interesting happened, Don is married to Nina and they have a daughter (she's super cute btw!). Also, Don cheats on her with pretty much every girl in the world, lol. I decided to break the Goth family apart - Bella and Mortimer got divorced, but they still live together. Cassandra and Alex decided to run away, since I made them hate their parents, and I'm doing the homeless challenge with them.
    Nothing too interesting, but yeah.
  • justlexijustlexi Posts: 57 Member
    TS2 is indeed one of the best versions, I like it compared to the new ones but then again I don't where to get the old version. TS1 still exists, I got it on YT but TS2 is way better.
  • Sleepy_InkSleepy_Ink Posts: 4 New Member
    I feel like the storylines added a lot more depth to your gameplay. There were plenty of times in the sims 3 where I would have my sims outside at a festival and go "Oh that's Mrs. Crumplebottom, she's the town's black widow" and so on. It's little things like that, that can make a big difference in how a person views the townies in their game.
  • carvernosamcarvernosam Posts: 34 Member
    edited May 2023
    DELETED
    Post edited by carvernosam on
  • Felicity1169Felicity1169 Posts: 592 Member
    Yes and no, I do miss character descriptions for individual sims and towns, but I actually disliked preprogrammed events and the Bella Goth disappearence, it was my least favorite part of the Sims 2. I want to be in control of my sims fate. I always ending up undoing all of Pleasantville's story, I download a version where Bella is back from the dead, break up Cassandra and Don right away without attempting the marriage (I don't know how they became a couple in the first place, what an odd pairing). I don't mind some goaled stories like Strangerville, but I feel like I have much more control over my actual sims lives in that particular situation, as in the case with Strangerville at least I can completely ignore the story if I want to.
  • x4m1r4x4m1r4 Posts: 3,901 Member
    Yep, I do. And I really like it when they have a special animation whenever there's a significant event happened in the Sims life.
    OID:- x4m1r4
  • WarGreymon77WarGreymon77 Posts: 127 Member
    Maxis was better at setting up backstories than I am, apparently. I always used to ignore the premades and play as my own families, but that got repetitive. Now I play as my own while also playing as the Pleasantview and Strangetown families. I'm really quite surprised how dark they got with the Pleasantview families, though. Poor Bella Goth, marital problems with the Pleasants, the Newbies are dead, all of the Sims 1 families have got drama in that hood.